Old 10-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #241
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Also all I said was I was going to pick between inactives.

When the fuck did that turn into "Lynch Pearl"

It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #242
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I thought about mass claiming while at work yesterday but since we can't tell what roles are possible that only benefits wolves.

I thought about just claiming if you asked for a role or not. Wolves probably already have an idea since their roles are affected by how many of us ask to be blue so that information probably benefits town a little more---but in the event only 2 of us asked that straight up tells the wolves who's the strongest and who to kill so I don't really favor this plan either.

I think if town ever does claim anything it's after some tangible effects happen.
So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
During twilight and every night phase, you may also guess the total number of human blue roles and attempt to sabotage them. If you guess correctly, you will sabotage half of the human's blue roles, and you will steal one human blue role. If you guess within +-1, you will sabotage one blue role.
MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:

Quote:
Didn't see that second Roundbox post. That's quite the padded post you got there.

I think it's absolutely best if we keep mum on it for now, possibly for most of the game.
Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:53 PM   #243
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.

I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #244
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Actually, I can see how that could potentially backfire. I would say that, assuming they exist, investigations and informational abilities should absolutely be announced, roleblocks and/or protection announced if it seems relevant. Passive abilities would probably be more situational.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:59 PM   #245
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Also all I said was I was going to pick between inactives.

When the fuck did that turn into "Lynch Pearl"

It smells of ulterior motives if you ask me, and while Charu first mentioned anti pearl, it's InD's vote that smells the worst
I take full responsibilities for wanting this to happen. I don't trust their slot regardless of their alignment, and that's the absolute truth. Like right now, they have, once again, proven to me that they're not going to play again. They did though play seeing as how they're still in the game by sending SOMETHING to the host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #246
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
And I have all sorts of different feelings on sunfan right now, I like his current position on pearl, but that read could vacillate somewhat wildly as the game progresses depending on what pearl does or doesn’t do.
I can garuntee you one thing.

If they do come out of hiding and actually play, it'll be, at most, one post, and the rest would be about lamenating about how they're being targeted as an inactive.

Source: Read this game and look for Anti-Pearl's posts.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #247
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wouldn't it benefit the wolves more keeping antipearl around rather than just going for an easy d1 lynch? I was always under the assumption that trivial players are better to keep around because in later games a mislynch is harder to go by if you have solid towns remaining.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #248
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Also hi rb thank u for noticing me ^~^
Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #249
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

mml suck on that nerds
Old 10-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #250
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Wouldn't it benefit the wolves more keeping antipearl around rather than just going for an easy d1 lynch? I was always under the assumption that trivial players are better to keep around because in later games a mislynch is harder to go by if you have solid towns remaining.
In most situations, yeah. In this game, even more so, lol.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #251
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Oop, that was the wrong game

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #252
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

It was definitely this one, promise!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:17 PM   #253
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.

Sure, inactivity has been an issue recently with a number of players. But eh, I would rather read based on what is actually happening than to eliminate those who aren't up to par with participation. At this point. I only ever used to play games with no cardflips... so this is pretty normal to me. One of the reasons I wanted to play.

Anyone who is jumping on anti-pearl I am pretty weary of. I agree with manti though, that sunfan could go either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #254
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
Yeah, I am not comfortable with this anti-anti-pearl continuation from previous games. If he is going to get in trouble for lack of posts, I say let that happen and play out as it will. It is way too easy for the wolves to off anti-pearl with no need to worry about flips showing any association with one another.
Didn't you literally use Anti-Pearl's inactivity to use as a means to win the game I linked, lol?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #255
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Didn't you literally use Anti-Pearl's inactivity to use as a means to win the game I linked, lol?
Yes, lmao
Quote:
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #256
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
So unless I'm blind, no one has talked about this post much, and we really should. Because this is a dumbtell, right?

MML seems to be advocating for stating claims, and doing so would be potentially catastrophic. Obviously the wolves themselves would be aware of their own powers--so the question is whether the dumbtell is genuine or calculated. Given that roundbox sort of alluded to the sabotage issue in his prisoner's dilemma post, and MML apparently rolled right through that, I'm inclined to believe it's genuine and therefore exculpatory. MML's follow-up post:

Seems to be more or less in line with that mode of thinking; it seems to be kind of an "Oh, I see."

Having said that, I also STRONGLY disagree with the idea of only announcing info given observable effects. Any blue roles expire at the end of each phase, and everyone can request a role/non-role again that same night. Thus, one's green or blue status is not fixed, and a roleclaim the next day doesn't make a player any more likely to be targeted in the future, since all roles are fluid.

Therefore, anyone and everyone that has a role should absolutely claim what they did the next day--it provides information without enabling wolf sabotage (since the next set of requests would have already been made) or making the claimant a more likely target.
What part of that is a dumbtell?
What the fuck are you going on about?
I'm against claiming btw since that looks to be in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Both you and indy have indirectly/directly presented an avenue to remove a player from the game not due to content or fact or rationale. You have both said the equivalent of “let’s lynch antiperal because he’ll be a no show. This feels like an attempt to powerwolf through a weak town player.

What worries me more is that people think it might be a decent idea. If I read correctly we don’t get cardflips, so not knowing antipearl’s alignment when he dies gives us nothing and no one to blame on either side. It’s a waste of a day phase pursuing it and simple feels wolf driven.

I like sytho because she felt similarly about your cagey “I’ll lynch anyone under 5 posts post”

This is a lot more then I expected and I like it.

You 're wrong tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post

Sure, inactivity has been an issue recently with a number of players. But eh, I would rather read based on what is actually happening than to eliminate those who aren't up to par with participation. At this point. I only ever used to play games with no cardflips... so this is pretty normal to me. One of the reasons I wanted to play.

Anyone who is jumping on anti-pearl I am pretty weary of. I agree with manti though, that sunfan could go either way.

I fucking refuse to get to final five with 4 inactives

Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #257
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH

Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #258
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Will be back before eod

Old 10-22-2018, 07:36 PM   #259
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Everyone with that "let the host replace them" shit:

GAME TOOK FOREVER TO FILL THERE ARE LIKELY NO REPLACEMENTS READY YET THIS IS SUCH A BAD POINT TO ANGLE SHOOT WITH
oh man this one is worth 2 bingo spaces

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #260
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Yeah... I mean I don't disagree that it is fucking ridiculous that anti-pearl is so inactive. But 1 the host allowed it, fully aware it had been a problem. 2 you cant deny that now may not be the best time to get rid of them, when it is possible still there could be a sub. You don't know that he won't be replaced. And we don't know if he won't show up yet still either...

They do know the game is on though right? Who else is super inactive atm? What is with the 4 inactives bit?
Quote:
Closed Thread