this thread reminds me of my astronomy class :') keep it up terry
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #262
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll
Default Re: Terry's Astronomy Thread.

Today marks the 6 month anniversary of this thread - it was created on March 10. Thank you to all for returning to this page daily and keeping me motivated to do such work first thing in the morning!

What's in the sky tonight?
September 10, 2012
-Equally bright as Vega overhead is Arcturus sinking in the west. Look a third of the way up from Arcturus to Vega for the dim semicircle of Corona Borealis, the Northern Crown, with its one moderately bright star, Alphecca. Look two thirds of the way up for the dim Keystone of Hercules.

-Venus (magnitude –4.3, in Cancer) rises in darkness around 3 a.m. daylight saving time (depending on where you live), emerging above the east-northeast horizon a good two hours before the first glimmer of dawn. By early dawn it's blazing high in the east.

-Binoculars show the Beehive star cluster 4.5° to Venus's lower left on the morning of the 10th, closing to less than 3° to Venus's left by the 12th and 13th.

Astro Picture of the Day:
September 10, 2012
Source:
Curiosity is on the move across Mars -- but where is it going? The car-sized rover's path after 29 Martian days on the surface is shown on the above map. Curiosity is still almost 300 meters from its first major destination, though, a meeting of different types of terrain called Glenelg and visible on the image right. It may take Curiosity two months or so to get to Glenelg as it stops to inspect interesting rocks or landscape features along the way. The above image was taken about one week ago from high up by the HiRise camera onboard the robotic Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #263
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 11, 2012
-Before and during dawn Wednesday morning, Venus shines left of the waning crescent Moon, as shown here. They're 4° or 5° apart at the times of dawn for North America. Also spot Procyon farther to their right (outside the frame here). And before the sky brightens too much, binoculars show the Beehive star cluster 3° to Venus's left.

September 11, 2012
Source:
Which part of this picture do you find more interesting -- the land or the sky? Advocates for the land might cite the beauty of the ancient domes of the Bungle Bungle Range in Western Australia. These picturesque domes appear as huge layered beehives and are made of sandstones and conglomerates deposited over 350 million years ago. Advocates for the sky might laud the beauty of the Milky Way's central band shown arching from horizon to horizon. The photogenic Milky Way band formed over 10 billion years ago and now includes many well-known nebulae and bright stars. Fortunately, you don't have to decide and can enjoy both together in this beautiful 8-frame panorama taken from the dark skies of Purnululu National Park about two months ago.

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #264
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 12, 2012
-Jupiter (magnitude –2.4, in Taurus) rises in the east-northeast around 11 or midnight daylight saving time. Once it's well clear of the horizon, look for fainter orange Aldebaran twinkling 7° to its right, and Beta Tauri a bit farther to Jupiter's left. By dawn this line of three stands very high in the south.

-Uranus (magnitude 5.7, at the Pisces-Cetus border) and Neptune (magnitude 7.8, in Aquarius) reach good heights in the southeast by mid-evening.

September 12, 2012
Source:
M7 is one of the most prominent open clusters of stars on the sky. The cluster, dominated by bright blue stars, can be seen with the naked eye in a dark sky in the tail of the constellation of the Scorpion (Scorpius). M7 contains about 100 stars in total, is about 200 million years old, spans 25 light-years across, and lies about 1000 light-years away. The above deep exposure was taken from Hakos Farm in Namabia. The M7 star cluster has been known since ancient times, being noted by Ptolemy in the year 130 AD. Also visible are a dark dust cloud and literally millions of unrelated stars towards the Galactic center.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #265
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

Pretty sure I've seen this a few times
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #266
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
Pretty sure I've seen this a few times
Oddly enough, the thing I find most interesting about today's picture is the background stars. If you look closely relative to the position of the cluster, the background stars are actually a high resolution version of the "Milky Way Band". That is, that yellow-white stuff you seem to see in a very dark area is actually billions of stars, and this high resolution photo captures them in the range of the photograph. It's great stuff, really.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #267
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 13, 2012
-Venus (magnitude –4.3, in Cancer) rises in darkness around 3 a.m. daylight saving time (depending on where you live), emerging above the east-northeast horizon a good two hours before the first glimmer of dawn. By early dawn it's blazing high in the east.

Binoculars show the Beehive star cluster 6° to Venus's lower left on the morning of the 8th, closing to less than 3° to Venus's left by the 12th and 13th.

September 13, 2012
Source:
In this crowded starfield covering over 2 degrees within the high flying constellation Cygnus, the eye is drawn to the Cocoon Nebula. A compact star forming region, the cosmic Cocoon punctuates a long trail of obscuring interstellar dust clouds. Cataloged as IC 5146, the nebula is nearly 15 light-years wide, located some 4,000 light years away. Like other star forming regions, it stands out in red, glowing, hydrogen gas excited by the young, hot stars and blue, dust-reflected starlight at the edge of an otherwise invisible molecular cloud. In fact, the bright star near the center of this nebula is likely only a few hundred thousand years old, powering the nebular glow as it clears out a cavity in the molecular cloud's star forming dust and gas. But the long dusty filaments that appear dark in this visible light image are themselves hiding stars in the process of formation, seen at infrared wavelengths.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #268
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 14, 2012
-As the Great Square of Pegasus rises high in the east these evenings, the Big Dipper is swinging down low in the northwest as if carrying water. To see the Dipper at its very lowest due north, you'll have to stay up till 2 a.m. daylight-saving time. Come December it'll be there at dusk.

September 14, 2012
Source:
Giant elliptical galaxy M60 and spiral galaxy NGC 4647 do look like an odd couple in this sharp cosmic portrait from the Hubble Space Telescope. But they are found in a region of space where galaxies tend to gather, on the eastern side of the nearby Virgo Galaxy Cluster. About 54 million light-years distant, bright M60's simpler egg-like shape is created by its randomly swarming older stars, while NGC 4647's young blue stars, gas and dust are organized into winding arms rotating in a flattened disk. Spiral NGC 4647 is estimated to be more distant than M60, some 63 million light-years away. Also known as Arp 116, the pair of galaxies may be on the verge of a significant gravitational encounter, though. M60 (aka NGC 4649) is about 120,000 light-years across. The smaller NGC 4647 spans around 90,000 light-years, about the size of our own Milky Way.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #269
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

wow. so pretty B')
Even cool guys cry.
September 11th is amaaaazing!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #270
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 15, 2012
-With summer nearing its end, the Teapot of Sagittarius has moved over to the south-southwest right after dark, tilting to the right as if to pour out the last of summer.

-New Moon (exact at 10:11 p.m. EDT).

September 15, 2012
Source:
Inspired by the night skies of planet Earth in the International Year of Astronomy, photographer Larry Landolfi created this tantalizing fantasy view. The composited image suggests a luminous Milky Way is the heavenly extension of a country road. Of course, the name for our galaxy, the Milky Way (in Latin, Via Lactea), does refer to its appearance as a milky band or path in the sky. In fact, the word galaxy itself derives from the Greek for milk. Visible on moonless nights from dark sky areas, though not so bright or colorful as in this image, the glowing celestial band is due to the collective light of myriad stars along the plane of our galaxy, too faint to be distinguished individually. The diffuse starlight is cut by dark swaths of obscuring galactic dust clouds. Four hundred years ago, Galileo turned his telescope on the Milky Way and announced it to be "... a congeries of innumerable stars ..."

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #271
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 16, 2012
-The bright eclipsing variable star Algol is now high in the northeast by 9 or 10 p.m. local daylight-saving time. Algol should be at its minimum brightness, magnitude 3.4 instead of its usual 2.1, for a couple hours centered on 9:51 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. It takes several additional hours to fade and to rebrighten.

September 16, 2012
Source:
How old are Saturn's rings? No one is quite sure. One possibility is that the rings formed relatively recently in our Solar System's history, perhaps only about 100 million years ago when a moon-sized object broke up near Saturn. Evidence for a young ring age includes a basic stability analysis for rings, and the fact that the rings are so bright and relatively unaffected by numerous small dark meteor impacts. More recent evidence, however, raises the possibility that some of Saturn's rings may be billions of years old and so almost as old as Saturn itself. Inspection of images by the Saturn-orbiting Cassini spacecraft indicates that some of Saturn's ring particles temporarily bunch and collide, effectively recycling ring particles by bringing fresh bright ices to the surface. Seen here, Saturn's rings were imaged in their true colors by the robotic Cassini in late October. Icy bright Tethys, a moon of Saturn likely brightened by a sandblasting rain of ice from sister moon Enceladus, is visible in front of the darker rings.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #272
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 17, 2012
-As summer prepares to give way to fall (at the equinox on September 22nd), Vega prepares to give way to Deneb as the bright zenith star when night descends. This is also when Altair is crossing its own highest point due south.

September 17, 2012
Source:
What's happened to our Sun? Nothing very unusual -- it just threw a filament. At the end of last month, a long standing solar filament suddenly erupted into space producing an energetic Coronal Mass Ejection (CME). The filament had been held up for days by the Sun's ever changing magnetic field and the timing of the eruption was unexpected. Watched closely by the Sun-orbiting Solar Dynamics Observatory, the resulting explosion shot electrons and ions into the Solar System, some of which arrived at Earth three days later and impacted Earth's magnetosphere, causing visible aurorae. Loops of plasma surrounding an active region can be seen above the erupting filament in the ultraviolet image. If you missed this auroral display please do not despair - over the next two years our Sun will be experiencing a solar maximum of activity which promises to produce more CMEs that induce more Earthly auroras.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #273
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 18, 2012
-Look very low in the west-southwest in early twilight for the slender crescent Moon. Well to the Moon's right, Saturn is departing for the season, as shown above (for North America).

-Mars and Saturn (magnitudes +1.2 and +0.8) are low in the southwest and west-southwest, respectively, after sunset. They're now about 20° apart. Use binoculars to help find them in early twilight before they sink too low.

Mars begins the week just 1° below Alpha Librae, a wide binocular double star of magnitudes 3 and 5. By Tuesday September 18th, Mars is 2½° left of the star pair.

September 18, 2012
Source:
This shot of the Milky Way's galactic core was taken by one of my friends who went up to Algonquin Park this weekend to shoot the stars, as I went up north to Wasaga Beach to test my new tripod. He did not add any colour, but simply took 15 images via the Astrotrac star tracker he bought and stacked them. The picture was Shot on the Canon 5DMk2 and Zeiss 50mm at f2.8, ISO1600. The yellow glow at the bottom is light pollution from the distant town of Whitney. How many messier objects can you see in this photo? The spout of the Saggitarius Teapot is visible at the bottom left of this image, bordering the Saggitarius Star Cloud.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #274
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 19, 2012
-Look much closer right of the Moon this evening in twilight for little Mars, as shown below (for North America). The Moon occults (covers) Mars for parts of central and southern South America before sunset.

-More information on the lunar occultation can be found here: http://earthsky.org/tonight/moon-nea...n-september-19

September 19, 2012
Source:
Is it art? Earlier this month, space station astronaut Aki Hoshide (Japan) recorded this striking image while helping to augment the capabilities of the Earth-orbiting International Space Station (ISS). Visible in this outworldly assemblage is the Sun, the Earth, two portions of a robotic arm, an astronaut's spacesuit, the deep darkness of space, and the unusual camera taking the picture. This image joins other historic - and possibly artistic -- self-portraits taken previously in space. The Expedition 32 mission ended yesterday when an attached capsule undocked with the ISS and returned some of the crew to Earth.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #275
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 19, 2012
-This evening the Moon marks the way to Mars-like Antares, twinkling to its lower left as shown above.

-Antares and Scorpius are already sinking at sunset into the horizon after sunset as the milky way is at its highest point.

September 20, 2012
Source:
An analemma is that figure-8 curve that you get when you mark the position of the Sun at the same time each day throughout planet Earth's year. In this case, 17 individual images taken at 0231 UT on dates between April 2 and September 16 follow half the analemma curve, looking east toward the rising sun and the Caspian sea from the boardwalk in the port city of Baku, Azerbaijan. With the sun nearest the horizon, those dates almost span the period between the 2012 equinoxes on March 20 and September 22. The northern summer Solstice on June 20 corresponds to the top of the figure 8 at the left, when the Sun stood at its northernmost declination. Of course, this year the exposure made on June 6 contained a little something extra. Slightly enhanced, the little black spot on the bright solar disk near the top of the frame is planet Venus, caught in a rare transit during this well-planned sunrise analemma project.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #276
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 21, 2012
-Since 1844, deep-sky observers have known the open star cluster M11 (off the tail of Aquila) as the Wild Duck Cluster. But where exactly are the ducks?

It is located in the beautiful Scutum star cloud, surrounded by one of the most dense star fields in the sky. Many clusters would be lost in such star studded glory, but M11 stands out clearly. According to Burnham's it was Rev. Wm. Derham of England who first resolved the cluster into stars in 1732. It was Admiral Smyth who noted that the main group of brighter stars resemble "a flight of wild ducks."

Burnham's describes M11 as an "Exceptionally fine galactic star cluster, lying on the north edge of the prominent Scutum Star Cloud, and one of the outstanding objects of its type for telescopes of moderate aperture."

Many of the stars are brighter than 11th magnitude, making for a terrific view in even a 6-inch scope. In smaller instruments or binoculars M11 appears as a hazy spot as bright as a 6th magnitude star and can even be glimpsed as such to the naked eye from a dark location. The first stars to resolve will be those that form a triangular structure - Smyth's wild ducks. A 10-inch scope will reveal at least 500 stars here splashed about in spectacular fashion.

September 21, 2012
Source:
September's equinox arrives tomorrow as the Sun crosses the celestial equator heading south. The event marks the astronomical beginning of spring in the southern hemisphere and autumn in the north. And though the connection is still puzzling, the equinox seasons bring an increase in geomagnetic storms. So as northern nights grow longer, the equinox also heralds the arrival of a good season for aurora hunters. Recorded on September 20, these colorful northern lights were captured with camera and wide-angle lens near the Norwegian Sea coast outside Tromsų in Northern Norway. Shining at altitudes of 100 kilometers or so, the aurora rays are parallel, but perspective makes them appear to radiate from a vanishing point behind the silhouetted pine tree. Stars in this enchanting northern night include Polaris above and right of the tree top, and yellowish giant stars Shedar (Alpha Cassiopiae) to the left and Kochab (Beta Ursae Minoris) to the right. Bright Altair shines through the greenish auroral curtain at the lower left of the scene.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #277
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 22, 2012
-First-quarter Moon (exact at 3:41 p.m. EDT). The Moon shines in Sagittarius, with the Sagittarius Teapot pattern to its lower left after dusk.

-Sixth-magnitude Uranus is only 1.4 arcminutes from the similarly bright, but differently colored, star 44 Piscium this evening and tomorrow evening. Binoculars and a chart are all you need. They remain close all week.

-The tiny black shadow of Io crosses Jupiter's face from 10:53 p.m. to 1:01 a.m. EDT tonight, followed by Io itself from 12:10 to 2:18 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Remember that Jupiter doesn't rise until around 10 or 11 p.m. in your local daylight time.

-Autumn begins in the Northern Hemisphere (spring in the Southern Hemisphere) at the equinox, 10:49 a.m. EDT. This is when the center of the Sun crosses the equator heading south for the year. Today the Sun rises and sets nearly at the east and west points on your horizon.

September 22, 2012
Source:
Today, the Sun crosses the celestial equator heading south at 14:49 Universal Time. An equinox (equal night), this astronomical event marks the first day of autumn in the northern hemisphere and spring in the south. With the Sun on the celestial equator, Earth dwellers will experience nearly 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. To celebrate, consider this careful record of the Sun's yearly journey through southern Austrian skies. The scene is composed of images made at the same time each day, capturing the Sun's position on dates from September 29, 2011 through September 9, 2012. The multiple suns trace an intersecting curve known as an analemma. In fact, the past year's two equinox dates correspond to the middle (not the intersection point) of the curve. The summer and winter solstices are at the top and bottom. Of course, many would also consider it a good idea to travel the mountain road toward the left, passing the vineyards along the way to reach the nearby town of Kitzeck and toast the equinox with a glass of wine. Near the roadside bench is a windmill-like klapotetz, traditionally used in this wine-growing region to keep the birds away.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #278
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 23, 2012
-Jupiter's moon Io reappears from behind Jupiter's eastern limb at 11:39 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

