FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends

nah
Old 07-3-2013, 09:23 AM   #7863
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

did someone say no-item-penta-kill-gragas?
Old 07-3-2013, 04:29 PM   #7864
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Free week champs this week are so fun. First time playing Akali, if this is her after all her skills being nerfed then I can um... see why she got nerfed.

Falling in love with Orianna. Add her to Syndra and Cass in the list of "really fun champs that I manage to play somewhat decently but their skill ceiling is so damn high and that's part of why they are fun"

Old 07-3-2013, 04:49 PM   #7865
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

cass is definitely the most mechanically demanding mid ap imo
Old 07-3-2013, 09:20 PM   #7866
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to TwistedPhoenix

Someone buy me Orianna pleaaaaaaaaase

Old 07-3-2013, 10:05 PM   #7867
hi19hi19
lol happy

I like how you can basically tell who is going to win a low level game of Dominion based on which team has more Revives

Taking Revive = you know even a tiny bit about the Dominion meta = your team is way more likely to win based on knowledge alone

Old 07-3-2013, 10:22 PM   #7868
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I like how you can basically tell who is going to win a low level game of Dominion based on which team has more Revives

Taking Revive = you know even a tiny bit about the Dominion meta = your team is way more likely to win based on knowledge alone
I've started getting into Dominion since it's a lot more evident just how important objectives are. Generally, people think that kills = wins, when it's turrets/inhibs = wins. Here, you have to be in control to win.

Who are the main champs that really shine here? I know that Kassadin is a big favorite, and Singed is pretty good, but generally people try picking those with speed boosts, especially ones that are AoE. Also, is Garrison worth taking?
Old 07-4-2013, 01:05 AM   #7869
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

I moved my main to Oceania, which fucking sucks since all i play is dominion now. It's just more fun in my opinion, not because i suck lol - but because of quicker games and what not.

I started playing a smurf on the NA server, so far it's level 13 with 14-2. Lost one of the games because of AFK karthus, and the 2nd game we got completely counterpicked (I play rammus, malphite or maokai) and my friend plays Mundo). It was a close game, and i noticed they had WAY more wins and were higher leveled too (25+).

We're waiting 45 minutes for a game .. Is dominion fucking dead or do we have decent mmr? We went from 30 second games when we started to now 40+ mins.

And Twisted, Garrison is definitely worth taking imo. If you can have 2 on a team, you'll have a good time.
Old 07-4-2013, 02:51 AM   #7870
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPhoenix View Post
I've started getting into Dominion since it's a lot more evident just how important objectives are. Generally, people think that kills = wins, when it's turrets/inhibs = wins. Here, you have to be in control to win.

Who are the main champs that really shine here? I know that Kassadin is a big favorite, and Singed is pretty good, but generally people try picking those with speed boosts, especially ones that are AoE. Also, is Garrison worth taking?
http://i.imgur.com/zxfyYUp.jpg

Basically at high level of Dominion, you want your champ to have mobility.
Kassadin is absolutely 100% permaban no questions asked. Nidalee, Lulu, Kha'zix and Jayce all have amazing mobility with long poke and are really common picks. A lot of teams as you mentioned will try to get AoE speed boosts, that's another reason Jayce is so strong, on top of his ability to get multiple people off a point from safe range. Teemo is a goddamn terrorist with the damn shrooms everywhere (free ward ultimate is strong on a map with no wards) and can control the jungle like no other on top of nice mobility for backdooring etc.

The other champs on the top 10 banned are there because of their ability to dominate bottom lane, and/or easily defend an objective while outnumbered. The only one I've never really understood is Zyra, but a lot of people seem to pick her and do well. I guess it's the power of her plants to keep people off objectives combined with pretty good CC.

It's common to see a team run at least one Garrison, yeah. I guess think of it like Teleport on Summoner's Rift, you can get by with none, one is very useful, or you can run a lot of them and try to use them in concert to make plays for objectives. The downside of course being that your dueling/teamfighting is weaker because you have less combat summoners.

I honestly don't play too much Dominion myself but I watch a lot of dominatedominion, it's quite interesting to casually observe.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 07-4-2013 at 03:03 AM..
Old 07-4-2013, 10:29 AM   #7871
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:

Garrison is a great way to hold top if you're playing a more defensive team comp. It's less useful for assaulting a base, and bot lane if you get to the point you have to use it your tower is probably gone anyway.

As far as champions are concerned, high mobility and high dueling ability is a must. Consider taking champions who have inhibitive early games, because really early game is a nonfactor in dom. Strong mid and late games are what wins. Even if you're down 400 points, if you have a strong lategame you can make the comeback happen. I've lost a match when the opponents were down to 3 and we were at 200.

Champs to consider that aren't on hi19's list:
Udyr
Poppy
Heimerdinger (insane bot lane control)
Vayne
Ahri
Anivia (also great for bot lane control)
Elise
Evelynn
Twitch (backdooring is a great way to distract from objectives if you can't duel)
Gangplank (global ult, high mobility, strong duels)
Hecarim
Karthus (iffy choice, but that ult is always strong, and he has decent bot control)
Kayle (Strong bot choice, great duels and can push a lane hard)
Malzahar (same as Kayle)
Mordekaiser (same as Kayle)
Nocturne (presence and dueling)
Rammus (possibly the fastest way to cross the map, a friend of mine hit 1600 ms with him and backdoored for the win, strong dueling as well)
Tryndamere
Twisted Fate (Another iffy choice, but his global presence is very helpful, and he has decent bot control)
Volibear
Warwick (only for bot lane until late game, he's basically a brick wall)
Yorick (even bigger brick wall)
Zac (dat leap, strong multi-opponent fighting)

Another important final note, do NOT ignore creeps. Everyone always whines when you push a wave, but a creep wave is insanely helpful when taking a tower down. They chunk it hard and fast, and it's invaluable for quickly securing a point.
Old 07-4-2013, 10:44 AM   #7872
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

so after reading all this dominion stuff i went ahead and played some dominion and its funner than i remember
Old 07-4-2013, 10:52 AM   #7873
hi19hi19
lol happy

That post was looking good until
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
Tryndamere
LOL

Okay Tryndamere is NOT a good champ on Dominion. His earlygame is the same as Summoner's Rift, low damage and low utility. And his mid and endgame don't exist because Dominion games don't even last that long. You can't "turtle a game for 20 minutes until Tryndamere can duel" like you can on SR because the game is literally over by then.

Seriously Tryndamere is deadweight with a gap closer on a kinda long cooldown that he could maybe use to backdoor except there's at least 40 champs that can do the same thing and not also be useless in every other regard.

There was actually a post on dominatedominion recently on the topic so I'm not just saying this randomly off personal experience with bad Tryndameres in game or anything, here's the article.

Old 07-4-2013, 01:29 PM   #7874
speeddemon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
That post was looking good until

LOL

Okay Tryndamere is NOT a good champ on Dominion. His earlygame is the same as Summoner's Rift, low damage and low utility. And his mid and endgame don't exist because Dominion games don't even last that long. You can't "turtle a game for 20 minutes until Tryndamere can duel" like you can on SR because the game is literally over by then.

Seriously Tryndamere is deadweight with a gap closer on a kinda long cooldown that he could maybe use to backdoor except there's at least 40 champs that can do the same thing and not also be useless in every other regard.

There was actually a post on dominatedominion recently on the topic so I'm not just saying this randomly off personal experience with bad Tryndameres in game or anything, here's the article.
Meh. I'm biased towards him because I started playing him back in s1 and have alot of experience, so I can usually make him function. I suppose he's out of place unless you snowball hard.

So don't take Tryn unless you're super experienced with him or looking for an intense challenge I suppose.
Old 07-5-2013, 12:51 AM   #7875
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

So I was looking for my replay from the PBE, and it turns out that the file extension for them is .ROFL (Replay OF LoL)

Proof: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...57144#34657144
Old 07-5-2013, 11:13 AM   #7876
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

i'll admit. I love playing Vayne (or any ADC) on Dominion. it's piss easy to Condemn people, Final Hour with Ghost/speed relic boost (rofl no one is ever getting away from you) and Tumble just making you even more mobile overall. although her core item (BORK) isn't available, it's still doable.
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Old 07-6-2013, 04:50 AM   #7877
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Old 07-6-2013, 05:34 AM   #7878
chez-the-guy
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chez-the-guy

icy plz

no
Old 07-6-2013, 10:41 AM   #7879
The_Popo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

now why cant my match history on my main account look like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg match.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-6-2013, 11:19 AM   #7880
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:

Used to play almost exclusively dominion. Objectives are very important. I'm like, 70% wins on dominion on one of my accounts with over 100 games playing exclusively bottom, for example, and I rarely go + KDA bottom. You can win games very easily going bottom simply by taking the bottom turret. Taking bottom = having to pull people from top = losing top = huge advantage.

Revive is 100% necessary bottom. If you don't take it, you fail. I can't count the # of times I've won bottom when I was losing simply because I had revive. I would however say that it's very much optional top. It's good, but not necessary like it is bottom.

At least one person should take Garrison for top. Bottom can take revive+garrison if they don't need other skills (e.g. Nunu).

OP champs depend very much on lane (E.g. the best tops and bottoms are very different).

Tops: #1 was definitely Khazix, but not sure after his nerfs. Probably Kassadin now. Kassadin mostly because of his mobility and ability to gank bottom and get back to top very quickly. Straight up Khazix was much better.

Followed very closely by Jayce, Wukong (FUCK THIS GUY, hidden OP. Busted as hell on this map), Lulu, Elise, Teemo, Zyra I would say are the strongest picks tops. There are some others, but those are priority picks basically.

I wouldn't consider Singed top tier, personally. Mediocre bottom, mediocre top. He's fast but who cares, he doesn't provide Siege and he doesn't provide a good defense either. He's mostly annoying, but that only counts when you have idiots that want to chase for kills at low level play.

If you want to be annoying but 100x more effective, pick Zilean. You are going to build basically mobility boots -> zepher/sheurylias, max his speed boost first. Now do NOTHING but backdoor points the entire game. Watch you rack in the wins and instill hilarious amounts of rage into the chat (one of the only ways to counterplay this is mobility boots janna, basically. It's extremely effective).

Top bottoms: Jayce, basically.

Nunu is also extremely strong. Played exclusively Nunu bot for a very long time, he wins or stalemates pretty much every lane other than a few. Sadly the change to his Q hurts his very early game a TON now, you have to be much more passive. Jayce, Jax, WW, Nasus all stalemate, Sivir, Xin and Cass are a straight up loss if they're good. Rest come down to skill and Nunu can win.

I would also add Urgot, because he has very few counters as well.

Other great bottoms, but with slightly more counter picks: Elise, Lulu, Malzahar, Zyra, Cass, Kog, Yorick, Jax, Teemo.

Completely overrated tier: HEIMERDINGER. He sucks shit bottom and is countered so easily. Heimer literally can't do anything to Nunu and gets shoved out and loses tower to so many bottoms. Yet for whatever reason people think he's broken in the bronzor league.

Once you get a good win rate going though I pretty much never see him anymore.

Last edited by Reach; 07-6-2013 at 11:31 AM..
Closed Thread