Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #21
TehWhack
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach
Um

Pandemonium is 11 taps a second. Theres a massive difference xD 13 taps a second is about the absolute stream limit and you'd have to bar rape like mad. I know I can't beat BMR's A on a pad with some chair rape but its possible. It just gets rediculous once the piano gets going.
Yes, you're correct, I made a miscalculation. I still stay with my guess that 13 TPS is the limit though.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:54 PM   #22
Novacaine
Banned

has any1 beaten Omega on foot
I may be able to beat Neo Max but Omega is just in a whole nother leage
It looks like most of the steps r possible but reading and stepping them is a whole different story

so the question is has it been done?
Novacaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #23
TheDancingBoy
FFR Player

http://www.ddruk.com/postview.php?post=157872&page=3

scroll down a bit and you'll get:

N-Doh passing Beyond Abilities
N-Doh passing BMR's V (NO MISSES!)
xMandax passing Max. (Period)
Kdogg getting an A on Max 317.838 (last 2 minutes only, sorry!)Kdogg
N-Doh's 9th Dan attempt (Tomorrow Perfume , Nemesis , G2 , Classic Party Triathlon ) - gets a fair bit through G2 before failing

Page two has plasticmouse doing Segersang doubles

These are the only vids i've seen of people doing 'hard' songs, they are played on the DDX machine (basically SM stuck into an extreme) in london, england

Extra info!

BMR's A is 191 BPM. With 16th's that means the step speed is (191x4) = 764 BPM. Beyond Abilities is 224 BPM, and also has 16th's at it's fastest part, giving a step speed of (224 x 4) = 896 BPM!!!
TheDancingBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #24
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i'd rather see BMR's A... Quasar 1.3x music... things that are fairly constant and long streams at 190-200. doing short bursts at 224 wouldn't be that tough. its the endurance thats killer.

and, i don't see how max 300 vs max 317 is that big a difference... 9bpm for 16ths.

V is only 155bpm, although the patterns could be a little tricky, only 5bpm faster than max300.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:16 PM   #25
TheDancingBoy
FFR Player

yeah sure they'd be nice to see, but sadly the DDX is arcadeless atm so no more videos being made until an arcade is found for it

However, those videos are ok for people who've not seen anyone play anything other than the offical songs being played. I'm aware people can past harder things, apparently gravity has been passed a few times on the DDX but no videos of anything especially hard sadly
TheDancingBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:59 PM   #26
eVILPeeR
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVILPeeR Send a message via MSN to eVILPeeR

When I get a digital camera I will make a video of some things like this.. BMR's V is really not that hard.. I can most likely beat that score in that one vid.. and I can easily beat that Max Period score.. unless it's no CMod, then I would have to memorize the ending.
Old 12-1-2004, 12:46 AM   #27
Anuj
FFR Player

I'm suprised nobody has said anything... but NOBODY is gonna AAA quasar on foot... are you crazy? That song is faster then the fastest part of PSMO... for the ENTIRE song... Who has ACTUALLY AAA'd psmo with legitimate proof? Nobody has... jsb claimed to, but he didnt show any proof... Even if he did AAA psmo, you do realize that he would have to keep up that kind of speed for like 2 minutes... right? And Tasselfoot... quasar on 1.3x music? Apparently you've never played DDR before... That is ACTUALLY not possible... not even on 1/1... I'd try to explain in terms of PSMO again, but since not too many people here even know how fast the fast part of psmo is, and how hard it is for even the best ddr players, it would be pointless for me to say anything :P

Anuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-1-2004, 12:46 AM   #28
Nima
FFR Player

stuff like quasar 1.3 and oml aren't possible since they are fucking CONTINUOUS streams of 200+ bpm for fucking minutes and don't compare with like A and stuff... The streams in that song don't last NEAR as long and people have trouble passing. As well most other songs around those bpms that have 16ths don't have them continuous.

And you're an idiot for saying Yasu sucks... He has AAA'd all of extreme save for 1 great on psmo and has maybe the best MA (1700some marvs/69 perfects on paranoia brothers oni). Also, If you look at his memory card picture he has AAA'd max period on pad...

And especially since you don't play much on pad you shouldn't be commenting on this... Quasar wouldn't be hard to AAA? Right... Those guys couldn't do it in a few tries... It's faster than psmo... ok only 5 bpm faster but they can barely AAA that fast stream on psmo and it lasts for like 30 sec while quasars stream goes on for minutes. There is no way anyone would AAA that. When you have a better idea about it then comment.
Old 12-1-2004, 12:51 AM   #29
Anuj
FFR Player

Nima passed Voltum Stellarum on foot XD

Old 12-1-2004, 12:57 AM   #30
Nima
FFR Player

That votum score was second try and was around 180 mill :P.and in addition you are making stupid comparisons... OMG ITS FASTER THAN BMR'S A by like 1.2 TIMES... no it fucking isn't seriously. The 224bpm 16ths go on for short periods of time and are on a VERY easy pattern not on a stream they are on trills 484848484842424242426868686 which are VERY easy to do fast...
Old 12-1-2004, 09:16 AM   #31
GregHead
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to GregHead

I don't know if this rumour has any truth to it, but people were saying that The Legend of Max was going to be 400 BPM ('coincidentally' you can recreate that by playing the song at 1.2x music). Konami decided it was too hard and slowed it down

That's 13.33 steps a second, not to mention the jumps mixed in there which would really make it hard to follow.

I think this could be true because you'll notice there are no half-beat steps to jumps (or jumps to half-beat steps)... but it would really by pushing the limit. Er... try it on Stepmania and see how you do (TLOM 1.2x music)

Incidentally, Maxx Unlimited Heavy (320 BPM) has a few half-beat steps to jumps (that's a step to a jump seperated by less than a tenth of a second), and in Standard Single it even ends with two jumps that are a half-beat apart (similar to having quarter beats running at 21.33 Steps a second!) However, the jumps were both left/right so you didn't have to move like you do in the streams we're talking about.

As for streams where you actually have to move around, I personally can keep up Max 300 but not Maxx Unlimited, so I can't give a solid opinion.[/b]
Old 12-1-2004, 10:16 AM   #32
Anuj
FFR Player

Max 300 isn't continuous 8ths at 300 bpm though... if it was, it would be a lot harder

Old 12-3-2004, 05:55 PM   #33
Novacaine
Banned

YA it is U moron are you serious?
Max300 has more continous 8th note streams than like any song in the game besides max period.
Anyway I kno for a fact 11's are possible Infact ive beatin one- Neomax the one by DM ashura on the stepmania hookup. Cant beat Omega I think thats the absolute limit Its way harder than Neo max U have to be in really tip top shape to have enough energy just to finish like 3/4 of it and thats if you get that far.Id say its about a 12/13step and yes I believe it is possible tho.
Old 12-3-2004, 08:57 PM   #34
Anuj
FFR Player

You IDIOT Neomax is a PISS easy stepfile... it shouldn't even be an 11 footer... On the first day I EVER beat max 300, I A'd neomax... You cant EVEN compare quasar and neomax...

Old 12-4-2004, 02:32 AM   #35
Nima
FFR Player

neomax is piss easy... people can AAA that no problem on pad. And max300 is like 1/2 300bpm 4th and like only MAYBE 1/2 8ths which is piss easy.
Old 12-4-2004, 09:40 AM   #36
Novacaine
Banned

R u sure ur talking about the right Neo max
Theres like 4 differnet ones. ANd yea it shoud be an 11 its harde rthan PSMO.
Old 12-4-2004, 09:45 AM   #37
tsutter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsutter

Novacaine, type correctly, for Gods' sake man. Max300 isn't continuous as Anuj said, if it was it would be way harder.

Anyway, a friend of mine passed Pandemonium oni (I don't know if it's the same one you're all talking about though...it has like mines and crap and it's 13 foot)...and I don't think you could do anything much faster than that.
[02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit
tsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2004, 12:54 PM   #38
Anuj
FFR Player

Yeah tsutter... its the same one we're talking about.... Cynic A'd that on vid... long time ago...

But damn, your friend must be awesome if he passed it...

Old 12-4-2004, 10:31 PM   #39
Nima
FFR Player

people can go quite a bit faster than pandemonium oni... but not the songs you mentioned
Old 12-5-2004, 03:26 PM   #40
Novacaine
Banned

The Neo max im talking about is the one with the green background and goes 340. Its by DM ashura and it has no mines. At the beginning it slows down to like 85 or somethin and has streams of 1/32 then speeds up to 170 and 1/16ths then speeds up to 340. It has 914 steps and thats about as descriptive as I can get. and PSMO stands for
Paranoia Survivor 290 on Oni or challenge.