Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #21
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod
Default Re: ITT We Talk About Our Dysfunctional Families

My father rapes me with logging equipment and my mother is a three legged grizzly bear going through menopause.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #22
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

My family is pretty cool.
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #23
Varia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Varia Send a message via MSN to Varia Send a message via Yahoo to Varia

Mother
Father
Three Daughters
Two Sons

My father was a drug addict and alchoholic. Not to mention a deadbeat. In 2001, he died from an overdose.

My mother. A good woman. She taught math to high school dropouts. She got terminal brain cancer last year which is due to take her life within the next few months.

First sister. 34. Kind of your typical obsessive, over-protective housewife. Nothing too wrong with her.

Second sister. 32. Ran away in high school. Had two children in her teens. Was into a lot of drugs and stuff like that. She's ok now, though. She's married and lives in Vegas with a nice husband.

Third sister. 23. Also ran away in high school and was also into a lot of drugs and heavy drinking. After high school, just kind of hung out at home for 5 or so years not doing much of anything. She has minor mental issues, but at least she has a job now.

First son. 27. Used to have severe anger problems. Blames himself for the death of our father because he gave him the drugs that killed him. Is a general asshole. Hasn't had a stable job in 6 years.

Second son. Me. 20. I haven't really done anything. Being the youngest of five, I just kind of watched my family over the years. 2006 was crappy, but I'm going to change that this year. Currently unemployed and living below the poverty level.

So I'm not going to have any parents at 20, and my brothers and sisters are screw-ups, but are changing that. Very slowly.

ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?

I THINK SO
Varia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #24
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

But I love you, and that matters.

ps

My mom was an alcoholic for the majority of my life. She's sober now. It's okay.

I don't like my dad. He's pretty mean and unfair and hypocritical and annoying. and cheap.

My sister's a bitch. I don't agree with 85% of the things she does.

I'm changing my lifestyle. I need to get better grades, and I hate high school...but so do a lot of people. I'm getting a job soon, too. 8)

My dog is okay sometimes. I want a dog of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #25
austinshaner
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to austinshaner

My dad is a preacher, Mom is a school teacher. Oldest Brother Graduated from Boston U. Middle Brother graduated from Pepperdine U. And im sitting here at home playing ffr, with no job. Disfunctional Family? just me aparenty.
austinshaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

My brother almost strangeled my sister to death when he was 14 because she knocked over some dominoes he was setting up. He says he blacked out, but she had to go to the hospital. He's now a delivery driver/pot head, self aggrandazing and so politically polarized that he can't have a conversation with anyone who harbors any views differently than him without trying to turn them. It's easier to quasi-agree with him so he'll shut up. He's also failed out of college twice, community college twice, and even though he's a talented actor, lacks any kind of drive.

My younger sister was suicidal, anoerexic, and has such low self esteem that if she does not succeed greatly at anything right off the bat, she quits, which leads to horrible depression. She's anti-social.

My other sister is crazy. She does things for attention and constantly competes for the attention of our mother, even if it means fracturing the relationship she has with her sister.

My mother is twice divorced. Her first husband was gay, her second husband (my father) left her when I was 14 for another woman. She constantly makes snide remarks that he might not be my real father. She occasionally drinks, but stopped after she got hammered in front of my friends and set the stove on fire. Instead, she opts to play psychological games with us - if we love our father, we don't love her. If we don't call his new wife 'whore' we don't love her. If we don't call my step-sister (not my father's biological kid - he got his junk snipped) 'thing' then we don't love her. If we enjoy dinner over there, well, it's obviously not nutritional. He's a teacher, his new wife is a teacher, and they have limited income.

She is also possessive. She frequentley tries to put me down in front of my friends, often times joking about my death, but when I leave with them, they're all shocked. She's requested I jump on a grenade, off a building, and eat rat poison. All in a joking manner, of course.

We also fight because I still harbor respect for my father. I found out she had a miscarraige before I was born only because she said, "I wish you were the miscarriage."

She also clings to authority despite the fact that she loathes having children. She's said several times that if she knew she would have been getting a divorce, she wouldn't have had four of them. She wants my father to half-parent, which means for the half she doesn't judge, she drops the ball completley.

Any talent I have, I've gotten from her side of the family. Any failure, I've gotten from my father's side. I can't write a story without her reminding me that I got my talent from her. I can't fail at math without being reminded of my father, who is the only successful college graduate of my family.

It's gotten to the point where she says, "I love you," and I don't believe it.

My grandmother, who lives with us, kidnapped my older brother when he was eight to stop my aunt from going out with friends. She was institutionalized for accusing my father of poisoning us. She hid the baby powder, asked for passwords, and bought my brother and I dolls regularly. She loved buying us "My Little Pony" dolls for special occasions, depsite the fact that we were both boys. She was cleared both times she was put in the hospital.

My father is more of a friend than an authority figure. If I have a problem with anything he says, I can hang up on him, which I've done before. Naturally, we avoid touchy subjects, or if one is about to be brought up, I get fair warning and tell him it might be better to talk in person about it.

