Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #41
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Default Re: DDR Memories...

I have no clue how young I was. Just a wee lad. First time I ever played ddr was on a crappy plastic pad at my house on DDR Konomix for the Playstation. Since then, I have probably played each game that has come out either in the arcade or at home. No place near me has a machine any more so I haven't played in quite some time, but I used to be really good.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #42
vro
FFR Player

Yeah, DDR and ITG machines are becoming harder to find. Whats funny though is that I'm seeing more and more PIU machines pop up, which I don't necesarilly mind because I love that game a lot too.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #43
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
I have no clue how young I was. Just a wee lad. First time I ever played ddr was on a crappy plastic pad at my house on DDR Konomix for the Playstation. Since then, I have probably played each game that has come out either in the arcade or at home. No place near me has a machine any more so I haven't played in quite some time, but I used to be really good.
This is exactly my story. Konamix, machines, dead community. In chronological order.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #44
boibomb
FFR Player

Started because I saw a video on youtube of someone Freestyling on DDR Extreme. Then I went to a dave In Busters in GA and they had it there. Spent around 20 bucks on DDR while there. Mom was trying to figure out why i was so sweaty.lol Started out on Light and moved up from there. Got my first DDR game when i got a ps2 about 6 years ago. My favorite song is anything by Captain Jack(R.I.P). DDR was a gateway to alot of other music based games(PIU,ITG,DJ Hero,Guitar Hero,Pop n" Music,etc).

http://www.whitelabelnation.com
For All Your Free Underground Mixtapes,Dubstep,8bit,Techno,Hip-Hop and Indie Music Needs!!!
boibomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #45
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

First time I played DDR, I was just starting to become good friends with Superfreak04 and he dragged me to Oddessy Fun World to play ITG and I ended up spending >9000 dollars (moar like $15 in quarters) for us to play because he didn't have any. I was 15. Good times them ITG Mondays were.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #46
tomokon
FFR Player

i dont know how has it been, i started playing ddr when it was first released on the playstation system, than later on i got good at it in the arcades.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #47
effenzo
FFR Player

i bought dancing stage fusion on a whim for the playstation, got the mat and played and played until i unlocked paranoia survivor, after that ive become hooked and that game and the cruddy roll up mat started it all
effenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #48
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

First DDR song was Tricky Disco. x]
Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #49
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

a year ago, I first played DDR by buying DDR: Universe 2 for the Xbox360.

I haven't had a chance to play on a real DDR cabinet yet
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #50
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
First DDR song was Tricky Disco. x]
My god I don't remember my first song but I think it was I Do I Do I Do.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #51
C@!
zןnɹ oןos
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to C@!

I miss the arcade days..............I remember the first time I played DDR. I was like 11 and while I was playing I looked back and there happened to be like 15 people watching me LOL. I got so nervous but kept playing (it felt awesome). Back at my arcades DDR/ITG attracted huge crowds of people but nowadays nobody goes anymore because there are only 1 DDR and 1 ITG machine (there used to be like 10 there) and they barely even work.....
C@! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #52
Kawaii025
Fake D4
FFR Veteran

My earliest DDR memory dates back to 2001-02ish... There was a machine at the local bowling alley and a kid about 12 yrs old was pwning songs on Heavy. On a few of them he would play backwards and I think on Cowgirl he would play backwards. Dangit, I should have been recording the kid~

The first time I braved and stepped on the machine, I played Cowgirl on Standard and had my ass handed to me. I'm much better now, last played ITG2 this past April and I own all of the PS2 DDR games. =) Just don't ask me to do Pluto Relinquished. >__<
Kawaii025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #53
NatsumiTheLucario
FFR Player

Location: The remains of ThunderClan after Firefgt got it on with Twi
Send a message via MSN to NatsumiTheLucario Send a message via Skype™ to NatsumiTheLucario

Well, for me, I first played 3rd Mix at a bowling alley around 2000... Or was it 1999? (not sure really) for some reason I was scared to play the machine fully... So I believed I asked my dad to buy me a console version, so we got DDR USA for our PS1 (With a dance mat, of course and still have it ) and I've loved it ever since... First song I think I've played on 3rd mix was Xanadu and on the CS I've played Boom Boom Dollar (I've also tried Pump it Up 3rd and Beatmania Complete mix 2 lol)

I ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE RAINBOW DASH
NatsumiTheLucario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #54
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

I'm not sure how long it has been since the first time I played DDR. Man how I use to suck at that game badly. I think the first game I played DDR was the Disney Mix on the PS1 (Yeah...I was quite surprised back then but now I kinda expected that hehu), then I played on the machines (preferably Supernova and Extreme at Gameworks. I also played Extreme at a Dave n' Busters but the pads there aren't responsive -_-...I play a bit on Heavy now but the file I hated the most was Bag (slow song is slow song...)

XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #55
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

(bump, I suppose, but it's that or a duplicate thread)

I recall the very first time I played DDR was when I was 4, back in 2002, first song was Remember You on DDRMAX USA, and I completely failed.

For 2-4 weeks, I was complete suckage, then out of nowhere I was able to pass Heavy songs with Cs somehow. Before my 5th birthday I could FC Light/Standard songs easily and consistently get Bs and the occasional A on Heavy.

First time I played ITG was when I was 6, at a mall, and 9as a naive kid) I berated it as a DDR rip-off. 2.5 years later I go to Las Vegas, play ITG, and immediately realize how wrong I was. Now I almost strictly play ITG.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote