Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #241
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
yeaaaah I worded it wrong lol, i meant 'ive ignored jrodd since i just noticed hes inactive, but jrodd is now a shadow and shadow is in shitpost mode so that doesn't help reads for me'
Have you played with a wolf shadow before?
Old 02-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #242
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Out of these three, who do you want to hear from the most? Gradiant posted a little bit ago and gave his thoughts on a few people. Roundy's probably gonna do something, knowing him.

Out of the three I'm the most concerned with is Poptart as he's done this a couple times and has rolled wolf while doing so

I must have missed gradiants post, I’ll go back and read. In answer to your question, all of them? You guys haven’t played with me before, yea, but I haven’t played with any of you before. Roundbox probably going to do something is no less concerning to me than poptart, cause he hasn’t done anything
Old 02-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #243
Gradiant

I mean yeah i haven't posted much compared to some people here but prob check before you post like that so you don't have flat out lies in there.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #244
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I mean yeah i haven't posted much compared to some people here but prob check before you post like that so you don't have flat out lies in there.

Fair point
Old 02-20-2020, 08:26 PM   #245
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

13 people viewing the thread... 13 players in the game.... HMMMMMMMMMM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 02-20-2020, 08:26 PM   #246
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

AND WE ON PAGE 13
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 02-20-2020, 08:27 PM   #247
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Have you played with a wolf shadow before?
if I have i have forgotten. I see where you are going with this, and my read on him is based off of just bolth. Im starting to believe this read less and less but imma still try to defend it because i might be on to something

Old 02-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #248
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
im cereal

one of the things i had the most trouble with when i was just a baby wolf was responding to probes, even if they were obvious jokes. I did my fair share of really weird jokey or awkward deflections
I mean, how did you expect him to respond? I've hated most reaction tests just because you can move the goalposts wherever the fuck you want to call someone out
what merit freezin would have doing this to a new player? probably nothing unless he's a wolf. I don't see him picking the easy target to tunnel on as a wolf tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
TWG logic wants me to believe that this is not a W/W scenario.

That it could be T/W or T/T and that Freezin is most likely a T because wolves don't usually hard push stuff like that this early because they tend to not live really long.

The question is; how to read Bolth mannn ?
if this is W/W I will put a bunch of forks instead of raviolis in the microwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
This might be me having the usual hallucination, but..

I read this as a wolf voting another wolf for fun to appear more towny.

This post is like confirming that she's okay with the above post rather than being confused or looking for an explanation.

It leads me to think Bolth mannn/Raeko are the same alignment, because I don't understand their interaction as two towns.
I really, really, REALLY don't see this at all
I'm not including the later post where haku says that they're okay keeping this read on their interaction, but I feel like this is reading into the most hollow of introduction posts for something as strong as partner interactions
this just seems like raeko responding like normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
this might be my confirmation bias speaking but that does fit with the theme of really awkward posts from bolth

i think it has a higher chance of being T/W though because mello is generally really friendly and i could see her having that interaction as a town.

obv i dont think its T/T.

So to me its another stripe for bolth
agree on the raeko, same thoughts as earlier about bolthmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Alrighty, d0 analysis time.

From what I understand of the games Ive read, almost all d0 votes are pretty much based on nothing. At the end of the day, I’m the new kid on the block and I absolutely expected someone to grill me to see how I react. How I see it, there’s not a single response I could have given to the initial question that someone wouldn’t have read into. Very smart for Xiz to do me like that.

Freezin was word vomit from the start, and he hardpushed me based on nearly nothing, but again, I expected someone to, so I don’t think he’s acting overly suspicious, especially as he seems to be a vet based on the reactions to him in the signup thread, I wouldn’t expect him to make such a mistake early on.

My vote for Melon was obvs based on nothing, but chars reading of that is probably the smartest thing I’ve read in the thread this far so I don’t blame anyone for thinking this way. Early joke votes are common in past games so i didn’t think much of it but obviously again being the new guy I’m gonna be heavily scrutinised.

Way I see it, it’s way too early to know who any wolves might be. I’m upset melon didn’t respond with something more to go off. I did notice char has adopted the wise old towny role, which is always a good stance to take when someone’s going a bit word crazy, so I have slight suspicions on him, as well as Xiz, who was very quick to claim innocence, but honestly guys, way too early no?
I see why Xiz is like "this guy might be lying about his gameplay", but I liked this post a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
what exactly does this mean? what kind of mistake do you think freezin wouldn't make as an expert? more importantly is his aggro on you not a mistake?

in a similar vein what about him being a vet makes him less suspicious?
aside from this part; I think this is a solid take from backpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
I've been re-reading the thread and I have to say I'm not as suspicious anymore. My previous suspicion was based on you acting overly calm and rational while freezin was acting overly all over the place, which is a great way to seem trustworthy and get people to listen to you. I've looked at your post history and it seems pretty consistent with your posting style, though. I think it just seemed more extreme during the moment. Again, though, it was only a slight suspicion, as mentioned.

well i'm definitely horny

I have played 4 games of TWG in my life, however, these were back in 2009, I was 14 years old and if you read over the games I was completely awful at it. Since then I've forgotten about TWG until about a month ago. In that time I've been reading old games and a few of the more recent less complicated ones, and I'm more or less playing this completely blind.

It's the fact that from a few weeks of my own research, I gathered that hard pushing so early in a game is almost always a terrible idea, so it seems out of character for a 'vet' to make such a simple mistake without an ulterior motive. I assume since he is a vet, he is just grilling the new player hard because he is confident he can protect himself and keep suspicions at bay. If he was not a vet, I would assume straight away that he is a wolf.

See thats the thing that is confusing me, I'm clearly in danger and more or less have been since the very start, but is there anything I've done thats inherently wolfy? Storn, DaBackPack, Xiz, and others seem to get away with posting lots of shit that, if posted by me, I feel would also be getting highly scrutinised. Is it simply the fact that I'm a new player? It seems the safest way for a new player to play is to say as little as possible, but that doesnt seem fun.

From my last point, this is what I mean. Raeko and I seem to have similar posting styles, but he is getting read as town, and I am getting targeted as wolf. Have my posts actually been awkward or do you guys just not know my posting style yet?

Regardless, I'm going to observe for longer and re-read the thread a few more times before I start deciding who to vote for. As I said earlier, I think it's just too early in the game, and we haven't even heard from some people yet. unvote
this post is also pretty cool; I think everyone reading wolf into bolthmann is having that new player bias syndrome
(also raeko is a she)
boltmann is doing a good job emulating standard ffr play. someone mentioned confidence in his play (I think it was Xiz), and I think that's something hard to fake coming back as a wolf.

Quote:
Brothman is really interesting.

I think they are telling us half truths about how many games they have played. Either that or we (few of us) assumed this is broths first game with no prior gameplay experience.

They have stated they have read a few games to better prepare themselves, which makes me believe the VT question was a dumbbell.

I’ve never seen a new player make such a long, confident, and serious post in the history of twg and it excites me. Either way however he flips I think they are gonna be a strong player and people shouldn’t put a newbie blanket over them.
oh yeah here's where Xiz says confident
I don't disagree with keeping the pressure on him (as you should on everybody), but I think driving him into wolf territory is far too much fmpov
Old 02-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #249
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
(also raeko is a she)
alright it worked i've been pocketed, never voting for roundbox ever
Old 02-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #250
Xiz
TWG Chaos

lol

Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #251
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The question I gotta ask myself right is, would town Freezin effort post so hard and when he's called out for it when he agree that I have a point and be chill, factoring in the knowledge that we use to tunnel hard as town's on d0 like all the time

If I assume that Freezin is wolf and I'm a God at d0 reads, would that contradict my feelings on Haku and Xiz?

No.

Frankly it just seems like 3 people are trying to pocket me rn. Especially Haku's statement that MixMasterWolf wouldn't go there knowing he's town.

Like, I would and have?
I think MML is the towniest of my reads atm. I think his awareness of pocketing is like, hyper-elevated. I agree with most of his reads as well (still deciding where Xiz is at though). JUST DON'T ACCUSE ME OF TRYING TO POCKET YOU BY TOWNREADING YOU HERE, OKAY???

Quote:
I find this HIGHLY suspicious, what kind of response is this to make to someone????
lol

Quote:
I don't like this combined with the vote on Raeko
now YOU'RE reading into it too much?

Quote:
Don't believe I've played a game with a wolf shadow before but I don't really think one would question something like this? slight town lean for him right here.

By volume clear I'd assume 'being town by posting a lot', which isn't really a thing. Any role could just spam the thread with stuff, look at ffa the last game.

Town lean for fatfuck as well, statements like xiz's entrance are generally looked down upon here and it'd be easy for him to skate by saying that same thought. But he's disagreeing with mml there that it's a scummy post instead.
I don't see how shadowgod asking about the volume clear as a wolf is necessarily alignment indicative. are you suggesting he would say this in wolf chat instead and get clarity from them?

I have liked plop's entrance as well though

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
Idk if a mod is gonna approve the post I sent earlier today so I'll just write it out again. Seems like it's even more relevant now too, lol

Basically, I think we need to be extra careful when trying to read bolth. Maybe it's because the word Red is right there in his avatar, but playing with him reminds me of playing with Red Blaster in the past. Red would post something that you'd typically read one way if it were anyone else, but coming from him you'd have no idea what his motivation was. Very unpredictable and difficult to parse.

Like with this quote here, originally I was suspicious of why bolth was describing himself as "clearly in danger" so early on. Some people hadn't posted anything of substance yet, EoD was a while off yet, etc etc. Seemed like a wolfy thing to think, but after mulling it over I think it's more so him being a new player who's eager to play and doesn't wanna get knocked out early regardless of how he's aligned.

I bring this up because, if my take is right and bolth similar to Red, I don't want a repeat of what happened in some Red games, where we wasted lynches and time and energy trying to decipher him based on criteria that we shouldn't have applied to him.
we're coming to similar conclusions to bolth, but from different perspectives
I do agree with the wonderful segway into red blaster, lmao
I think we should be bold with a lynch today instead of go for a target who hasn't really done anything egregiously wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
I'm surprised to see people reading haku as town. First post he says we should focus on finding townies before hunting wolves, but then he goes in on the raeko/bolth interaction. His words don't align with his actions.

Then, the actual raeko/bolth read stinks. He's reading way too much into that interaction. It was such a basic early game horsin around conversation, and thinking that raeko's "</3" response is an inside joke between wolves is pretty out there. Wolves aren't gonna be winking at each other and giggling to themselves right there in the thread like that.

I know he has limited time to play so he's gonna be looking for something substantial out of the limited posts there were at the time, but...c'mon, lol. It reads to me like he's more interested in looking like he's trying to solve the game than actually working at solving it.
hey man come on get out of my head
MiNdMelD

Quote:
That works for me.

Hmm.. I wanna hear more from Subaru. I feel like we've all forgotten about him
Quote:
Yeah i don't buy it. This with the whole 'fuck you' to freezin feels weird.

bolth

I don't want Bolth to die because new player but it's my strongest read atm. If Bolth is wolf then freezin is like 80% wolf, but i don't want to assume that until a flip happens.

Bolth/Roundbox/Poptart/Freezin is where i'm at for wolves. I have no issue killing afk's atm consdiering how im town reading most everyone else or at least have them as null.
I don't think wolf freezin has incentive to push a new player here. it seems like far too easy of a target for him to latch his wolfy jaws onto
I still disagree with boltmann being wolfy

Quote:
or you can bring up something new with people who are here already?
however, I really like this post from Xiz. I feel like shadowgod is starting to tunnel on bolthmann a bit too much and is suggesting that the narrative of the thread is gonna be focused just on him
there are 13 players in this game, why shift it towards the lowest-hanging fruit?

Quote:

roundbox's triumphant return to the thread
it me

Quote:
alright it worked i've been pocketed, never voting for roundbox ever
that was easy
Old 02-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #252
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
if I have i have forgotten. I see where you are going with this, and my read on him is based off of just bolth. Im starting to believe this read less and less but imma still try to defend it because i might be on to something
What are you working out in your head? I'm interested.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-20-2020, 08:52 PM   #253
Xiz
TWG Chaos

eh its stupid

Considering how boolth was so aggro out of what apperaed to be nowhere, and had such formulated and detailed opinions right from the getgo as a new player, i was trying to figure why the hell he would act like that. if there is a wolf chat where the partners are talking I wouldnt be surprised if like, he tried to distance from freezin or something but then freezin is like 'nah dude dont do that'

look its such a low % of being true but thats where my mind went and i do see that but at this stage its so tunnel vision, and its why i didnt say it at the start so... yeah lol

honest read. is it a good one? most likely not. If it's right tho... that snipe would be stupid funny :P

Old 02-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #254
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

haku and [twgv]shadowgod[/twv] are rubbin me the wrong way atm

bolthmann is a light town, and I think freezin picking him as his d0 "I'ma tunnel this guy" is also probably a light town tell for the moment

mml and plop are looking the towniest among people

Xiz has done things I like and things I don't like, but I want to see him respond to my idea about freezin's incentive before I pass further judgment

backpack has made an observation I like
gradiant gave a read that I think is nai, but he's null for now

everyone else has yet to make a major impression on me
Old 02-20-2020, 08:54 PM   #255
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

messed up my tags, nice
shadowgod
Old 02-20-2020, 08:55 PM   #256
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I forgot how fun TWG is
I've been pretty busy adjusting to my new position, but hopefully that'll clear up for next semester
Old 02-20-2020, 08:56 PM   #257
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I don't see how shadowgod asking about the volume clear as a wolf is necessarily alignment indicative. are you suggesting he would say this in wolf chat instead and get clarity from them?
Nah? If I was suggesting that then I would've also included something about them both being wolves. It's more about like my first couple wolf games, I wouldn't make little prods about stuff like that and would sorta just lay back looking for bigger things I could dig into instead to build cases with. This question here seemed a bit more like a town trying hard to look for shit. But I don't remember playing games with a wolf shadow before which is why I asked that. Meta issue there.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #258
Gradiant

Xiz, that post was less a confrontation about your read and more asking for input to help out my read.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #259
Xiz
TWG Chaos

[quote=roundbox;4714198]I mean, how did you expect him to respond? I've hated most reaction tests just because you can move the goalposts wherever the fuck you want to call someone out
what merit freezin would have doing this to a new player? probably nothing unless he's a wolf. I don't see him picking the easy target to tunnel on as a wolf tho

yeah, if freezin is a wolf. I just posted about it, look at my post before this. This goes off my w/w freezin/bolth crazy theory

Old 02-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #260
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Xiz, that post was less a confrontation about your read and more asking for input to help out my read.
oh oops.

Closed Thread