Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-4-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

Default Prime8's Retirement Giveaway.

Prime8's Retirement Giveaway

I would have done this as a random thought, but I figured I'd get more submissions this way (if this does get deleted/closed, I'll just redo this in a random thought guys).

Basically, I'm quitting FFR. It's just become way too stressful to me because all I worry about is getting more AAA's and Tier Points. I stuck with FFR for so long because it was something I saw myself gradually getting better at, and I had the ill-conceived notion that I could actually become the best at it. I've finally realized that no matter how much practice I put in, there are just certain limitations that will hold me back from being better than a lot of the better FFR'ers, one of which being my developing of CTS. I've broken 4 keyboards during my tenure in FFR, including my laptop keyboard which has yet to be fixed. If I had a video camera, I'm sure you'd delight in my own TeRages. I decided to stick around until I was out of the official tournament. Well due to the crappy song choice and the fact that over 1/2 of D4 is getting eliminated this round, I don't stand a chance of advancing.

Since I'm leaving, I figured I have 1,365,760 credits that I won't be needing anymore, and I might as well give it out to one of you guys! However, you need to convince me that YOU deserve them more than anyone else. Write a message, send a picture, post a video, anything that you think would show me why I should give you these credits. Make me laugh, make me cry, do whatever you think will work for me. There won't be any 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. placements - only one person will win them all.

You have roughly 24 hours to submit, so the contest ends WEDNESDAY AT 6:00 PM CST. Only 1 submission per person, or else you will be disqualified.

EDIT:

Before I get to it, I want to thank ALL of you for your posts/submissions for the contest. I wasn't expecting this many to turn out honestly. Whether it's because more people know/care about me or if they just noticed the 1.3 million credits up for grabs, who knows lol. Still, I thank you for all that you've said and know I will truly be missed. I think I'll try to stay in the community, lurking the forums like I used to before I got interested in tournaments.

This was really tough for me to decide on because a lot of you had good submissions, whether it be your proclamation of love for me or explaining what you intend to do with the credits. In order to whittle down some of the choices, I had to make it come down to CREATIVITY. I know a lot of you had good intentions for using the credits if you won them, but what was to make you stand out from the others who said the same thing? I really don't want to sound rude at all about this, because I believe that's how you genuinely were going to use them, and I think that's very noble of you guys. However, I needed to choose someone that stood out from the rest of the pack.

It came down to 4 people: Adamaja456, Vanilla Mnm, Bolth Mann, and GG_Guru. The first one I had to get rid of was Adam, because if he truly knew me, he'd know that I don't wear boxers XD. Next to go was Bolth. At first, you were going to be the winner, but after perusing this thread multiple times to read everyone else's submissions and coming across your picture a lot, it started getting a tiny bit creepy. This was probably the funniest submission of them all, next to Adam's sex story and ichini's video (it cracks me up every time I see it). So then it was Vanilla and Guru. This was what made this post so delayed, because it was excruciatingly difficult to pick between the two. A lot of me said to pick Vanilla, because he did multiple things for his submission. I can sympathize with the BF's all in a day, but I've gotten 21 in a day with 15 of them in a row, so it wasn't too outlandish. I thought the sign was neat too. I'm very surprised no one did something with my hatred towards Nova Pulser. If your sign had the minijack part of NP on it or something, I probably would have ended the contest right there and then and given you the credits lol. I didn't care much for the AIM convos, but again, it was another thing you wanted to add to your submission, so that was good. My decision finally came down to the video. With Vanilla's video, you just didn't seem all that interested to be doing it. It seemed like you just wanted to get it done with to have yet another thing in your submission. I can only see half of your face lol. With Guru's video, I was pretty skeptical. The beginning stuff seemed too formulaic - as if it had been done before (someone mentioned a video for someone else, but I don't remember it too much). What I thought was neat though (besides the music haha) was that he remembered the comment I put a while back about not being in his FFR video. Ultimately, it was quantity vs. quality, so I made the probably unfavorable decision that GG_Guru IS THE WINNER!

