Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Mystery Pack 3 Released

We have a winner
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #182
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
We have a winner
o: I wonder who it is...

welp, it was a pleasure trying to solve this against you Reshiram :3

XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #183
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram View Post
I... think I got it.

Kory/Patashu: Way too inactive lately. Not baq12 via my own guess. Not torrent via Alex's guess.

Via Niko's guess on page 7... he had Bubsy, Manima Ni, Nth Degree, and Witch's Tower wrong. Therefore.

Rogdor - Ant IDM
Sargon - Bat Country
ferrari - Bubsy The bobcat
Moches - Crystal Sample
GD - Heart Beat Rock
Scylaxx - The Limbo
Rebound - Manima ni
jx&Don - Nth Degree
Roar - Pink Nightmares
Wineandbread - Suffocating Sight
WC - The New Sound
Detrimentalist - The WofBS
Dimentio - Witch's Tower
This guy lol

Congrats (o:
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #184
Reshiram
The Vast White Note
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

I knew I had Suffocating Sight wrong after you said 12. It was all just a matter of seeing whose guess from previous pages would be matchable via my already correct answers.

Though I should've been able to guess that before lmfao
Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #185
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

damn, I was close xD. SS seriously had me stumped xP. Oh well, there's always a next time (o: (or maybe not...hehe)

XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #186
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Congrats~

[Edit] I agree with kommi, if we ever do this again there should be a guess limitation
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #187
Gundam-Dude
`~`

if we ever do another mystery pack I think we should just keep answers private so you guys can't leech answers off each other on the forums

it'll also make it 100x harder and more entertaining

in order of people that solved:
1. Wineandbread
2. Me
3. Rebound
4. Tyson Ultima
5. Reshiram

first 4 refrained from winning

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #188
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
if we ever do another mystery pack I think we should just keep answers private so you guys can't leech answers off each other on the forums

it'll also make it 100x harder and more entertaining
^

But in all seriousness, it's so much fun to see what ignorant dumbasses we become in attempting to leech our answers off each other.

EDIT: How many xp do I get? Enough to level up? :O
Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #189
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Here is how I was able to figure out each person:

Ant IDM = Rogdor - This has Rog written all over it. The mine dodging, that song choice and that double jack to triple layering thing he does a lot. Pretty sure this is him.

Bat Country = Sargon - I thought Puppet at first but then I realized that THERE WAS NO EXPRESSIVEMANIAS ON THIS SHIT. Has to be Sargon in terms of process of elimination and dat GFX oops.

Bubsy The Bobcat = Ferrari - WAY TOO OBIVOUS. Only person who would step some VGM/Game music this simple hehu.

Crystal Sample = moches - I could tell this was him because of his expressive mine theory and because of how his stepping style is simliar to nigapat. He is the ONLY person I know who does this.

Heart Beat Rock = This screams Gundam-Dude although I normally do not see him use such repetitive patterns like that. Seems like something Kommi would do if he were to step a simfile in 20-30 minutes.

Limbo= Scylaax - I didn't even have to look at the file. The banner and song choice was all I needed.

Manima Ni = Rebound - NO ONE DOES MINE THEORY WITH TOO MUCH EXPRESSIVENESS BETTER THEN I DO. (LOL AND YOU GUYS THOUGHT IT WAS EITHER LEONID OR LYNN. GET FUCCED)

The Nth Degree = Jimerax and Don - This was too obivous. Jimerax is the only stepman patient enough to do bpm changes like this. Don has that expressiveness in his steps.

Pink Nightmare = Roar176 - no1 Pr0 .sm namer (o:

Suffocating Sight = Wineandbread...YOU CAN NOT HIDE FROM ME HEHU (I will admit though, you were the hardest to guess but then I remember playing some old files of yours and it seems that it was possible that you might have stepped this so I guessed you. I honestly do not blame people who struggled with this one seeing that he almost never steps like this as much as he used to.)

The New Sound = WC - A dead giveaway due to his ddream pr0 skillz with bpm changes xd

Witch of The Bottomless Swamp = Detrimentalist - Im just guessing this one because since you ran the pack, I would expect you to step at least one file for this pack. Also, your style is quite simliar to these steps but not a lot of people would know seeing that you do not step enough files.

Witch's Tower = Hi Kil...oh wait, he died. HAS TO BE DAT NIG KOMMI aka Dimentio.

Last edited by i love you; 05-14-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #190
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Lol only jimerax, don, and bufang would ever step Stephen Kay.

None of the rest of us are that patient and shit.

But yeah, we're all dumbasses XD
Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #191
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Ant IDM
Autumn Insomnia Session's simfile brother. Therefore, it can only be Rog.

Bat Country.
GFX are a dead giveaway. The frequent changes in layering, mine usage and minimal jacks, similar to HEXAD, Moves Like Jagger, and all his other files. The .sm file name is also stupid but relevant to the song. Therefore, it can only be Sargon.

Bubsy the Bobcat
Song choice is a dead giveaway. Minimalistic, watered-down Puppet style. Jacks and mines are conservatively used, unlike Puppet who tends to go all out with both and layers much more densely. Therefore, it can only be Ferrari.

Crystal Sample
Song choice is a minor giveaway. Mine usage and pattern usage are dead giveaways. Could be confused with me, however the file is much too lightly layered (I layer much more densely than moches does). Also, the file goes offsync which doesn't happen for me anymore because I use DDReam for sync. Therefore, it can only be moches.

Heart Beat Rock
GFX are a giveaway. I always leave the album the song comes from in the .sm subtitle, in addition to naming my .sm something stupid but relevant to the song at hand. Liberal mine usage, consistent layering+layering progression, and green holds should've been dead giveaways. I purposely underlayered the 24th jump-jack as 16ths because I usually tend to underlayer sounds in my files (not to mention a 24th jump-jack would've been incredibly gay to hit and I'm all about file flow and pattern friendliness). The song choice threw everyone off but if you personally know my vast music taste (sup Wineanbdread) you would know I stepped this without even playing the file. Therefore, it can only be me.

Limbo
GFX are a dead giveaway (you should not have made your own GFX dude). Very dense layering accompanied with heavy, long hold usage and the signature hand usage. Therefore, it can only be Scylaax.

Manima ni
To be fair, this one was hard. The style is quite ambiguous and can be easily mixed up with Lynn because of the heavy hold usage and mine usage. The only obvious point about this file was the song choice in itself because it came straight from Osu! which limits your choices down to like 3 people included in the CDtitles that actually play Osu!, rofl. Therefore, it can only be Rebound.

Nth Degree
Song choice and DDReam sync are dead giveaways. A large amount of time invested towards this with the simplistic yet effective layering techniques. Therefore, it can only be Jimerax and Don.

Pink Nightmares
The .sm file name should've been a dead giveaway because of Roarspeak. Another dead giveaway was the solo chart which should immediately reduce your choices down to about 3 people included in the CDtitles who step for solo. Layering in itself is also another giveaway as it's consistent yet still heavy. Roar mines never interfere with the file at hand and are almost impossible to trigger because he hates very danger mines himself. Therefore, it can only be Roar.

Suffocating Sight
The most difficult one purely based on the fact that the style is also ambiguous and not well known enough. The major giveaway should've been the very danger mines in the 2nd half of the file, which only one person is brave enough to throw in to **** up people. The mine usage is essentially LCP3's Prime Song but recycled here. Also, including the album the song comes from in the subtitle. The layering is consistent but has little hints of expressiveness to it with liberal usage of jacks. Another way to re-assure your answer though was simply checking last.fm for the song/artist, rofl. This alone leads to 2 possible candidates. Therefore, it can only be Wineandbread.

The New Sound
DDReam sync was a dead giveaway. Minimalistic layering, essentially handless with liberal jack usage. Again, checking last.fm for the song/artist would've gave you an instant answer, rofl. Therefore, it can only be wc.

The Witch of the Bottomless Swamp
Another ambiguous file. The sync could be easily mixed up with Baq12, however the song choice should lead you away from which because he only steps metal, bemani, and Renard. The layering style basically just rips off me except the rainbow note usage is arguably more accurately snapped/correct. Being the person that ran the pack, you can immediately deduce that he had at least one file in here. Therefore, it can only be Detrimentalist.

Witch's Tower
Song choice and pattern usage are dead giveaways. Because Kommi's CDtitle was not included in the pack, you should've automatically defaulted to one of his many aliases. Therefore, it can only be Dimentio.

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 05-14-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #192
Roar176
FFR Player

we didn't intend to do that but me & ginuwine kinda "swapped artists"

I stepped trivium in the past and ginuwine stepped infected mushroom
So it was funny when some of u guessed ginuwine for Pink Nightmares and me for Suffocating Night lOl

the biggest giveaway was the solo chart. if u saw it u could narrow down the choices to ... maybe only me lOl and let's say Kommisar if we consider he uses dimentio alias. Also it depends on who u think would step solo chart for Mystery Pack.

I thought Detrin00b would have changed the .sm name like it was done with the previous packs but he didn't (Rael n00b this guY) but u could have guessed it from that.

and for the best of you who could have guessed it from the stepping style (LongGone), f*uck u man why u say it's level 9001 giveaway !! LoL
Roar176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #193
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

I need to remember to remove ddream sync artifacts next time >:^[
Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #194
Victorique
FFR Player

Suffocating Sight = Wineandbread

That was my first guess, I figured that would be something he would step, after that I was just playing with guessing not really thinking xd

Heart Beat Rock = Kylie Minogue screams GD
Victorique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #195
Roar176
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
I need to remember to remove ddream sync artifacts next time >:^[
Save as Single BPM (o:

inb4 u save a song with BPM changes as Single BPM, I hate when this happens LoL
Roar176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #196
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorique View Post
Heart Beat Rock = Kylie Minogue screams GD
to be fair, no one really knows my vast music taste outside of #kbo

if you have me added on last.fm and frequent #kbo, then the answer is a dead giveaway without even playing the file (exactly what wineandbread did)

Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #197
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I won't bother going through all my deductions since most of them are put up now xd

You can get a lot out of just checking .sm files though (should have narrowed Roar, Scylaax, GD)

I also used last.fm and I'm not afraid to admit it xd. Would have given away WC, moches, rogdor, GD, Roar, and me.

Having good standards control for a mystery pack (gfx, sm naming, etc. all constant) would definitely make it a lot harder for people like me who can't analyze stepcharts for shit (o:
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #198
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Yeah for the next mystery pack I'd like to make people unable to guess files on aspects that diverge from the file composition. We could ask each artist to pick a song and then we'd assign the musics to another artist by a random pick.
AND THEN WE'D GUESS WHO SUBMITTED WHICH MUSIC. DOUBLE MYSTERY PACK!!!

also
kommi
moches => ugly in french
the korean ideographs meant "ugly" in english
Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #199
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Technically Single Song Pack 1 was hard to guess in that aspect. Everyone stepping the same song, all same gfx, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #200
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScylaX View Post
Yeah for the next mystery pack I'd like to make people unable to guess files on aspects that diverge from the file composition. We could ask each artist to pick a song and then we'd assign the musics to another artist by a random pick.
AND THEN WE'D GUESS WHO SUBMITTED WHICH MUSIC. DOUBLE MYSTERY PACK!!!

also
kommi
moches => ugly in french
the korean ideographs meant "ugly" in english
i read that, but i thought moche just means lame haha. well around here anyways

My song choice was a dead ****ing giveaway. who the **** else would step puyo puyo like seriously