Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Elfen Etude

Lilium remix for piano only. (that music box theme from Elfen Lied)
https://soundcloud.com/daeris/elfen-etude-1

any opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 12-13-2012 at 11:27 AM..
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Elfen Etude

Wow... I really like this.

It carries that same sort of sadness, so the remix did a damn fine job of not... well... ruining the intention of the original song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

oooooooo dis i like
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Keeping it piano was good

Though 2:06 - 2:14... that doesn't quite suit the sadness in the song.. and it feels sorta too happy to fit in. Maybe I'm being picky. I'd have to listen to the entire thing again a few times more to get a feel for it, but there may have been a few earlier sections that almost strayed too happy.

Still, most of it is well done and the reverb things aren't too much or too little, and things are nice overall with additions and stuff. Good job ^_^
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

We have permission for your work right

'Cause I'd step the hell out of this if you're not doing it and we're allowed to.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicturbo View Post
Keeping it piano was good

Though 2:06 - 2:14... that doesn't quite suit the sadness in the song.. and it feels sorta too happy to fit in. Maybe I'm being picky. I'd have to listen to the entire thing again a few times more to get a feel for it, but there may have been a few earlier sections that almost strayed too happy.

Still, most of it is well done and the reverb things aren't too much or too little, and things are nice overall with additions and stuff. Good job ^_^
i'm glad you did notice that part haha
that part just sounded like the only slightly hopeful/happy(er) sounding part in the original song, so I really wanted to milk it there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
We have permission for your work right

'Cause I'd step the hell out of this if you're not doing it and we're allowed to.
Electrolosys (one of my songs) is in queue. yes, perms.

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

I gueeeeess.... But it'd be pushing it a bit

If your intentions were that specific, then I guess it's just the remixer's opinion type thing at that point.

Idk... I'm just all for super depressing songs v.v.. I find them highly emotional and engaging mostly when associated with particular memorable scenes or things, so any notable change comes off as drastic and some weird attempt to change the nature of emotional things in the scenes... sorta. Which would come off as upsetting, and yeah ><

Though if done well enough there's always exceptions.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

indeed. I guess the point I'm getting at is, with more contrast, there's more of an effect. but that's me I guess. It also follows in the vein of most of the work I do, where the middle-ish section gets incredibly intense, and changes tone from the rest of the song.

Because there /are/ points of "happy", or as i think of it, "hopeful-happy" all over. :30-:37, :43-:54, 1:34-1:40, 1:54 - etc.

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 12-12-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Also you should make this downloadable or send it to me on skype

Stepping this is a must because it's probably the cleanest remix of this song I've heard that we can use.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Original theme song is called Lilium btw, not Lithium. That aside, this is a very nice rendition of the original theme. It kept the same sort of melancholic feel throughout the song and that melancholic feel kept true to the original song. The only part that I felt was out of place was at 0:44, where the piano has short bursts of notes right after each melody note. This didn't seem to fit the overall mood of the song, but gave it more of an aggressive feel to me, and the intensity of that part was a bit too much I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicturbo View Post
That "happy" part is actually somewhat true to the original theme, where they have a happy moment as well. The theme song reflects on the show, where it is sad and gloomy and depressing most of the time, with a few spots of happiness and hope shining through. Those hopeful moments last very short and so does the happy moment in the theme. I think it's still in the range of the melancholic feel of the rest of the song.

e: reminds me of my first simfile that got in game, Lilium (Strings & Piano Remix) :')

Last edited by Nullifidian; 12-13-2012 at 09:06 AM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Thanks lol, fixed that. I guess my intention was to keep an "etude" feeling to the song, but in the end it just kind of shot off from there

Quote: