MAD17
The MU Champs Version

36 HOUR DAY PHASES
12 HOUR NIGHT PHASES
[Subject to change in case this time schedule doesn't work]

ROLES
13x Town
4x Mafia

Of the following 18 roles, 1 will randomly be discarded and the other 17 will be assigned at random to one player in the game without regard for the player's alignment. Each role is restricted to using its action only on the nights listed on the chart. The Mafia will be told which role is not present in the game.

Watcher: Learns who visited the target, but not what actions they did

Alignment Cop: Learns whether the target is town or mafia, but not their role

Vigilante: Kills the target

Doctor: Protects the target from kills on that night only (cannot self-protect)

Tracker: Learns who the target visited, but not what actions they did

Roleblocker: Prevents the target from using their action on that night only

Jailkeeper: Performs both a Doctor and Roleblocker action on the target, both protecting and blocking them (cannot self-protect)

Role Cop: Learns the role of the target, but not whether they are town or mafia

Jack of All Trades: Can use one of their abilities per night without repeats

Voyeur: Learns what type of actions were performed on the target, but not who did them

Macho: The player cannot be protected from kills

Strongman: Kills performed with Strongman cannot be stopped in any way (serves no purpose if the player is town)

Ninja: Night actions performed on the night that Ninja is used are invisible to investigative roles (Trackers, Watchers, and Voyeurs)

MECHANICS
  • Role reveals at death are alignment only. You will not learn a player's exact role when they die.
  • Usage of night actions is optional, but unused actions will be lost.
  • Mafia factional kills are optional. Mafia may submit a factional kill each night, but are not required to. However, starting night 5, the factional kill will be mandatory.
  • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
  • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
  • Mafia members may perform the faction kill in addition to their regular action at the same time.

Role PMs
Please go to this page to find the exact wording of the Role PMs: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers

FAQ [Specifics for this setup]

Q: What changes to the setup have been made since the practice games?

A: The Roleblocker role has been split into two roles, creating 18 total. One role will randomly be excluded from the setup, and the Mafia will be told which one it is. Also, both Tracker roles have gained Strongman modifiers.

Q: What does Cycle mean?

A: Cycle is Modbot terminology for the night(s) on which a role can act. This is an example of how some roles might appear in Role PMs and Role Cop investigations:

Jack of All Trades (x1 Doctor, x1 Jailkeeper, x1 Voyeur) | Cycle 1, 2, 3
Doctor | Cycle 2, 4
Alignment Cop | x1 Ninja | Cycle 2
Macho Watcher | Cycle 1

Q: What do the Voyeur results look like?

A: The Voyeur sees the type of action performed on the target, but not the exact action. Modbot groups the actions into four categories: Protection (Doctor), Manipulative (Roleblocker, Jailkeeper), Killing (Vigilante, Mafia Faction Kill), and Investigative (all others). The Voyeur does not see their own action in their results. This is a sample results PM: "theknightsofneeee had Manipulative, Investigative, Killing done to them."

Q: What is the order of operations? What happens if a roleblocker targets a roleblocker?

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
Roleblocks
Jails
Doctors
Bodyguards
Kills
Investigations
Backups

However, there is one important clarification: the order of operations lists Strongman Kills first because they are immune to blocks, and regular kills are listed ahead of investigative actions because investigative roles can witness killing actions, but this only means that the target is marked for death before other actions are processed. No deaths actually occur until after all actions have been processed. In other words, dying at night never stops a player's action from happening.

The other important pieces of information are that Roleblockers act before Jailkeepers and that those roles are capable of blocking another player who attempts to use the same action.

Q: Can Mafia players target their teammates with night actions?

A: Yes. The Mafia's faction kill cannot be used on a member of their own team, but all other actions (including Vigilante kills) may be used on members of their own team.

Q: Can Doctors and Jailkeepers self-target in order to protect themselves?

A: No.

Q: Which roles can self-target?

A: Only Watchers.

Q: Are the Strongman and Ninja actions limited only to the nights listed on the chart?

A: No. If a player is Mafia, they may use their Strongman or Ninja ability on any night.