-Uranus (magnitude 5.7, at the Pisces-Cetus border) and Neptune (magnitude 7.8, in Aquarius) are well up in the southeast during evening. This week Uranus is very close to the similarly bright, but differently colored, star 44 Piscium. The two appear closest on the American evenings of Saturday and Sunday September 22nd and 23rd, when they're 1.4 arcminutes apart. Visit HERE to see if you can spot them this week, most importantly tonight!

September 23, 2012
Source:
Yesterday was an equinox, a date when day and night are equal. Today, and every day until the next equinox, the night will be longer than the day in Earth's northern hemisphere, and the day will be longer than the night in Earth's southern hemisphere. An equinox occurs midway between the two solstices, when the days and nights are the least equal. The picture is a composite of hourly images taken of the Sun above Bursa, Turkey on key days from solstice to equinox to solstice. The bottom Sun band was taken during the winter solstice in 2007 December, when the Sun could not rise very high in the sky nor stay above the horizon very long. This lack of Sun caused winter. The top Sun band was taken during the summer solstice in 2008 June, when the Sun rose highest in the sky and stayed above the horizon for more than 12 hours. This abundance of Sun caused summer. The middle band was taken during the Vernal Equinox in 2008 March, but it is the same sun band that Earthlings saw yesterday, the day of the Autumnal Equinox.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #279
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 24, 2012
-Jupiter's moon Europa reappears out of eclipse by Jupiter's shadow just off the planet's western limb at 11:48 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, and then it slips behind the western limb 13 minutes later.

September 24, 2012
Source:
This shock wave plows through space at over 500,000 kilometers per hour. Moving toward to bottom of this beautifully detailed color composite, the thin, braided filaments are actually long ripples in a sheet of glowing gas seen almost edge on. Cataloged as NGC 2736, its narrow appearance suggests its popular name, the Pencil Nebula. About 5 light-years long and a mere 800 light-years away, the Pencil Nebula is only a small part of the Vela supernova remnant. The Vela remnant itself is around 100 light-years in diameter and is the expanding debris cloud of a star that was seen to explode about 11,000 years ago. Initially, the shock wave was moving at millions of kilometers per hour but has slowed considerably, sweeping up surrounding interstellar gas.

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #280
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

September 25, 2012
-The waxing gibbous Moon this evening shines almost midway between 1st-magnitude Altair, very high to its upper right, and 1st-magnitude Fomalhaut, about equally far to the Moon's lower left.

-Mars (magnitude +1.2, in Libra) remains low in the southwest in evening twilight. Don't confuse it with twinklier orange Antares ("Anti-Mars") well to its left or upper left. The gap between them shrinks from 20° to 16° this week.

September 25, 2012
Source:
What surrounds the florid Rosette nebula? To better picture this area of the sky, the famous flowery emission nebula on the far right has been captured recently in a deep and dramatic wide field image that features several other sky highlights. Designated NGC 2237, the center of the Rosette nebula is populated by the bright blue stars of open cluster NGC 2244, whose winds and energetic light are evacuating the nebula's center. Below the famous flower, a symbol of Valentine's Day, is a column of dust and gas that appears like a rose's stem but extends hundreds of light years. Across the above image, the bright blue star just left and below the center is called S Monocerotis. The star is part of the open cluster of stars labelled NGC 2264 and known as the Snowflake cluster. To the right of S Mon is a dark pointy featured called the Cone nebula, a nebula likely shaped by winds flowing out a massive star obscured by dust. To the left of S Mon is the Fox Fur nebula, a tumultuous region created by the rapidly evolving Snowflake cluster. The Rosette region, at about 5,000 light years distant, is about twice as far away as the region surrounding S Mon. The entire field can be seen with a small telescope toward the constellation of the Unicorn (Monoceros).

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol