Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Forum Games

Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Sherlock Deduction game: I post a picture, you deduce a bunch of stuff from it

Example:

Sherlock Holmes: When I met you for the first time yesterday, I said "Afghanistan or Iraq?" You looked surprised.

John Watson: Yes, I did, you know.

Sherlock Holmes: I didn't know, I saw. Your haircut, the way you hold yourself, says military. The conversation as you entered the room - said trained at Bart's, so army doctor. Obvious. Your face is tanned, but no tan above the wrists - you've been abroad but not sunbathing. The limp's really bad when you walk, but you don't ask for a chair when you stand, like you've forgotten about it, so it's at least partly psychosomatic. That suggests the original circumstances of the injury were probably traumatic - wounded in action, then. Wounded in action, suntan - Afghanistan or Iraq.

John Watson: You said I had a therapist.

Sherlock Holmes: You've got a psychosomatic limp. Of course you've got a therapist. Then there's your brother. Your phone - it's expensive, email enabled, MP3 player. But you're looking for a flat-share, you wouldn't waste money on this. It's a gift, then. Scratches - not one, many over time. It's been in the same pocket as keys and coins. The man sitting next to me wouldn't treat his one luxury item like this, so it's had a previous owner. The next bit's easy, you know it already. [indicates back of the phone, which has been engraved "Harry Watson - from Clara xxx".]

John Watson: The engraving?

Sherlock Holmes: Harry Watson - clearly a family member who's given you his old phone. Not your father - this is a young man's gadget. Could be a cousin, but you're a war hero who can't find a place to live. Unlikely you've got an extended family, certainly not one you're close to, so brother it is. Now, Clara - who's Clara? Three kisses says romantic attachment. Expensive phone says wife, not girlfriend. Must've given it to him recently - this model's only six months old. Marriage in trouble, then - six months on, and already he's giving it away? If she'd left him, he would've kept it. People do, sentiment. But no, he wanted rid of it - he left her. He gave the phone to you, that says he wants you to stay in touch. [beat.] You're looking for cheap accommodation and you're not going to your brother for help? That says you've got problems with him. Maybe you liked his wife, maybe you don't like his drinking.

John Watson: How can you possibly know about the drinking?

Sherlock Holmes: Shot in the dark. Good one, though. Power connection - tiny little scuff marks around the edge. Every night he goes to plug it in and charge but his hands are shaky. You never see those marks on a sober man's phone, never see a drunk's without them.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Sherlock Deduction game: I post a picture, you deduce a bunch of stuff from it

Guy on the left. Go.

After making deductions (after people are more or less done), I can explain how close the answers were.

Feel free to post your own pics, too.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-18-2011 at 09:23 AM..
Old 02-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e
Default Re: Sherlock Deduction game: I post a picture, you deduce a bunch of stuff from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Hoverhands up in this bitch
Old 05-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Koneko18
FFR Player

So. Both guys have similar mentonian and ear factions, not to mention tonality of hair, so family members, could be father and son (did the mom take the photo?), but uncle and nephew it's also likely. Could be brothers but the age distance does not indicates so. Vacations, obviously, some sort of sunny place, which explains the glasses, the casual dressing, and the slight sunburn on the youngest man's right arm and a little less pronunciated on the left arm. Sunburn, except on the watch area, so, he forgot to apply sunblocker, but didn't forget his watch, it's likely that they are somewhat of a constant travel. I could be wrong. The glasses colour, the wristband, the thing on his t-shirt, he has no problem calling attention, but the younger person does, as depicted on his look over his friend. So, as I read before, they could be staying at some resort, hotel, or maybe went to a kind of event. Also, the arm muscules are tinner than the biceps on the younger guy, so, maybe he does weight-lift, or some kind of similar exercise.

Please, correct me as soon as you can. I want to practice this.

Neko.
Koneko18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Rubin0
FFR Player

Edit: Oops you posted, give me a sec

Do we have to go through an entire dialogue between hypothetical people talking or can I just make observations about the photo?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
Edit: Oops you posted, give me a sec

Do we have to go through an entire dialogue between hypothetical people talking or can I just make observations about the photo?
Just observations/deductions/thoughts in any form you want. The opening dialogue is to give you an example of what I mean by "deducing" something.

I can then tell people how right/wrong they are after the fact. Feel free to post your own pics, too.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-18-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

my left or their left
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Your left
Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
Rubin0
FFR Player

Here I go: Guy on the left is a complete tool. He is the kind of guy that enters into a 5k even though he isn't in great shape and is the only guy wearing the 5k event shirt. You can tell this because of the pin he is wearing. He is definitely on some sort of vacation and is at some sort of event or land mark that was giving out pins at the door, sort of like the event that he got his livestrong bracelet from. If I had to guess, it looks like they are at some sort of Native American landmark. He apparently thinks he can skateboard, but if I had to guess, I would say probably not. He is kind of heavy and looks kind of big for someone who would be able to skateboard well. The guy next to him is either an embarrassed friend or someone who he thinks is his friend. And he is wearing sunglasses to protect his eyes from the sun, it obviously a hot and sunny day, except he actually thought those sunglasses were cool and he thinks he looks good. He is what everyone thinks of when they think of a stereotypical American, loud, boisterous, sometimes funny, but usually not, and always awkward.

Last edited by Rubin0; 02-18-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Rubin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega

He is also likely a homosexual due to his overly "bro-like" arm around the shoulder advance on the unsuspecting and yet wary younger male on the man's left. It is possible that the man is his father, as their ages look roughly mid-late 40's and maybe late teens-early 20's. In this case this scenario is the first glance of open male-on-male incest because the father decides it is time for his son to enter into the "bro" kingdom, enhances by the skating tee and khaki shorts. If this is the man's SON then the mother must be HIDEOUS, because the young boy is a HELLSPAWN.
S>(M>H).
Old 02-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
Rubin0
FFR Player

Not gay, just obnoxious.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Rubin0 pretty much correct on all counts (minor edit -- they're at Disneyland)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
Rubin0
FFR Player

That was fun.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Feel free to post more pics of your own guys
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
Rubin0
FFR Player

I have a picture I would love people to analyze but I feel like it will come back to haunt me.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #16
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

go for it
Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
Rubin0
FFR Player

Is it me or can you no longer copy and save other people's facebook pictures?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I usually have to open the picture by right clicking + open as new tab (that way it doesn't pop up in that lame new black border thing, but its own page)
Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
Rubin0
FFR Player

Edit: deleted, sorry lost your window of opportunity

Last edited by Rubin0; 02-18-2011 at 03:39 PM..
Rubin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Is this a parody on bat deduction haha
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote