Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #101
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dear Byron(AKA I love you AKA rebound)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
If I never left the chat, this thread would not exist.
Damn straight. Better yet, if you explained right there in the chat what happened, I bet we would've listened more and searched for ways to fix this mess. But you didn't. You left the chat right after PM'ing bmah without waiting for an answer and without explaining any of us - your team-mates - what was happening. Seriously, what did you expect?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
I did my work and I end up losing it. I got upset and I did not have the time or patience to redo the notes and so I asked bmah to replace me with someone else...

Seriously, what is wrong with what I did other then the fact that I did not submit my notes on time when a lot of other judges did not do the same thing?
So far nothing has proven us you really did your work. More than anything, you seem to have worked really hard to avoid any contact with us, which showed your utter incompetence this time around. Other judges have been late; hell, I haven't met the initial December 15 deadline as well. But there's something others did that you haven't done:

communication

In the judge forum, I notified people on December 9 that I would be unable to fulfil my duties in time, and asked for the date to be moved to December 20 instead of 15. And I kept my promise: on December 20, I judged 30 files and sent my notes. The other judges did something similar as well. At the very least, they didn't say they were done, only to hide again again realizing their notes were too bias (!?) and forgetting and not caring and blablabla, Your profile sums it up pretty well: you don't give a shit.

Is it the truth? Do you really not care any more? Why pretend you do? Why are you after the silver username when you clearly know you asked Sprite to be blacklisted? What does this have anything to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #102
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
lol this is a game and anyone who takes it this seriously needs to take a breather.
shit it's like deja vu
Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #103
stealthkidd
Above and Beyond
FFR Veteran

Old 01-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #104
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

dead
Old 01-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #105
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Truly unimpressive.

I could say a million things about this situation or the whole judging situation as a whole, but I'm going to be brief.

Here on FFR, being a part of the staff means a few things:
1) You are volunteering your time to the site. So we do understand that as a staff member you're not obligated to the site, although we expect you'd contribute in some form.
2) You need to contribute to the site. Some contributions don't have deadlines, while other requests are time-sensitive.
3) You should have a passion for the game and the community of this site.

What this current situation boils down to is a lack of judgment in conjunction with a lack of communication. If you truly feel you cannot contribute to the site, or if you think your contributions will greatly be hindered by a lack of passion or time, please let someone know as soon as possible. Pushing on beyond your issues will only create more problems and will likely poison the community and site. For judges, even if you decided to bow out, if you let me know right away, then I can at least respect the fact that you recognized your boundaries.

Byron, while I do acknowledge and appreciate your attempt at judging simfiles for this past batch, your communication was poor and you were beyond the tardiest of tardy.

So for future judges, please keep in mind that time and communication is essential to getting the job done.

--------------

As for everyone else who's in the dark:

- I'll let you know when this current batch is done.
- In the meanwhile, the next batch will not occur until we revamp the judging system.
- I will allow the sending of files for the January-February period, but you will not be allowed to send files for subsequent periods if this issue extends beyond that time - until we sort this mess out. Consider the January-February period a grace period since not everyone is immediately aware of this.
- A new judging system also means we'll need new judges soon. So if you are interested, please continue to make files and especially write critique for other people's files. Applications will be open as soon as we set up a new judging system.
Closed Thread