Old 04-5-2013, 11:00 PM   #121
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: coming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
it's weird, but I actually have an easier time getting to know girls than getting to know guys. maybe it's because my interests/personality tend to skew towards more feminine characteristics.
I used to have a fairly difficult time dealing with girls until I stumbled over the idea that maybe I was just gay. Suddenly, relations with them turned from nearly unbearable to really interesting. I mean, I always sort of liked them but felt awkward at same time. I thought I was just shy until I figured that attraction wasn't here even if I liked feminine traits etc. It's like I liked her hair, her curves, her way of expressing herself and doing things but not her as a woman no matter how great/beautiful/respectful she was. So, I obviously always avoided relationships because of this unconsciously. It's possible your case is different but I think it's a good example of things to try to keep an eye on.

I also feel like these "feminine characteristics" are one of the traps when you're relatively new to homosexuality. It's like we keep forgetting that guys can also express more feminine traits and assume that if something is feminine it makes us most likely (at least) into girls. I suggest trying to sort out why you think you're attracted to girls and guys and then compare each side. If you don't feel the same or that you're attracted them in different ways, it's quite possible that it's more complicated than you think. I can't really add much without risking to say something that may not be relevant to your situation.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 04-5-2013 at 11:23 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2013, 11:08 PM   #122
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Haha damn considering how much of a ****** everyone here assumes I am I figured people would just turn my comment on me.

But hey whatever I'll take what I get.
Old 04-5-2013, 11:12 PM   #123
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

stop
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 01:23 AM   #124
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

get out.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 02:09 AM   #125
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Haha damn considering how much of a ****** everyone here assumes I am I figured people would just turn my comment on me.

lol... just stop posting please..

.Layne. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 02:57 AM   #126
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:

It's not because of what you protray yourself to be. It's just the joke made was insensitive to the context of the thread.

In other words. It's NOT because of what you think we assume, it's because the joke is in bad taste in terms of this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 03:32 PM   #127
Izzy
Snek

Quote:

Wait, I thought you were gay. So you are just a homophobic furry lover? That is probably the strangest thing I've seen all day.

It's weird because I almost never see male on female furry content. It is just always homosexual for some reason.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 03:53 PM   #128
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

100% support.
Can't comment: would take 20 minutes to read whole thread- library is giving me 2 minutes. Will edit with reply in few days.
Old 04-6-2013, 04:05 PM   #129
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Wait, I thought you were gay. So you are just a homophobic furry lover? That is probably the strangest thing I've seen all day.

It's weird because I almost never see male on female furry content. It is just always homosexual for some reason.

No.

Also I find it hilarious how people see one gay guy asking another gay guy if he's a top or bottom is somehow a hate crime.
Old 04-6-2013, 08:19 PM   #130
d4u7211
Aficionado of Awk
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to d4u7211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
A bit OT to be replying to this, i know, but that's a bit of a misconception. There is lots of straight furry stuff out there. The community just has more gay people, ergo, more gay smut. Also I feel like there are plenty of gay furries that like to be rebellious and post that sort of stuff around for semi-shock value.

d4u7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2013, 10:58 PM   #131
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
it's weird, but I actually have an easier time getting to know girls than getting to know guys. maybe it's because my interests/personality tend to skew towards more feminine characteristics.

but you're right, I'm not exactly sure. isn't the barometer basically about sexual attraction, though? I'm attracted to both girls and guys, but I'm not sure if it's in the same way or if there's different traits to each that I appreciate...yeah, this is getting rambly. I guess I just have a lot to sort out.
I think a lot of people go through this in life whether they admit it or not. You might be bi, you might be gay, or you might just be trying to figure it out. When it comes to the sexual attraction thing, well I can say that in my case I am very sexually attracted to women, but I could never imagine actually being settled down in a relationship with a woman. So having a sexual attraction toward one over another might not really say that you are one way or another necessarily. You probably see things in both sexes that you find appealing and it's just going to take you some time to figure out what makes you happiest. Just be you and do what you feel is right. You'll always have support here throughout. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2013, 03:36 AM   #132
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

haha gay
Old 04-7-2013, 06:47 AM   #133
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames

As long as you don't frustrate yourself too hard over it, you'll realize things over time as they pass. I was unsure whether I was bi or gay for a very long time because I can consider women all beautiful and cute and I could in theory even be in a relationship with them. It took a lot of time before it just gradually dawned on me that I'm honestly not sexually attracted to them.

I suppose I'm one of those people who are biromantic or something? I mean, in the end, I don't see why gender is a necessary criterium to fall in love with someone. But maybe that's just me.

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2013, 09:14 AM   #134
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperclipGames View Post
As long as you don't frustrate yourself too hard over it, you'll realize things over time as they pass. I was unsure whether I was bi or gay for a very long time because I can consider women all beautiful and cute and I could in theory even be in a relationship with them. It took a lot of time before it just gradually dawned on me that I'm honestly not sexually attracted to them.

I suppose I'm one of those people who are biromantic or something? I mean, in the end, I don't see why gender is a necessary criterium to fall in love with someone. But maybe that's just me.
biromantic? does that mean you're attracted to pens rather than penises?

Now that you've come out as biromantic
Would you say you're more likely to write on other people
Or do you want their pens to write on you?

Or are you not that way ink-lined?

i kill my head sometimes lawwl

If I had to identify myself it would definitely be punsexual. To clarify, it means that I see through gender and love people for the quality of their puns.

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 04-8-2013 at 08:30 AM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2013, 11:37 AM   #135
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sexual orientation is complicated stuff. Don't think you have to assign yourself to a simple category such as "gay" just because a lot of other people are doing it. Mine isn't as easily explained as that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one Fortunately that hasn't been a problem, since it doesn't really matter to me whether people know about it or not. I'll admit to being slightly mystified at some of the people in the LGB(etc) community who feel they have to constantly broadcast it to the world.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2013, 12:06 PM   #136
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Perhaps the most mystifying part about LGBTQIA is the addition of a new letter for a new reason quite frequently... I don't even know if the acronym still stops at A any more.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2013, 01:08 PM   #137
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperclipGames View Post
Nah, I feel the exact same way. The cumulation of wrong assumptions, cultural/social views and time keeps making this quite confusing when it shouldn't be. I actually feels like the label in sexuality can be compared to clothes you try before buying the one you like. There's stuff you would never wear, the size needs to be right, maybe you prefer some color or type of material, but once you find the right one, you're usually happier. You can obviously shop in many different ways so feel free to come up with your own analogy.

Quote:
Everyone have different opinions about this so, you either get lucky and get that person that thinks exactly like you do or you need to sit back a moment and think again about that new dynamic you both just created by being together. It's about the person, not the gender. Yet, the person does have a gender, so it's mostly case by case when it comes to this. That's where communication gets important.
Old 04-7-2013, 01:55 PM   #138
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think the big deal with sexual orientation is how sexually obsessed our society is whether people want to admit it or not. Religion can also be an important factor considering some embrace anti-gay thoughts.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2013, 02:01 PM   #139
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I think the big deal with sexual orientation is how sexually obsessed our society is whether people want to admit it or not.
I can't really agree or disagree unless you explain why it's a big deal. While it's looking a little strange to live in an era of hypersexualization after what's in the past history-wise. I think it's a good step in general with tons of things left to work on obviously.