Old 01-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
thegeddupnoise
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Can we stop getting new Rock songs?

I know there are people who definitely don't agree with me, and this may have been ranted about before - but CAN WE STOP GETTING NEW 4-MINUTE LONG WIDGET SONGS IN THE ROCK SECTION FROM ARTISTS WITH LITTLE TO NO TALENT THAT HAVE A BUNCH OF OFFBEAT NOTES FOR THEIR STEPFILES?

Well, some artists definitely have talent, but there are others that suck, and we all have to listen to them for 4 minutes while trying to AAA something. We have enough widget songs in that Rock section, please lay off on them unless some really cool, popular, and ultra-talented band signs on to FFR, just for example (because everyone loves them) Dragonforce.
# of Skill Tokens: 82/92

Best FC: HELLBEAT
Best AAA: Crystalis - House Leaves (Remix) (WITH jack syndrome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Everything is Vistas fault. If your cat dies, it's also Vistas fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkChan View Post
Why do people care about that? It doesn't give you anything in return, it just displays you on the daily stats. Not like anyone would be sucking your dick because you got 3095471750427 arrows on one day.
thegeddupnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
richyrich55
Wait... what?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to richyrich55
Default Re: Can we stop getting new Rock songs?

Yea ok go off yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix
I may be an ass, but I'm usually a very correct ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz
I'm like, totally in love with like, Justin like Bieber. I like don't just like, like him.. I like, like like him. Like totally.
R.I.P. Jellygod
richyrich55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

Well, some of these songs like that piss me off too because all those emo songs sound exactly the same and they're all 4 minutes long, then some of them have (light) (standard) and (heavy) modes with the heavy song being a very easy AAA for me just so I have to waste 12+ minutes of my life. BUT... it IS bringing more people to the site which is what Synth is going for, so FFR will almost certainly continue to add the songs.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
Well, some of these songs like that piss me off too because all those emo songs sound exactly the same and they're all 4 minutes long, then some of them have (light) (standard) and (heavy) modes with the heavy song being a very easy AAA for me just so I have to waste 12+ minutes of my life. BUT... it IS bringing more people to the site which is what Synth is going for, so FFR will almost certainly continue to add the songs.
damn right somebody step some of my metal bands I got permission for...
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #5
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Don't play them?

Also, I'm sick of seeing these stupid threads.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

ashlee simpson.

all i have to say.
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #7
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

have hardly been any recently.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Widgets get FFR traffic. More traffic means more users, more users means more subscribers. More subscribers means more money to improve the game, the servers, and the content.

There is no way whatsoever to try and argue that widgets are bad.

Now, as for why widgets are full of rock songs. The best method of contacting bands to look for permission to use their songs is via the internet. The best way to do that is through myspace. Rock bands are far and away the most common users of myspace music, they are the most popular genre of music with myspace users, and thus have the largest number of friends and views to give FFR the most exposure possible.

So in order to make the best use of widgets to get the best gain in traffic, rock bands are the best choice of genre to contact.

This is all well and good, but the part that seems to bug people the most is that those songs find their way into FFR itself.

What people seem to miss is that in order for these bands to put our widgets onto their myspace, we have to give them the benefit of exposing their music to our userbase. We benefit hugely from a band with 25,000 friends having a direct link to FFR on their page, especially when you multiply that by 20, 50, 100 such bands.

The best way to encourage them to give us that benefit (and in fact, the primary claim made when contacting bands as far as I've ever seen) is to expose their music to our 1.4 million users. And the only way to reliably promise them that is to include their songs directly into the game.

It is unfortunate to be a user who doesn't like that particular genre or style, but there are a very large number of songs in the game outside the rock genre, and anybody who wants to try it can always step songs that aren't rock songs.

But the benefit that widgets have already provided to the site as a whole is already more than substantial enough to justify any amount of user complaint about songs they don't have to play, on a game that is completely free.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
ashlee simpson.

all i have to say.
OMGASHLEESIMPSONISONFFRLOL.

And all that widget is really for is for bands to put on their MySpace so that their fans can play an easy stepfile to their music. And 95% of those MySpacers don't really care if the file's off-beat.

EDIT: Ninja'd by devonin and his unmatched powers of tl;dr
Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Stop complaining, if you hate the easy rock songs, I got a permission a while back from 2bands that have huge chances at making great FGO/FMO files.

Cellador,The Berzerker.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
eVo_CaNtToUcH
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVo_CaNtToUcH Send a message via MSN to eVo_CaNtToUcH Send a message via Yahoo to eVo_CaNtToUcH

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeddupnoise View Post
I know there are people who definitely don't agree with me, and this may have been ranted about before - but CAN WE STOP GETTING NEW 4-MINUTE LONG WIDGET SONGS IN THE ROCK SECTION FROM ARTISTS WITH LITTLE TO NO TALENT THAT HAVE A BUNCH OF OFFBEAT NOTES FOR THEIR STEPFILES?