My uncle is gay and may have had an affair with Elton John.

My aunt is a lesbian in denial, and takes a dangerous stock in Feng Shui.

I consider myself normal, despite all of this. I do have depressive, sometimes suicidal swings. I'm usually a buffer between my mother/father and the other kids in case things get nasty.

But that's my family in a nutshell.

Sometimes I hate being stuck in the middle.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #27
Mirror_rorriM
FFR Player

Wow. This thread makes me sad. All of these people have dysfunctional families and I have a good family. I should be more thankful. But just for the heck of it I'll try and squeeeeze out as much as I can.
Hmm...

My dad is kind of racist, (whenever we go to McDonalds, 7-11, etc. and there are black people in it he goes "There were some shady people in there".

I'm getting a C+ in math.

My dog is an overeater. We hide the food from him so he doesn't get too fat. I swear if he had all of the food in the world to eat he would eat until his stomach burst open.

My sister once thought jellyfish lived off of electricity.

My brother's favorite song is Move Along.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=58389

w00t w00t!
Mirror_rorriM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #28
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

Well, I'm think I'm pretty normal, which probably means there's actually something wrong with me. But, my family is actually pretty normal.
My father, is a Micro-biologist and a Japanophile, he's very clearly obsessed with all oriental culture really but he does take particular interest in Japan. He also really likes anime.
My mother, has many jobs but is generally a secretary of some sorts. She's pretty normal, but I think that she's not too happy with her life, particularly me.
My sister is a freak. But, I'm really just saying that because she's my younger sister.
My babcia(grandmother, in Polish) lived with us for a few years, but she's really seemed to descend into old age recently. She was a Polish P.O.W. during WWII, and has flashbacks I think.
My grandmother(on my mother's side) lives with us now. She's constantly comparing us with other grandchildren and says some stuff to my mother behind my and my sister's backs.

Other than that my parents are now divorced, and that I think they really got married because my mom was pregnant with my brother, who died in childbirth, but I can't just go out and ask them, there's no really wweird stuff about my family.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #29
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

I'm probably the most dysfunctional person in my family. Really, my family isn't too bad. No psychopaths to be found in this household.

I get into arguments with my mom once in a while. She spends lots of time on debate forums so I only insist on arguing with her when, you know, I actually know I have a point XD Of course she's my mom though so she's always right, no matter what the situation `_

My dad gets into fits once in a while (he once went crazy at me for shopping at PacSun with the high prices and all XD) and I hate driving with him alone in the car because he constantly rants on about other drivers and Mexicans. He is a very good driver and is white, though, so he has some ground to speak from.

My mom and dad get along really well from what I've seen. Only once have I ever seen them yell at each other, but it was short and things were really tense at the moment.

My twin sister just hates to even try to like me, but hey, she's my sister. Since I usually somehow trick her into being the one more at fault for, oh, say, hitting me, I get out of trouble with her more times than not, hehe. I seem to be cool with her friends more than I'm cool with her, or at least so I thought until a few months ago, now I'm just really good acquaintances with one of her friends and the other is only mean to me half the time, the rest kick me or are slightly mean to me when they get the chance to be =(

Oh and her music rly sux lol emo.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:09 AM   #30
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My Dad, is alright. He's the most normal person in our family right now. He's pretty cool.

My Mom, is a psycho. Literally. Last year, I came home from school to find that she had pretty much destroyed my dad's motorcycle. Why? "You were having an affair with a woman at wal mart. Why else would you be gone so long?" or something like that.

She has schizophrenia, and at the time, she had voices in her head telling her things. Telling her that my dad was having an affair, telling her to kill ME, and who knows what else. Last year she spent about 8 - 10 weeks in three different hospitals because of it. Two hospitals before the incident, and one right after it.

When I came home, I heard them yelling at each other. Dad: "I can't believe you did that to my bike..." So I go out to the garage to check out what had happened. She had taken a hammer, and hit the gas tank, both fenders, and all of the glass pieces (mirrors, lights). Later that night, I had counted 105 dents in that motorcycle. 78 of which, were on the gas tank alone. Stop for a minute and think about this: 105 hard hits with a hammer, and by a woman. GUYS would get tired after 10 or so smacks, but she did 105. Amazing what rage can do to you.

After I came back in, my mom was chasing my dad around the kitchen with a knife. My dad had the phone, ready to call the police on her, and she was trying to get the phone from him. She eventually stopped chasing him and said "Give me the phone or I'll ****ing kill Chris." He doesn't give her the phone, but that doesn't matter. I said something about it, I can't remember what, and she charged at me. That part wasn't fun. I got stabbed in the arm (wasn't a serious wound, but it still hurt) and I punched her in the chest pretty damn hard.

