Paging makoto to the twg area
Please play twg.
It's hard

Irl stuff getting in the way.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #862
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Holy shit, stop eating my posts. Have some (a lot of) words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Owada View Post
Switch role block leads to one fewer kill this night. kyoko
This is why I harp so much on mechanics. The events of the night don't fully exonerate me, but putting actual thought into the results leads to a whole host of possibilities.

There was one, and only one death last night--Yasuhiro's. There are only three ways a player can die at night in this game: factional nightkill, identification nightkill, or acquisition. Therefore, Yasuhiro was either the Acquisitioner moving on to a new host, was targeted by the wolves, or both.

In the chaos at the end of the day, Yasuhiro hard claimed doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasuhiro Hagakure View Post
Fuck you gusy. Hard claming doctor. Fuck off of me
This is relevant because it made Yasu an obvious target for the wolves at night. It doesn't seem coincidental that probably the most potent town role remaining died immediately after claiming—but it's possible. As much as it would work to my advantage to suggest that Yasu probably wasn't the Acqui, I can't do that. Because the more I think about it, the more I think they were.

There are several reasons to think otherwise. The general consensus seems to be that the Acquisitioner would avoid active players--this makes sense, as activity draws suspicion and lynchability, while also potentially drawing nighttime violence from the wolves. And perhaps most importantly, the more active a player has been (and thus has more content to parse), the greater the risk of being detected as a fraud. It would also be a hell of a coincidence for the most obvious wolf target to have been the Acquisitioner at the exact same time, albeit not impossible.

The possibility of Yasu having been the Acqui is, however, somewhat supported by EoD/night--the sudden lack of punctuation pointed out at EoD was real, although Junko (the only known Acqui) used punctuation more frequently than that (although not all the time). More telling is simply the results of the night. With the Divist dead, and the Acqui incentivized to mow through the player pool, it seems likely that Yasu was the then-Acqui by virtue of being the only death. Otherwise, we have to assume that the Acqui either chose not to acquire a new account last night, or somehow failed to do so despite the Divist being gone (presumably by trying to acquire Yasu for today, which seems...stupid, even without the benefit of hindsight).

Whether or not Yasu was the Acqui, then there are only two ways Yasu could have been attacked/died from wolf action: factional kill and ID kill. Your premise is that since there was one less kill, the block had to have been successful. The thing is, if Yasu was targeted by the wolves, it was almost certainly via factional kill.

You yourself provided several players that you believe you had identified:

Quote:
I'm 100% sure I know who celestia was. No doubt about it. I MAYBE know the identities of four players; namely, celestia, leon, taka, and byakuya, in that order of certainty.
Not listed here was Yasu, which would suggest that, in a general way at least, their actual identity is harder to determine. Byakuya seems to think Byakuya's identifiability is limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
I'm also wary of Mondo because I might have an idea of who he is (I'm not expecting a lot of people to correctly guess my identity, and he has an idea of who I am), and I don't think town Mondo would tunnel Aoi so much.
so it seems a stretch to apply an ID kill to Yasu, someone even more comparatively obscured. This is even more the case since Yasu has now flipped as doctor. The wolves would want to guarantee a nightkill of a town power role, and would be unable to do so with the specter of misidentification.

Basically, the only reasonable outlet for Yasu, claimed doctor, being targeted by wolves last night was via a normal wolfkill. Which, of course, is inconsistent with the possibility of blocking me having prevented that kill, since Yasu is dead.

Now the obvious counterpoint is that the wolves could have targeted someone else, most likely Chihiro due to their claim. After all, if Yasu was the Acqui, and 'Norted someone else last night, that would account for Yasu's death. But if Yasu didn't self-protect (the OP doesn't say if the doctor had that ability as far as I can tell, but it doesn't really matter), then Yasu could have protected Chihiro, making them immune to a nightkill. Of course, the question remains whether evil-Yasu would have wanted to do that.

So I see three basic ways the night could have played out.

1. In order to eliminate the doctor, the wolves chose Yasu for their factional nightkill. However Yasu-Nort probably chose bulletproof as one of their bonus traits, and transferred to another person. Yasu died, essentially killed two ways for the price of one.

2. In order to eliminate the blocker, the wolves chose Chihiro for their factional nightkill. This was prevented by doctor protection, but Yasu still died due to moving onto their next account. This seems less likely, because there's not an absolute incentive for Yasu-Nort to protect town.

3. Yasu was not acquired, and was an uncorrupted town player who was killed by the wolves, presumably by normal NK for the reasons stated above. This seems the least likely of the three, because it leaves the actions of the Acqui unaccounted for.

