Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games

Old 08-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Breakdown16
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Lunatic Rave - Speed mod conversions

Recently, I've been getting to this addicting BMS simulator called Lunatic Rave. Heck, it's so fun that I even had the nerve to try Beatmania IIDX at the arcade (and failed, but it still was fun).

I'm interested in increasing my speed mod, but I would like to know the relevant C-mod (or Cmod, however it's supposed to be spelled) conversions for Stepmania as well.

Come to think of it, as a side question, is there a "master list" of speed mod conversions across different music rhythm games with linear scroll? DDR, ITG, PIU, DJ Max, Beatmania IIDX, Stepmania, FFR, and who knows what else.

And lastly, whenever you set your speedmod in FFR, the corresponding C-mod for Stepmania is also displayed. Is this number accurate (does it take into account the different sizes of the Stepmania and FFR windows)? If not, what is the correct speed mod conversion?

Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD
Breakdown16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu
Default Re: Lunatic Rave - Speed mod conversions

I only have conversion rates for SM, FFR and TS, so here you go:
sm 3.9 default p1/p2 -> TS: x1.5242
sm 3.9 default solo singles -> TS: x1.4944
sm-ssc default -> TS: x1.3081
FFR -> TS: x500-x550 (approximate)

The key is to get the reaction time the same for both games, because that's what your brain is actually operating on. If you have footage of a game on youtube, go to www.youtube/html5 and turn it on, then use 1/4 speed on the video (or download and frame advance it) and measure how many ms it takes between a note appearing and a note being dead center on the receptors. Then use this to compare with your favourite rhythm game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu
In Stepmania and Thirdstyle, arrows move at a speed of one note interval (64px) per beat assuming the speedmod exactly equals the bpm. So at scroll rate 60, the notes move at a speed of 64px/second. This means that the speed in pixels/sec of a scroll rate X equals X*(64/60).
If your game has arrows smaller or larger than 64 pixels you'll have to account for this.

The amount of time you have to react to a note, assuming you want perfect accuracy on average, is equal to the distance between the top of the receptor and the earliest point a note can appear on screen.
Common lengths: (if you screencut or use a narrow noteskin you'll have to measure it yourself)
Thirdstyle: 535px
Stepmania 3.9 default: 351px
Stepmania 3.9 default (with solo singles turned on): 358px
Sm-ssc default: 409px
Sm-ssc default (adding in the bump of the difficulty rating): 375px
ITG: 379*1/(0.93548) = 405px (this is probably slightly wrong)

Now just do the calculation: If X is your speedmod, (px length)/(X*64/60) is your reaction time, in fractions of a second.

I read at A1067 in thirdstyle, so I do 535/(1067*64/60) and I find my reaction time is 470ms.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

Last edited by Patashu; 08-20-2011 at 12:37 AM..
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote