Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
GuilesTheme
Banned

Default Guiles Theme (help me improve this file)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqmu1p...27s_Theme2.zip

I only care about 1 thing right now and that's making this the best guile's theme file there will ever be!

Last edited by GuilesTheme; 05-19-2017 at 06:59 PM..
GuilesTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Guiles Theme (help me improve this file)

Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #3
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Old 05-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #4
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

you have your work cut out for you
Old 05-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
GuilesTheme
Banned

come on guys prtypls
Old 05-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

The Guile theme deleted all my files and asks me to pay $300 to get them back, is this normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #7
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Uhh... Who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #8
GuilesTheme
Banned

blarghsnarf
Old 05-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #9
JOTATELLO
FFR Player

i cant downlord stuff from mega
can you upload it from mediafire or another site plz?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
GuilesTheme
Banned

sure bro updated op
Old 05-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #11
JOTATELLO
FFR Player

LOL too many jumps but great chart
Good job.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #12
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

guile that was a really good file, i dont know if any of us can really add to it. maybe a couple minor parts could use some minor improvements but it was really good man. hard, but good.
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #13
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher View Post
guile that was a really good file, i dont know if any of us can really add to it. maybe a couple minor parts could use some minor improvements but it was really good man. hard, but good.
Sigh ofc you go the easy route of not actually adding anything
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #14
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

is the bpm 120? please tell me it's 120.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #15
GuilesTheme
Banned

Iirc it's 117 close enough!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #16
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Should I be scared to look at this? I MIGHT... but I also don't want to have a heart attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:14 AM   #17
GuilesTheme
Banned

I just want help improving this file
Old 05-19-2017, 01:10 AM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilesTheme View Post
I just want help improving this file
Hi. Let me put my money where my mouth is. These aren't SUPER ULTRA MEGA in-depth, but they're a decent place to get you started.

I'm not super great simfile maker, so as always take 'em with a grain of salt, they're more ideas / conceptual than super fine tuning.

Sync isn't terrible, though given this song is live, it slowly drifts off. Might wanna get arrow vortex or ddream to fix it.

2.504 - your jumps work, and don't work. This one in particular should be a 16th single note with a 98th following (also a single)

Also in this section, you're missing notes to the guitars that you just charted, and TBH those would be more worth jumping than the Bass Pedal + Drum here, because the guitars are easily over powering the drums.

4.674 - you do this ascending thing with the snares that's neat but then you go back to the same jump patterns as before, then you abandon it and add hands into the mix. It's incredibly inconsistent and ruins the flow by a mile and a half.

9.141 - PR wise the guitar (8th notes wise) could be 2 3 4 and the first 32nd in this pattern is a ghost note (it doesn't exist, not sure how familiar you are so I'm only explaining this to cover bases.)

20.247 - There's tons of mini jacks in here that aren't needed. Both doing it to the guitar, and the pedal is somewhat inaccurate as it's obvious there's two bass pedal kicks (so a trill is more appropriate and this file doesn't need to be needlessly technical about bass kicks are always same column) and frankly jacking the guitar is stupid because it's always an up-down motion. AKA this would give a better feel to actually playing it, and fix the flow to not be mindlessly difficult.

21.268 - Patterning makes no sense to the scale of the guitar tbh, and I'm pretty sure those aren't 32nds but my hearing and guitars don't agree so I couldn't tell you wehat it actually is, though I would guess 24ths. Someone with better hearing would be better equipped for this though.

35.054 - you could do some cool spin patterns here instead of just 1 2 3 4 3 2 1/ AKA something more like say 1 3 2 4 2 3 could do some fun patterning.

36.075 - 52.414 - I actually like this section conceptually. Would clean the holds up in spots to end a 16th before the next one, but the hold @48.329 isn't a three note one , there's a lot more going for it than charted.

50.627 - for simplicity in patterning, and this is really only a suggestion: 1 3 2 [[13] would be more fun to hit, and less of a pattern based difficulty spike. Would also change the 32nds of a similar nature following.

52.414 - You need to clean the minijacks up to be done properly in this section. The one at say 67.349 should be more (starting from 67.221) 3 22 3 124 or some thing along that line.

