Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
Do not flame other players.
. . .

Of all the rules to tl;dr, I highly doubt this is ever gonna be enforced and you know it, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #82
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Made rule 7 grammatically correct

Merged rule 10a with 10e.

Removed rule 10e.

Merged rule 10c with 12e.

Removed rule 12e.

Added a link to a tl;dr for new players to read.

Removed the requirement that all new players must read this thread before playing their first game. Changed the wording to "All new players must read at least the tl;dr version of the rules."

---------------------------------------------------------------

For rule 7 there was just a typo I fixed, I had an extra "is"

Rules 10a and 10e said essentially the same thing just slightly differently, so I merged them together and deleted the latter of the two.

Same for rules 10e and 12c.

Made a tl;dr.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #83
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
. . .

Of all the rules to tl;dr, I highly doubt this is ever gonna be enforced and you know it, hahaha.
Its something I really don't see myself ever seeing enforced unless a situation gets really, really, really out of hand.

TWG is an emotional game and so long as what is being said between the two players is not on a personal level, everything is essentially legal.

There was something a while back where jrodd got in trouble for flaming psychoangel, and I do think that ban was warranted.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 06-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #84
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

May wanna add during the tldr that the death post has to contain no in game relevant information

or something like that to prevent someone from coming in, reading the tldr and dropping a read list upon their death

not that i think this WOULD happen but, precautions

Last edited by XelNya; 06-23-2016 at 07:08 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #85
thesunfan
Role Tide

you have the best suggestions for this rules thread, Xel
done
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #86
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
you have the best suggestions for this rules thread, Xel
done
How fucking DARE you lace this post with sarcasm

lol
Old 06-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #87
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

stop being so fucking insecure all the time xel

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #88
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
How fucking DARE you lace this post with sarcasm

lol
B... Baka!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #89
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
stop being so fucking insecure all the time xel
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH

Mario

plz

I'm very secure

in this straight jacket

Quote:
B... Baka!
tsuntsun
Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #90
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne
Default Re: 2016 TWG Rules Thread

idk what the general opinion on Phantoms are, but I greatly dislike them for being game-effecting to the degree that they can force a game to end much earlier than expected. I understand they're supposed to be used as a punishment, but I don't agree with the idea that a whole Team (Human or Wolf) should suffer for the inactivity of one person. I know it doesn't occur frequently, but the situation that occurred last Day Phase of TWGAbout definitely left a sour taste in my mouth - inDheart's vote on T-Force effectively cleared Dabackpack and I in a 4-way, and T-Force was able to make a single vote at any point to win the game. If inactivity is to punished, I think warnings/bans and replacements should be utilized rather than additional votes.

In the case people like Phantsom here though, I don't really think retaining Phantoms for replacements is ideal? Like, to have a Player replace into a disadvantaged spot feels too unfair to the replacement imo. It's disadvantageous enough to catch up with the game.

Just my two cents.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:41 AM   #91
thesunfan
Role Tide

having players lose phantoms if they replace out can be an incentive to replace out, such as to avoid auto-lose situations, which is not something I ever want to encourage

I completely agree with you that phantoms rarely serve their intended purpose, and its why you don't see them in my games, but it is something that I think should be up to the game mod to decide whether or not they belong in their own game

from what I understand, phantoms and the removal of "No-lynch" from the game by roundbox was purely a flavor decision, and it makes sense to me, and that's not something I want to take away from mods.

phantoms are really, really gross though, and I think mods should be very hesitant to put them in their own games, especially considering new policy requires there to be at least one replacement signed up for a game before the game can begin, which means that severely inactive players are more easily replaced than they were before.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2016, 10:21 PM   #92
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I think phantoms, if they are in game, to follow the same format as highlighted in the rules post. As for use in game, I don't think they should be the standard. I kept them on as flavor in my game because of how the actual game works and the immediacy of trials.

However, people should definitely commit a vote at some point in the day. Avoiding a phantom if you're an active player is pretty easy. As for replacements, it does definitely add a sticky situation. Replacements are always up to the mod's discretion as to whether or not a player can sub out. I would just leave it up to the mod whether or not to keep the phantom on the player.
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #93
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I wonder if we could make standards for what's acceptable to use as a death post.

What is clear is that it's not supposed to be something relevant to the game and that it's only for the player that got night killed.

What is unclear to me is:

Can we post a picture that contains words?
Can we post one or multiple sentences? (less than X number of words ?)
Can we post a youtube video?
Can we post some parts of the above together?
Can we mess around with [spoiler] tags etc.

Basically, should the content of that post be further restricted in some way.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-19-2016 at 06:26 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #94
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wonder if we could make standards for what's acceptable to use as a death post.

What is clear is that it's not supposed to be something relevant to the game and that it's only for the player that got night killed.

What is unclear to me is:

Can we post a picture that contains words?
Can we post one or multiple sentences? (less than X number of words ?)
Can we post a youtube video?
Can we post some parts of the above together?
Can we mess around with [spoiler] tags etc.

Basically, should the content of that post be further restricted in some way.
yes to everything as long as it does not hint at your role or other roles in the game (especially with no cardflips) and should not make any commentary on who might be what
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #95
thesunfan
Role Tide

it also cannot interfere with the flow of the thread in a meaningful way

a good example of this is when DBP posted an unspoilered text of the Spongebob Movie script
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #96
thesunfan
Role Tide

two things that should be talked about

one, should there be clearer definition of what qualities a vote must have, more specifically, should votes in [twgv][\twgv] or in [color='Red][\color] tags be the only ones counted, or should a clear attempt at a vote be counted as a vote as well

secondly, should games without nighttalk be locked during the night phases all the time, at mod request, or never. I should mention that, if games are to be locked, its not always easy for me or yoshl or another mod to unlock the thread at a specific time.

Of the first, I think that a rule should be added simply just for clarifications sake. I think only votes that are formatted properly should be counted with no exceptions. I do believe that adding the proper tags to the tl;dr version of the rules will help with this, but, if an expanded rule is added, I will include these tags in the expanded rule as well.

I think the locking of threads during the night phases is something that I think I would like to do unless asked otherwise by the mod.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #97
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

i'm fine with a mod locking the thread at the correct time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #98
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

1) in favor of counting votes in correct tags only, but also making it clear and a must-read what those tags are. i actually didn't realize until i looked that it didn't seem to be stated formally anywhere.

i haven't played with fennec fox, can it handle two different sets of tags, or does it just look at the realized text formatting? if the former, moving to twgv as the sole vote option might be better, though that spells an end to anything else being in bold red ever

2) i think i would prefer this to be game specific unless some mod for each game says they're up to it. something hard and fast is only good if it can be consistently applied, which makes me think it would have to either be "lock always" or "lock never"

nighttalk = off for me entails "don't post" rather than "you cannot post", even if the latter interpretation would have a net positive effect on games

also, a mod who is in a game should probably not be the same one in charge of lock/unlock, as much as we want people to be reasonable people; part of me thinks it just reflects badly to give someone with direct influence on the game that responsibility

it does look like both active mods are in favor of this though, so i guess i like the host opt-out idea sunfan said
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #99
thesunfan
Role Tide

well, its you guys that decide the rules with the mods

mods don't decide the rules so

Yoshl and I having our opinions are on equal footing with yours
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #100
thesunfan
Role Tide

well, its you guys that decide the rules with the mods

mods don't decide the rules so

Yoshl and I having our opinions are on equal footing with yours
Quote:
Quote: