Old 03-16-2020, 05:20 PM   #61
Jayden1234
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle View Post
Marshall Law is will happen next week, if not the week after. Calling it.
I did not know Marco Rubio was a member of this website, much less a TWG enthusiast. Welcome!
Old 03-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #62
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

for those working in industries like grocery retail, healthcare, and public utilities management (to name a few) - stay strong and keep your chin up, this country wouldn't be functioning without you guys
Old 03-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #63
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I guess that isn't anything to sneeze at but this all seems like overreacting to me
recommended reading:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/
Old 03-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #64
melonpapes
FFR Player

welp, ontario is shutting down at midnight all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, religious gatherings, daycares, private schools, etc etc...

Last edited by melonpapes; 03-16-2020 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #65
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpapes View Post
welp, ontario is shutting down at midnight all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, religious gatherings, daycares, private schools, etc etc...
If the lcbo shuts down im gonna be fuckin fuming, idc about other shit
Old 03-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #66
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
This is false. I wish they were but yea, fake news

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 03-17-2020, 12:37 AM   #67
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Only thing that I can see so far is that Ontario's medical official is recommending restaurants and bars to close. Saw a few places do so where I'm living, but it's not every restaurant.

- Tosh 2014

Old 03-17-2020, 01:02 AM   #68
melonpapes
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Only thing that I can see so far is that Ontario's medical official is recommending restaurants and bars to close. Saw a few places do so where I'm living, but it's not every restaurant.
https://www.wechu.org/newsroom/news-...ed-coronavirus
https://twitter.com/drewdilkens/stat...224719872?s=19
https://globalnews.ca/news/6686487/c...commendations/

Windsor at the very least is shutting it down and I expect very many cities will follow suit. Any business owner who chooses to remain open during a pandemic is stubborn and harmful, and should expect very little business. I expect most people will just cut their losses and close up rather than try to keep the lights on through this.

But yeah, fake news or whatever

Last edited by melonpapes; 03-17-2020 at 01:15 AM..
Old 03-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #69
melonpapes
FFR Player

Oopsie doopsie Ontario in a state of emergency and what I said would happen did
Old 03-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #70
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Lol way to be weirdly defensive but no they didn’t close down at midnight like you said. But they announced the recommendations yesterday and we all hoped they would come in sooner or later so feel special I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 03-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #71
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl

i got suspended from working at the preschool for the next few weeks because the management is trying to minimise the amount of employees in the centre

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 03-17-2020 at 12:34 PM..
Old 03-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #72
melonpapes
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
Lol way to be weirdly defensive but no they didn’t close down at midnight like you said. But they announced the recommendations yesterday and we all hoped they would come in sooner or later so feel special I guess?

They did it at 9 am effective immediately, so basically any restaurant/bar that closed through the night was unable to re-open in the morning because of the announcement. And Windsor did shut down at midnight, probably because municipalities were given advance notice by the premier's office about the shutdown.

Last edited by melonpapes; 03-17-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Old 03-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #73
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

Fun times.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #74
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Florida cases up to 192 which is a pretty big jump

Bars/pubs are closing and most fast food joints are going drivethru only.

The word on the street is that the police are gearing up for total closer of businesses and curfews, but that doesn't come from a real reliable source

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 03-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #75
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

My boss just found out that he has Coronavirus.

Been sick for his 3rd day. Has a medical condition where panic attacks will cause him to have stroke, so he went to the top of the list. Got tested yesterday, came back positive today.

Said it was crazy, because he's been at home for the past week. Last time he went out, he wasn't really in contact with anyone, except for a bank teller providing him some money from his business account, and cashier & groceries. Neither the cashier or bank teller seemed sick. Was hyper vigilant about it.

- Tosh 2014

Old 03-17-2020, 02:50 PM   #76
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

minneapolis is basically closed now. we have 60 cases, at least 22 of which are in my county.

i tried buying groceries 'cause i'm off today and wanted to make sure i could quarantine when i get sick. haha, NOPE. man people suck. me and my roommates are dangerously low on toilet paper, so we gotta strategize

my mom and i are worried about my grandma. she's 92 and in the hospital-- almost succumbed to the flu. she got it from being at her current residence, where my uncle passed it to her. i'm telling my mom to take my grandma into her house and get her the hell outta the twin cities. hopefully she listens.

the alano (place where aa meetings are held) is open despite all of this 'cause, let's be real, addicts have a higher chance of dying from addiction than covid-19. we have to socially distance and make meetings smaller. i went to one just now and was tryna not touch anyone lol

many of my friends are out of work because they work in the service industry. it fucking sucks. i basically can't tutor anymore myself, which was my 2nd job, but i'm super super fucking glad i work at target now because i know i can work there through all this.

edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

edit2: me and my mom being tight again is another story that's not about the coronavirus. haven't spoken to my dad in almost half a year though
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 03-17-2020 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #77
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Working from home now for most of the week, only expected to come in the office once per week for at least the next 4 weeks.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:02 PM   #78
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
minneapolis is basically closed now. we have 60 cases, at least 22 of which are in my county.

i tried buying groceries 'cause i'm off today and wanted to make sure i could quarantine when i get sick. haha, NOPE. man people suck. me and my roommates are dangerously low on toilet paper, so we gotta strategize

my mom and i are worried about my grandma. she's 92 and in the hospital-- almost succumbed to the flu. she got it from being at her current residence, where my uncle passed it to her. i'm telling my mom to take my grandma into her house and get her the hell outta the twin cities. hopefully she listens.

the alano (place where aa meetings are held) is open despite all of this 'cause, let's be real, addicts have a higher chance of dying from addiction than covid-19. we have to socially distance and make meetings smaller. i went to one just now and was tryna not touch anyone lol

many of my friends are out of work because they work in the service industry. it fucking sucks. i basically can't tutor anymore myself, which was my 2nd job, but i'm super super fucking glad i work at target now because i know i can work there through all this.

edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

edit2: me and my mom being tight again is another story that's not about the coronavirus. haven't spoken to my dad in almost half a year though
Lots of good and bad here, but glad you still can partake in some of the things to help yourself.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:44 AM   #79
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

I'm growing more and more concerned that all airports that aren't major will be shut down... Last night coming in I saw a grand total of four people waiting for the subways which scares the shit out of me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 03-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #80
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My job is at a convenience store and is apparently essential so its business as usual. 48 hours a week, "we will be there for our customers"

At least if I or anyone in my family gets anything they will pay entirely for the medical expenses and I get 100% paid sick leave for as long as it takes.
Closed Thread