Q: Can players be investigated while they are jailkept?

A: Yes. Jailkeep is a combination of roleblock and doctor, neither of which prevent investigations on the target.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Quote:
Your action on Player A was received.
Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Quote:
Your action on Player B did not return any results.
Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Quote:
Player C did not visit anyone.
Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Quote:
Player D was not visited by anyone.
Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Quote:
Player E is Town
Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Quote:
Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I

YoshL

TWG Tribal Council (i swear this will have nice gfx)

48/24 day/night

During the day, people vote as normal.

top 2 lynch candidates (in tie cases for 2nd, each tied person becomed included in the pool) will be added to the nightly lynch pool.

During the night, the lynch pool will be privately voted for. the person with most votes dies. (no thread talk)

if there is a tie vote, a 24 hour twilight phase occurs, where unless one of the two is unanimously decided upon by the others, a kill will be randomed from the non-pool players (thread talk on)

wolves during the night may name a player, and their guess as to who that player will vote for in the lynch pool. if they are correct, that player will die. if the player does not vote and are targetted by wolves, they will die.
=====

night votes will be made by using an image editor and writing a name on a template that i provide (survivor style) and the images will be revealed at the start of the day phase.
=====

items (all nightly use)

vote steal - use on a person to steal their nightly vote. (no announcement)

blooming idol - use on any person, and on the following night, if that person is in the vote pool, will nullify all votes cast towards that person (recipient will be revealed after nullification, if applicable)

chopping block - use on any person, and upon reaching next night, they will be forced into the vote pool along with the top 2 (no reveal)

-----

these items will be given to one town each. if used, a member of the wolf team will gain the item. if the person holding the item dies by vote, one of the voters by random will receive the item. if the person holding the item dies by wolf, the wolf will receive the item.

in addition, anyone can risk your nightly vote to attempt to nullify an item usage, by naming the person, and which item theyre using. if correct, you will nullify and take that item for yourself. if incorrect, you lose your nightly vote.

=====

3 w 10 t
ootc - off
wolves have full chat all phases
kitb - read setup pls
posting minimum - hidden, but exists and is very arbitrary, and will probably fluctuate from phase to phase, but will modkill tbh

-----

i wrote this on my phone pls dont judge if i missed stuff

thefansun

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Redux (ITS NOT RADIANT DAWN)

There is a tl;dr of this OP located at the bottom of this post.

48 Hour Day Phases, 24 Hour Night Phases. Final 7 onwards will change to 24 Hour Day Phases, 24 Hour Night Phases. This game has a Day Start. Phases will revolve around 10 PM Server (Central) Time. Night phases may be expedited as necessary.

The Minimum Posts Per Phase is 10 (This may be relaxed in the case of early instas). The Maximum Posts Per Phase is 200 (The Maximum Posting Restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD). For each post that a player makes above 200 before 2 hours before EOD, an additional vote will be cast on them passively.

Players who do not meet the minimum posts per day phase will be replaced. If no replacement can be found, the player will be modkilled.

Cardflips: On, Full Role Flips (Some information may be redacted.)
KitB: On
Phantoms: Off
Instalynch: On
No-Lynch/No-Kill: On, cannot be done in consecutive day/night phases
OOTC: Off (Private chats will have 24/7 communication)
Nighttalk: Off (Private chats will have 24/7 communication)

The game will have events if there are at least 20 players. The game will have ITAs if there are at least 20 players.

The game will have a 24 hour pre-pregame phase (yes). Only a few role PMs will be sent out at this time.

The game will also require a 24 hour pregame confirmation phase. All players will be required to message me their role, as well as any additional information. Any player with a private chat may discuss whatever they wish in the private chat at this time.

I will PM this to all players when they signup, but this game will have a role that requires a lot of effort in order to reap potential rewards. If you do not want to have to put in a lot of effort to this game, please message me such before the game begins and I will take your name off of the rand-list for this role.

Having a discord account is required for this game. Having me added as a friend on discord is required for this game. My discord info is
thesunfan #0147

All private chats must exist on discord, and discord only.

The exact number of wolves will be revealed at the beginning of the first day phase. There is, at least, one third party role.

