Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #421
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy View Post
Everyone seems to trust you and your arguments sound good.
There's a flaw in your reasoning.

Yes, everyone trusts I'm town. BECAUSE I'm town, it also means I do not have knowledge of who the wolves are. The way I see this is, the more you know someone is town, the more you know they don't know anything. I'm just shooting ideas.

If you follow my ideas blindly, you are one of two things:
- A wolf taking advantage of my ideas (because they fit your agenda)
- A lazy town

I liked you more when you were voting for gold stinger. Alas, I disagreed with your vote, but at least it showed some effort to challenge ideas (gold stinger is a hard town). You were starting to make waves.

Your tone/intent completely shifted right after my posts. It's too sudden. It's weird. It's as if you didn't believe anything when you were voting for gold stinger.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #422
ShyYoshiGuy
FFR Player
 
ShyYoshiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 0
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
wait, what happened to your gold stinger vote?
Heís close behind, but your reasoning is better than mine. My reasoningís just that his argument doesnít hold any bound.
__________________
Here to play TWG
ShyYoshiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #423
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dragonmegaXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,533
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Fair enough, I kind of assumed each thought was it’s own separate thing and weren’t necessarily connected. Just wanted to clarify.
__________________
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #424
Antori
FFR Player
 
Antori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Agadir, morocco
Age: 20
Posts: 240
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

my vote is gonna be back on goldstinger if dragon flips town cause i had gut he's wolfing
i still dont think mellon would be this inactive as wolf
__________________
"humans are allergic to happiness" -exurb1a
"the only successful prank is the one you just dont f***ing pull" - penguinz0
"Happiness is an unachievable myth peddled by those too afraid to admit that the world's default state is misery" - exurb1a

Antori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #425
Antori
FFR Player
 
Antori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Agadir, morocco
Age: 20
Posts: 240
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

thanks for the "my takeaway"s MN
__________________
"humans are allergic to happiness" -exurb1a
"the only successful prank is the one you just dont f***ing pull" - penguinz0
"Happiness is an unachievable myth peddled by those too afraid to admit that the world's default state is misery" - exurb1a

Antori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:17 PM   #426
ShyYoshiGuy
FFR Player
 
ShyYoshiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 0
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
There's a flaw in your reasoning.

Yes, everyone trusts I'm town. BECAUSE I'm town, it also means I do not have knowledge of who the wolves are. The way I see this is, the more you know someone is town, the more you know they don't know anything. I'm just shooting ideas.

If you follow my ideas blindly, you are one of two things:
- A wolf taking advantage of my ideas (because they fit your agenda)
- A lazy town

I liked you more when you were voting for gold stinger. Alas, I disagreed with your vote, but at least it showed some effort to challenge ideas (gold stinger is a hard town). You were starting to make waves.

Your tone/intent completely shifted right after my posts. It's too sudden. It's weird. It's as if you didn't believe anything when you were voting for gold stinger.
Well Ďcuz my argument doesnít sound as good in my head now, you convinced me. Though, I mean, voting for GS was just so he would explain himself, but that didnít work, so.
__________________
Here to play TWG
ShyYoshiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #427
Antori
FFR Player
 
Antori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Agadir, morocco
Age: 20
Posts: 240
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

people i think are pretty town: mellon, MN
people i think are suspect wolf: GS, dragon
__________________
"humans are allergic to happiness" -exurb1a
"the only successful prank is the one you just dont f***ing pull" - penguinz0
"Happiness is an unachievable myth peddled by those too afraid to admit that the world's default state is misery" - exurb1a

Antori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #428
ShyYoshiGuy
FFR Player
 
ShyYoshiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 0
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
If you follow my ideas blindly, you are one of two things:
- A wolf taking advantage of my ideas (because they fit your agenda)
- A lazy town
Much less lazy, much more because I have no clue what Iím doing. But I am also lazy because Iím busy.
__________________
Here to play TWG
ShyYoshiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #429
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Just realize that by voting on melloncollie you are defending her more than she could have ever hoped to do by herself, is all.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #430
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 283
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Sanzath (1)- gold stinger
Dragon (1)- Antori
Antori (1)- Dragon
raeko (2)- Mario, Shy
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #431
ShyYoshiGuy
FFR Player
 
ShyYoshiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 0
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Just realize that by voting on melloncollie you are defending her more than she could have ever hoped to do by herself, is all.
So itís a bad thing that I agree with you?
__________________
Here to play TWG
ShyYoshiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #432
ShyYoshiGuy
FFR Player
 
ShyYoshiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 0
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

It was a bad idea the last times I forgot to say I had to go, so Iím saying it now. Iíve gotta go help move.
__________________
Here to play TWG
ShyYoshiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #433
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy View Post
So itís a bad thing that I agree with you?
It's just the last thing I expected you to do. Because it challenges the way I pictured you as I was making my vote, it challenges my vote.

