Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > Completed Sets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #1
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default 2015 January/February Set 6 (Complete)

Aragami - xi
Concussive - Bassnectar
Don't Think Feel - LeaF
Freedom Dive V2 - Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 01-29-2016 at 08:34 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe
Default Re: 2015 January/February Set 6

8.5/10 PASS
Maybe a bit too dense patterning at places, but I am not the best person to judge this as it was a bit fast for me. What I found:
- M9 polypattern should be more like a trill and no jump in middle
- M30 burst pattern is too dense
- M54 shouldn't be a hand
- M66 WHOAH!!! Well ok.
- That 1,2,3,2,3,4 at M84.3 will put many in tears, but ok.
Overall the song with the steps is really good and will bring a lot of challange to many.

Diff 87-88

10/10 PASS!

Perfect file which flows like... like... IT JUST FLOWS! (A bit salty for the sightread booflag, but I'll AAA this once it gets in game.)

Diff 52

9/10 PASS

What a sadistic start. And I think... no, I feel that I enjoyed the song in a sadistic way. I tried to look for something which doesn't feel right but didn't find anything.

Diff 89-90

4/10 - REJECT

- The beginning part is ok
- M27-M39 patterns feel awkward to hit. There is something wrong.
- The really speedy part of the song starts at M45, but you slow down? Feels strange after these speedy patterns at M39, M41 and M43-M44.
- From M45 onwards you have slowly speeded up and suddenly at M130 the difficulty jumps A LOT and the end bit is just very fast.
Arrow placement in general is ok, but the consistency issues are a big problem in this file. It feels like we have like 3 versions of Freedom Dive merged together at different places. The file needs a lot of work.

Diff 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.

Last edited by HeZe; 01-31-2016 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: Changed diff ratings
Old 01-30-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Aragami

Incredible. Great high 80s chart. A lot of the patterns are tough, but par for the course in this difficulty range.
Rating: 10/10 - PASS
Suggested difficulty: 88

Concussive

No complaints, but the song/file are nothing special. Would still be good to see in-game as an introductory jumpstream chart.
Rating: 9/10 - PASS
Suggested difficulty: 51

Don't Think Feel

Probably wouldn't have started with the megatrill, but to each their own. This file is really fun. There are some patterns in there that I have never seen before and I don't know why it has taken this long for me to be introduced to them! That fast jumpstream near the end is absolute BUTTER.
Rating: 9.5/10 - PASS
Suggested difficulty: 87

Freedom Dive V2

Can these even be called Freedom Dive V2? It's not the same song as what would be Freedom Dive V1 in the game, this is a remix. I'm a bit confused on the protocol behind remixes that barely differ from a song already in-game. I guess I'll mention also that the gallopy patterns throughout the file are awkward (although true to the music) and it completely breaks the flow for me.
Rating: ?/10
Suggested Difficulty: 68

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-30-2016 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeZe View Post
Concussive - Diff 62
Dont Think Feel - Diff 92
Let's talk about these.
We have an 11-difficulty gap in our assessments of Concussive. I put it at 51 because the "difficulty maker" for this file is the jumpstream in the middle. It's a bit more dense in parts, but relatively the same speed as Etude To A Dragon (Concussive is 20 BPM faster), a 46.

We're also pretty far apart on Don't Think Feel. I fail to see what part would make it a 92 lol. The jumpstream is fast, but manageable, and the rolly sections flow really well.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-30-2016 at 07:12 PM..
Old 01-31-2016, 05:04 AM   #5
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Let's talk about these.
We have an 11-difficulty gap in our assessments of Concussive. I put it at 51 because the "difficulty maker" for this file is the jumpstream in the middle. It's a bit more dense in parts, but relatively the same speed as Etude To A Dragon (Concussive is 20 BPM faster), a 46.

We're also pretty far apart on Don't Think Feel. I fail to see what part would make it a 92 lol. The jumpstream is fast, but manageable, and the rolly sections flow really well.
Now when I did some comparison between js songs with relatively same bpm, you are right. I was kind of comparing Concussive with XTC Hill Zone in my head, which is actually a lot faster. Now I compared it with Endless Altercation (54) which is BPM 160, slightly faster and yes, Concussive is easier than that. I changed it to 52.

About don't think feel I was thinking of 90 to start with, but the dense JS made me push it to 92, because the JS part seems harder than the one in Extratone Pirates (drunk optimus remix). Overall the song seems slightly easier than that, so I might aswell put it back to 90. I think that placing it anywhere lower than 89 is not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #6
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Sorry, no screenshot. the imgur capture tool in the r^3 engine is not working for some reason. I will give my scores.

