Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #1501
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
So you're saying that Dora not flipping Acqui is inevitable or that it's inevitable that they're flipping Acqui?

No I’m saying if we were to go the route of trying to keep the acquisitioner alive while blocking his moves, there’s bound to be a mistake at some point, which would lead to us losing them
Old 03-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #1502
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
if dora acquires a wolf, does she gain access to the wolf quicktopic too?

From my understanding of the OP, yea
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #1503
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
that's right!

-.-
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #1504
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
that's right!
oh sweet that was easier than i expected what what
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #1505
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
if dora acquires a wolf, does she gain access to the wolf quicktopic too?
I would assume so, yes.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #1506
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Ninja'd by Fauna
Old 03-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #1507
TWG Dora
FFR Player

That would seriously be messed up if I relayed quick topic info, but it would be spicy to the max
Old 03-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #1508
TWG Dora
FFR Player

@del

I still 100% stand by my final reads list

my first vote would be Chief
Old 03-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #1509
TWG Del
FFR Player

thanks friend of friends
Old 03-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #1510
TWG Julian
FFR Player

i was thinking there's the slightest possibility where we vote on who dora acquires next so that she can potentially access the wolf QT and figure out as much as she can, but i agree that there's way too much that could go wrong, not to mention the possibility for a double-cross.

so, ultimately not worth it, even if it'd be a fun strat to try
Old 03-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #1511
TWG Chrissy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
No I’m saying if we were to go the route of trying to keep the acquisitioner alive while blocking his moves, there’s bound to be a mistake at some point, which would lead to us losing them
Ahhh OK makes sense.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #1512
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Dora, does Maple being the first one to suggest keeping you alive by PI'ing you affect your wolf read on them at all?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #1513
TWG Dora
FFR Player

I know my word probably doesnt count for a lot but I ~would~ stick to playing pacifistic. The onus would be on the wolf team to kill me because they stand to lose the most by my continued existence.

After its all said and done and if/when I die you should come back to this moment and look at how people were pushing/voting me.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #1514
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

sup, sidekicks. Reading through now.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #1515
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Dora, does Maple being the first one to suggest keeping you alive by PI'ing you affect your wolf read on them at all?
It drops them to the bottom of my "kill these 4 people list"

AKA i acknowledge that she probably represents the place where I am wrong.

that is absolutely not something a wolf would want. Same with julian, he gets points from me too.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #1516
TWG Dora
FFR Player

and i guess you get points for noticing it
Old 03-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #1517
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Big sigh. I could really go for a grilled cheese sandwich. I guess I'll just use the motivation to get one to make some more reads, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Still a 66% chance that boomer hit a bulletproof, with the other 33% being that he was roleblocked, and that roleblock would have to initially go through a 1/17 odds first (1/19, -1 because Del, -1 because themselves.)

I like the odds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Huh? How is that hunting prs? I'm trying to make sense of what happened in the night. Something doesn't add up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Anyway, it's late I need sleep but something definitely seems super off so digging I will go tomorrow. There's just no way things aligned just so for the cop to be blocked, no night kill no aqui and the vigi shot blocked. Like that's just insane and I'm not sure how I feel atm that both the cop and vigi supposedly targeted the same person either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I didn't like Phil's post early on in this phase regarding having people list what they would have done as each PR and also the post about having the town blocked claim. I might make a more detailed post about this later.

I'm currently trying to piece together what happened in the night with the info that Del gave this phase and the vigi claim. I'll be making a post soon for what I consider to be the likely possibilities.
I lumped these into the same section because I only have one thing to say: Why are we still theorizing and hypothesizing about what happened in the night? Speculation gains us no ground and wastes time. You're better off just making reads on players, mrmpht. After a certain point in time, I am going to just start calling this attempts to feign actual town activity and not really adding anything. Stop it!