I'm sticking to my guns and will leave my vote here for the moment. But I don't like this situation one bit.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys should wait for melloncollie to defend herself (I know she will) before jumping on the wagon.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #434
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

In the post above I'm talking about my vote for melloncollie, sorry for the confusion d-future peeps
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #435
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 28
Posts: 36
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
I don't think gold stinger is the wolf....
But if my earlier reasoning is correct, I don't think you're wolf either.

Really, one scenario I'm seeing here that ticks all the boxes is melloncollie

* Doesn't post a lot
* Town reads everyone (she did ask Antori to defend themself, but melloncollie never made a flat-out wolf read)
* Is the most likely to tell Shadow_God to STFU in wolf chat as illustrated in my thought #2
* I can see Shadow_God reacting within 2 minutes to melloncollie telling him to STFU


(melloncollie probably didn't use the words STFU, but you get the idea)
Your first two points are fair enough, especially about not posting. I'm hoping to get better in that regard today. I'm really not town reading everybody but I get that I haven't exactly made that clear

as for your other point, your posts are a bit dense so sorry if I'm missing something

but just to be clear you think shadow's partner told him to stop trying?

even if I was a wolf I would never ever tell my partner to give up, ever. one of my biggest peeves in this game is when people self vote or otherwise give up, I think you should always try to somehow talk your way out or at least meme rather than giving up.

I'm not sure how much I buy into that theory anyway. I think it's entirely possible shadowgod just realized his position was pretty impossible and gave up on his own. I don't think he would have needed someone else to tell him he only had four minutes
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #436
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 28
Posts: 36
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy View Post
Sounds good enough. melloncollie
this post really reminds me of the antori vote I picked on earlier. obviously they can't both be wolves but they bug me for the same reason

why did one post change your mind so easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyYoshiGuy View Post
Heís close behind, but your reasoning is better than mine. My reasoningís just that his argument doesnít hold any bound.
don't you think the votes last day give us any information? what do you think about gold stinger and shadowgod voting for each other, knowing that shadow was wolf?
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #437
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 28
Posts: 36
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
my vote is gonna be back on goldstinger if dragon flips town cause i had gut he's wolfing
i still dont think mellon would be this inactive as wolf
are there any specific posts that give you that gut feeling for gold stinger?

do you think I was lying about being away for the weekend? basically, why would my activity be different based on my alignment?
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #438
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 4,995
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Just got back from work, I like what has been posted in the thread, I've read all of it, I want to post about it, but I have to go back out for about another hour or so.

tl;dr I still think we should follow the lynch order I provided, or in the situation that Raeko ends up taking the majority vote because of MN's big dick reads I am ok with swapping Raeko & Sanzath in the lynch order.

I'll post more in-depth when I get back, just going to the local bank to do some banking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #439
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
but just to be clear you think shadow's partner told him to stop trying?

even if I was a wolf I would never ever tell my partner to give up, ever. one of my biggest peeves in this game is when people self vote or otherwise give up, I think you should always try to somehow talk your way out or at least meme rather than giving up.

I'm not sure how much I buy into that theory anyway. I think it's entirely possible shadowgod just realized his position was pretty impossible and gave up on his own. I don't think he would have needed someone else to tell him he only had four minutes
You read that right. I think his "I'm outtie" post reads like there was some external intervention. I mean, just two minutes before that, he was still scrambling, trying to find anything to incriminate gold stinger.

Gold Stinger looks good, but I don't think he looks perfect. Considering at least 2 people voted/wanted to vote for him this phase, I think Shadow_God could have found something, anything, to sway them at the last second.

So we're back to square one. Either Shadow_God was told "you're going to make us lose, stop it!", or he gave up himself.

That doesn't seem like him, though. I truly read Shadow_God as someone who would fight until the end to a fault.

It's interesting that you say as a wolf partner you would never tell your partner to give up, ever. I guess I'll put on my archeologist hat and see what I can find. I don't want to, though. ugh lol
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #440
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: jTWG LXXXIV: 8 New Players and Raeko Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
because of MN's big dick
**** YES
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution