Old 05-5-2019, 06:26 AM   #621
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

I also just realized this post starts with "ok i went and read everything so I'm making big wall of text " followed by what can only be described as disjointed fluff. I guess what's weird is that "ok i went and read everything" is followed by like 6 quotes that are far from the most relevant or alignment indicative posts at that point, with fluffy responses to said quotes as his game-summarizing post.

Someone (I think MML) mentioned English was Antori's third language? That explains some of the weird feeling I'm getting, but still @Antori I'd appreciate any elaboration to what I asked in my last post. Please and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-5-2019, 06:30 AM   #622
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I guess that makes you consistent overall. The rest of your posts have been about looking up a few random players (star, xel, etc.) and asking things in general.

I feel like finding wolfy stuff is frustratingly hard this game.

I see what I consider sub optimal plays, but I don't really see slips or mistakes.

It's like everyone is sitting back waiting for something to happen.

I think I'm just going to wait for Antori/Raeko to address the above. Maybe that'll make things move forward somehow.
Old 05-5-2019, 06:51 AM   #623
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
I don't have any very strong wolf reads atm but I am suspicious of Wayward, Xel, you, and slightly Shadowolfe.

A lot of Wayward's posts seem to just be observations

Xel I think is mostly a tone read, I expect him to get more excitable and into the game and some point? This one could just be way off

My suspicions on you (Antori) are mostly because of some general anti-town things you said. But I know you are a relatively new player still so it may just be a lack of experience talking and I don't want to run in the same circles every single game.

Shadowolfe I do not know if I am just traumatized from the last game or not, but he has the same over-confident attitude and I can just hear him in voice chat, wrapping everyone around his finger and getting them to lynch Xel and AHHH ok I'm having flashbacks but seriously his tone is kinda reminding me of that

I'm neutral/need to see more from Ind, Lar, roundbox and I was going to say Gradiant but I like where his head is at since that reads list that I've seen since I hit preview post, lmao

Also I realize it looks like I'm totally sheeping Gradiant's reads but I promise I started working on this post before I saw his
The red when Raeko talks about her wolfreads seems really forcefully written just to halfway shade people and then back off. Every single one of those "wolfreads" does that. I'm probably biased but the one that really hits it home is her read on me. I think I'm as far from last game as I could possibly get. I've been way swamped, haven't had time to properly play, wasted my initial playtime in a useless misunderstanding, haven't really pushed for anything hard because of the above reasons, but somehow to Raeko I'm the same as last game? I also feel like "over-confident" is used here as buzzword to appeal to Gradiant and Daikyi given the timing.

Like seriously, anyone who's reading this please think to yourselves on whether I've wrapped *ANYONE* around my fingers? All I've gotten is suspicion from town and opportunistic pushes from wolves but in Raeko's world that makes me a confident wolf ???

anyway,

the part I marked in green sounds tonally like something I'd expect from town!Raeko for whatever that's worth, but it's nowhere near out of her scumrange so @roundbox @FFA if you're going off of tone I urge you to reconsider

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 07:05 AM   #624
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Youre absolutely traumatized if you can compare this game to how Wolfe sounded in voice chat
Fucking thank you.

Ok I'm not fully done rereading but it's 4:58AM so I'm going to bed.

I'm glad I chose to reread D0 because I'm seeing that I missed decent chunks of it in the moment with phoneposting and all and rereading is giving me a much better picture. I hope to be able to finish it at some point tomorrow afternoon before work starts in the evening, but we'll see. One thing I'm weary of is I don't know how much I buy a raeko/antori world. I haven't read too deeply in looking for a connection, but I'll have to remember to do that tomorrow. I think I may be wrong on one, not sure

I also want anyone who claims to suss me for anything other than my absence to tell me why or build a case on me so that I get a chance to address it. waiting til EoD and trying to start a CFD on me for something stupid like "he was gone for too long" is NOT pro-town behavior.

If I'm the cop, I got a green result on Hakulyte

goodnight

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 07:38 AM   #625
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I was the counterwagon there, not antori
Most of the antori voters swapped to wv I think
i was expecting to die there not sure why everyone decided to go for the safe kill but i still have wolf reads on Gradiant

I'm not making any more reads lists btw I'll just say what i think

Old 05-5-2019, 07:43 AM   #626
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Anyway to conclude the Shado/inD bit

Shado is simply coming in and picking between the wagons sat before him while InD is countervoting because he finds the wagon itself to not be voting in good faith.

Take your pick which is worst I guess
I'll pick neither

Old 05-5-2019, 08:04 AM   #627
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i want to lynch someone that was writing off star because they didn't want to deal with pushing her
this needs to be discussed more, i dont remember from memory who never talked to star-crossed, i always town read star-crossed from their playstyle, i think haku didn't talk to star alot but that could just be because they didn't talk alot to anyone

because i survived yesterday i feel like i need to clear up something

I'm not wolf.

Old 05-5-2019, 08:09 AM   #628
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
doesn't mean i'm happy with antori's post count though or nonresponse to things later on yesterday
sorry but i felt like i was being pushed on without logic so i didn't know how to respond? i dont wanna start it all over again but i got unmotivated to keep discussing with daikyi because i wasn't playing the way he wanted me to play

i was still checking in on the thread but i wasn't too happy with how thins turned out

Old 05-5-2019, 08:31 AM   #629
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I guess what I'm having a hard time seeing is the mental progression from the quoted portion he quoted and "Dayikyi pushing people and not voting them" --> "I have yet to get wolf read from star-crossed" --> "Shado negating the whole discussion felt off for me"
i dont think i posted those in that order, I'll explain reasoning in as much detail as i can i dont really see why it's hard to see though

"i have yet to get wolf read from star-crossed" : star-crossed sounds town, acts town therefore i read them as town. they investigate and push discussion but dont center on people without some solid proof like previous vote or slip up or something wolfy, in other words i can't tell when star-crossed is wolf. and if i can't tell when someone is wolf i dont assume they're wolf i assume they're town

"shado negating the whole discussion felt off for me" : "Stop." "Neither of you have played with Haku recently." "It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else." all of these quotes made me feel like you were really keen on protecting haku. since town members dont know each other(except for mason? yes i have to spell it to everyone now) i dont know why you'd go to such lengts, for all you know haku can be wolf or town on D0 with no leads to go from. this felt off to me, not a town move.(i hope this clears it up?)

"Dayikyi pushing people and not voting them" : this is maby just his playstyle but i read it as a "not town" move because his pushes pick on discrete details, i'm happy someone is paying attention to the game but i dont think details alone are valid for a push they're valid for reads, since this isn't how i would imagine a town would play i take it as not town. diffrence with star-crossed being star-crossed only pushes when they have a good lead to back it up and i can follow those pushes in those cases.

Old 05-5-2019, 08:41 AM   #630
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
This is again weird because, despite being at the top here with little reasoning beyond I rubbed him the wrong way
it's not your reads list you know

Quote:
Where now he's less suspicious of me than Gradiant or FFA because I've voiced my opinion. Isn't this the same opinion that rubbed him the wrong way? Well, whatever. STILL fine assuming he's changed his mind between here and his old suspicions list
yes it's the same opinion that rubbed me the wrong way, the one that sounded wolfy but i thought about it and making a bold move as wolf such as this one seemed too easy so i figured maby you're not so wolf, still wolf more than Gradiant and FFA since they didn't slip up but you're less wolf they i used to think "shado less so" being less than before not less than Gradiant and FFA

Quote:
18 hours after his suspicions list (and despite the apparent changes per his posts), he still tells Daikyi (who was pressing him at the time) to go back and check his suspicions list for his "thoughts on everyone else", indicating they were still current
i didn't feel like writing the list at the time so i gave him the next best answer? he was pointing at me NOT having any reads at all or not giving any so i proved him wrong. if he had asked me about a specific person i might of forced myself to write down 3 or 4 lines then back to what i was doing[/quote]

i swear i thought this is all pretty obvious to see and i dont know how i feel about having to explain it

Old 05-5-2019, 08:46 AM   #631
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Actually, who have you played before here and who are you comfortable reading ?
i played with star-crossed, inDheart, FFA, Xelnya, Raeko and that's it i think correct me if wrong

Old 05-5-2019, 08:50 AM   #632
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

if I'm cop i got Green check on Xelnya

Old 05-5-2019, 09:33 AM   #633
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't have any very strong wolf reads atm but I am suspicious of Wayward, Xel, you, and slightly Shadowolfe.

A lot of Wayward's posts seem to just be observations

Xel I think is mostly a tone read, I expect him to get more excitable and into the game and some point? This one could just be way off

My suspicions on you (Antori) are mostly because of some general anti-town things you said. But I know you are a relatively new player still so it may just be a lack of experience talking and I don't want to run in the same circles every single game.

Shadowolfe I do not know if I am just traumatized from the last game or not, but he has the same over-confident attitude and I can just hear him in voice chat, wrapping everyone around his finger and getting them to lynch Xel and AHHH ok I'm having flashbacks but seriously his tone is kinda reminding me of that

I'm neutral/need to see more from Ind, Lar, roundbox and I was going to say Gradiant but I like where his head is at since that reads list that I've seen since I hit preview post, lmao

Also I realize it looks like I'm totally sheeping Gradiant's reads but I promise I started working on this post before I saw his
a 100% chance of a mislynch

I'll put work in when i get home assuming a few things.
Old 05-5-2019, 10:12 AM   #634
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Do you remember why you asked about Xel specifically?
i answered after he responded but he wasn't doing anything on that page when he could have tried to catch xel while he was around
Old 05-5-2019, 10:15 AM   #635
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
this needs to be discussed more, i dont remember from memory who never talked to star-crossed, i always town read star-crossed from their playstyle, i think haku didn't talk to star alot but that could just be because they didn't talk alot to anyone

because i survived yesterday i feel like i need to clear up something

I'm not wolf.
i can look when i get home, or you could give it a try instead of just trying to go on memory
Old 05-5-2019, 10:56 AM   #636
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
I think I'm as far from last game as I could possibly get. I've been way swamped, haven't had time to properly play, wasted my initial playtime in a useless misunderstanding, haven't really pushed for anything hard because of the above reasons, but somehow to Raeko I'm the same as last game? I also feel like "over-confident" is used here as buzzword to appeal to Gradiant and Daikyi given the timing.

Like seriously, anyone who's reading this please think to yourselves on whether I've wrapped *ANYONE* around my fingers?
You're reading way too much into this read dude.

The first time I brought it up I said myself that I was being paranoid.

Also, I didn't mention anything about what you did or didn't do this game, I was simply talking about the confident tone of your posts. Clearly you weren't hardcore trying to lynch somebody the exact same way you were in that voice chat I referenced, but it's an attitude thing. You seem overly sure of yourself.
Old 05-5-2019, 11:03 AM   #637
mellon_collie
FFR Player

also I'm gonna be kinda busy today, sorry, I'll be around later tonight
Old 05-5-2019, 12:56 PM   #638
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:

i swear i thought this is all pretty obvious to see and i dont know how i feel about having to explain it
I buy it. At least, assuming that English really isn't your primary language, I buy that the weirdness in stylistic play (like jumping from daikyi to star to shado in one line) isn't weird to you.

I think I buy the progression too, predicated on you truly believing that when daikyi asked for your wolfreads, he meant that you don't have any and so you showed him where you did have some.

Mostly, I buy the puzzled tone in your explanations where it really seems like you think you had done (and could do) no wrong. Doesn't sound like a pressured wolf to me

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 01:12 PM   #639
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
You're reading way too much into this read dude.

The first time I brought it up I said myself that I was being paranoid.

Also, I didn't mention anything about what you did or didn't do this game, I was simply talking about the confident tone of your posts. Clearly you weren't hardcore trying to lynch somebody the exact same way you were in that voice chat I referenced, but it's an attitude thing. You seem overly sure of yourself.
I got that. I'm saying that I don't see it considering there's worlds of differences in my own attitude towards this game and the last one. I can't dismiss that you might sincerely believe it, I just have hard time seeing it because you:

A) referenced a time where I was actually overconfidently begging for a lynch as wolf knowing it was necessary for me to win the game

And compared it to

B) a D0 where I'm town and game is hard because no one's acting overly scummy and I have to make the most of what little time I have with little sleep and less energy

Like, what were you basing calling me overconfident on? Don't just tell me a tonal thing overall. Something had to have triggered the thought. Was it the "don't lolHaku" thing? Idk, it just seems like picking "overconfident" was exploiting a buzzword to appeal to the guy who had repeatedly said that already (gradi)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-5-2019, 01:24 PM   #640
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

time to move on
I would very much like you to still signalboost the post of Raeko' s that illustrate the praise you where giving her for that time.

Misreading my intentions and being a dick, while waiting forever to log in and have it clarified is no excuse for you to just decide it's time to not answer the question. Either show me that wasn't fluff or just admit you like defending Raeko every single game you two play together.

Quote:

when you say "countervoting" which vote of mine are you talking about here
I took your vote on Wayward as a protest vote so Antori wouldn't get wagoned. Is this not so?

Quote:
i was expecting to die there not sure why everyone decided to go for the safe kill but i still have wolf reads on Gradiant

I'm not making any more reads lists btw I'll just say what i think
I'm not voting Gradiant this phase
Especially if you have no reasons for that read.

Making a readslist didn't make you suspected, it's you not paying attention to your own realists

Quote:
i played with star-crossed, inDheart, FFA, Xelnya, Raeko and that's it i think correct me if wrong
You've played twice with me at least.

You've even got me lynched in FFA's OOTC game

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Closed Thread