My score: 281-18-60-30
Wow that is brutal, but totally fair. I could see nothing wrong with the file. Xi. Goddamn Xi. Tough love. (this review sucks omg im sorry)
8.5/10 pass

My score: AAA! \o/
The chart was pretty fun! My only gripes were with the anchors (or the lack of them). For example, in most of the beginning, I would have put an anchor to the guitar song. It seems to be missing, and would not add much to the difficulty of the file if you put it. Near the middle of the chart (like measure 52) you DO put anchors, but PR-wise the sound changes and the anchor here does not seem warranted.
If all of these anchoring issues were fixed, this would be a tremendous file! But at the moment, I think it could greatly benefit from these quick fixes.
7/10 pass

My score: 300-19-85-35
I was not a fan of the layering here. The song never felt quite balanced -- it either felt empty between bursts, or overwhelming when the bursts happened. I don't know, it feels like the file lacks polish.
5/10 reject

My score: 48-2-3-5
Cool file! The only issue I had was with the hand usage. In the sections where you have hands, I think you should try layering the 8ths that happen between them (e.g. m25). Also, I recall a part where you had hands in a stream (sorry I couldn't find the measure number even if I swear I looked for it) that layered the piano, if I recall correctly... I think these hands are questionable, since your jumps around the same part layering the beat in fact hit harder than the piano itself. So yeah, to summarize, check your hands! The rest was super fun though I enjoyed it.
7.5/10 pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 01-31-2016 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: I suck at making spoiler tags
Old 01-31-2016, 02:30 PM   #7
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Aragami | 7.5/10

Strong file, seems to tell a story with all the different densities and alot of variety in patterns with stream/jumpstream/rolls/handstream/polyrhythms

Don't think feel | 7/10

Really hard file with some awkward patterning, it was however extremely enjoyable. The bursts seemed balanced you clearly chose to have a certain layering scheme for your jumps since they seem to be consistent throughout, even though I would put more jumps in there for consistancy

Freedom dive v2 | 7/10

Really liked the way you left arrows out to make the melody stand out, I liked the hand usage and overall flow of the file, however at certain points in the file the anchors felt too long and other parts felt slightly empty
Old 02-1-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeZe View Post
About don't think feel I was thinking of 90 to start with, but the dense JS made me push it to 92, because the JS part seems harder than the one in Extratone Pirates (drunk optimus remix). Overall the song seems slightly easier than that, so I might aswell put it back to 90. I think that placing it anywhere lower than 89 is not right.
I think I'd be willing to meet you at 89 :P.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #9
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

January 2015 Set 6 was reassigned to Gradiant and he finished the primary judge task. The notes can be seen below; this thread is being moved over to Completed Sets and the results/notes will be updated in the January/February 2015 thread. In addition, this closes out the January/February 2015 Batch and we should focus on the March/April 2015 Batch.

[9*/10] Aragami {xi} (bmah)
Should’ve been in the hard songs batch but let’s see...
39.913 - 43.587: Think layering would work better if jumps/hands were put to the heavy drums rather than the faint synth. Really feels like there needs to be jumps in spots like 41.903 and 42.209
45.117s: 32nd burst coming out of the (14)(23) trill is really awkward
47.566 - 50.934: Can’t tell if the jumps are layered to the bass drum or synth as it’s not consistent
53.612: Sound doesn’t warrant a minijack, the jump shouldn’t have any of the notes as that 16th
74.046: burst forces awkward minijack on 3
81.852: white note could be a hand, pretty impactful sound
94.174: I can hear where the minijack at 90.806 is from, but I can’t tell why this one is here
Last half is extremely tough, but the file as a whole is really well done

[9*/10] Concussive {Bassnectar} (M0nkeyz)
68.993: Single instead of jump
79.994: At this section there’s heavy descending synth which you have as jacks which probably should be descending along with the pitch of the synth.
131.994 and 135.194 are the same pitch, so same note
138.394: to follow pitches, this would be better as a 4, and then 141.194 would be a 3
Pretty straightforward file with smooth jumpstream, only gripe I had was that the hands in the file seemed random to me because the heavy synth covered up whether there was percussion or not on that note as well until I listened to it repeatedly