ITAs (In Thread Attack) will occur on the second and third day phases if there were at least 20 signups. Each player will have a 15% chance to shoot another player. This is done by typing the name of another player in Purple text. Each player has a single ITA shot per day phase with ITAs.

The three results to ITA shots are:
Miss!
Hit, [Insert Player Name] has died!
Hit, [Insert Player Name] has not died!

The following is a list of all possible characters in the game. Each character has an equal chance of being rolled, and each character has an equal chance of being any alignment. Ashnard is equally as likely to be town/wolf/3p as Ike.
Ike
Titania
Marcia
Jill
Oscar
Kieran
Reyson
Tanith
Astrid
Makalov
Boyd
Lethe
Muarim
Mordecai
Soren
Ilyana
Mist
Calill
Tormod
Nephenee
Stefan
Mia
Zihark
Rhys
Volke
Sothe
Haar
Gatrie
Geoffrey
Brom
Devdan
Janaff
Elincia
Ranulf
Largo
Shinon
Tauroneo
Ulki
Bastian
Rolf
Lucia
Nasir
Ena
Ashnard
Bryce
Shihiram
Oliver
Petrine

If a player has a non-compulsive role, and does not submit an action, their action will NOT be randed. If their action is compulsive, their actions WILL be randed.

The following is a list of roles/mechanics that will not exist in the game under any circumstances:

No player will ever be revived.
No player will ever have their alignment changed after the game is rolled.
No player will ever have their win-condition changed after the game is rolled.
No player will ever be required by their role to post gimmicks or dedicate themselves to roleplay.
No player will ever have their action redirected.
No player will ever survive a lynch.
Parity works as normal.
Wolves and third parties will be at reasonable numbers. There will not, for example, be 10 wolves, 5 towns and 5 third parties in the 20 player version of this game.
No player will ever be killed during the night phase, during the first hour of the day phase, or during the last hour of the day phase, excepting any potential modkills.
No player will ever be silenced by another role, or given a minimum/maximum number of posts that they must make in a phase.
No Role can directly determine, through role actions, the character name of another player.
No role will ever be unable to communicate in a private chat as a result of a role action.
No player can ever be saved/roleblocked by the same role two nights in a row.
Should there be no third parties remaining alive/in the game, such will be announced.

There will be no:
Fools
Redirecting Roles (Bus-drivers, transporters, redirectors, lightning rods)
Voodoo Ladies
Bingo Roles
Roles that win by convincing town to sleep
Dreamers
Any Role that flips anything other than what it actually is, or forces any other role to flip as something other than what it actually is
Role Theives/Mimics
Lost Wolves
Wish-Granters
Princesses
Tree Stumps
Oracles
Bombs
Vanillizers
No role interferes with ITAs in any way
Daredevils/Samurai

Should an Innocent Child exist that can reveal their Innocence whenever they choose, then beneath this spoiler tag is the image that they may use to prove their Innocence. Any role other than an Innocent Child that posts this image will be modkilled, with further punishment.

tl;dr
Fire Emblem Mystery Game that is a do-over of my first one.
Events and ITAs will exist if there are at least 20 signups.
Not a bunch of bullshit wrt roles/mechanics.
Min posts per phase is 10, Max is 200 (the Max restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD).
Character names are NAI.
There is a high-effort role. If you do not want to be this high-effort role, please message me such before the game is rolled and I will take you off of the list for that role.
The exact # of wolves will be revealed at the start of the first day phase. It will be a reasonable number.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:13 AM   #2
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: TWG 188: Voting Thread

I'm kinda tempted to vote for Sunfan's game...But YoshL's seems just as exciting and fun too!

fuck it. Sunfanx2

YoshLx1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:14 AM   #3
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

I think I did that right (each person gets three votes iirc)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 07-23-2019, 02:36 AM   #4
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I loved The Fire Emblem games we've had in the past but there's no way I can morally support a game that's has a max post limit my dude

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:39 AM   #5
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

I don't see anyone posting over 200 times per phase lmfao, but that's just me
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-23-2019, 03:21 AM   #6
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
I loved The Fire Emblem games we've had in the past but there's no way I can morally support a game that's has a max post limit my dude
I don't think anyone aside from a very small set of people has hit more than 200 posts in a phase normally

I can get rid of it if people want tho

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #7
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Unless your spamming it up, or are posting literally every moment, you won't reach that limit, trust me.

Speaking of, how are you going to enforce it? Day 1 seems easy, but after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #8
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Unless your spamming it up, or are posting literally every moment, you won't reach that limit, trust me.

Speaking of, how are you going to enforce it? Day 1 seems easy, but after that?
its actually incredibly easy to enforce; I'll take a screenshot of everyone's postcount at the end of each day phase and use it for reference.

each vote you make from post 201 onward counts as a vote against yourself so if you go too far over the limit, you can insta yourself

before that though, I'd just ask people to not go over the limit if they're coming up on it though

and, of course, the limit is lifted before the last 2 hours before end of day

Old 07-23-2019, 10:16 AM   #9
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Do you also need to know 3extensive FE lore to do events in this game?

I recall last time that was an issue...

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Do you also need to know 3extensive FE lore to do events in this game?

I recall last time that was an issue...
0 fe knowledge is exactly equal to being the biggest FE fan in the world

I received the criticism of events last time and, while events might sometimes be FE themed, no part of the game will require or reward fe knowledge, including events

Old 07-23-2019, 11:55 AM   #11
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

i know very little about FE and still wrecked the quiz show tbh lmao

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Charu X3

I still dislike posting reqs and sunfan's is even more lame than normal.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #13
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
i know very little about FE and still wrecked the quiz show tbh lmao
all answers were google-able, but I get that people don't like that

Old 07-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #14
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Charu X3

I still dislike posting reqs and sunfan's is even more lame than normal.
if you mean posting mins, that surprises me
if you mean posting maxes, that also surprises me

what bothers you about them?
EDIT: Like I said, I can do away with them, this is not something that is set in stone

Last edited by the sun fan; 07-23-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 07-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #15
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Think of it this way.

You're only allowed 200 posts per day phase.

Each day phase at start is 48 hours

That's 2880 minutes.

Minus 120 minutes since post restriction is lifted 2 hours before EoD.

On average, if you were to post every 14 minutes during the entire day phase with no rest and no breaks, you would comfortably hit this mark before the 2 hour lift begins.

If you factor in the time you're not available (work, sleep, ect), then it's perfectly reasonable to think you'll have AT LEAST 40 posts to just spam or do one-liners if you fancy that. Maybe even more if you're super busy or just don't feel like posting at all.

Take it from me, Xel (and anyone else expressing concern). The 200 post limit won't be reached unless the player is specifically spamming the thread constantly.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #16
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Source: My subbing of the MU Champs game

There was a post restriction there, and only ONE person reached it, and a mechanic there was similarly put in place where the restriction is lifted for the last 2 hours.

That ONE person hit it at like... 30 minutes until the restriction was lifted.

The restriction, by the way, was 175 posts. A bit of a stricter one.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #17
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

charu x3

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:16 PM   #18
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Oh yeah

So I don't know if anyone has noticed, but my game is gonna be using a bit of a faster time than usual.

36 hour day phases and 12 hour night phases.

Due to the nature of this, the start of the day phase will 99% likely be in the morning, unless you guys really don't want that. In which case I'll put it at the standard 48/24 that we all know and love.

Most likely of thinking of 10AM (SERVER TIME) SoD and 10PM (SERVER TIME) EoD's. I can bump this earlier if enough players want, but I can't go later than 10PM (SERVER TIME).

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:

Last edited by Charu; 07-23-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 07-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #19
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Yoshlx2
Charux1

If your game wins Yoshl TWG Jeff Probst can send you the vote template he used

He also may or may not have a stash of Real Jeff Probst gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:22 PM   #20
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

The Sun Fan X3

Min posting few absolutely a must in my book. Make it 20 as far as I care

Maximum I don't like on principle that people here don't post enough as is except for the 5 examples that spring to your head while reading this....and we don't play 5 player games.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote