Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #21
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: Tass AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
Do you remember the reasons why the widgets were removed? Was DrugStoreCowboy the only one with record label contacts?
Removed from where? FFR or MySpace? Ricky was a huge help with getting bands signed up for widgets... but the biggest artists were all stuff that either Synth or I got, or they contacted us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
How often do you actually stop by FFR? I realize you're definitively done with FFR now, but you do occasionally stop by. Do you make an effort to hop in and say hello, or do you just get random urges to stop by?
Maybe once or twice a year? Or if someone I still talk to tells me that I'm being talked about and that I should swing by. So it's either random urges once in a blue moon or it's someone saying I need to read something.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Favorite memory of FFR (outside of stuff like the admincave etc)?
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #23
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Do you actually care about the future of this site or do you not give a flying fuck if it shuts down?

Do you recognize me at all?

Also how big is your e-penis
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Holy shit... The man returns...
So many fucking questions to ask...

Explain your FFR life. from when you first joined up to the point you left. I'm all ears for a good story.

do you have a blog I can follow?

is your youtube still Tasselfoot?

Last edited by Lambdadelta; 01-12-2013 at 12:31 AM..
Lambdadelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

How would one get on with Armor Games? Would it be enough to make a popular enough game on Newgrounds or Kongregate and then you'd be able to get on or what?

Why don't you visit FFR more often? Still have any hard feelings towards anyone?

How busy are you, on an average day?

What is your opinion on the various changes FFR has gone through since your departure?

If you had one wish what would it be?

On instant messengers, are you extra exclusive with who you talk to? I know I've sent you messages before to see how you were doing and what you were up to since it had been a long time -- only to find you ignored them. Not like wait a while for a response -- but like no response ever. After a few tries each spread out over a long time period and same result each time, I gave up. I understand if you're busy, but you might should indicate that in your status. If you'd prefer only a select few communicate with you, you should probably make your account private.

It came across to me as if you just didn't want to have anything to do with anyone if they were from FFR due to resentment against the FFR community or something like that since you were "done with FFR". Correct this if I am mistaken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #26
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Favorite memory of FFR (outside of stuff like the admincave etc)?
Hmm. Definitely community meetups. The 2 FFRCons in Ohio, the live TWG I went to in Virginia, getting free chicken from Isak's baby-mama (forget her name) in exchange for a photo of me for the photo scavenger hunt. There are so many... I had so much fun being at the center of FFR for all those years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Do you actually care about the future of this site or do you not give a flying fuck if it shuts down?

Do you recognize me at all?

Also how big is your e-penis
I will always care about the future of online rhythm gaming... but because of what happened between Synth and me, and Synth's overall apathy towards the success of this site... it's hard for me to care much at all.

I have no idea who you are.

My e-penis is MUCH bigger than my actual penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambdadelta View Post
Holy shit... The man returns...
So many fucking questions to ask...

Explain your FFR life. from when you first joined up to the point you left. I'm all ears for a good story.

do you have a blog I can follow?

is your youtube still Tasselfoot?
My FFR life? I've posted my FFR origin story a bunch of times over the years... have fun finding it in my 25,000+ posts. And I don't really want to spend the next hour writing up 5,000 words on 6 years of history; almost all of it can be found in my post history.

My blog is on tasselfoot.com, but I haven't posted on it in almost a year. Prior to that though, I was fairly active with it... so there is a decent bit of Tass history on there if you want to read through it.

My youtube is still youtube.com/tasselfoot, but since starting with Armor, I don't upload much on my own channel anymore. A lot of my content is added to youtube.com/armorgames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere View Post
How would one get on with Armor Games? Would it be enough to make a popular enough game on Newgrounds or Kongregate and then you'd be able to get on or what?

Why don't you visit FFR more often? Still have any hard feelings towards anyone?

How busy are you, on an average day?

What is your opinion on the various changes FFR has gone through since your departure?

If you had one wish what would it be?

On instant messengers, are you extra exclusive with who you talk to? I know I've sent you messages before to see how you were doing and what you were up to since it had been a long time -- only to find you ignored them. Not like wait a while for a response -- but like no response ever. After a few tries each spread out over a long time period and same result each time, I gave up. I understand if you're busy, but you might should indicate that in your status. If you'd prefer only a select few communicate with you, you should probably make your account private.

It came across to me as if you just didn't want to have anything to do with anyone if they were from FFR due to resentment against the FFR community or something like that since you were "done with FFR". Correct this if I am mistaken.
To get onto Armor, you have to go through me. I scour the flash game world every day to see what games have been released, which ones are doing well, and whether any of them would be a good fit for our users. Then I reach out to the developers and try to make a deal to get their game on our site. If you're looking to get into making flash games and making money from making flash games, I'd HIGHLY recommend joining www.fgl.com. It's the brokerage website for buying/selling flash games, and the users are generally helpful.

My only hard feelings towards FFR are with Synth, and even those are mostly just regret of what could have been. It's like any job... if you quit, you generally don't keep going back there just to hang out.

Generally I work 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week. More strenuous days could be up to about 5 hours. I've got a pretty good thing going

I really don't know the changes FFR has gone through since the site came back up in Oct 2010. I've only checked in 2-3 times since then, and besides knowing there is a "Velocity Engine"... I don't know much else.

More wishes? I have no idea... probably $7 billion dollars, taken from the coffers of Saudi oilmen?

In regards to IMs, I've had the same policy forever... if you don't tell me who you are and why you're IMing me, I'm going to ignore you. And up until about a year ago, I did clearly state this in my away message. Something to the effect of, "My status is set to away 24/7, but chances are I'm here. Leave me a message as to why you're IMing me and I'll get back to you shortly." But, in general, I am not a fan of worthless IMs... the whole baseless "Oh hi. How are you?" "Good." "Oh good." End of dialogue.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger, a raccoon, a starfish, a goblin, and a chimpanzee. You're holding As 10s and the flop is Jh 10d 7s. Immediately, the tiger confidently makes a bet of 2x the minimum. The raccoon folds. The starfish takes a while to think and then raises to 4x. The goblin folds. The chimpanzee is being really hyperactive and when it finally settles down it calls, while being overprotective of his cards. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

What are 5 uses for a stapler without staples?

Can you lick your elbow?

If you could pick 1 famous historical figure and randomly time-teleport them to present day for 1 day (as an observer, they can't interact with anything, to prevent paradoxes) during the middle of their life (this would confuse the hell out of them), whom would you pick?

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #28
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger, a raccoon, a starfish, a goblin, and a chimpanzee. You're holding As 10s and the flop is Jh 10d 7s. Immediately, the tiger confidently makes a bet of 2x the minimum. The raccoon folds. The starfish takes a while to think and then raises to 4x. The goblin folds. The chimpanzee is being really hyperactive and when it finally settles down it calls, while being overprotective of his cards. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

What are 5 uses for a stapler without staples?

Can you lick your elbow?

If you could pick 1 famous historical figure and randomly time-teleport them to present day for 1 day (as an observer, they can't interact with anything, to prevent paradoxes) during the middle of their life (this would confuse the hell out of them), whom would you pick?
What the hell am I doing in that game in the first place? That aside... I'd fold; middle pair with 3 to a straight and a flush with 2 raisers and a caller already in the pot? You know the tiger will call behind me... that guy is a maniac; not to worried about him. But the starfish is as tight as an asshole, so he's gotta be holding at least top-2 if not a set. Plus the chimp has the worst poker face ever, so he's got a quality hand too. My only shot is runner-runner or another ten, and even hitting trip 10s probably won't win. Easy fold. That's also not considering the preflop action.

I don't even own a stapler... I can't think of a single decent use for one. Except maybe as a projectile weapon towards your head. Get some paper clips.

I can not lick my elbow.

Tesla. Definitely Tesla. I think he would love and appreciate the future more than anyone else in history. That would be my reward to him... and, of course, I'd get to spend a day picking the brain of the greatest mad scientist of all time.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Coke or Pepsi?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #30
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

why dont u eat more burritos you sicko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #31
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

shuffle it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #32
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
shuffle it
lmfao
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

do you still look like ET

have you phoned home recently
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #34
Micah_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Coke or Pepsi?
Coke.

Micah_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #35
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Yeah, what's the story behind shuffle it rofl
Choofers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #36
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

So when can I step files in a cubicle
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #37
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

Sup bro
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #38
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

i remember you came out of nowhere and then was an admin for the werewolf game or something and then admin

i dont understand how this happened
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2013, 01:51 PM   #39
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Quote:
Coke or Pepsi?
I rarely drink anything except water or beer... but if I had to choose one of those, I prefer Pepsi. I'll take root beer or Dr Pepper over either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
why dont u eat more burritos you sicko
I ate 2 burritos last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post
do you still look like ET

have you phoned home recently
I look like ET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
So when can I step files in a cubicle
Probably never I don't know who you are, but I assume you're referring to our divine plans to hire full time stepfilers for ThirdStyle. That plan died before it ever got off the ground when Synth decided to bring FFR back 3 weeks before we launched ThirdStyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapps View Post
i remember you came out of nowhere and then was an admin for the werewolf game or something and then admin

i dont understand how this happened
I came out of nowhere, started posting obsessively on the forums, joined LD's 1st official tournament and constantly yelled at him about what he was doing wrong, he told me to run the 2nd official tournament, I did, I continued to post obsessively and also talk to LD, Chardish, and SpookG regularly, eventually got made a mod because of obsessive posting on forums and getting in good with the right people, did that for a few years, took over handling simfiles from LD, kept doing that, eventually pressured Synth into paying me.

Something like that, at least.
Old 08-8-2013, 01:53 PM   #40
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
Yeah, what's the story behind shuffle it rofl
swage