After that, I just left and called the cops on her. >_>

Then there are my brothers. They're not nearly as bad, but they're still annoying. In not normal ways.
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:56 AM   #31
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's occurred to me that people could be making this stuff up. It's also occurred to me that people could have really ****ed up families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:57 AM   #32
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My mom and my sister often get into arguments. She doesn't understand why people don't respect her, but the reason is she doesn't make sense alot of the time. For example, there was this one time both my sister and I were using the computers for homework. My mom asks my sister if she can use the computer to finish something for work, and my sister says no, what she's doing is important. Then she comes to me and asks if she can use the computer I'm on. I tell her no, I'm doing homework, it won't take long to finish, you'll just have to wait your turn. She then leaves for awhile, but comes back later yelling at me. She starts spewing all this crap about "Well I pay the bills, I put food on the table, blah blah blah, I need to get this done so you should let me on NOW". Yea, what's your point? It's totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. I was here before you, it's my turn to finish my work, you can have it when I'm done. I was being perfectly fair with her, and she WOULD have had plenty of time to finish her work after I was done. She was stubborn though, and kept yelling at me until she got her way and I couldn't take it anymore. I let her on. My sister was yelling at my mom too for most of the time.

My dad is divorced from my mom. I saw him on Christmas and the last time I saw him before that was more than 2 years ago. For some reason I've never felt like I really wanted to spend time with him since the divorce. He's a good guy deep down, but he never goes above what needs to be done and has not once called me at our house in more than 2 years or so.

My sister (19) is a great person. I look up to her, and want to be where she is someday. She's in college, and took many advanced classes in high school that helped with college payments. She's always nice to me, and helps me whenever I need it.

My brother (9) has ADD. He's extremely shy and has trouble talking to people in school. His grades reflect his performance greatly. He struggles in school, and is going to be put into a special class I believe. My sister came up with the idea of having him write a story about his day every day, about something that happened or just a story in general, since he has trouble putting his thoughts into words, and she helps him edit it and show him how different forms of punctuation work.

I'm I guess what you could call a hermit. I don't get out much, and like to stay at home and play games on weekend nights. I'm not shy, but I'd rather just stay to myself rather than meet new people. I have great respect for my sister, and hope to see my brother succesful.

My family is pretty good I'd say.

Last edited by Bahamut-X; 01-13-2007 at 02:00 AM..
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #33
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

I don't want to write a long shpiel like some of you did; I just don't have the energy. So here we go.

My mom is pretty much crazy. She spies on the neighbours. Her entire life is pretty much devoted to making sure other people think well of her. She seems to like our cats more than the family. When I was young, she told me she didn't love me. I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

Since my mom is so crazy, my dad has the responsibility of actually being, you know, a good father, and he did well for the most part.... but he couldn't handle doing "the talk" and as a result he never did it. We learned everything about sex from school and friends. When I was little, I was reading a book where a girl gets her period. I asked my dad what a period was, and he simply said "you'll find out when you're older". I did find out, but it caused me a lot of anguish and grief because I didn't know what was happening, thought I was dying, etc, until I went to my mom, crying, and told her I was bleeding down there and that something was wrong. She didn't explain nuts. She simply gave me a pad and told me how to use it, then went back to watching TV.

Uh yeah and she's deaf.

But whatever.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #34
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith

My family isn't very dysfunctional... just asian.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #35
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut-X View Post
I'm I guess what you could call a hermit. I don't get out much, and like to stay at home and play games on weekend nights. I'm not shy, but I'd rather just stay to myself rather than meet new people.
Ditto.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #36
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windscarredfaith View Post
My family isn't very dysfunctional... just asian.
Asians are always dysfunctional. XD
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #37
Pichu_XP
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pichu_XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
Asians are always dysfunctional. XD
Must be our chopsticks. Human nature are influenced greatly by their eating utensils.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #38
Z3ratul
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluorescentArmy View Post
Ditto.
Ditto.

My family isn't all that bad.

My stepsister liked to torture those weaker than her... she'd tie the cat to the ceiling fan / put it in the microwave. When I came down with something (basically, retardedly high temp (105ish), was delirious, etc), she replaced my medicine with strawberry milk hoping I'd die. She's into witchcraft now, abandoned her mentally retarded baby with her ex (who luckily got four million from insurance, and not any went to her). She'll guilt trip her mom and (my step) brother every chance she gets. The former deserves it, as she's a royal bitch that wringed every penny she could from my stepdad; the latter, on the other hand, didn't. He just got stuck in a bad situation.

My stepbrother has come a long way. His mom would basically play the psychological games with him if he ever showed any positive feeling towards his stepmom (my mom)... you know the deal. Basically it turned him into a liar since kindergarden, later a thief, and he (irrensponsibly) did a lot of drugs and feel into some bad crowds. He also ate dog **** once. Though, he's doing a lot better now. Married, job, new house, etc.

Too lazy to finish the rest, went afk for an hour and come back to see a semi-complete story... bah. Will post more later, lol.
Z3ratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #39
Maid
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

What to say, hmmm. Compared to some of the stories here, I would say that I have had near perfect life and family.
Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #40
davidtrickett
FFR Player

hi
davidtrickett is offline   Reply With Quote