Old 03-3-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Chrono_Dave
FFR Player

Default Charts For X Girlz (Release)

Click the banner for the download link (mega.nz)
Google Drive mirror

After getting hooked on Etterna, I decided to convert my pack (which can be found here)
This release features new graphics and updated snapping, I hope you enjoy it!
DISCLAIMER: This pack was made with osu!mania in mind, therefore "SV's" do not apply.

Rating scale is from Etterna rounded down.

- SV: Maps that contain slowdown, speedups, stops or other SV-related shenanigans
- Jack: Maps that contain jacks
- Noodle: Maps that contain holds, the amount varies
- Icy: Maps that contain jumpstream / handstream
- Dense: Similar to Icy, maps that contain jumpstream / handstream, but denser[/notice]

t+pazolite - Intro (from the X)
First map of the pack, short and relatively easy. Has some annoying hold patterns.

Lechery - Corpse Party
One of the heavier SV maps. Has speedups, slowdowns and stutters! First part is mainly SV shenanigans, whilst the second part is 150bpm 1/3 double triple "jacks" (As this is converted, the SV's do not apply).

Jerico's Law - Subterranean Spiral
What if you combined 176 bpm jumpstreams with hold patterns? You get this map, a noodly mess of jumpstream and noodles. The first part focusses on noodle jumpstream, whilst the second part is denser jump/handstream without noodles.

succubusHELNA - Cyclamen Purpurascens
175 bpm jump/handstream. Starts slow and builds up to the second half, becoming denser and denser. Has some very minor SV jumps as well.

t+pazolite (feat. nanahira) - Otsukimi PARTY HARD
180 bpm jump/handstream with a lot of stutters! Has a rather annoying hold section in the beginning. 1/8 rolls are also fairly common.

Pastry - Hell for Frandle
By far the most annoying map in the pack. It's riddled with 180 bpm minijacks combined with doubles/triples. As this is one of the first jack maps I've made, the patterns can be somewhat... off.

t+pazolite - Ofcourse You Need and nEed and neEd and neeD and NEED ME? (reprise)
Very fast map (240 bpm) with relatively easy patterns. Switches from 12-12-124-34-34 to 13-13-13-124-24-24 and vice versa. The ending has a jumpstream section that might be a bit harder than the rest. More a stamina map than a speedmap.

Katharsys - Squake
The most technical and experimental map in the pack. This was an attempt in making overlayering fun to play. Every sound in the song is included in the chart.

RoughSketch - Sacrifice for Justice[/size]
Very jumpy maps with lots of handtrills. Starts of relatively easy with simple handtrills with jumps and rolls. Second part however is a bit harder with holds, longer rolls and jumptrills. In the final section, jacks get introduced. Overall, pretty fast map.

Team Grimoire - C18H27NO3(extend)
Quote:
[Shana Lesus] - Today at 12:05 AM
challenge diff, yes i like it
C18H27NO3, Shana's infamous PP map. This version is what it should've been, crazy 1/8 bursts, SV jumps, dense jump/handstream and noodles. It's Shana's diff on steroids. Still a bit overrated (due to the rolls), but certainly a lot harder than the original, which can be found here! (As this is a direct 'remix' of another osu!mania map, the emphasis on the stutters is gone, therefore being a bit bland/boring).

Kobaryo - Transciever FX
Typical Kobaryo song, starts off so easily and becomes a 200 1/8, 1/12 nightmare at the end. Gotta love Kobaryo's songs!

I would like to give a huge shoutout to Hydria (@wHydria) for helping me with converting the pack

I hope you like it!

Last edited by Chrono_Dave; 03-4-2018 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Dinglesberry's comment (adding additional info)
Chrono_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Charts For X Girlz (Release)

Thank you!
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
DourGent
FFR Player

I was gonna shitpost (and initially did) but honestly I was looking at the charts in Ddream and they just seem... dull? Like they're synced up right i guess but that's about it. The patterning is... really boring. Like, really boring.

I wasn't expecting much because >Osu convert< but I mean... Did you just get lazy on some of these charts? I honestly feel like they had the bare minimum amount of effort put in to make them playable and... were never expanded upon even once. Like there's one file "Corpse Party" where the intro is just bloody slow jumptrills with very occasional intermission patterning, then back. to jumptrills.

I can't judge much for many reasons, but I really can't think of anything other than "uninspired charting" when looking at this pack. I hope you can grow as a stepartist and make better charts in the future.

Last edited by DourGent; 03-3-2018 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: No longer a shitpost
DourGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2018, 12:44 PM   #4
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DourGent View Post
I was gonna shitpost (and initially did) but honestly I was looking at the charts in Ddream and they just seem... dull? Like they're synced up right i guess but that's about it. The patterning is... really boring. Like, really boring.

I wasn't expecting much because >Osu convert< but I mean... Did you just get lazy on some of these charts? I honestly feel like they had the bare minimum amount of effort put in to make them playable and... were never expanded upon even once. Like there's one file "Corpse Party" where the intro is just bloody slow jumptrills with very occasional intermission patterning, then back. to jumptrills.

I can't judge much for many reasons, but I really can't think of anything other than "uninspired charting" when looking at this pack. I hope you can grow as a stepartist and make better charts in the future.
Hey thanks for providing shitty feedback!
Old 03-3-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DourGent View Post

somehow this still reads like a shitpost

-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2018, 02:59 PM   #6
DourGent
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tim- View Post
somehow this still reads like a shitpost
Probably because i was half asleep when I wrote it.

I'm gonna go back through and give proper feedback next time I have a session. (I'll just edit my post above with it once I get round to it).
Old 03-3-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

pack looks cool, you should have added all the info from ur osu post to the thread, like the map descriptions n stuffs

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/516461

tfw icy most influential stepper of all time (tm)

edit: i rate the pack a "I legit [12][34] jumptrilled a long 32nd section in the middle and basically AAAd" out of 10

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 03-3-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2018, 05:44 PM   #8
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The pack doesn't have much in terms of nuance but at least the song selection works in your favor in that regard.

I know this is a straight convert from o!m maps but in any case, the noodle fest in some files becomes noise with stepmania mechanics: you can ignore most of the freezes except from some random longer ones.

Only charts I actually enjoyed were Hell for Frandle, Otsukimi PARTY HARD and Sacrifice for Justice. The other ones are serviceable aside from C18H27NO3(extend) and Transciever FX which were actually bad (way to open and close your pack dude).

Considering how small the pack is I'll make a short review of each file:

C18H27NO3(extend): Repetitive and the amount of downtime difficulty-wise makes playing through this a chore given its length (pls cut). Maybe it'd be less bad if the freezes made any difference in sm but as it is, the chart is alternating between zzz and jumptrillable burts, plus the small js section in the middle.

Corpse Party: The main chordjack section doesn't fit the song at all (though I'm a degenerate and enjoy playing it anyway) and everything after is filler (pls cut).

Cyclamen Purpurascens: Unremarkable.

Hell for Frandle: Good use of jacks and overall nice structure. My only issue is that one section with the longer jacks, even with a light layering those become disproportionally hard at this speed.

Intro (from the X): Unsurprisingly given the song, feels like a chart that never actually starts. The chart itself is ok.

Ofcourse You Need and nEed nad neEd and neeD and NEED ME? (reprise): Ok as a practice file.

Otsukimi PARTY HARD: By far the best file in the pack. Good song selection, fun patterns and good difficulty structure.

Sacrifice for Justice: Ideal length for a chart like this. Good fun with bursts and nice build-up. The spike in the very ending might be a bit too much, but it's not enough to ruin the file.

Squake: Would be cool without the freezes and a cut.

Subterranean Spiral: Would be ok without the freezes.

Transciever FX: And a retarded spike to finish up with style!

AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2018, 10:23 AM   #9
DourGent
FFR Player

Very rough reviews of files that were typed up fairly quickly because I'm about to go out.

I play using Cmod so any "sv" (I'm.. assuming SV is basically xmod stuff? I don't play osu so I wouldn't really know) stuff is kinda missed on me. If charts have any - It could add to the experience. I can't play Xmod files though because I'm bad, so I'll review the file itself. But keep that in mind when reading this. As I may be missing crucial reasons to play files if they do have xmod gimmicks in.

Also - played cold. No warmup going in - may have been a bad idea but I didn't have much time.

Will say off the bat, GFX are nice.

C18H27NO3 - This file is practically unplayable for anyone who doesn't like jumptrilling patterns. Or at least, its playable, but not valid as a scoring file (which is what it feels like you were going for. Correct me if I'm wrong). Near the end there were some 32nd rolls that weren't going to anything whatsoever that felt horribly out of place, and some of the transitions had 32nd minijacks in them that essentially acts as a CBtrap. On top of that, the file was super bursty in that the first 1/3 was super easy and the patterning never got much more advanced than "rolly 32nd jumptrillable streams" "some 16th js" "8th js". If you don't mind manip you could probably find some enjoyment out of the file but I wouldn't say it would be worth it in the long run. Consistency was all over the place, but the song kind of justified that.

Corpse Party - This file is miles above the last one in terms of enjoy-ability. I actually enjoyed the chordjacks in this because >chordjack<, but I will stress that when stepping chordjacks, you have to be careful of anchors. Some of the anchors in this file royally fucked me and I can imagine it doing the same to many people. On top of that, the chart overall seemed... super super spiky? The song does justify that again, and the actual patterning in this is a lot cleaner than the last file. I have to address the thing that mostly bothered me though. The ghost-notes are insane in this. You have 16th js when there's... literally silence. And for the 12th chordjack section too. Chordjacks are one of the most auditory reliant patterning in the game (In my opinion) so having it stepped to.. silence. Is kinda weird? It feels really weird to play. Overall though this is a chart I would replay sometime in the future, if it was a fair bit more consistent. Sync is off.

Cyclamen Purpurascens - This file was actually fun for the most part. I can enjoy a nice consistent chordjack chart. Ghost noting again though. I can see why people wouldn't enjoy the chordjacks because of the inconsistent hand placement, but I actually liked it. The issue I have is the handstream. I'm bias in this regard because I really don't enjoy Icy's handstream patterning (which is... pretty much what you put in here for the dense parts), but the rolly sections of the handstream were somewhat fun. Main issue is the fact the handstream... is a really, really, really nasty spike compared to the chordjack and the rest of the chart. So far (out of the 3 I've played) this is the best in the pack. Would be way better without the handstream.

Hell for Frandle - I'll be honest. I'm not gonna write a proper review for this file because I couldn't' bring myself to finish it. The jacks felt... really badly placed for what I did play though. Really awkward to hit, it has LN patterning which.. may? have been fun but I personally hate LN stuff. I just don't enjoy split jumptrill transitions at all either. Not going to give a score for this file though - since I didn't play the entire thing, and as such, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Intro (From the X) - Honestly felt like you copy and pasted patterns here. It works as a file, but not something I'd go back to. Was consistent at least.

Ofcourse you Need and NEed and neEd and neeD and NEED ME?- Actually, outside of a few parts, this was really fun. I do have to mention ghost noting again, but honestly the patterns for the chordjacks here were pretty MA-focused so I can somewhat forgive it. The js at the end is horribly out of place though, and there was a few sections where patterning and transitions were off. Still probably the best file in the pack so far.

PARTY HARD - Jumpstream. I'm... really not the person to talk about jumpstream files. What I can say is this is... seriously boring. I got horribly bored playing this, don't know enough about js patterning to see why (Maybe someone else can let me know), but I was severely bored during this chart. Also felt like it had spikes of density that weren't really justified, but I might've just been fucking up myself.

Sacrifice for Justice - I was suppose to jumptrill this wasn't I? That ending is absurd. Seriously, I'm a fan of climax theory and stuff, and can get on-board with spiky endings. But that was actually stupidly hard compared to the rest of the chart. Also had awkward jacks, inconsistent patterning in places and a somewhat interesting 32nd.. chordjacks? part. idk it was weird, kinda cute though. I AM MAD YOU DIDN'T STEP THE PIANO

squake - Again, same as Hell for Flandle. Didn't play the entire song, so take this feedback with a grain of salt. Those jacks were horribly awkward to hit, and the rest of the chart outside of the jacks was too easy to justify the jacks. Not much else I can say about it since I didn't play too much. The jacks put me off.

Subterranean Spiral - Okay. Let's get something straight. It's not fun to end a file on super super dense js/hs when it hasn't had it for the entire file. In fact it just ruins the file (In my opinion). This file was a Severe disappointment for me especially because it's an arrange of my favourite touhou theme. Also, your long-note placements were WAY too plentiful. I did not enjoy this file in the slightest. I can imagine someone enjoying it who can deal with the super spike at the end, but I did not.

Transciever FX - Okay. No. That ending is not okay. The patterning in this was changing despite no clea change to the rhythm? I know it was going to the background noise, but that background noise becomes less and less apparent on rates, so on high rates I can imagine players not being able to hear what it's going to clearly at all. Also, this felt horribly off sync. May have just been me, but it felt way off sync.

Again, very rough but I felt like after writing such a shitshow of a post earlier - I needed to at least make up for it and try write something coherent.

EDIT: Songs in stepmania are called "files" or "charts". Not "maps"

Last edited by DourGent; 03-4-2018 at 02:41 PM..
DourGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2018, 12:03 PM   #10
Chrono_Dave
FFR Player

Wow, I did not expect this much traction, given how little it got back on the osu! forums. Thanks a lot for taking the time to play my pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
pack looks cool, you should have added all the info from ur osu post to the thread, like the map descriptions n stuffs

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/516461

tfw icy most influential stepper of all time (tm)

edit: i rate the pack a "I legit [12][34] jumptrilled a long 32nd section in the middle and basically AAAd" out of 10
I didn't even think of doing that, will add that.

To those who've written feedback, I will get to that later, as it'll take some time to go through everything that has been written down. As a fairly "new" mapper, I highly appreciate the feedback, as I had no play testers when I initially released the pack.

And yes, I'm a big icy fanboy :^)
Chrono_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2018, 12:46 PM   #11
SICKOVENOMOUS
FFR Player

Gfx I like, cant really say anything bout the step cause I cause really play anything above a 19 :3

-_- star star star star.
dl: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8jkcsk0t2...20%27.zip?dl=0

Last edited by SICKOVENOMOUS; 03-4-2018 at 12:47 PM..
SICKOVENOMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2018, 02:30 PM   #12
Elekton
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono_Dave View Post
This version is what it should've been
then why does it exist
Old 03-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #13
mijkolsmith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono_Dave View Post
As a fairly "new" mapper, I highly appreciate the feedback, as I had no play testers when I initially released the pack.
mijkolsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #14
blazziken
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
Otsukimi PARTY HARD: By far the best file in the pack. Good song selection, fun patterns and good difficulty structure.
This x2
I really enjoy this file and always i play it at least once time on my Stepmania sesions ;D

clik on the banner and "Welcome to the jumptrill world"

PD: Moonsault blaze 2 is coming, just waiting us..

Last edited by blazziken; 04-19-2018 at 04:54 PM..
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote