Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-7-2008, 11:46 PM   #1921
Matthew4444
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Matthew4444
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Sure it wouldn't be the same, but it would still be fun. Sure, it could be made in MUGEN, but I was thinking that the swordplay/weaponsplay should probably take a greater focus.

Oh well, as an idea, it will just have to be filed away with all the other countless ideas that fans had that will never come into existence.

EDIT: Wow, Sakurai managed to surprise us with new information after the game came out. Now that takes skill. I'm surprised no one has discovered this yet though.

Last edited by Matthew4444; 02-8-2008 at 01:25 AM..
Matthew4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2008, 04:06 PM   #1922
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew4444 View Post
Sure it wouldn't be the same, but it would still be fun. Sure, it could be made in MUGEN, but I was thinking that the swordplay/weaponsplay should probably take a greater focus.

Oh well, as an idea, it will just have to be filed away with all the other countless ideas that fans had that will never come into existence.

EDIT: Wow, Sakurai managed to surprise us with new information after the game came out. Now that takes skill. I'm surprised no one has discovered this yet though.
if youre talking about zero suit samus in the beginnig of battle well i knew that from some sources, however i didn't know you could transform her in the middle of a battle XD sakurai is a genius
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2008, 04:12 PM   #1923
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Marth's Counter has been changed, it appears to be better than its Melee version (unless of course, the time was shortened to compensate for the increased damage). In Melee, it always did 7% damage, now it deals 1.1x the damage Marth would've taken.

Also, I don't think anyone knew about the alternate method of obtaining ZSS through taunts, but to be quite honest, I don't think anyone would miss it if that wasn't implemented.

EDIT: Also, reading up on Enemies and Allies, the last line ("There's one character who has an usual method of distinguishing friend from foe") refers to Lucario. SSE spoilers ahead, so I'll white them out. Highlight if you want to see.

At one point, Lucario and company are in the Halberd. Snake is hiding behind a wall, in his box, and Lucario becomes suspicious of it. He uses some ability to see into the box, and sees Snake surrounded with a blue/white aura. He takes off the box, and the other characters are ready to fight, but Lucario stops them. He then scans behind them to see a swirling red aura. So basically, blue/white aura = friend, red aura = enemy for Lucario

Last edited by Relambrien; 02-8-2008 at 04:15 PM..
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-8-2008, 11:08 PM   #1924
YNXOT
FFR Player

I cant wait for this game its gonna ****en rule all cant wait woo hoo
YNXOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2008, 12:02 AM   #1925
cheesecube666
Blow me
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to cheesecube666

I so can't wait for this game to come out its going to be sooo sick :P, I wanan see all the new characters...but they keep postponing the release -_-
cheesecube666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2008, 08:51 AM   #1926
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

I got such a huge boner for all the Sonicness in this game. This is probably the best thing to happen to Sonic in sooooo long.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #1927
NumiGamer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Just curiosity, has anyone other than me heard about the Electroplankton stage? I think its pretty creative. Not many videos on youtube though...

(Highlight the blank space to see. I didn't wanna reveal spoilers in case anyone didn't want to know. Lotsa people are like that on nsider2...)

Also, Lucario's (Highlight to see) moves are a fusion of Mewtwo's and Fox's moves from Melee?

Last edited by Squeek; 02-10-2008 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Don't double post.
NumiGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #1928
IceSide
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IceSide Send a message via Yahoo to IceSide

I'm gonna enjoy the game. It's gonna be mega fun. I like the FE chars the most. Though, I'm really sick of them putting FE lords in. If they continue the series and put someone else from FE in, I hope it's someone with an axe or someone non-lord associated.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #1929
Dark Sonic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
EDIT: Also, reading up on Enemies and Allies, the last line ("There's one character who has an usual method of distinguishing friend from foe") refers to Lucario.
I had a feeling it was going to be Lucario. Interesting thing about the way he perceives friend from foe though.

But yeah, on a not-so-unrelated-topic, I just found out yesterday the band I'm in has a gig the same day that SSBB comes out. So that means we'll be competing with SSBB, which is not good. XD

I also heard the music for Final Destination; it is such an EPIC song. Perfect for one-on-one matches.

I also am glad with all of the Sonic stuff that they put in. My friend wanted Shadow to be in it, even after I explained to him about the whole clone thing (shadow would most likely be almost exactly like Sonic). >_>
Dark Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #1930
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Just a guess, but maybe one of Sonic's alternate colors will resemble Shadow, just like one of Peach's alternate colors resembled Daisy (including the hair).
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:02 AM   #1931
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

bmah, here's a youtube vid of all the alternate colors. i thought the same thing about sonic, but alas :/ http://youtube.com/watch?v=RIHJHkzSdxs

i'd like to hear someone's input on today's update that was really into melee. With all the talk about wavedashing, etc... i just wonder if some of the things they've included in an attempt to cater to the tournament players will really have any impact at all. Opinions?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #1932
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
i'd like to hear someone's input on today's update that was really into melee. With all the talk about wavedashing, etc... i just wonder if some of the things they've included in an attempt to cater to the tournament players will really have any impact at all. Opinions?
70% of those things were already in Melee. Glancing blows were there also, but it was more of a glitch than a technical issue. Pivot grabs are interesting, I can see abuse in that, considering how far away you can latch on to someone(lol Marth's throw game just got even better). Swimming looks like you'd just be a sitting duck. Reclined eating is probably also pretty useless, just get some time to yourself and eat fast enough. No L-cancel? SAKUR--no, it hurts not to have it, but maybe physics have changed enough that you don't need it so much. If Powershielding has an easier frame range than before, I'll laugh, because I know I'll definitely abuse the hell out of it.

I haven't really seen a single good Brawl match yet, and while I've seen a good deal, I haven't been stalking sites or anything, so you can't trust my opinion at all.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #1933
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister_negi_magi View Post
70% of those things were already in Melee. Glancing blows were there also, but it was more of a glitch than a technical issue. Pivot grabs are interesting, I can see abuse in that, considering how far away you can latch on to someone(lol Marth's throw game just got even better). Swimming looks like you'd just be a sitting duck. Reclined eating is probably also pretty useless, just get some time to yourself and eat fast enough. No L-cancel? SAKUR--no, it hurts not to have it, but maybe physics have changed enough that you don't need it so much. If Powershielding has an easier frame range than before, I'll laugh, because I know I'll definitely abuse the hell out of it.

I haven't really seen a single good Brawl match yet, and while I've seen a good deal, I haven't been stalking sites or anything, so you can't trust my opinion at all.
Theres a pretty decent Marth Vs. Shiek somewhere, where the players tap-dash because they lack wavedashing.

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.
Loyal2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #1934
Silver_Brian
¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(o_°)/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

<Eating While Reclining>

hahaha this is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master
i now have another excuse to grow a dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
"i've seen your little boy's penis"
Silver_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #1935
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

There are flaws with bulbasaur, captain alamer or w/e his name is and zss. If you throw them off the edge and they cant get back with their 2 jumps then they are pretty much dead. All you have to do is throw them off and fall onto the ledge and their Up bs just will just be useless. So they are now 3 pretty much unusable characters.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #1936
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Does anyone know if there was any reason why Wario had 2 different poses in that video Aleste posted? I believe he was the only one to have anything like that.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #1937
abro13
Professor Spellcheck
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to abro13

I played brawl at ikkicon and I must say: Captain Olimar is an amazing character. Just because he can't grab the edge like that doesn't mean that he's useless. His final smash and pikmin abilities make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
That just reminded me of the time one dude got killed riding that Superman ride at Six Flags. He was disabled or morbidly obese or something and got flung into a fence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Poor fence =/

I mean kid.

Poor kid...
abro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #1938
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

Mystic: Everybody has like 2/3 different poses, there is a Youtube vid of all of them somewhere but I can't seem to find the link right now.

doraemon bustin caps
Gano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #1939
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

I'm surprised they actually called the technique "Pivot Grab." I remember the term being used to describe something similar in Melee, without any official recognition.

They gave an official name to powershielding now, which is nice, phantom hits are now "Glancing Blows," short hops are now Small Jumps, and teching is Ukemi.

Of the new names, I expect only Ukemi will be ignored, and teching will remain the common term. Everything else should change to the official names.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #1940
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

One thing that I've seen that isn't there in the update is the "Glide Throw". You roll dodge in either direction, then immediately throw in the opposite direction of the dodge. The result is a forward throw while moving backwards. You can also cancel out of air dodges by throwing items, as well.