Old 04-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #221
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Re: Coronavirus

The benefits of being an essential employee.

1. Weekly work hours maxed out at 59 (previously 44). I'm working 55 hours a week.
2. $2 increase to the hourly wage. For me, it went from $16.25 to $18.25.
3. Double overtime of your original wage. That means $32.50 for every hour worked overtime. And we get $2 on top of that, too.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
Old 05-4-2020, 04:42 PM   #222
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

When this hit my country i had 0 doubts USA would end up being majorly fucked over it. There's a lot of under representation in data because of the few tests available, but that happened in most countries so the numbers should be relatively comparable.
Old 05-6-2020, 03:41 AM   #223
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
There's a lot of under representation in data because of the few tests available
I'm 300% sure that this fucked up the Brazilian data. Right now, we're at 110k confirmed cases with almost 8k cases, but I'd wager that the death count must be double or even more because of the failure to test and identify cases in poor areas, especially in Sao Paulo.

On top of that, we have people straight up ignoring the social isolation and quarantine measures, and even protesting them, so yeah, I personally don't believe the available data here that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist

Last edited by Shikari; 05-6-2020 at 03:03 PM..
Old 05-6-2020, 01:17 PM   #224
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
I'm 300% sure that this fucked up the Brazilian data. Right now, we're at 110k confirmed cases with almost 8k cases, but I'd wager that the death count must be double even more because the failure to test and identify cases in poor areas, especially in Sao Paulo.

On top of that, we have people straight up ignoring the social isolation and quarantine measures, and even protesting them, so yeah, I personally don't believe the available data here that much.
You're gonna have a lot of fun with that!
Old 05-6-2020, 03:04 PM   #225
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
You're gonna have a lot of fun with that!
You tell me...

By the way, what's the current status in Italy? You guys got it pretty rough, hope everything is ok for you and your country by now.

Quote:
Shikari for resident profile artist
Old 05-6-2020, 04:24 PM   #226
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Total lockdown has ended two days ago, but still a lot of measures to contain. Being careless means another wave for sure. Economy is down by a ton and the next few months will be really interesting because a lot of things are going belly up.
Old 05-7-2020, 06:12 PM   #227
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.
somalia's getting wrecked now and my dad's h e l l a high risk

if my dad gets this and he passes i'ma jump off the deep end again. fuck.

edit: anyway i e-mailed my dad which is my first correspondence w/ him in 7 months to wish him well but i'm totally expecting a "haha fuck off kid" which is fine i guess
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 05-7-2020 at 06:15 PM..
Old 05-8-2020, 06:14 AM   #228
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Wonder how people are handling the pandemic in here. It blew up half way through March, and conversation on the topic heavily stooped off. Interesting to see how a shift in the way of life works like that, with it just being accepted as the new norm.

- Tosh 2014

Old 05-8-2020, 08:05 AM   #229
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

There's definitely a data problem out there, whether it's to do with testing (or lack thereof), asymptomatic cases, or people dying where the primary cause was "X" but because they also tested positive for COVID-19 so were added to the statistics.

In my own district there are only 18 known cases, 16 resolved and 2 in isolation.

Stay safe all
Old 05-8-2020, 10:01 AM   #230
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
There's definitely a data problem out there, whether it's to do with testing (or lack thereof), asymptomatic cases, or people dying where the primary cause was "X" but because they also tested positive for COVID-19 so were added to the statistics.
Overall the (incomplete) data so far leads to the virus making immunocompromised or otherwise weakened people go critical very quickly, but is very rarely directly responsible of causing death by itself.

Unfortunately many countries downplayed risks and consequences on the sanitary system, and still are, considering how quickly they wish to reopen. However, quarantining is creating a lot of collateral damage as well. It's a no-win situation.
Old 05-8-2020, 03:21 PM   #231
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Wonder how people are handling the pandemic in here. It blew up half way through March, and conversation on the topic heavily stooped off. Interesting to see how a shift in the way of life works like that, with it just being accepted as the new norm.
Haven't left my high rise since March 18th. Quit smoking, drinking, started doing HIIT and bodyweight exercises in my apartment every day, got much better at cooking, and have been growing my own veggies with a hydroponic setup. My wife and I have agreed to order food once a month. Last month it was vermicelli and egg rolls; this month will be crayfish.