Also, cool points to whoever said the "gaslighting" line about trying to out the blocker. I forgot to highlight your post and I'm too lazy to go back and find it, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
thought you said something about not letting it go
Nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
what I did is exceedingly common on other sites
this is just at the point where its annoying
Yep! I don't know why more people on FFR don't do this. It's great strategy. It makes anti-town work much harder to lie and find out certain bits of information. Also, in case a PR is killed before claiming, you have their historical information. It's as cool as an ice cream sundae on a blazing hot day, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dora View Post
I am claiming boomer got blocked or i got medic saved. Thats the only thing that makes sense from my point of view
You kinda ruined any potential excuses when you said the "outing yourself" line a few posts before. Sorry, but nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
I can't tell if this is English or some rare form of dialect that we humans are too stupid to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Also what the hell is this? This post makes my brain hurt
There's a reason why Tank is in my null pile. I almost find it harder to read Tank's posts than Maple's posts eawliew in the game. Earlier, I mean.

Quote:
I'm catching up and I'm at your message right here. Been reading the entire school day since page 53 and am about to move to a restaurant space after school ends (it's a half-day today) to try to make sense of things.

Also to respond to someone (PRETTY sure it was Punchy) who said my big post yesterday was "All over the place", I totally agree. I was attempting to do it in character but that... proves problematic when you need to give info. My whole goal was to RP my character while still being useful, but that's obviously not happened so I've kinda given up on the RP part.
Yes, yes it was me. However, see my response to you in a second.

Quote:
also, i wanna apologize to punchy. while i still think the style of posting a bunch of quotes in one big post compliments wolf style of play, it's soooooo much nicer than having animals like tank and eugene clutter the thread as they catch up and reply to stuff from pages and pages before, some of which isn't even relevant or has already been discussed to death

It's all good. Whatcha think about my case on Flurry?

Quote:
I'm gonna head on home so I'll be back in a bit!
It seems like you just discussed the claims of Del/Boomer and some other very minor things, posted a votecount, and then dipped. What do you think of players that aren't at the centerfold? It's starting to become difficult to discern who is just ranting about this topic of claims to sound towny and who is talking about it without realizing it's not doing the greatest job scumhunting, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
Punchy is very not townie for trying to CFD me there. The context of the two wagons was lynch all in-actives yes? I'd been a fairly active player, even though my post count was not spam level high, my posts at that point of the game were stronger in the game related pile, than the fluff pile. The CFD attempt on me was absolute nonsense and you are subtly attempting to tunnel me. Rest of the post is fine to acceptable to me.
Did you not read the part of my post where I said I was reconsidering you? It's a shame that you missed it because I respond to the problems that you bring up in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
Look at the timing of the vote, mrmpht. It was within the last 90 seconds of EOD, and there was no way I was legitimately going to swing. Truth be told, I wasn't really reading into Zucker that much aside from the fact they weren't here. I didn't like Mathilda out of the inactive bunch over Zucker and the other ones as they were a bit more involved.

And while we're on the topic of Chief, I thought about Chief over the night. I thought I had a read on the player they were, and I thought they were acting wolfy. The player I had in mind usually cracks and crashes out of the thread upon extended provocation, but I reread their posts and progression again and I just didn't see it. I'm cooling off of Chief for now, mrmpht.
Here it is since you appear to have glossed over my posts. Just hold the OMGUS back a little, you dig?

Quote:
flurry's looking worse and worse as the game goes on
As I mentioned above, what do you think of my case on Flurry? You said you apologized about my bigposting, so did you see the details that I posted on her, mrmpht?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I promise, I'll do an effort next phase. The Vigi claim locked the game in my mind and I loss interest.

It's also preferable that others than me get the spotlight today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I don't want to play the "If Dora is town/wolf/acqui I think ____ " game.

History has proven that it's better I save my energy after flip.
No! This is lamer than cutting in line at a buffet! Look at how many other players are in the game that you can still ISO and attempt to parse. There's no excuse for ignoring other players just because you're trying to solve Dora. Just lynch her and be over with it, mrmpht.

You know what, I'm going to put a vote on Flurry just to show how I feel right now. I'll be joining the wagon on Dora, of course, but I want people to know how I feel.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #1518
TWG Dora
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
You kinda ruined any potential excuses when you said the "outing yourself" line a few posts before. Sorry, but nice try.
I meant outing my actual identity
Old 03-11-2020, 07:49 PM   #1519
TWG Dora
FFR Player

also cant wait to see punchy's reaction when he gets to my claim
Old 03-11-2020, 07:49 PM   #1520
TWG Dora
FFR Player

tbh seeing the reactions to this is the most fun ive had in twg in a while
Closed Thread