The rest of the file has similar issues, and a really nasty hand / jump spam problem

However let's talk the solo @125.939 because you've really limited yourself by making the patterning too tight for the drums, and not allowing the "sick super solo" to be show cased. I'd delete this section, and rechart the whole guitar solo, without adding ANY of the drums. Allow the patterning of the guitar to take precedence over all: it overpowers everything. You want to showcase some sick PR in following the guitar best four key can. Fuck the drums here: you don't need those silly things.

THEN. Right after the faster section of the solo around say 130.024: add in the high hat, and the snare, and allow them to only be jumped to the guitar, and never to each other. There's so much more you can do with this part, by redoing it and allowing other things to take precedence based on what feels the most powerful.

Also, you should recut the MP3 (before you fix your sync ) to cut out any part you're not charting. Saves memory and looks cleaner. You left off at a great place though as a side note.

Tldr: cut the song a bit, fix your BPM drifting, fix layering, redo the solo from scratch, bear in mind you need to let parts breathe.

To figure out what I mean by "let it breathe" go find a song called S.Y.S.T.E.M. Simfile by NLVM or NVLM (I can't remember which.) and take a peek at all the difficulties. You'll see some gross spam of hands and jumps that don't let anything play nicely.

Last edited by XelNya; 05-19-2017 at 01:12 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:19 AM   #19
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

guiles it's a nice file. very challenging, which is great. my advice here would be to create new medium difficulty under the same mp3, which would give the user the option to choose either difficulty, and thus a better overall file. anyone that enjoyed the chart as much as i did probably wouldn't mind some mines thrown in there too hehe

Last edited by Travis_Flesher; 05-19-2017 at 02:08 AM..
Travis_Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #20
GuilesTheme
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Hi. Let me put my money where my mouth is. These aren't SUPER ULTRA MEGA in-depth, but they're a decent place to get you started.

I'm not super great simfile maker, so as always take 'em with a grain of salt, they're more ideas / conceptual than super fine tuning.

Sync isn't terrible, though given this song is live, it slowly drifts off. Might wanna get arrow vortex or ddream to fix it.
fixed this so it's a bit more on sync, was just one scroll wheel tic in ddream off from the correct bpm
2.504 - your jumps work, and don't work. This one in particular should be a 16th single note with a 98th following (also a single)
changed this to the best of my understanding i also noticed one 96th a bit later that i added too that is consistent with the one you point out
Also in this section, you're missing notes to the guitars that you just charted, and TBH those would be more worth jumping than the Bass Pedal + Drum here, because the guitars are easily over powering the drums.
changed this to the best of what it sounds like you say

4.674 - you do this ascending thing with the snares that's neat but then you go back to the same jump patterns as before, then you abandon it and add hands into the mix. It's incredibly inconsistent and ruins the flow by a mile and a half.
I removed most of the hands this time around in the file overall, thus lowering the clutter in the file, hopefully it plays more smoothly
9.141 - PR wise the guitar (8th notes wise) could be 2 3 4 and the first 32nd in this pattern is a ghost note (it doesn't exist, not sure how familiar you are so I'm only explaining this to cover bases.)
changed this i think i got what you were saying
20.247 - There's tons of mini jacks in here that aren't needed. Both doing it to the guitar, and the pedal is somewhat inaccurate as it's obvious there's two bass pedal kicks (so a trill is more appropriate and this file doesn't need to be needlessly technical about bass kicks are always same column) and frankly jacking the guitar is stupid because it's always an up-down motion. AKA this would give a better feel to actually playing it, and fix the flow to not be mindlessly difficult.
removed all the minijacks in favor of a trill, not entirely sure if i nailed this section as best as it can be, it's weird to step for
21.268 - Patterning makes no sense to the scale of the guitar tbh, and I'm pretty sure those aren't 32nds but my hearing and guitars don't agree so I couldn't tell you wehat it actually is, though I would guess 24ths. Someone with better hearing would be better equipped for this though.
i changed the 32nds to 24ths, removed the hands and put most of them as ascending pr guitar bits
35.054 - you could do some cool spin patterns here instead of just 1 2 3 4 3 2 1/ AKA something more like say 1 3 2 4 2 3 could do some fun patterning.
looks weird to me, but i put it in
36.075 - 52.414 - I actually like this section conceptually. Would clean the holds up in spots to end a 16th before the next one, but the hold @48.329 isn't a three note one , there's a lot more going for it than charted.
shortened the freezes, and tried something for the one at 48.329, i wasn't too sure what else i was supposed to hear there but maybe that's right?
50.627 - for simplicity in patterning, and this is really only a suggestion: 1 3 2 [[13] would be more fun to hit, and less of a pattern based difficulty spike. Would also change the 32nds of a similar nature following.
changed these
52.414 - You need to clean the minijacks up to be done properly in this section. The one at say 67.349 should be more (starting from 67.221) 3 22 3 124 or some thing along that line.
changed this section to follow your example the best i could
The rest of the file has similar issues, and a really nasty hand / jump spam problem
tried to clean up the rest in accordance to the similar section before hand and uncluttered a lot of hand/jumps
However let's talk the solo @125.939 because you've really limited yourself by making the patterning too tight for the drums, and not allowing the "sick super solo" to be show cased. I'd delete this section, and rechart the whole guitar solo, without adding ANY of the drums. Allow the patterning of the guitar to take precedence over all: it overpowers everything. You want to showcase some sick PR in following the guitar best four key can. Fuck the drums here: you don't need those silly things.
done and done
THEN. Right after the faster section of the solo around say 130.024: add in the high hat, and the snare, and allow them to only be jumped to the guitar, and never to each other. There's so much more you can do with this part, by redoing it and allowing other things to take precedence based on what feels the most powerful.
recharted now, trying to keep with PR
Also, you should recut the MP3 (before you fix your sync ) to cut out any part you're not charting. Saves memory and looks cleaner. You left off at a great place though as a side note.
i feel this one is a bit more personal preference, i'll cut it later on though it might mess up the sync for now
Tldr: cut the song a bit, fix your BPM drifting, fix layering, redo the solo from scratch, bear in mind you need to let parts breathe.

To figure out what I mean by "let it breathe" go find a song called S.Y.S.T.E.M. Simfile by NLVM or NVLM (I can't remember which.) and take a peek at all the difficulties. You'll see some gross spam of hands and jumps that don't let anything play nicely.
i only know the oni difficulty of that file, i like to try and have a broad view on what is a good or bad sim, system is pretty decent for a jack practice file, but the fact the hardest part is the ending long jack kinda ruins it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Okay I'm a little more anal than most people when it comes to making files so, as always, I'll give a fair shot at it... I'm at work atm so I can't exactly review the ENTIRE file but here's what I have going for you for the first 20 seconds
looking forward to it! check out the new download in this post, maybe you'll agree with most of the changes but there's always room for improvement so please feel free to assist thank you!
05.439s-06.971s: See that quarter note you have above the freeze? you could move that to a 1 as opposed to a 2, that way the 8th note you have before the quarter will be the same as they would both be related to the snare
very good point changed
10.545s-11.056s- non-existent 8th note, remove that
i hear a faint sound, but it plays better without the 8th i think? removed it
12.587s-13.098s- same as above
same
13.098s-13.609s- Okay I'm a little confused here... are you going with the guitar or the drums in this section here? if you want consistency I'd remove the 24ths for the guitar as earlier you've been going with the drums and guitar as layering. That bit I agree with as I'd do the same thing because it works and, well, they're the only two instruments that stand out. if you want to use the guitar remove the 16th/32nd drum bit and finish the guitar lick with 4/3/2/1. so you'd have 24ths going 1/2/3/4/3/2/1 then the next measure.
i changed the file to match this example, i think i get what you were getting at
16.417s-19.736s: this long freeze is understandable however it can be replaced with the drum build going 2/3/2/3/2/3 then layer in the quarter bass kick as a 1. that would improve the overall flow of the song because there's not a pregnant pause between sections.
changed it to this
I'll review the whole file when I get home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher View Post
guiles it's a nice file. very challenging, which is great. my advice here would be to create new medium difficulty under the same mp3, which would give the user the option to choose either difficulty, and thus a better overall file. anyone that enjoyed the chart as much as i did probably wouldn't mind some mines thrown in there too hehe
added medium difficulty my original file is on heavy and the revised version on medium, this should be nice for seeing how the file is coming along as well
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iqmu1p...27s_Theme2.zip