Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 03:02 AM   #4421
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I'm not going to do this now, but I think we need to start caring about who Molly tried to block again
Old 03-22-2020, 03:05 AM   #4422
TWG Phil
FFR Player

goes without saying, but I'm extremely annoyed at how last EOD went
Agent S should be dead; there should've been a 5 minute extension or something considering the votecount was wrong up until the very end of the phase
Old 03-22-2020, 03:06 AM   #4423
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Cole is not who I wanted, obviously

sometime in the next few hours, I'll try to get a full, updated reads list out again
Old 03-22-2020, 03:11 AM   #4424
TWG Phil
FFR Player

im probably going to begin missing eods
Old 03-22-2020, 03:13 AM   #4425
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
Cole is not who I wanted, obviously

sometime in the next few hours, I'll try to get a full, updated reads list out again
Given that final post, I feel like who you wanted was also a miss.

I could be wrong, but that'd be quite upsetting.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:18 AM   #4426
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Well, either that or im getting dunked pretty hard by AtE.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:29 AM   #4427
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I have to say that this is an interesting take on Apollo.

I'll have to reread more what happened there because I don't remember much out of him.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:19 AM   #4428
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm not going to do this now, but I think we need to start caring about who Molly tried to block again
So I'm curious why you're bringing this up, unless you're suggesting Eugene/Yuka is a wolf. Here's a post I made after molly died that for the most part got ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Alrighty, I've gone and read Molly and I'm gonna try cover every single instance of Molly being suspicious of someone.

Phil

Early phases. Hasn't mentioned thoughts on Phil any time recently.

Agent S

This was in response to Agent S stating he thinks its likely the wolves attacked Del night 1. Nothing since.

Chrissy

Julian

Mathilda

Eugene

Molly has seemed fairly indecisive of Eugene, and it also seems like Eugene would be her biggest suspicion by EoD yesterday. If we were basing her night actions on her scumreads, this would be my guess at who she blocked.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:19 AM   #4429
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

that didnt work, try this:

Alrighty, I've gone and read Molly and I'm gonna try cover every single instance of Molly being suspicious of someone.

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I didn't like Phil's post early on in this phase regarding having people list what they would have done as each PR and also the post about having the town blocked claim. I might make a more detailed post about this later
Quote:
Phil: Despite my saltiness towards him saying blocker should claim, town. However, if in the rare event that we somehow find out wolves did the galaxy brain move of not sending a kill last night to sow confusion, I think it might be worth looking at Phil more carefully.
Early phases. Hasn't mentioned thoughts on Phil any time recently.

Agent S
Quote:
I want to say that there is likely to be at least one wolf amongst those trying to normalize the idea of the doc not saving cop and/or wolves targeting cop.
This was in response to Agent S stating he thinks its likely the wolves attacked Del night 1. Nothing since.

Chrissy
Quote:
This looks like a lame attempt to pocket Phil. You should want to hold your vote back because you want to wait until EoD to make sure a lynch doesn't happen.
Julian
Quote:
Julian: Anyone that is wolf reading him because he was pushing for a Del lynch at EoD is dumb. However, I didn't like how you were somewhat flip-flopping regarding your read on me. I was honestly surprised that a single post that I made on d0 seemed to satisfy you (if TWG has taught me anything, it's that I'm not good at being convincing). I was thinking you might revisit the idea of my being wolf this phase, especially due to my absence, but you seemed to mostly be quiet on this. I still have a strong wolf-lean of you because of this.
Quote:
I'd say to shoot either Julian, Chief, maybe Mathilda. I'm not caught up though so take this with a grain of salt.
Mathilda
Quote:
Mathilda: Didn't really care for the lazy attitude on d0. And nothing strikes me as particularly towny from you this phase either. Might put as slight wolf lean for now...might change a tad if I have time to do an iso later.
Quote:
I'd say to shoot either Julian, Chief, maybe Mathilda. I'm not caught up though so take this with a grain of salt.
Eugene
Quote:
Eugene: Slight town lean.
Quote:
I started entertaining the idea of a Eugene wolf and the reads from flurry and del regarding eugene did somewhat resonate with me. I will definitely say, Eugene is definitely putting in solid effort into the game. However I feel like most games tend to have at least 1 active high-postcount wolf that tends to be near-univerally townread early game so I try not to forget that such wolves can exist. In particular, the posting style seems very towny at first glance: post after post and many interactions. A wolf that's confident in their ability to interact with others can rack up a high post count and have a large "presence" in the thread, so easy townie points. However, as Del brings up, "Eugene is relying a lot off of quoting and then just reacting to a quote, instead of giving raw, genuine thoughts on people/situations". Although one could explain things away by appealing to posting styles, I think that Del might be on to something.

Although this sounds OMGUS-y, I found it incredibly opportunistic that you hopped on Boomer's read on my "AMA" post, especially after you "missed" it the first time you posted. Also, when I asked if anything significant happened since the aqui claim, you said "you're on nearly everyone's watch list and everyone wants you dead". However, if it is the case that lots of people wanted me dead, when I eventually went back to read what I missed, your response was hardly indicative of what was going on in the thread. My guess is that you were trying to evoke some type of response out of me, idk.
Quote:
I'm sorry Eugene that I had made you upset; I don't intend for my reads to also be personal insults. I do see you as town for now though because of the way you reacted.
Molly has seemed fairly indecisive of Eugene, and it also seems like Eugene would be her biggest suspicion by EoD yesterday. If we were basing her night actions on her scumreads, this would be my guess at who she blocked.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:41 AM   #4430
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

There is no universe where I vote Eugene in this game.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:56 AM   #4431
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
There is no universe where I vote Eugene in this game.

Which is why I’m curious why phil brings it up, seeing as it really only leads to agent s and himself

Both weak and very early reads by molly
Old 03-22-2020, 05:05 AM   #4432
TWG Phil
FFR Player

it probably leads somewhere, I think

by the way, if anyone still thinks it was scummy of me to suggest PRs leave stuff like that, we would know someone wasn't the wolf roleblocker if Molly did that, because whoever she targeted n1 couldn't have blocked Del that night

I'm going to look for myself, maybe there's something we've been missing, Fauna.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:43 AM   #4433
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I feel like Agent S/Apollo is T/W at most due to this.

It would feel pretty weird for me that this would be W/W content.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:49 AM   #4434
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

@Phil
Hypocop is golden. No problem here.
Quote:
I'm thinking blocker claiming might be a good idea
I can't just ever imagine the wolves trying to kill Del last night
This is the claim part I don't understand unless you mean doing that inside the hypocop train.

I thought you were like asking for a straight up claim and went like nani ?!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:18 AM   #4435
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
@Phil
Hypocop is golden. No problem here.

This is the claim part I don't understand unless you mean doing that inside the hypocop train.

I thought you were like asking for a straight up claim and went like nani ?!
this is a really long answer

I kinda knew people on FFR wouldn't like me asking for hypo stuff, been here long enough to know. Did it anyways. Knew the blocker would probably have that kind of reaction, but if I can engage the claimed roles about it (don't really remember asking them directly, didn't want to do it directly) then the blocked might trust it a little more

its supremely tilting to have a role that can provide information die without claiming their information, or at least hinting at it in their iso. We should be able to clear someone from being the mafia roleblocker, but unless Molly left something in their iso that we've been missing, we can't

this guarantees the info, and it also became even better once boomer claimed, because that's who the mafia are going to have to block from that point onwards, and the blocker would have free reign

I didn't even factor in the vigi shooting the blocker, but that ended up happening when Molly probably was fairly free to claim

people on FFR always reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee whenever someone asks PRs to claim, so I knew it was probably going to be bad for me in the end, but look at it like this (for this, I am going to assume the mafia tried to kill del n1)

mafia put kp on del n1, they also block him, but del is saved
we know the second part is true unless Molly is a moron

boomer claims the next day, mafia have already priced themselves into shooting del the following night, and they are heavily incentivized to block boomer because town killing more people is really bad for the wolves

the blocker can fairly reasonably claim here. mafia have to block boomer for the remainder of the game that he's alive, and the blocker can basically out the roleblocker by claiming on the following day if we see boomer's shot go through (yes, the mafia can wifom this, but it is a very dangerous game)

because the doctor is hidden, its a long time before the mafia can get around to killing the blocker after killing boomer (Mathilda outing ruined this, but she had basically claimed already, I guess)

the blocker claiming does a lot of things:
1) confirms someone as never the mafia roleblocker
2) can out the mafia roleblocker later
3) stops the town roleblocker from ever dying without providing information (this is my biggest point)
4) gives town another voice, and one that is a direct threat to the mafia that they cannot address at the current time because Boomer is very big and scary

having 4 people confirmed to be not-wolves (Del, Boomer, Dora and the blocker) on that day would've been really helpful for developing reads, and was a direct threat to the mafia (I know Dora was also a threat to town)
Old 03-22-2020, 06:19 AM   #4436
TWG Phil
FFR Player

basically, I knew it was probably a losing game, considering so many people are just inherently going to dislike hypoing, even though its really good, so I figured just going the full mile on FFR would be better, again figuring the blocker probably wouldn't like it

important, I also completely forgot this until just now, I was under the impression that the blocker probably blocked a nightkill (but we knew they didn't block the roleblocker) because I thought it was really stupid for the mafia to have targeted Del, but it really looks like that's what happened now
Old 03-22-2020, 06:20 AM   #4437
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I am beginning to think this will be a really lackluster phase for me, I might do a lot less solving than I thought, and without a miracle, I will miss EOD
Old 03-22-2020, 07:03 AM   #4438
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Thanks! That makes sense enough for me.

I feel like this is going to be a tricky phase for votes.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:54 AM   #4439
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
If there's anyone who likes a juicy slip like that it's me and I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking that it could be a possibility but my town read on fauna is hard to get over
Quote:
My read on them hasn't really changed. The slip kinda tints it red but i don't think it would make me lower her townieness in my eyes right now
Quote:
Lynch order for today for me would be

Maple
Flurry
Cole

It's hard to not have Cole on the lynch list for today when the previous players left Cole in such a bad position. I do like that they're interacting but that's about it. Their back and forth with cherry felt like it didn't need to happen imo
Quote:
Agent s for tomorrow
Quote:
Heat of the moment leads to less thinking while posting which means more pure thoughts imo. But you're right. I was more willing to give fauna a pass for the bus post because I was townreading them at the time.

why would you be nervous about the 24hr switch?

iirc they posted that they knew or were pretty sure they knew who maple was. They said maple was totally capable of playing like they did as a wolf.

Just judging by what you said on me I wouldn't be surprised if what you noted on others was twisting the narrative to make the lunch pool just be between me agent s and tank.
Quote:
You're not looking good fauna. You're looking like you're trying to build a case for a mislynch
I see the progression more, I guess it was just in the dead zone when I was skimming through stuff at EOD.

annoying
thought I had something decent
Old 03-22-2020, 07:56 AM   #4440
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I still don't really like that they didn't go on Agent S, and only weakly questioned there, when they made a show of not liking them before, but I do see the progression towards the Fauna scumread
Closed Thread