Turns out fear is the best motivator for me and it's made me pick up a bunch of productive patterns and hold onto them.

I hope everyone else is weathering things alright. From my perspective, I don't see things improving for months. I'm waiting for things to get bad this month as places start reopening risky areas like churches, gyms, salons, etc....

Last edited by aperson; 05-8-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Old 05-8-2020, 10:19 PM   #232
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Stuck putting myself at risk cause of course I had to end up with a dental abscess in the middle of this shit. I'm already extremely high risk for dental work because of my condition, now I get to top of possible exposure to COVID with it. Plus can't find a local oral surgeon open, so that's been fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 05-8-2020, 10:35 PM   #233
melonpapes
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Stuck putting myself at risk cause of course I had to end up with a dental abscess in the middle of this shit. I'm already extremely high risk for dental work because of my condition, now I get to top of possible exposure to COVID with it. Plus can't find a local oral surgeon open, so that's been fun.
dude im pretty sure i have one of those too it sucks lmao i've been poking it with a needle and periodically draining it to relieve the pressure. probably not smart but it works
Old 05-8-2020, 10:38 PM   #234
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpapes View Post
dude im pretty sure i have one of those too it sucks lmao i've been poking it with a needle and periodically draining it to relieve the pressure. probably not smart but it works
Mine is, unfortunately, like in the pulp and I think in my jaw under it at this point so I can't just drain it. I've been on antibiotics but they only do so much. I have to get this stupid tooth out but I have a condition called Hereditary Angioedema and people with my condition die getting shit like a tooth pulled. I'm supposed to have it done in a hospital with special meds blah blah but that's not going to happen with the coronavirus shit so I'm going to have to gamble that I'll be alright because if I leave it in I'll likely end up septic or some shit.

Fuckin sucks

But yeah abscesses are no fun and def be careful with that cause it could spread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 05-8-2020 at 10:38 PM..
Old 05-9-2020, 12:22 AM   #235
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I know many of you are from the US but many of you are not as well. I'd just like to say that the US response has caused thousands of people to die that did not need to. We literally have people saying "well it's just old people" and I want to smack them aside the head. Fake news is spreading everywhere and like 1/3 of the country believes it at face value. It's quite depressing.

Old 05-9-2020, 12:41 AM   #236
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I know many of you are from the US but many of you are not as well. I'd just like to say that the US response has caused thousands of people to die that did not need to. We literally have people saying "well it's just old people" and I want to smack them aside the head. Fake news is spreading everywhere and like 1/3 of the country believes it at face value. It's quite depressing.
the plandemic "documentary" is an absolute disaster and i know people who believe that shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
Quit smoking, drinking, started doing HIIT and bodyweight exercises in my apartment every day, got much better at cooking, and have been growing my own veggies with a hydroponic setup.
this is really impressive and i'm happy for you man. i also thought you were gay for some reason
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Old 05-9-2020, 05:48 PM   #237
Tetris 4 Karmic Debt
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpapes View Post
I did the same and it does work but when I finally had enough of it and went to the dentist, the dentist started talking to the assistant about a small puncture wound to the algium blarium or some other dental speak. I bet the assistant just wrote idiot in my file.

Last edited by Tetris 4 Karmic Debt; 05-9-2020 at 05:49 PM..
Old 05-9-2020, 09:32 PM   #238
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
MAGA = Make America Gaslighted, Always

I try looking at the sources for information (e.g. CDC) and talk to people who actually care and invest time looking into this topic. I've found most other places of information are just dumpster fires full of insults.

I've also learned not to take my family (at least my parents) seriously with respect to politics and this situation.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 05-9-2020 at 09:33 PM..
Old 06-27-2020, 11:33 PM   #239
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

3 months into this shit, everything's starting to reopen and I get a fever

i had to leave work today and I called in for tmrw already. im getting tested tmrw too. it prolly ain't covid but if it is like lol, really?

edit: im good
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 06-29-2020 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: im good
Old 09-12-2020, 08:28 PM   #240
Andy_M
FFR Player

Does anybody know anyone who has legit had it and not just internet had it.
Closed Thread