Obviously, there's a scenario where I was blocked and that's why there was only one death. But given the way the day ended, if I was a wolf, I would never chosen to be the one to deliver the night kill. Given that it seems likely that Yasu was the Acquisitioner, scenario 1 makes sense to me--the wolves wanted to kill the doc, and wound up with an empty husk instead.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:54 PM   #863
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Quote:
Not checking the thread. As I predicted, cfd, and it ended up in a villa dying. I know it's a common thing here but can we please stop with the last minute vote changing. It's anti-town.
Is there a reason you need to know where I was or are you just trying to point fingers?
This is kind of a weak excuse though. Even if you predicted cfd, if you wanted to avoid that outcome, you could have argued against what was happening.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #864
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihiro Fujisaki View Post
I blocked Kyoko...thought her argument that she would be too afraid to push an active player as mafia was pretty stupid, and so was the refusal to move off of Mondo until she was a lynch candidate... or at least if you're going to do that... maybe actually try to talk to Byakuya into voting with you when he mentions being suspicious of Mondo's behavior... if you're actually invested in it.

Not ignoring the possibility that she put the doctor in kitb on purpose either...

My points against Mondo still stand. His later explanation was better, but he's still the best vote at this point in my estimation. I'll make a longer case in a minute.

Mondo

As to your comments above, they don't make sense. I was too afraid to push an active player...so I pushed active player Mondo all day? As to what happened at the end, allow me to clarify--and why your complaint makes no sense, regardless of what happened.

1. A wagon suddenly formed against me, late.

2. I know my own alignment--I'm town. It was therefore against my interest--which is to say the town's interest--to allow myself to be lynched without trying to avoid it. I didn't know Hifuni's alignment, which meant that even though they turned out to be town, it was less likely to me than my own town status. Hifuni, moreover, had been extremely inactive--even setting aside the somewhat suspicious timing of his few posts, he couldn't be counted on to do anything at any point, and thus his ability to contribute was limited.

3. So I voted for the least harmful alternative of other possible wagons.

4. Then things went to hell. Leon posted his observation about Yasu's punctuation very close to the deadline. I saw that (and the multiple votes on Yasu) as soon as I made my initial Hifuni vote. I didn't have time to check Yasu's posts myself, but given that someone else besides Leon--specifically you--

Quote:
Yasuhiro
jumped on it, I assumed that the observation was legitimate. After all, I assumed then and now that based on your claim that you're town, and thus were at least acting in good faith. In a sudden time crunch, I immediately voted Yasu.

5. At that point, I saw the doctor claim, made in response to the sudden Yasu wagon, and I tried to leap off, but :00 came before I could.

N.B.: Ironically, I'm now convinced that Yasu was in fact that correct option in that split--since they were the only player killed last night, it stands to reason that Yasu was Junko's latest incarnation. If Yasu wasn't the Acqui, then your block on me has no probative value at all, since that would require Yasu to unquestionably have been killed by the wolves, and them doing so via an ID kill makes no sense.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #865
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

unvote I want to read the longer case on Mondo
Old 06-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #866
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

Well first things first I didn't say you were pushing an inactive. I was saying this post I quoted was a bad defense. You didn't argue anything new to try to get people to vote with you on Mondo after giving one questionable interpretation of one of his posts... I voted you to force you to actually affect the lynch outcome or die... In addition to my suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
If I weren't invested in the outcome, I wouldn't have bothered sticking my neck out to vote Mondo in the first place. I'd have set a nice, easy vote on an inactive player that couldn't fight back. Of course, I'm going to have to change my vote now, since me dying does nothing to help us.
But...I think you're right that Yasuhiro as acquisitionee stacked with the mafia regular kill is the simplest explanation...it is still possible I blocked your attempt to stack on him... but...Unvote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #867
Mondo Owada
FFR Player

Kyoko spouting lots of wine.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #868
Mondo Owada
FFR Player

If kyoko isn't a wolf Leon definitely is, though.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #869
Leon Kuwata
FFR Player

Quote:
But...I think you're right that Yasuhiro as acquisitionee stacked with the mafia regular kill is the simplest explanation...it is still possible I blocked your attempt to stack on him... but...Unvote
agreed

you guys should have stuck with my period read lmao
Old 06-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #870
Leon Kuwata
FFR Player

Quote:
Possibilities: Lucio did get acqui'd, wolves targeted Lucio, identity wolf either ran out of targets/was blocked. Only one kill is just ??? to me. At this point I would expect Chihiro to have been acqui'd. I think Leon is just too likely to be maf to pass on today. I think I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well. There are only three maf so I think we've still got one more mislynch (8 players are alive today).

Oh ya if the acqui can be roleblocked maybe Leon is just the acqui and keeps being stuck as leon. Just spitballing here.
Leon
"I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well"

"maybe Leon is just the acqui"

you're throwing shit on the walls and hoping something sticks.

what are your actual opinions?
Old 06-23-2018, 10:18 PM   #871
Mondo Owada
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kuwata View Post
"I have to trust that Byakuya and Makoto are town as well"

"maybe Leon is just the acqui"

you're throwing shit on the walls and hoping something sticks.

what are your actual opinions?
I don't think you or kyoko are partners but one of you is maf. I'm almost certain about that. Beyond that I'm just trying to form a PoE but it's not easy.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #872
Leon Kuwata
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't think you or kyoko are partners but one of you is maf. I'm almost certain about that. Beyond that I'm just trying to form a PoE but it's not easy.
again this is really arbitrary
Old 06-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #873
Mondo Owada
FFR Player

Well I don't really have any better ideas. The only person I'm sure isn't maf is chihiro and he could very well be the acqui.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #874
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

If Mukuro isn't mafia I'm confused why they're getting so little attention....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukuro Ikusaba View Post
celestia and I were mindmolding in the beginning too bad theyre dead because boiiiiiii
....Half of Celestia's posts were about Aoi....you never mentioned Aoi until after Aoi died..........what were you even mindmelding about?
Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #875
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

Quote:
also noted that two people couldn't fucking tell who was alive and who died
Quote:
and it wasn't even the same person which I don't even know how that happens unless they came into it knowing that the other was going to die
Quote:
[twgv]leon kuwata[/twgv[
Quote:
Also what's the case on Leon because I just voted for them without reason just so I could have a vote on the board lol
You thought you had a lead on Mondo and Yasuhiro having info they shouldn't...........and then random vote Leon.......makes total sense
Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #876
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

Quote:
That doesn't make sense why not kill a confirmed blue
You're such a perfect picture of blissful unawareness...it's practically a caricature........
Old 06-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #877
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

If the missing kills are not due to Leon being blocked, we have a wolf team that seems to have failed every single night with avoiding the doc's save and/or with identity guesses...

The only thing Mukuro has been engaged with and seemingly genuine about...is not being acquisitioner...regardless of alignment she cannot even **** muster the effort to vote people for reasons besides placeholders...

If she's not being inactivity modkilled I will seriously consider her lynch on this basis.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #878
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

So I promised a case against Mondo yesterday, and here it is, broken up into chunks that are still probably too big.

Mondo's play in this game can be largely characterized by three recurring behaviors: a mechanically unjustified fascination with the Identity Wolf role, single-minded aggressive player cases that are abandoned as soon as something more convenient comes along, and repeated OMGUS posting.

Where to begin? Mondo's cases and discussion betray an almost pathological fascination with the identity wolf. The thing is, there's no indication that it's been a particularly prominent role, or even had any effect at all. If we assume that the Acqui has been actively moving from player to player--and we know it happened the first night at least, given the Junko flip info--then there's been only one wolf kill per night. It stands to reason that this should be the factional kill—there's no indication that the ID kill isn't equally subject to block or doctor protection. But regardless of whether or not the wolf kills have been factional or ID (or both), Mondo has been built his world-building—and his overall persona—around the idea.

Quote:
Assuming the maf team makes 1.5 kills per night and the acqui hits only town, town only has 2 mislynches before mylo. Who's idea was this game.

And why is my character wearing a Bugles chip on his head?
Quote:
Sucks. Identity wolf is obv bull****
Quote:
I'm starting to think it really is due to people not wanting to get shot by the identity wolf, which honestly is a pretty ****ing terrible role to give maf
Most people accepted that the ID wolf is a thing and have, I would assume, either taken steps to conceal their identities, or just played and hoped they couldn't be identified. But Mondo felt the need to explain how bullshit the role was, as though he couldn't possibly be a wolf and was scandalized by this totally unfair mechanic.

Quote:
I have no clue who's who and I'm doin just fine gotta gotta beat down
Because I want it all
“I can't be the ID wolf guys, because I don't know who's who. And because I hate that role. Check out how not the ID wolf I am!”

Quote:
If I'm thinking of who you're thinking of, they'll post more. If I'm not thinking of who you're thinking of, good, cause I don't think that's them anyway (but like I said I won't really know who's who this game)
“but like I said I won't really know who's who this game”

So the previous post wasn't just a “I don't know who's who YET”—which is how I initially read it—but a full on “I can't figure out identities, you can trust me.” Of course, once it turned out that no one was concerned with that, suddenly it's easy to identify people and that's clearly what was happening at night.

