Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

View Poll Results: Should The MVP Be Brought Back(please read post first)
Yes 12 92.31%
No 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-6-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before voting)

The MVP award. An award of greatness, an award of recognition, and award to signify a great accomplishment. Many games have them, numerous sports; video games also tend to use them. They give another reason to push a little harder, go the next mile. TWG also use to have one, but then, just like The Wayne Brady Show, it disapeered.

Why is this you ask, well, back around theg TWG 6-8 era, it was decided that the award was based on the hosts opinion, and was too biased. Thus, it was stopped. While in the mind of some of the public it still exists, it is always controversial, and is not official. Then, people started cheating, mostly mods(how ironic), and a counsel needed to be formed. Thus, The Werewolf Counsel was born, or TWC. The TWC is made up of 5 players of TWG, and make a decision based on voting. Where am I getting at you say, well, wouldn't it be smart if an MVP award was chosen by the TWC after each game? This would be a fair way to decide on the matter, with multiple views and inputs going into the decision. Now, you may be asking, why do we need the MVP award brought back? Well, I will tell you why.

1. It's cool, who doesn't want to be the Most Valuable Player.
2. People would be more apt to sacrifice themselves, if they knew that there efforts would be rewarded.
3. It gives a purpose or goal to some of the people who either get bored because they are tired half-way through the game, don't like being human, and feel as a pawn, and also it would make everyone work a little harder.

You may be thinking at this point, well, is there a way for everyone to recognize this award? The answer to that is maybe. I was thinking that in your banner, you could have the words MVP-TWG whatever, or, you could put gold lines emintaing form the pip of that game, indicating a the award. Though, if the person didn't win the game, perhaps a black pip with the gold eminatig from it.

But wait, there's more!

All sports have a game where the best of the best play, either it be an all-star game, or ryders cup, there's always something. Then why not do the same here. After 16 different MVP's have been crowned, there could be a TWG all-star game, with just them. I think we have about 5 so far, so were almost there. This could be a fun game for people who want that extra challenge. The host would then be voted on by the particpants.

Well, that's it. Just an idea I came up with, after reading this, please vote, then post your thoughts/comments.
Old 04-6-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
Rye_Bread
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Rye_Bread
Default RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before voting)

true dat
Old 04-6-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

More often than not, people working behind the scenes get much less credit than those who are active in the forums. I think that at the very least there should be two MVPs (dependent on the game of course) to help limit bias. I think MVP awards would be effective, however- at least moreso than pips. Oftentimes the best/most valuable players don't receive pips (as they are killed one way or another) leaving the "unthreatening" humans left to claim pips. My very first TWG game starred me, doing diddly-squat, and receiving a pip for my "efforts". Either award pips to the whole team, MVPs, or not at all.
Old 04-6-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Bring it back--with a special little banner or symbol or something that the winner could put in their sigs. That would be very much appreciated.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-6-2005, 07:48 PM   #5
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Qreepy did you read this?
Quote:
You may be thinking at this point, well, is there a way for everyone to recognize this award? The answer to that is maybe. I was thinking that in your banner, you could have the words MVP-TWG whatever, or, you could put gold lines emintaing form the pip of that game, indicating a the award. Though, if the person didn't win the game, perhaps a black pip with the gold eminatig from it.
Old 04-6-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Yep.

And I agree absolutely and completely in spirit. But I think it should probably be a separate banner of its own--and cooler looking, too.

More banners = bigger TWG penis. It's easier to show it with more banners than to make one, CLUTTERED and incomprehensible banner.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-6-2005, 08:08 PM   #7
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Why should the TWC choose? The hosts are usually more involved, anyway.

That aside, I don't care about the idea of an MVP. I could personally tell you that it would never drive me to do more; I care about winning above all. Plus, getting it would be no big deal to me.

Of course, as a fun little thing to do I think it's fine to have around. The different-colored pip might create conflict with what role you are, but that'd be easily fixed. If we do make it official, the host should have the say.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-6-2005, 08:26 PM   #8
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

When Alain kept insisting I'd get MVP for pretending to be him, I was like, "MV-whaaa?"

I don't know that it matters too much. Even with the decision to not name an official MVP, hosts ever since that one game have always raved about the performance of a particular player. I'd vote to bring it back if the prize was a tiara. =)

And it would take FOREVER to name 16 individual MVPs. Tass alone has gotten it how many times?
Old 04-6-2005, 08:42 PM   #9
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Even if the hosts make the final decision, I think they should talk to all the people in the game to see who they think did the most. Perhaps we could vote for each game's MVP? *shrug*

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 04-6-2005, 08:55 PM   #10
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25

Yeah, I like EB's suggestion. That way, it solves the host bias problem, and it gives the "behind-the-scenes" people a chance to shine.

And yes, the host probably shouldn't have total say in MVP, as they may not have caught things that went on in chat and such. Still, they should get some- after all, they had the best view of the game as it was being played out.

I like the idea of a TWG MVP too. That would be interesting.
Old 04-6-2005, 11:06 PM   #11
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

I was gonna say what EB just did... and Also to remind people that based on this, I should be MVP of TWG VIII not that usurper to the throne named EvilButterfly mwahahaha....

Old 04-7-2005, 08:49 AM   #12
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Chardish and I put ALOT of thought into this before TWC was created (Mostly because I won 3 MVPs, and would have won 1 in TWG1 had there been one and one in TWG3 if I hadn't died...)

We tried to make a way to change the pips to signify an MVP. Its not that hard, but it was decided because of the biased decisions of how it is given out, its unfair. That was moreso Chardish and me, because I don't agree. I gave an MVP award when I hosted... others have as well. You can check the History thread to see who all has won MVP and when.

I had thought at the time that there should be an All-Star game at some point. Invite only, top players only, and have some crazy ass twist to it to make it extremely difficult. Let someone like Squeek host it, because we know he won't play. This will still likely happen, when enough people have 3+ wins, or 4+ wins, excluding Q. I think 4 wins is a good number. When we get 16 players with 4+ wins, we'll have an All-Star game. TWC agree?

Also, an MVP award CAN NOT go to someone who is dead. That has been at the core of the award. You must win the game to get the award.

I hope that the hosts continue to give out MVP awards, and that Chardish will go back and give some sort of Gold border around the MVP pip.

PS - I think the MVP award should be given posthumously for TWG 1 so that I can have 4 MVPs for 4 Wins.
Old 04-7-2005, 09:03 AM   #13
Tps222
FFR Player

Tass, what about sports. Manning got if for football, and he didn't win the superbowl. There are certain situation in which dieing would win the game for your team, thus making you the MVP.
Old 04-7-2005, 10:09 AM   #14
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

The MVP in sports is for the Most Valuable Person on their team during the regular season. Not the playoffs......

It was also decided that it had to go to someone who survived the game. Otherwise I would have won MVP in TWG3 as well (No, disrespect to Cypher. He did a great job as the seer, but everything he did was because I told him to.)
Old 04-7-2005, 11:35 AM   #15
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I like this idea. More specifically, eb's idea on it.

Also, if eb's plan isn't implemented, maybe the TWG could review previous games and make sure the choice wasn't too biased, or if there was no MVP at all, they could declare an MVP for that game.

Also, I believe that death shouldn't remove the ability to win MVP. Martyrdom is the epitomy of MVP in my opinion and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Maybe if your team wins and you die you can still win it, but if you die and your team loses, then you can't win it. I like that idea.
Old 04-7-2005, 01:09 PM   #16
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Dying should not exempt you from getting MVP. Hell, being on the losing team doesn't even mean you shouldn't be allowed to get it. Sometimes a loser will play harder but then the other team wins by luck. I'm pretty sure in the post a person on the losing team was given the MVP, or at least, many people said they should have gotten it. I can't remember who or when, though.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 04-7-2005, 01:13 PM   #17
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before vot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd
More often than not, people working behind the scenes get much less credit than those who are active in the forums. I think that at the very least there should be two MVPs (dependent on the game of course) to help limit bias. I think MVP awards would be effective, however- at least moreso than pips. Oftentimes the best/most valuable players don't receive pips (as they are killed one way or another) leaving the "unthreatening" humans left to claim pips. My very first TWG game starred me, doing diddly-squat, and receiving a pip for my "efforts". Either award pips to the whole team, MVPs, or not at all.

I agree. Last TWG I came up with the idea of lynching Tass and everything the night that Alain was killed, and told Hans. Hans puts the post up...and some of it had what I said in it. He was also going to vote for Eric over mead on the last day, and I told him that I felt strongly over mead than Eric. I didn't even have time to vote for mead that day because I was gone, and when he came back it looked like Hans took my "advice" and got the instalynch on mead. I ended up getting no recognition for it and Hans gets the MVP award. I was kind of angry.

I just think that there shouldn't be MVPs at all. If you went through a situation like that you would think the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 04-7-2005, 02:12 PM   #18
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky
Default RE: Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before

Alright, I'm tired of hearing you complain about this.
Quote:
I agree. Last TWG I came up with the idea of lynching Tass and everything the night that Alain was killed, and told Hans.
You told me nothing. The morning after alain was killed, I sent eyespew a long PM about Tass. You were not involved.

Quote:
He was also going to vote for Eric over mead on the last day, and I told him that I felt strongly over mead than Eric.
I said that I was choosing between the two, I never said I was going to vote for Eric. You said that you were going to vote mead, yes, but I went through and pulled up all of the evidence.

Quote:
I didn't even have time to vote for mead that day because I was gone, and when he came back it looked like Hans took my "advice" and got the instalynch on mead.
You saw the post when I posted it. I was talking to you at the time.

MVP=Most Valuable Player. If I were lynched instead of Tass, you probably wouldn't have won the game. I had the most VALUE. I just wanted to put this to rest once and for all, because I never got a chance to publicly say anything about this, and now I have.
Old 04-7-2005, 02:21 PM   #19
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Should An MVP Award Be Brought Back?(read before

Quit being pussies about it.

This is not who should WIN the awards, but if it should be REINSTATED.

Jesus H. God.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-7-2005, 02:26 PM   #20
ddrruler
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddrruler

I think it should be brought back but then again im not even experinced enough to play in TWG so im not sure if my vote counts or not.