Old 03-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #3221
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: League of Legends

Mejai's/Leviathan/Occult/Warmog's/Atma's/Deathcap on Cho is one of the funnier things you can see.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #3222
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Sometimes I really like this game. Duo Bot Fiona w/ Zil.

PS: All of their wins were in the 500 to 800 range. Boom.
PPS: IE / PD because I can. I don't advise it though.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #3223
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm guessing Anivia went afk and Shyvana fed for the lols.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #3224
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Pretty much, after we legitimately raped bot and took their turret 5:30 in the game.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #3225
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
...NEVER?

I remember one game I rushed Occult on Tryndamere into BT into PD.

It was something like 15 minutes in and I had enough kills for full stacks. Some one on the other team noted that I had over 300 AD already after I killed him in two hits.

Two proceeded to AFK and they didn't have enough votes to surrender. It was fun.

8)

(It was a 2v1 lane top and they both derped, fed me like 4 kills early, so I bought occult and then things got out of hand).
well my general view is any game you buy a stack item in and win is a game you would have won regardless (and the gold you put into a stack item would have almost invariably been better invested in building toward a t3 item)

i guess trynd is a bit different situation because of his ult and his somewhat limited requirement item-wise for facesmashage but you could have gone bf and rushed a 13 minute ie for equivalent hilarity.

basically >>imo<< the only way you can justify the cost of a stack item is if you are 100% sure you can reach and retain the 20 stack bonus to offset the stalling of a t3 item. then again if that's the situation you are in you can pretty much build whatever you want (i mean i've won games playing ss/abyssal/dfg xin so yea)

the only argument for buying stack items is when you're playing against players so far below your skill levels that after 10 minutes or so the entire enemy team just isn't giving any gold

then it's kinda necessary

actually there's one more situation in which i would approve of stax

This actually happened to me, I was playing sona back when locket was still in the game so I lived through every fight and picked up a couple kills here and there, primarily because the team's carries were completely inept. Actually the entire team was inept so every fight was trading 4 for 2 or 1. Anyway I was constantly buying wards after my locket but it didn't matter because I swear to god these people had post-it notes over their ****ing minimaps. So I just said **** it, stopped buying wards, saved up for an ss, gained 12 stacks over the course of a bunch of lost teamfights and started to actually keep my team alive during fights no matter how idiotically they initiated them. So after like 20 more minutes of slowly gaining ground in teamfights we end up winning.

tl;dr if you have 0 chance of winning via conventional means buy stacks and pray
Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #3226
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

Zilean/Fiora are the most annoying combination of free week champions I've seen in a while
Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #3227
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
well my general view is any game you buy a stack item in and win is a game you would have won regardless (and the gold you put into a stack item would have almost invariably been better invested in building toward a t3 item)
You're definitely right about the first point. The second point is also true, though you can achieve a higher DPS faster with a stack item if you're getting fed.

I was saying what I said mostly in jest; obviously it's a ridiculous scenario where I got fed and stomped a bunch of people that shouldn't have been matched against me.

I completely agree with you overall. Stacks are generally really retarded.

Quote:
Even at full stacks that occult is only getting you 100 AD. You might as well go for another BT instead, imo. I mean if you're stomping that badly, you have the money, right?
occult is way cheaper. In that scenario it's significantly more optimal time wise to go occult -> BT because you can get occult really quickly and start stacking it right away.

Try it in bots if this doesn't make sense. You'll break 300 AD way faster with occult -> BT than BT -> occult (It gets a bit stupid, actually. If you stack them fast enough with the first build you can just 2 shot all of the bots and start farming pentas. Mildly amusing, though)

But uh yeah, it's just a stupid scenario where I was duoing with someone that wasn't very good and we got matched against people I could beat in my sleep. I went like 30-0 or something.

Last edited by Reach; 03-14-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #3228
Sinister Delight.
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Yahoo to Sinister Delight. Send a message via Skype™ to Sinister Delight.

Just having some fun ^^;

Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #3229
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

anyone who's done any kind of basic theorycrafting with items knows that the only reason snowball items are so strong is because of their cost efficiency with more stacks, not because the item itself is strong. none of the snowball items are worth keeping over a large late game item. deathcap/void staff is stronger than mejai's, BT is stronger than soto, and warmogs is stronger than leviathan. you only grab snowball items if you know you can make something out of the gold advantage early on

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #3230
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
occult is way cheaper. In that scenario it's significantly more optimal time wise to go occult -> BT because you can get occult really quickly and start stacking it right away.

Try it in bots if this doesn't make sense. You'll break 300 AD way faster with occult -> BT than BT -> occult (It gets a bit stupid, actually. If you stack them fast enough with the first build you can just 2 shot all of the bots and start farming pentas. Mildly amusing, though)

But uh yeah, it's just a stupid scenario where I was duoing with someone that wasn't very good and we got matched against people I could beat in my sleep. I went like 30-0 or something.
Yeah I've played around with stack items in bots. It works really well and you get insane dps early. But in pvp by the time I figure I can build occult and have it be worth it, it's too late and I'd rather have a bloodthirster. There are so many items that are better than occult for an AD carry. To me, zerk greaves/BT/IE/PD are pretty much mandatory. I don't want to waste my time building an occult, even if it is cheap.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #3231
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

The one death came when I fountain-dove Teemo. XD
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #3232
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

First time xerath rololololololol that was an easy game. This guy is really fun.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #3233
vemuck
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

stargroup did u play with dyrus last night or was i seeing things on his stream
Old 03-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #3234
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

sg is in the 2000 range iirc

There are like maybe 500 players around that level and above, not all of which are online simultaneously. The number of concurrent games with players at that elo is maybe 5-6 (i'm really just pulling numbers outta my ass here) at peak and at least 2-3 of those games will have a high profile streamer playing in them. You tend to see the same names coming up over and over again after a while.

tl;dr yea it was him but it's not really a big deal since 95% of the players at the 2k elo level have been featured on at least one (the likely scenario is many and somewhat frequently) stream
Old 03-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #3235
bluguerrilla
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Was he Heimer? Or Janna (boooooooooring).
Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #3236
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
sg is in the 2000 range iirc

There are like maybe 500 players around that level and above, not all of which are online simultaneously. The number of concurrent games with players at that elo is maybe 5-6 (i'm really just pulling numbers outta my ass here) at peak and at least 2-3 of those games will have a high profile streamer playing in them. You tend to see the same names coming up over and over again after a while.

tl;dr yea it was him but it's not really a big deal since 95% of the players at the 2k elo level have been featured on at least one (the likely scenario is many and somewhat frequently) stream
aren't you at the 2k range as well
Old 03-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #3237
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

damb i had some huge ass post about how janna can be interesting to watch if you know what to look for but #1 africanets gets it lost so w.e

anyway yea both my bro and i are 2k+ and have been since season 1, nick is up in that range too

it's not too hard to get there staying there is the hard part, there are tons of players who peak at 1950-2000 and a week later they're down to 1600 never to be heard from again
Old 03-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #3238
bluguerrilla
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

xpost but...

oh god playing with jesse perring so nervous

First game got kinda carried, that morg was freaking sick with her roots.

But Illusia sucks ass with Xerath so yeah... Plus our comp was freaking ridiculous.

Then I owned with Janna (not really, I never play Janna but I did manage to hit my q's so I was happy) our team was too strong in the MR. Denied Kat and Yi all I could...

But damn that Galio and Leona were fantastic...

Oh and Zil had a hilarious triple kill with a double bomb, instagibbed us.

Wish I had a version of LoLRecorder that worked...

But yeah it's ridiculously fun playing with people that are good at this game.

Last edited by bluguerrilla; 03-17-2012 at 05:59 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #3239
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Not really used to break 10 kills on Soraka.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 03-17-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #3240
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

irelia getting nerfed? BETTER NERF IRELIA
also you kinda have to start carrying as soraka once your lanemate is ashe