Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 10-1-2017, 03:33 AM   #21
P3Prod1
FFR Player

Default Re: PACK MOTHERFUCKERS HAHA U FUCKING ASSHOLES 2LMAO U DONT DESERVE THIS SHIT YOU..DO

epic
P3Prod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2017, 06:00 AM   #22
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: PACK MOTHERFUCKERS HAHA U FUCKING ASSHOLES 2LMAO U DONT DESERVE THIS SHIT YOU..DO

muh dic
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2017, 06:48 AM   #23
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

shit i mean when you take credit for everything you get blamed for everything

sahrite
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2017, 08:02 AM   #24
DourGent
FFR Player

haha i like notes
Old 10-1-2017, 08:10 AM   #25
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
shit i mean when you take credit for everything you get blamed for everything

sahrite
dasritee

Okay, long winded *reactionary* with-my-morning-tea reviews. Micro & Macro analysis; short comings, pitfalls to avoid for next time, and of course, positives.

I'M DOING MACRO FIRST, MICRO LATER

VISION AND SELF REFLECTION Here we are with another pack. Going into this, Mina and I had one goal: make a better pack than Minty 1. In a lot of ways, I think we achieved this goal. After giving Minty 1 some time to fester, I came to the realization that my files were over-saturated with notes (this might seem ridiculous to some people since DUMP FILES) but its true, my files were lacking a sort of identity that I had admired in charters like Mina, Midare, Skwid, and others. I sacrificed space and breath for saturated patterning at the expense of identity and character. You will not find this same lacking of character in my files this go around (I hope). Also, choof had acutely observed in the past that my color note charting was at times awkward and unfitting--I've become much more aware of this, and utilized the slow down feature in DDream every time I did color note anything in Minty 2-- Personally, I feel that I am reaching a standard that I have been striving for for a while; it's a pretty good feeling. That's all that I have for myself--I'll let others comment on my files and address what I can do better next time.

MUSIC As far as music goes, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with how bonkers this packs song list is. Mina pointed out to me earlier last month: "yo check out the first five file previews lmao."--YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS IN FOR YOURSELVES. It puts a smile on my face to see this kind of diversity. We like to experience the uncharted--its much harder to make a fresh anime file, than it is say.. music playing at a halal cart, or some Finnish disco. (Our pack is basically a Finnish dancer by night working at a Halal cart thinking about playing DDR during his lunch break) For those of you who want to send to Minty 3, if such a thing exists, or will ever exist: actively try to dive into music you haven't heard before--trek into far off utube land and find something interesting that you really love; you won't be sorry about it, even if your file isn't accepted. Also, just letting you guys know, it's really an experience for me to play submissions and get a taste for new music.

HOWEVER, there's always the other side of the coin. In Minty 3, I would like to see how we might be able to instill a new freshness in stepmanias music, and some other common genres like euro-beat, IDM im looking at u choof, maybe some J pop, etc. etc. This is OBVIOUSLY lacking in the Minty 2 pack. I think this would help introduce people to the packs in a safe and enjoyable way-- while also introducing people to different ways of charting. **plus, it would just be fun to approach commonplace music in a new way.
I have also realized that I am showing my biases in this pack pretty hard. Soon it will become common practice to chart latino shakira or some slav music. I'm going to limit myself to a couple of these kinds of files; I need to explore more genres, myself; look into some decades I ignore.

PACK IDENTITY AND IDEAS FOR MOVING FORWARD WITH THE SERIES You'll see that we have unearthed an Arch0wl file and an old Midare file (shoutouts to them for allowing us to do this) This was an active observation of past dump charting methods; there needs to be more of this. I will probably unearth an old dump file and modernize it next go around. It's always interesting to go back and take what you can from people who were around when dump charting became a thing. It didn't start with yolo dumps. There was a joke going around that Minty packs would soon devolve into playable HSMP files. Not sure how much of a joke this will actually turn out to be.

I enjoyed the new faces in this pack quite a bit: Swiftwinter, Arntonach, Noderum, Flossy, Alloyus, CBR--probably were more. Great job, all of you.
I think it would be cool to see more technical charters trying their hands at dumps. We had Kraezy last go around, now Arntonach--ofc Scintill, James as well. You guys always find interesting ways to approach dumps. Also, I think you guys have honed the art quite a bit. I can see a clear progression, as I'm sure Mina would agree. For our regulars: you make this pack. Keep doin ya thing.
I'm personally happy to see more Minaciousgrace (if you are too, bother him about making more files) in Minty. I'm personally saddened to see no Skwid (if you are too, bother him about making more files) I think the pack series could probably have more collabs and MEGA collabs too. There are many camps within the Minty packs--I'd like to see this represented through collabs.
Also as a final comment, we had Eve and some other really good osumania guys last pack; I want some more for Minty 3--bridge the gap between the two games. If someone knows how I could get in contact with some good mania charters lmk.

Okay, that's what I've got for right now; I'll get into the files in a bit. Make sure to thank Mina for all of his efforts with pack development if you like this pack. Also, for us to meet the goal of "make a better pack cu in 2018 tm", I need my reviews. Yes the pack is for us, but also, they are for you too.

Last edited by lofty rhino; 10-1-2017 at 10:29 AM..
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2017, 08:32 AM   #26
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

Lol I will DL this when I get a new PC my laptop died RIP
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2017, 09:10 AM   #27
dadcop2
FFR Player

"my files were lacking a sort of identity that I had admired in charters like Mina, Midare, Skwid, and others"
disagreg. i could always tell your files apart from anyone else's but w/e
dadcop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2017, 06:01 PM   #28
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

SMO Mirror: Minty Fresh Pack 2

SMO needs to sync recently uploaded packs before the links work. Early birds may have to wait a couple of hours before using this link!
Old 10-1-2017, 07:37 PM   #29
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

I'll try and do another one for the next go around. I have one or two ideas that I'm really excited about bringing to the table

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2017, 09:54 AM   #30
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

mina in da thread with as-close-to-self-congratulatory-as-you-can-be-without-citing-your-own-work top 5 picks:

- gone fishin'
- etienne's op
- los vino
- adieu
- radioactive

honorable mentions:
all my of my files

secondary honorable mentions:
the other files
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2017, 05:06 PM   #31
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

@Foxfire- Thank you, buddy!
@Kraezy- Awesome. I look forward to seeing what you got.

My top five:

-Rock Lobster
-Gone Fishin'
-Cuatro Babys
-Adieu
-Pyramid Cave

*Will do comments for every file in a bit

Last edited by lofty rhino; 10-2-2017 at 05:06 PM..
Old 10-2-2017, 07:26 PM   #32
Flossy_
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

scintill i love you for gone fishin
Flossy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-3-2017, 08:53 AM   #33
Leo137
FFR Player

Yo i'm so happy this is a thing, played almost the entire pack last sunday and had a B L A S T, wrote some short reviews of what i can remember, everyone doing an excellent job:

Anime janai - nice anime chart!! good job!!!
Best friends and bike rides - really flowy and interesting broken 32ths, ain't pretty usual to see. The ending is ballerz
Chill Bill - whistle patterning 10/10, lofty goodness
Eigtho - this screams Yolomania4 at me <:, pretty scorable file
Eurydice - relaxing running man, you kept me focused. Nice chart
Exile Of The Floating World - lol this was charted by the denpa guy??XD! ilu nice chart <:
Female president - i love kpop im gay ;*
Fuck ANIME (AGAIN) - da running man
Get Got - evil chart but sure is fun asofc
Golden Sky - Please restep
Let's get loud - it's J Lo! file is full of goodness. TUNE
Love Boat Tracker - Love at first sight, sharp trills and fun streams, swiftwinter doing it again!
Migrant at Daybreak - kinda sameish as the above but i still loved it <3
Ojos asi - it's Shakira!
Siren - nice minastreamz hehe
Slovaci Oziju - rly gay slav running man
Total Eclipse Of The Heart - apassionate running man, loved it
Virtue And Vice - harder dump approach to this song, porkypink dumps keep getting better!! really fun, tough ending
YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD - timrolls, kinda farmable(ew) file??
Vatstep Dsp - not ¿running? men??? hype chart!! and not even charted the drumheavy part which is kinda, funny given the song

Even with all those mentions i'm pretty sure i'm missing more files. I invite everyone to keep playing the pack and posting more shit about it, keep it hype!!

As for my files, i tried different things: good day is a mine-centric file with color bursts and attention to the different sound effects, cuatro babys is a stamina chart over a latin-trap song with mayor focus on vocals, wokman has some runningmen and short 24ths jack patterns, with some swingy streams that tries to match the song intensity without being fixated on a single layer of sounds. While im satisfied with the files, i have a debt on making them more polished and consistent, as is something i admire from Klaius or Skwid and i can't seem to accomplish. And i also have to work on making more of it (3 didnt felt like enough this time), so yeah, pretty motivated to chart more stuff.

c u in year+(0..1)
MINTY2 RULEZ

Last edited by Leo137; 10-3-2017 at 08:54 AM..
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2017, 12:00 PM   #34
Herkkupala
FFR Player

Supa hot fire is supa hot.
Herkkupala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2017, 11:26 AM   #35
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Ayy thanks for the cute reviews Leo!! And for everyone else who is playing and showing support of the pack <3

I'm gonna do mine either today or tomorrow--maybe in 2 parts, maybe in full depending on how motivated I am.

Those of you who I promised thoughtful criticisms to, I didn't forget about you!

Last edited by lofty rhino; 10-7-2017 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-7-2017, 05:23 PM   #36
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Oh this released gz
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2017, 03:20 AM   #37
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

cool
[TeRa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2017, 08:02 AM   #38
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

nice
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #39
Bensagram
FFR Player

wow nice pack go download highly recommended wow
Bensagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #40
alexmandi
FFR Player

alexmandi is offline   Reply With Quote