Day 2

Quote:
I'm gonna point out the obvious and say yasuhiro seems like a different person. But acqui wouldn't be so obvious about it.

Pleasantly surprised we hit maf d1 and it seems someone got guarded/blocked. I wasn't really paying attention to day end but I'm feeling better about celestia and uh... Byakuya.
For someone so concerned with the ID wolf, it's curious that the possibility of misidentification never enters Mondo's mind. Instead, it obviously has to be that there was a block/doc save, almost as if he knew. It's also interesting how adamant he was on D1 that he was bad at the ID thing, but one that was safely past, he knew for sure who Celestia (who died) was, since it was convenient to his then-purpose.

Quote:
Ah, my bad- I only saw junko flip so I figured wolves didn't get any kills. Based on what I figured I knew about celestia she got identitied and actual wolf kill got blocked or something.
I've harped on this concept before, but this whole mode of thinking is problematic. As far as I can tell, the ID kill is equally susceptible to blocks/saves. Even if one is 100% certain who Celestia is, the equal likelihood of a rolepower stopping the kill means that assuming an ID kill is 50-50 at best. Of course, Mondo's been preoccupied with that the entire game...

Quote:
Uhhhh because it was like too obvious who celestia was??
I didn't say anything yesterday but they were probably the only person in the game that I could confidently identify, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
His reads expand to whatever is convenient to make a case; at that point, he also self-insulates, since “who would ever admit to knowing who someone was?” The point is, he goes from a self-claimed “I can't ID anyone” schtick to “it's totally obvious that...” on multiple occasions, despite his self-professed IDing limitations.

Quote:
Also, I think Taka was the Identity wolf kill.
Vote: leon
Again with this. I had problems with this yesterday, but it fits a troubling pattern of behavior. There's this obsession with the identity wolf, even to the point that it blinds Mondo to mechanical probabilities.

Quote:
I only know the identities of maybe four people in this game, and taka was one of them (as well as Celestia). I'm assuming (and feel free to call me out on it if you disagree) that the identity wolf can also guess the identities of these players, if I can. I'm not great at the whole "who's who" game and generally don't bother trying. Which means the people I do know are being somewhat obvious about it. Which means the identity wolf also knows them. Which means I'm suss of everyone I think I know until they die, because why not.
We're back to this post. Can someone's reads expand across the game? Sure. But Mondo's “who's who” keeps expanding as needed to pressure whatever case he happens to be pursuing.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #879
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

At the same time, his cases almost always follow the path of least resistance. He jumped on Aoi right away, and pushed hard on that, despite the fact that the reason for the vote was a relatively innocuous comment early on the first day. Now, that's actually somewhat understandable—there's not a lot to go on at first, and Aoi's statement in question was, at best, awkwardly expressed. I can understand how it drew suspicion, but Mondo hammered that point repeatedly. This is straight up tunneling.

Quote:
Aoi is a wolf.

More news at 11.
Quote:
Chihiro best boy.
I'm in the camp of "aoi came off weird and should be voted for."
Quote:
I'd like everyone's thoughts on aoi if you're ever around, please. Nobody else really seems suss to me yet.
Quote:
Taka my bro what do you think about aoi? Besides the size of her... Personality.
Quote:
I'm trying to give an avenue for people to discuss by asking about General thoughts on aoi but nobody is really saying any more than the couple people who have already commented on it.

I think junko might be aligned with aoi as well.
Quote:
Just ignoring how awkward and sketchy aoi's post is and feels like an interaction that *could* be s/s. I think it's weirder that junko didn't find aoi's statement unusual than it is to think aoi isn't suspicious for it- cause aoi's post is undeniably weird.
Quote:
It's not that aoi is looking for who's who, it's that they made a painfully self-aware post that simultaneously reads as "ignore me I'm bad" and "look at me I'm trying" and the fact that you respected it as anything more than literal horse**** is equally odd
Quote:
Aoi hasn't actually been in the thread to give thoughts of any value but once that happens I'm sure my paranoia will blow over. Or they'll do something else that's scummy.
This is a huge proportion of posts dedicated toward Aoi. That's fine, I guess, except their case never changes, because Aoi hadn't really posted since their initial problem post. This was just continuously repeating the same basic claims, safely hammering the point.

Quote:
unvote for now. I want to see more from her, but that's probably enough atm.
When Aoi posts a long response, Mondo backs off. That's understandable...but why such a huge volume to the point of obsession if a mere response merited an unvote?

Quote:
I see Aoi's #114 as more of an insight into her mindset. Even if it's crap, she still believes what she said, so I'm willing to take off pressure "for now." It's not really tangible to me, but it makes her entry make a little more sense.
Quote:
I mean, if Aoi did focus on other people you would 75% chance call them out on deflecting.
Quote:
This is something I agree with 100%. Just don't like the thought that she should be acting more aggressive since that's mostly playstyle.
Quote:
I hate posts like this. Not in the sense that it's indicative of maf, just that it's essentially meaningless. Great, you think Aoi is villa, why? Nobody knows.
Even after the unvote, Aoi remains apparently preoccupied with Aoi, although at least these instances are in response to to discussion from other players (Byakuya, Junko).

Later, he conveniently town reads the only known wolf almost out of nowhere.

Quote:
I would add sayaka, but not byakuya or Taka.
I think you're town, but I think you're trusting people too easily. My strong town read right now is pretty much just you.
And, of course, after cooling on their Aoi read, ends up back on Aoi for his actual vote—conveniently protecting Sayaka.

His reason for returning to Aoi, predictably, is...vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Asahina View Post
Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
Quote:
Whoops, you stepped in more ****.
At the same time, he chooses to view Aoi's first day behavior as an anti-ID tactic, which Mondo considers problematic apparently despite claiming to be doing the same thing himself earlier in the day.

Quote:
Aoi clearly knows what she's doing but she's playing this ******* terrible "I'm bad pls no" style that probably is just a ****ty attempt at hiding her identity.
Quote:
It's because I'm like 90% sure celestia is right. No mention of day chat equals no day chat.
Interesting that you think I could be the acquisitioner, since you obviously haven't been noticing the steps I'm taking to ensure I don't get taken over.
It also, again, speaks to his preoccupation with identity and identification. And although he expressed a general willingness to be talked elsewhere

Quote:
If you want me off aoi I'm open to suggestions. Good ones. I just have a hard time reconciling aoi's posts as something that comes from experienced villa.
That didn't materialize satisfactorily for him, even though both other wagons turned out to be non-town. Ultimately, Mondo committed to his Aoi vote, helping to generate the coinflips he claims to hate.

His case against Leon also feels somewhat tunneled.

Quote:
Yesterday I thought maybe Leon had been acquid but now I see that's not the case. I can also comfortably say that if I know who they are, they're still them. Leon is a good place to start today in terms of maf but if we're trying to find acqui I'd like to hear more from makoto.
An interesting switch, considering he previously found that sort of behavior offensive.

Quote:
Taka looks bad because of his suss of me- he says I looked specifically like third party, but then he backtracked after I called him out on it and said hmm maybe you could be a wolf. It shows an informed mindset and I think he's maf because of it. If I knew who he was I might town read him but right now Taka is dangerous.
And this plus his ID world building is apparently his whole case there.

Quote:
Descending into wifom for a minute, wolves may have tried to play around the doc and got roleblocked. Confbiasing hard toward Leon maf and it is in no way upsetting.

I love how this entire post is dedicated to **** logic and poor critical thinking in an entirely unironic way.
Other people have made more compelling cases against Leon than this, but he's been vacillating between the two of us, despite the fact that he's been surprisingly reluctant to actually dive into Leon's posts. Path of least resistance.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #880
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Now, let's move to the topic of OMGUS.

Quote:
Sorry, but your suspicion reeks of cheese and ****. It would make sense for you to think I was maf here MAYBE, but you immediately jumped to third party. Perhaps you already know that I'm not maf for some reason??

Taka

Nothing you're saying is remotely consistent, dude. I know we're friends, but you don't look so good right now.
Even his return to Aoi suspicion was premised around a slight call out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Asahina View Post
Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
Quote:
Whoops, you stepped in more ****.

His strongest scumread besides Aoi was due to OMGUS.

Quote:
Taka looks bad because of his suss of me- he says I looked specifically like third party, but then he backtracked after I called him out on it and said hmm maybe you could be a wolf. It shows an informed mindset and I think he's maf because of it. If I knew who he was I might town read him but right now Taka is dangerous.
Quote:
Reading. I think Taka being suss of me is bad. Looks like now he's trying to double up on the acqui accusation? I don't think my reads are going to change at all and aoi is bad vibes man.
OMGUS OMGUS OMGUS.

Quote:
Can you provide original content or is everything you say a rehash of what someone else says/an announcement of game mechanics. Yes I think the regular kill was blocked.
As soon as my challenges toward Mondo start making him uncomfortable, he becomes suspicious of me.
Closed Thread