Default Re: League of Legends

dominion is going to completely destroy the community for about a month
they simply will not be able to handle it
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #983
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Either Dominion is going to be the new "official" LoL (which Riot seems to really be pushing for?) or it will become another 3v3 nobody-cares-subcommunity within a week.

Either way drama

Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #984
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

3v3 was never good anyway
Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #985
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

I personally like 3v3s better I don't have the skills for 5v5
Old 08-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #986
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrgreen View Post
i personally like 3v3s better i don't have the skills for 5v5
lmfao

lmfao

wooooooow

lmfao

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #987
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRGreen View Post
I personally like 3v3s better I don't have the skills for 5v5
how in the **** can you stand typing like that
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #988
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

i mean seriously, shits ridiculous
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #989
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

god damn that pisses me off and i dont know why
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #990
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yeah 3v3s take literally no skill. Pick Jax as fast as possible, rush Gunblade, wreck.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:26 AM   #991
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
how in the **** can you stand typing like that
I'm rainbow man and im bored
Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #992
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
Yeah 3v3s take literally no skill. Pick Jax as fast as possible, rush Gunblade, wreck.
Jax is picked a lot, and I kill Jax repeatedly every chance I get with Singed >_> (I love bad Jax players with an inability to realize I haven't popped my ult yet, and then I do and the epiphany kicks in. Realizing they can't kill me they then try to run and hilarious futility ensues (cue laugh hotkey)).

If Jax is good though and has a good team composition he's pretty annoying though, yeah (Damn that Nunu. Alternatively, that Warwick. F that guy).

I fail to see how 3v3s require 'no skill' though. A different skill set than 5v5? Certainly, though not really that different IMO.

I like 3v3s, because the pacing is better. Summoners rift is fun, and I really like playing Ashe, but I can't really do anything for the first 20-25 minutes other than farm and pick off people that are out of position with my arrow, meanwhile hoping my teammates aren't feeding morons.

I should really just buy Brand or someone so I can mid every time.

Last edited by Reach; 08-19-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #993
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

you might as well learn annie for that purpose since she's 450 now
Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #994
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
Yeah 3v3s take literally no skill.
If anything they take more, since the responsibility distribution is higher -- you're 1/3 of the victory, up from 1/5.

Yet what you're saying resonates with my intuition and I don't know why. I think that's because suckier players tend to play 3v3 and because the game is not balanced around 3v3 so it's less complicated.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #995
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
If anything they take more, since the responsibility distribution is higher -- you're 1/3 of the victory, up from 1/5.

Yet what you're saying resonates with my intuition and I don't know why. I think that's because suckier players tend to play 3v3 and because the game is not balanced around 3v3 so it's less complicated.
Is it really less complicated? To me it just seems different.

The players I face are really not worse than those I've played with on summoners rift, so I'm guessing there's a cap to this (good level 30 players probably don't play this much at all).

Actually, after I went on a 10 game winning streak I've been facing smurfed arranged teams on this map who were brutally good, 10x better than anything I've seen on SR so far, though, I haven't won as much on SR because of idiots.

You can do some pretty fun things in 3v3. Probably one of my favorites is to bait the team into trying to gank me on bottom by overextending as Singed after I'm built quite tanky, pop the ult, run through their base and out the other side into the jungle where team is waiting and we ace them.

The only champs I don't want to see are, Mordes, Nunus, Warwicks and Mundos if I'm Singed, since they really don't like dying.

Last edited by Reach; 08-19-2011 at 10:44 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #996
JmanRock
Banned

Anyone play Teemo? I love laying mushrooms down every time the CD is up
Old 08-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #997
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

3v3's have a different meta, it's not necessarily easier or harder

the reason why a lot of people don't play on it often is because they understand the higher skill cap of 5v5's, and enjoy the atmosphere of the teamfights on summoner's rift more. in addition, 3v3 isn't balanced. having to ban/pick the same champions every game (once you reach the level) makes the game kind of tedious to play

Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #998
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
3v3's have a different meta, it's not necessarily easier or harder

the reason why a lot of people don't play on it often is because they understand the higher skill cap of 5v5's, and enjoy the atmosphere of the teamfights on summoner's rift more. in addition, 3v3 isn't balanced. having to ban/pick the same champions every game (once you reach the level) makes the game kind of tedious to play
What do you think some of the best team compositions are? I'm curious.

Is 5v5 really *that* much different though? 5v5 is hardly 'balanced'. There's more versatility because it's 5v5. There are more combinations. However, setups at high ELO play are pretty standard right now (ap mid ad bot support bot sustain top jungle), and some champions are objectively better than others. Orianna and GP bans are almost universal right now because they're invincible in their respective positions (and if not banned will certainly go punished), and Brand and Orianna are OP mid. Udyr (if not top), Fiddle, GP and Nocturne are almost always best Jungle picks, and Ashe/Cait/Vayne + Support bottom is super standard. Is banning Singed, Nunu, Morde and Mundo and then having people insta pick champions like Jax, Alistar and Warwick really that different?

I think there's a bit of a design flaw on the 3v3 map though and it's the only problem I have with it right now. I've been running into it a lot lately against good teams. It's the nexus tower. Usually when you are winning and you take an inhib the other team will instantly surrender (phew), but when it's closer often they won't and the nexus tower is obnoxious, for many reasons.

It gives a huge defenders advantage. It mostly has to do with the fountain position and how easy this tower is to defend. If anyone that is remotely tanky with any sort of CC (Someone like Alistar or Singed are very good) has not been killed, they can hold this tower by themselves for long enough for their mates to respawn, forcing a retreat. You can't force a full team fight there unless you're dominating, in which case we wouldn't have this problem in the first place, because you then risk the Ace and then you could very well lose. Because the fountain is literally 1 second from the tower, and CC champions can threat a knock into the obelisk if you dive too hard, it's way too easy to defend this tower with even 1 person alive.

Sure, you can Jungle while they clean up, but if defended correctly in a non-ace situation, there's almost no way to take the tower down, which makes the match incredibly long and tedious from there out. Competent teams know this, so they can sit in their base indefinitely and just defend until their inhibitor(s) respawn, especially late game when they don't need anymore farm.

I really think either 1. The tower should be removed (First to lose inhibitor usually loses anyway on this map, but this could be badly abused so probably not), 2. The fountain obelisk should be removed (This is a serious pain on this map. Allowing fountain dives would easily fix this problem. A match was literally prolonged another 15 minutes because Alistar managed to Flash + Pulv + Headbutt me into the Obelisk), or 3. Rearrange the base areas so the tower is farther and harder to defend from the fountain position, like on SR (seems reasonable).

Yeah...

Last edited by Reach; 08-19-2011 at 10:10 PM..
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #999
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
What do you think some of the best team compositions are? I'm curious.

Is 5v5 really *that* much different though? 5v5 is hardly 'balanced'...
Most games do use standard setups, but there have been quite a few games where the teams use a non-standard composition. Regardless though, even though a few champions are really strong, there are still countless different strategies that can be done, unlike 3v3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I think there's a bit of a design flaw on the 3v3 map though and it's the only problem I have with it right now. I've been running into it a lot lately against good teams. It's the nexus tower. Usually when you are winning and you take an inhib the other team will instantly surrender (phew), but when it's closer often they won't and the nexus tower is obnoxious, for many reasons.
I haven't played 3v3 in a while, but iirc you could siege that tower pretty fast if you have a clear lead and minions.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #1000
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

A clear lead and minions? Yeah, easily, since the tower itself obviously goes down quickly.

I'm talking about when it's really close, because of where the tower is relative to the fountain. It's very hard to push a small edge over that tower quickly because of it's position. This can easily drag games out to an hour, on a map where...they're supposed to be short. If the other team decides to turtle, there is not a lot you can do because you can't engage well any good team composition at their fountain that you aren't way ahead of.

My only issue is it makes games essentially as long as SR, so what's the point? haha.

In this particular game it was Singed, Orianna and Jax against Morde, Alistar and Vayne. They'd often burst down orianna or something, though, getting murdered by our triple Ult since Vayne goes down first. That would usually allow Morde the meat sack to escape, or Alistar, who was able to annoy the shit out of us attempting 2v1ing at the fountain. They lost, as expected. It just took way too long.

My build on Singed was: ninjas, ROA, Rylias, Nature, sunfire, deathcap (The extra DPS from the deathcap is ridiculous on Singed. I was already unkillable anyway. Of course, our team kinda needs some heavier AD since they can stack MR pretty easily here but hey, it was a normal >_>)

Quote:
Most games do use standard setups, but there have been quite a few games where the teams use a non-standard composition. Regardless though, even though a few champions are really strong, there are still countless different strategies that can be done, unlike 3v3.
Totally agree, but I question the 'unlike 3v3 part'. I'm by no means an expert, but are there established 'unbeatable' compositions or strategies in 3v3 (other than the obvious top tier picks, but again, those exist in 5v5 too).

Last edited by Reach; 08-19-2011 at 11:51 PM..
Closed Thread