I'm very sorry for the rest of you that tried and didn't win. Please don't take this as me hating you, and I certainly hope this doesn't mean you hate me. I hope you put those credits to good use Guru. Hopefully you can have a decent DG tournament or something later in the future. Thank you all for participating!

- Dallas

Last edited by Prime8; 08-5-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Old 08-4-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999
Default Re: Prime8's Retirement Giveaway.

I'd use all of those credits to host a tourney. Otherwise no reason really for me to have them Sorry to hear ffr became stressfull for you
Old 08-4-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I'd purchase all the songs left in the FFR Shop and keep enough to unlock all the Secret songs while spreading the rest around to friends or people who'd like to do the same thing as me.
Old 08-4-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Man sucks to see you go down like this man. You were just getting good. But your reasonings are good ones and it might be a wise choice to just to move on. But stay around for the community man, dont completely ditch us.

I might as well take a shot at this. I deserve them, well because, um, crap, idk, I give up. lol.

Little task though you can try. Try saying Raspberry with the "P" and not have to pause while saying it or adding a extra letter or sound like "a" into it. Very tricky I have found out this is pretty tricky for most people when they try. lol. Sometimes makes you feel silly.
Old 08-4-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I dont need that many credits. I just need enough to buy a friend a 1 year subby and I am fine. No need for 1.3 million credits. Thats very generous of what your doing but I really dont think giving all those credits to one person is the right thing to do. I <3 you and I will miss you. You were one of my many rivals. Actually you were my top rival of them all and then Krunkykai was my 2nd top rival XD. I will miss you .

EDIT: If I did get the credits I would get a couple people subbies, keep 200k credits just incase another secret song came out, and give people credits that need them to buy purchase songs, and donate to tournaments that I will not particpate in becuase I dont like participating in tournament that I donate to.

EDIT2: Actually I am going to nominate Vanilla Mnm to win this. He deserves the credits BIG TIME.

Last edited by Megamanmaniac; 08-4-2009 at 06:59 PM..
Old 08-4-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Im Vince
Allez Montréal!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Im Vince

I would use those credits to play more songs, because the most fun part about ffr is the fact that there are tons of songs and that is what makes the game FUN.

P.S. It's sad to see a good player leave

Last edited by Im Vince; 08-4-2009 at 06:45 PM..
Old 08-4-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

If you give them to me, I'll slob on your knob like corn on the cob.
Old 08-4-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
mfdat phantom
Movimiento Bipolar
FFR Veteran

im with the ppl here. its a shame you leave cause your a good at this.

mmm well anyways me would use the credits for tourneys that are about to happen soon. maybe buy a subby for the first time and give some to some friends that needs them.

Yoshi:

hands are dead from jacking...
that doesn't sound right...

lool
Old 08-4-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
woker-X
.... :.. .:. ::
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I remember that f***ing day like it was yesterday.

**flash back**

I was pretty happy that day... I never noticed the black cloud following me.

I felt like I can do anything... I felt...lucky...

So I clicked the Gamble Hall link... I had a bad feeling... but I just ignored it...

-"Whoa!!!... So many 100,000 bets today"... I said... "Let's try one"...

-"YOU WON"... I couldn't believe it... **clicks again**

-"YOU WON"... Impossible!!!!... Easy credits... **clicks again**

-"YOU LOST"... damn!!!... well... no problem...

The I just lost control of myself... I don't know how many hours (seconds)...

At the end... nothing was left... NOTHING!!!...

I know...It's my fault...

-------NEXT DAY---------

-"Ohhh...yeah... today I will have my credits back"...

**WokeR plays FFR and earns 1000 credits**
**WokeR go to the main page**
**WokeR looks for the Gamble Hall link**

-"WTF!!!... Where's the Gambling Hall?"... I thought it was a temporal problem...

++Tass Posted... "Gambling Hall is DEAD"++

WokeR: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Yeah...that's my sad story...
Old 08-4-2009, 06:37 PM   #10
TC_Cyrenics
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Cyrenics Send a message via MSN to TC_Cyrenics

I'd buy a one-year subbie for me, then give subscriptions to my friends and assorted others. Natch, I'd pocket some for the secret songs, but I'd spread the love.
Old 08-4-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

To make you laugh:
Yeah.. >.> Lol

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention that I also BFed Katharsis, Grandolin, Wild Sky & Pure In Asia today.

Look at his siggy.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=164

Look at his siggy
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...1&postcount=32

P.S. Yes, br00k5r0b1n50n is me lol

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoVoXxmzIyg

Picture: Just for you XD I NEVER used Purple/Yellow for anybody's sign! Lol. Bad sign I guess though, but still better than nothing.

In all honesty, I really want those credits. Obviously. I really hope I'm chosen. I'd probably not use all of them on my tournament. Probably 1,000,000 of them or so. I'll use the rest to help out my friends & get them support tokens/subbys/hold a few contests. I don't know if you like the idea of giving someone credits just for them to give them to other people, but that's honestly what I'll do.

Lol, I hope you like my submission. XD

Last edited by Vanilla Mnm; 08-4-2009 at 06:41 PM..
Old 08-4-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
ichini
FFR Player

It's ashame to see you go, I'm still a newbie in this and one that doesn't have too many credits and I'm working on spread because I can't do a lot of things on index which I still suck at :P.

I'd use credits to play more secret and shop songs (don't have too many), pay back people who have lent me credits and would maybe try to host some sort of tournys or post lots of giveaways/subbies and give them to people.

Here's my submission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYJjHuRQkFc

8D
Old 08-4-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I edited my first post in the thread.

P.S. I miss the gambling hall XD.
Old 08-4-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

No reason to make a bull**** post about how id use the credits to be generous or for tourneys I'll make in the future I just want the credits for mp spon cons and because I want to be ffrich

Anyway sucks about you leaving pce
Old 08-4-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
Megamanmaniac
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I am starting to think that Vanilla will win it XD .
Old 08-4-2009, 06:52 PM   #16
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichini View Post
Winner
Old 08-4-2009, 06:53 PM   #17
Garquillex
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Since I would have no personal use for such an absorbent amount of credits and I have always been a person who likes to share and run contests (I run lotteries in another game called Guild Wars) I would use those credits to run a creative tournament.

Once the current official tournament is over, I would soonafter start the tournament, but it would be completely different. Since normal tournaments are so straightforward rely on you AAA'ing every song, it would provide a new challenge to players. So instead of trying to Perfect everything, goals to achieve as close as possible to a certain amount of quantity for each perf/good/avg/miss/boo. The specific quantity would be determined by the song and in such a manner that it would be an interesting challenge to achieve rather than strict AAA playing.

As I have come up with this just now, I cannot finalize a method to divide players up as of yet. Divisions will likely be used. I will probably pay someone to help with updates depending on how many people enter (i.e., I take care of updating first post divisions and he updates others divisions in second post).

This idea spawns from MrRubix and his explanation of his antics with Excite Bike, such as getting all goods, all averages, half goods and half averages, etc.. Goals would be more diverse than that, but it would be an interesting time nonetheless, giving players a reason to venture into untraveled territory.
Old 08-4-2009, 06:54 PM   #18
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

It really sucks to see ya go Prime8. But as per your credit giveaway I could really use em cause I've donated all my credits to tourneys and such lol. I could really use them for my team and the tourney I am hosting right now. I would def share the wealth if I got them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 08-4-2009, 06:55 PM   #19
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamanmaniac View Post
I am starting to think that Vanilla will win it XD .
Eh, I tried my best lol
I don't think I'll win to be honest, but hopefully I do.
I'm guessing someone in the next 23hrs will make an insane submission that'll be like impossible to beat. I don't even know if I'm the current front runner lol XD
Old 08-4-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

also
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
took this picture in mexico