[5/10] Don't Think Feel {LeaF} (Destroy2777)
Slightly offsync, not a whole lot but it’s noticeable
5.241s: Awkward transition going from this trill into the burst. Changing the burst into a 21432143 would smoother to hit.
6.285s: Every burst in this intro is right to left, maybe instead of starting on 3 for this right to left pattern, you could switch it to left to right for variation?
8.502s: Why do the 8th notes start here rather than at 7.459?
21.415 : Shifting the roll down to color them as green rather than using sub-beats might lead to bad frame conversion along with the last green note being spaced close to the jump and forcing a weird minijack on 2 with the 16th right after the jump
23.241: forced left-hand minitrill is awkward, changing the 24ths to go right to left instead would be smoother
23.491: colored notes to descending notes in this empty part would be cool
36.534: think the sounds other than what you’ve been layering before are more prominent, and stepping the bursts here like how you’ve been before would make this section less empty.
38.621 - 40.186: jumps on the reds?
40.251: missing note
40.447: If you do jumps in 38.621 - 40.186, put a jump here as well
40.708: jump or hand here based off of previous layering
40.708 - 5.447: Check note placement here to make sure you don’t have long chains of reds on the same note like the chain on 1 happening at 48.534s or making sure that any jacks are followed like that three same-pitch pattern at 47.230s not being a jack.
53.230: Sections similar to this point in the rest of the file are jumpstream while this is not
54.795: Same as 21.415s
56.621: Note here along with next two jumps could be hands due to cymbal crashes
57.404 - 58.708s: Doesn’t need to be empty with just jumps, there’s sounds happening between what you’ve stepped
59.490 - 59.621: these are also jumps like what you’ve done right after
61.577: Coming out of 32nd left to right roll with a 432 pattern is slightly awkward to hit since at this speed players are most likely going to be jumptrilling and this pattern forces a minijack
61.577 - 787.273: This section also feels empty. It switches between the part with the jack which could have jumps layered like you’ve previously done, parts like 63.143 - 63.664 with no notes but there’s a sound in there that you’ve previously had as jumps, and the stream section like at 63.664, where you have a nasty anchor on 3 and then on 2 which at this speed is nasty. Also 2 parts where I hear the same sounds you put the 32nd rolls to but they’re ignored with no notes there at all like 77.751 - 78.273
86.099 - 89.751: Why is there a quad? And then even though the hands are going to sounds, it doesn’t feel like I’m playing exactly with the song due to the other sounds happening inbetween your hands. Makes it messy.
91.838 - 108.534s: How do you differentiate between what’s a jump or hand in this section? They both go the sounds of the same intensity. Since the notes are also mostly hands with nothing else, have greater attention to pitch changes and what notes are in your hands.
108.534: I see where your red jumps are coming from but what you layer the blue jumps to is inconsistent. Patterning is fine though, just check what you have as jumps or not.
The jumpstream section is patterned fine for this speed, but it’s difficulty is super spikey compared to how empty the rest of the file is. There’s also a ton of inconsistencies between what’s layered as jumps and which burst sounds are stepped or completely ignored, as well as transitions out of the walls.

[6/10] Freedom Dive V2 {Xi} (XelNya)
A note replying to Rushy that this isn’t a remix, it’s the full version of the song, hi19 cut his file. Is ‘v2’ correct though even if 2nd version isn’t a cut?
Have to agree with MN that the hand usage is iffy. I don’t think there’s enough of an impact with the sounds at 25.946s to warrant hands over the section before-hand. Only hands here also ignores any sounds in-between which you were previously stepping. At 98.306s, there’s hands again to the chimes which feels weird when there’s a driving bass percussion throughout this build-up, and then at 103.706s, there’s only hands again, same issue as 25.946s.
41.066, 43.226s: When this section repeats with the same sounds throughout the rest of the song, the sounds are stepped with a 3 note roll, but here it’s a harder to hit regular stream
81.026s: At this speed, the left hand trill because of the anchored jack on 2 and 16ths on 1 is awkward to play compared to the rest of the file, a bit of a difficulty spike.
82.106s: There’s a prominent piano melody going on here with nothing else until 90.746s, so pitch relevancy would be cool. 83.726 to 83.861 and 87.776 to 87.911 for example: it’s the top of an ascending note pattern but your steps are descending
145.556s: Left to right roll would be nicer if it started at 145.826s, ending roll section is 8 bars so the split roll would be 4 bars and then the left to right roll would be the last 4 bars.
I’m not sure about overall layering of the file. As the community reviews pointed out, the difficulty of the file comes from little bursts of jumpstream, and then the actual ‘meat’ is fairly simple, which really skews difficulty. I understand the layering choice for the simpler sections as going further would be similar to what hi19 did with his version, but with the little bursts of 222bpm jumpstream being harder than the actual main sections of the file, it doesn’t really feel right