Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2016, 02:06 AM   #81
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Default Re: UnderMania - Determination - KB/Pad Pack Announcement

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to step.

And then I remember I don't know how to step and every time I have the idea to learn something new for something it ends in tears.

Keep up the good work okay? Bye.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #82
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh, sort of forgot about this.

I really should just send in that file, but I'm at work so oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:09 AM   #83
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Oh, sort of forgot about this.

I really should just send in that file, but I'm at work so oops.
Hey no worries. This pack has no submission date so take your time.

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
xanox100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #84
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanox100 View Post
Hey no worries. This pack has no submission date so take your time.
Still happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #85
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Still happening?
Yea Xanox you've been super silent about this whole thing, no feedback on my files whatsoever that I submitted over 2 MONTHS ago. I will be taking my files out of the pack and submitting them to VGMP4 soon if you keep up this unprofessional silence on a pack YOU organized.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #86
Devilchilly
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isqWTwzzJs
I made a chart for a song from Undertale Red.
The current version is a little bit different from the video, with no quads or anything.
Idk if there's an osu!mania to Stepmania converter, but I think this should work.

Devilchilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:12 PM   #87
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
Yea Xanox you've been super silent about this whole thing, no feedback on my files whatsoever that I submitted over 2 MONTHS ago. I will be taking my files out of the pack and submitting them to VGMP4 soon if you keep up this unprofessional silence on a pack YOU organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:36 AM   #88
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Still happening?
Of course it is. I can see people getting impatient as well. No judge at the moment. I've asked a few people and no one's volunteered so I'm currently waiting on that.
Currently there are 12 submissions.

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:43 AM   #89
xanox100
FFR Player

Also, Good things come to those who are patient. Stepmania is not my entire life, nor should it be yours. Not everyone is on their computer constantly stepping things. Me? I have many things going on in my life. This is just a hobby, please don't be disrespectful and try to remember that.

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:45 AM   #90
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilchilly View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isqWTwzzJs
I made a chart for a song from Undertale Red.
The current version is a little bit different from the video, with no quads or anything.
Idk if there's an osu!mania to Stepmania converter, but I think this should work.
There is a converter out there, I got one from Jubo a while back. Try PMing him for the link.

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #91
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Call me crazy but I believe the person who is organizing a pack should also be able to judge the files in their own pack. You should definitely have other judges, but it just makes sense that you'd want to evaluate the files going into your own pack. Stepmania isn't my life either, but I'm just asking for a reasonable turnaround, like the folks behind Stepping Stones 3 and VGMP 4 have been able to provide.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
Old 03-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #92
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

Does it really take 2 months to review 12 submissions? I understand that it's just you doing the judging but even with other things going on in your life you should at least have the time to go through the files and do a quick review or something.

I have nothing submitted to this, just putting in my 2 cents here.

-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #93
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

lmfao the real life excuse

i have worked contracts that demanded 12-16 hours a day every day for months on end and still found time to do stepmania crap

there isn't a fucking person in this planet who is just actually too busy
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #94
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
also undertale is massively overrated meme bandwagon garbage come on people what the fuck
I really really wish this wasn't the prevailing mentality nowadays. It's unfortunate that the fanbase has transformed such an incredible game into such a hateable meme. I played it before the craze got started and simply adored it, and I recommend you play it too when you get the chance. Just push all the memey garbage out of your mind and enjoy the brilliance that is Undertale.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:38 AM   #95
xanox100
FFR Player

Quote:
Call me crazy but I believe the person who is organizing a pack should also be able to judge the files in their own pack. You should definitely have other judges, but it just makes sense that you'd want to evaluate the files going into your own pack. Stepmania isn't my life either, but I'm just asking for a reasonable turnaround, like the folks behind Stepping Stones 3 and VGMP 4 have been able to provide.
I don't judge files, It's not what I do. I personally don't feel qualified. Can you accept that? Also I see that guy below going on a rampage and spamming up the thread. Kinda rude haha

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #96
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

I reached out to Xanox saying I would help judge and he accepted, so here's the first batch of reviews!

Amalgam (Jose_Varela)

The effects are fun, but cannot save what is ultimately a poorly laid out simfile. I have an intense distaste for the fact that your mods override my preferred speedmod, this is nothing more than than a gimmick and forces me to play your jumpstream at a speed too slow for me to comfortably read.

The layering throughout is questionable and the jumps often don’t seem to be tied to anything consistent. You place sixteenth notes in numerous places they don’t belong from measures 8 through 16. Measures 36 through 40 feel uncomfortable and have numerous syncing errors (the jump on measure 36 should absolutely be on a 4th note), while the roll at measure 38 is only more uncomfortable and adds nothing of real value to the chart.

The 8 measures of jump stream beginning at measure 40 become boring quickly due to the fact that you’re only ever putting jumps on 4th notes, when the music allows numerous opportunities for jumps on 8th notes. The stream is tremendously unintuitive because you aren’t making effective use of patterns. You’ll repeat certain patterns for a little bit, but then shift the pattern in unexpected places (typically 8th notes) which don’t fit the phrasing of the music. The use of holds to highlight some of the effects in the music is nice. The 16th notes set against the holds beginning at measure 55 suffer from the same issues as your previous streams. No.

Battle Against A True Hero (Kirby5464, Jose_Varela)

Hard (Jose_Varela) - I think with these effects you’re trying to go along with the idea of Undertale breaking its own rules all the time, and I can appreciate that. The opening effects felt cool, but then you broke down into a solid minute of the notes just being horribly spread out and waving. Then you switched it to mini. At this point the effects just started to feel uninspired. The compressed and practically stealth notes are unreadable and frankly unacceptable. I welcomed the fact that the effects went away at the end of the sim.

This of course, nothing to say of the steps. 16th stream the entire time was acceptable in 2004, but stepping as advanced a lot and these are simply unplayable steps. I would have fallen asleep playing these notes if it weren’t for your mods. Please, understand that mods should only ever add spice to already fun steps, and not be the crutch that poor steps rely on. No.

Edit (Kirby5464) - The effects in this feel much more inspired. I really enjoyed the bit at measure 60. That effect is pretty incredible and the steps matched the breakdown feeling of the music.

The steps, unfortunately, are only a small improvement over the Jose’s. You synced some bits, but again the majority of it was just 16th note stream. There is so much more to step in this music, really sync and layer this song and you will find something far more fun than just 16th stream! Yes, but you could really improve the steps here.

Bergentruckung ASGORE (gold stinger)

Hard - Nice job! I would like to see the timpani rolls beginning just before measure 25 included, as well as the ones that repeat after that, but this a personal thing and file is fine without it so it’s your call. Not sure what the 12th note at measure at 54 is about but it seems like it’d be just fine as a 16th. This is one of my favorite tracks from the game and I feel like you really did it justice! Yes, but take out the 12th note.

Edit - Xanox specified that he does not want dump files included in the pack. No.

Boneklezmer (gold stinger)

This remix is awesome! Very well synced, and a fun file.

You missed a few little ornamentations in the violin and harpsichord, but included them in other spots. I think you’ll know where you missed them if you just listen, I don’t feel the need to specify each spot where it occurs. The burst rolls feel out of place except for the one with piano on beat 2 of measure 49. The jumpstream beginning just after that needs more repetition in the patterns. The violin you are stepping the 16ths too is playing repetitive arpeggios, giving you ample opportunity to portray that in the 16ths. Changing patterns every 2 or 4 beats is how I would approach it. The layering is good through this passage and I like the placement of the 24ths. I love the raucous and heavily layered ending, it really fits the chaos in the music. It feels pretty awkward, but I don’t actually have too much issue with it since the layering is solid.

Yes. Add the onamentation in the violin and harpsichord where you missed it (just slow down the music and they should pop out to you), and make the first jumpstream more intuitive and pattern based and it'll really improve this!

Chill (MarioNintendo)

GOD TIER SYNCING. Not much you can do in this song, but ya stepped the crap out of it. Yes.

Crowbar Crusher (Jose_Varela)

Unpleasant remix. Are you scared of jumps or something? Without layering this is a snooze fest. No.

Here We Are (Jose_Varela)

Layering once the music gets going is random. Try putting jumps on the bass and snare hits of the drums, it’ll accentuate the music nicely. Once you more or less do away with what little layering you have beginning in measure 20 the file immediately becomes boring. You need to layer in order to maintain interest, otherwise your steps feel completely uninspired. If I could tell you were trying to make them easy and accessible that’d be one thing, but these would even be boring on a pad. No.

His Theme (Jousway)

I can’t let go that you step three notes in a row in the same note in the beginning, when the pitches are only repeating two notes and switching to a new note on the third. It’s the three notes that go 4th, 16th, 8th, the third note of each set should change. Once the drums come in you just kind of start stepping constant 16ths with 24ths in the snare, even though the music doesn’t really represent constant 16ths. You put jumps on the crash hits, but nowhere else, and 20+ measures of this gets boring fast. There are plenty of layering opportunities here, from the melody that continues in the background, to the nice strings. Needs some work, it's just too boring right now.

Megalovania (gold stinger)

Hard - Good job! I like how you stripped away the layers at 20 and exposed one idea, that really added some nice emphasis to that line. Hand usage throughout was tasteful, but I think you could add hands on the drum hits beginning in the exposed guitar and drums section at measure 56. This is a change I would like to see, but I’m happy to accept the file without it. Yes!

Edit - Again, no dumps. That being said, there are more creative ways to make fun dump files than just adding lots of 32nd notes. Play stuff in the Yolomania packs if you want to see what goes into a fun dump.

Spear of Justice (Jousway)

All the moments where there are three notes leading into a 4th notes were criminally ignored. Layering was uninspired and stayed static for too long. For instance, in measure 4 a plethora of new instruments are added to the music, yet you step the music with the same amount of layering as before. Yes, but try to vary the steps up and step aspects of the song you’ve ignored like the drums and countermelody!

Last edited by MooMoo_Cowfreak; 03-19-2016 at 12:02 AM..
Old 03-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #97
xanox100
FFR Player

forgot i have some more file submissions floating around in my email, I'll work on getting that out when i can.

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #98
xanox100
FFR Player

Also im not doing in depth judging Moo. Just needs to be synched and not all around terrible.

SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #99
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I really really wish this wasn't the prevailing mentality nowadays. It's unfortunate that the fanbase has transformed such an incredible game into such a hateable meme. I played it before the craze got started and simply adored it, and I recommend you play it too when you get the chance. Just push all the memey garbage out of your mind and enjoy the brilliance that is Undertale.
nice vidya hipster mentality

ya undertale's a great game but it's not worthy of all of the bullshit memes that it's garnered
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #100
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Changed some of my accepted files. If you got a no then you're still welcome to resubmit, every file was decently synced so I trust you can improve on your files. The main thing was a lack of layering to the music and overabundance of 16th streams. These are going to bore a lot of players who are good at this game, the skill level has increased a lot and it takes more to make a file interesting. There's a lot in these songs so find something unique in the music and step some jumps on it!

Last edited by MooMoo_Cowfreak; 03-19-2016 at 12:17 AM..