Well, some artists definitely have talent, but there are others that suck, and we all have to listen to them for 4 minutes while trying to AAA something. We have enough widget songs in that Rock section, please lay off on them unless some really cool, popular, and ultra-talented band signs on to FFR, just for example (because everyone loves them) Dragonforce.
Very nice and agree with you too the 100% i mean ya rock is good but come on thats all i hear lately we need some good rap songs i mean we have MARY J BLIGE for crying out loud one of if not the best female rap artist there has been. So if you say we cannot get rap artists that is false just try for them and stop trying for rock. I mean ill even go so far and say try classical techno or something else. PLZ
75 skill/token AAA's
eVo_CaNtToUcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
thegeddupnoise
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Most of you people totally misread what I was thinking. I'm not complaining about widgets, I'm complaining about widget songs being IN the Rock genre of the game. Having widget songs in the game doesn't bring people to FFR, having the widgets does. So keep the widgets, but keep the songs out of FFR The Game.

WIDGETS ARE GOOD. STUPID ROCK SONGS THAT COME FROM WIDGETS THAT ARE PLACED INTO THE ACTUAL GAME ARE BAD.

Quote:
Quote:
Why do people care about that? It doesn't give you anything in return, it just displays you on the daily stats. Not like anyone would be sucking your dick because you got 3095471750427 arrows on one day.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #13
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
Don't play them?

Also, I'm sick of seeing these stupid threads.

Don't step them. (if oyu didnt, lol post+1)

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
thegeddupnoise
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVo_CaNtToUcH View Post
Very nice and agree with you too the 100% i mean ya rock is good but come on thats all i hear lately we need some good rap songs i mean we have MARY J BLIGE for crying out loud one of if not the best female rap artist there has been. So if you say we cannot get rap artists that is false just try for them and stop trying for rock. I mean ill even go so far and say try classical techno or something else. PLZ

Well, I'm glad you agree with me, but I hate rap, so i'm going to have to disagree with you there

I'm totally a-ok fine with rock songs in FFR if they have good stepcharts and they are good songs (even if they are 4 minutes long) but the problem is, so little of the current songs in Rock have those. Rock is my favorite genre of music, but most of the songs representing the genre in FFR are simply not good.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by thegeddupnoise; 01-12-2008 at 11:43 PM..
Old 01-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #15
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Why don't we just Switchback in time where The Last Firstborn was among us?

No seriously play more celldweller. He's gud.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #16
eVo_CaNtToUcH
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVo_CaNtToUcH Send a message via MSN to eVo_CaNtToUcH Send a message via Yahoo to eVo_CaNtToUcH

Quote:
Well, I'm glad you agree with me, but I hate rap, so i'm going to have to disagree with you there

I'm totally a-ok fine with rock songs in FFR if they have good stepcharts and they are good songs (even if they are 4 minutes long) but the problem is, so little of the current songs in Rock have those.
lol im not saying just rap even though i feel we need more just because i like rap and im sure their are plenty of others on FFR who enjoy and prefer rap. But i also agree with alot of the step charts arent really that good in ROCK. But those are the easier ones i miss Celldweller he in my eyes was the best.
Now its a flip between him and MakingApril. But thats off topic we do need more good stepped files and especially in the rock genre becuase they are getting quite worse with the easier song's
75 skill/token AAA's
Old 01-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #17
thegeddupnoise
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Why don't we just Switchback in time where The Last Firstborn was among us?

No seriously play more celldweller. He's gud.
Yeah, Celldweller songs are some of the only good ones. But Switchback [Light] shouldn't be in the game, only Heavy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Most of you people totally misread what I was thinking. I'm not complaining about widgets, I'm complaining about widget songs being IN the Rock genre of the game. Having widget songs in the game doesn't bring people to FFR, having the widgets does. So keep the widgets, but keep the songs out of FFR The Game.

WIDGETS ARE GOOD. STUPID ROCK SONGS THAT COME FROM WIDGETS THAT ARE PLACED INTO THE ACTUAL GAME ARE BAD.
Dude, did you actually -read- my post? If we don't put their songs in the game, so our users will hear their music, why the hell would -any- band give us permission to use their songs?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #19
eVo_CaNtToUcH
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, Celldweller songs are some of the only good ones. But Switchback [Light] shouldn't be in the game, only Heavy.
Well thats unfair to say because we do have alot of new people here that arent so good at hard songs. Least having a fair amount of easier songs will keep them interested and around much longer untill they are able to play tougher ones.
75 skill/token AAA's
Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #20
thegeddupnoise
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Dude, did you actually -read- my post? If we don't put their songs in the game, so our users will hear their music, why the hell would -any- band give us permission to use their songs?
Yes, I did, but I don't understand why we NEED to put their music in the game. Isn't having their widget advertisement enough? If we need to put their songs in the game to use their songs, why do we not have songs in the game from over half of the widget artists?

Can anyone tell me whether a Panic At The Disco song will be in the game? Because if one does make it, I'm going to be deeply disappointed.

Quote:
Quote: