Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > Completed Sets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default 2015 January/February Set 7 (Complete)

DJ Vasil - Drunk Optimus
I Like Trains (Remix) - Lil Deuce Deuce
Rivotril Isn't Working - The Ghost Of 3.13
Upside Down (Bassnectar & Terravita Remix) - Bassnectar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 01-29-2016 at 08:36 AM..
Old 01-29-2016, 01:37 AM   #2
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2015 January/February Set 7

This was actually really fun. The difficulty progressed slightly from beginning to end which is nice. Layering was done properly and not overdone. There's a small issue I have with the 8th jumpglut section that starts at measure 105. The first beat in the series of each jumpglut is stepped as a hand because of the clap and the bass beat, which is fine.. but the 4th beat has the same thing going on and it is always stepped as a normal jump. I don't think turning these jumps into hands will mess with the flow if executed properly.

Overall, great job! I really liked the file .

9/10 - PASS

The file didn't convert the best to FFR, so the things I was checking for that I thought were wrong were just conversion problems. Really fun chart with a good difficulty ramp.

9/10 - PASS

<forgot to screenshot oops>

The vocal steps in the intro felt off and/or weirdly layered with background noise. The 64th pattern in the intro feels off, but that may be partly due to conversion. An official judge can check the waveform and see if those arrows match up right. Once you get past the intro, the rest of the file is freaking amazing. However, I wish there was some layering in for some of the higher synth chimes (particularly around note 530, sorry the image seems to be broken). It would make the file a little bit harder, but more interesting at the same time, I think.
8/10 - PASS | fix the intro

You're very close with the intro, I slowed it down and played it to see how accurately the vocals were stepped and there are some discrepancies here and there that shouldn't be too hard to fix. Make sure all your quads should be quads. I saw one that didn't go to anything special and it was a bit confusing. Also, why not step the breathing at the end?

6.5/10 - REJ | needs some work. Not good enough as-is.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-30-2016 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Added ratings, because why not I guess..
Old 01-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #3
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

8.5/10 - PASS

Nothing to critisize. File is great and it will make jump lovers drool.

Diff 69

8.5/10 - PASS

Wow!
- If I'd change something, it would be M57-M58 only because it is a bit high diff peak. I could have had like 3 goods score without it, but with it I ended with teens. I still think this pattern kind of belongs there.. Hmmm
File is great and it will make train lovers drool.

Diff 74-75

9/10 - PASS

This is such a nice glitchy-flowy song!
- In the beginning bit before she says "into a werewolf", the vocals seem to be stepped a bit off. IT MIGHT BE THAT I AM JUST STUPID but this is how I feel. The rest of the song will make one forgive this, and even apologize. It is just so good.

P.S. Sightread SDG, yay!

Diff 76

7/10 - PASS

The vocal part by the beginning of the song could be more flowy. The steps in general in the song are just a bit uninteresting. (The song after the vocals is such an ear rape, but others might disagree.)
Technically ok steps so it's a pass.

Diff 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

DJ vasil | 7/10

Definitely nice PR and steps, I noticed a few instances where you missed a jump to a sound you previously jumped. Also in the midsection there were a few anchors that felt slightly too long and with too many jumps. I really liked the flow of the file though.

I like trains (remix) | 8/10

Very solid file, flowed nicely. My only gripe would be that it felt slightly overstepped.

Rivotril isn't working | 6.5/10

Fun song, the beginning felt slightly out of sync

Really nice flow in the patterns, even though they were slightly repetitive imo.

I would also suggest to just double the BPM for the entire song.

Upside Down | 7/10

Really well stepped, you could have made alot of mistakes in the early parts of the song, but it flowed really well, the PR seemed slightly off in some places, especially when the music and the voice were playing simultaneously. The ending felt slightly bland and repetitive compared to the rest of the file. Also I felt some hands were misplaced.

Last edited by M0nkeyz; 01-31-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-31-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

My score: 23-2-3-5
I think the chart matched the song really well, I had a lot of fun! My only nitpicks were that it seemed to drag a bit near the end and that at times the 16ths between the jumps in the fast part were pretty hard to hit (at least for me). But all that aside, there's no reason for this file not to make it into the game.
8/10

My score: 73-7-14-14
I love the song and the steps match well most of the time. However, for some reason I feel that some of the 16ths streams just don't flow as well as they should. Maybe the copious amount of jumps at that speed just threw me off.
(Also, there's a 8th ghost note right at the beginning that drives me insane)
7/10

117-0-24-8
This is above my skill level, so I am having a hard time telling what is challenging enough or unfair in the faster parts. However, I believe that any skilled player should have no problem with this, so I will just move on. The steps seemed like a nice fit for the song! In the beginning, though, I am not sure that the sync/layering of the female voice playing is all that great. Just a nitpick. File is OK!
8/10

My score 6-0-0-0
One or two seemingly off sync notes, a ghost arrow, a missing arrow, and a questionable quad. That is all that I could potentially find wrong with this file. The song really pumped me up and I found the steps to be kind of underwhelming, but then again, when you think about it, the song itself is not that much eventful either. In retrospect, the chart fits pretty good, and I enjoy it!
8/10

edit: sorry for the edit, I was having issues with the spoiler tags for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 01-31-2016 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

gameboy42690 will be taking the primary judge task for January/February 2015 Set 7.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

gameboy42690 finished the primary judge task for January 2015 Set 7. The notes can be seen below; this thread is being moved over to Completed Sets and the results/notes will be updated in the January/February 2015 thread.

[8/10] DJ Vasil - Drunk Optimus
5.372, 5.818, 6.147, etc.: Missing notes for whatever the heck that lead instrument is.
9.787, 15.291.: Ghost 4th notes.
20.546: There's a 16th triplet playing here. It's difficult to hear so it's up to you whether or not you want to step it.
25.421: Missing 16th (same triplet as before, but a lot louder this time so it's worth stepping).
25.571: Ghost 16th note.
46.721 & 47.021: There's a couple of 16ths that could be stepped here. It's hard to hear over the drums though, so again it's up to you.
93.596: Pitch relevancy is backwards. A more correct pattern would be 1, 1, 2-3, 2-4, 4.
131.396: Quote from rushyrulz on the public thread: "The first beat in the series of each jumpglut is stepped as a hand because of the clap and the bass beat, which is fine.. but the 4th beat has the same thing going on and it is always stepped as a normal jump. I don't think turning these jumps into hands will mess with the flow if executed properly." Personally I don't think the hands really fit, but if you're going to use them, Rushy's suggestion makes more sense than what you have now.
151.196: Dummy note at the very end of the file isn't really needed.
Not much to complain about. Good file overall.

[7/10] I Like Trains (Remix) - Lil Deuce Deuce
- There's about 30 seconds of unused music following the end of the file. It'd be nice if you cut it since you're not using it anyway.
7.064: 4th note should be a jump.
10.793: 8th note should be a jump.
11.118 & 11.766: Not sure what these two 8th jumps are going to.
11.929: 4th note should be a jump.
13.226: Make this 4th note a jump too.
20.847: Missing 8th note.
22.469: Missing 8th note.
27.739, 27.901, 28.064: Ghost 16th notes.
33.983-43.064: Not sure what it is you're trying to layer here. 16th jumps going to the bass makes sense, but then you have the bass on an 8th note that isn't stepped with a jump. There's also 8th jumps that aren't going to the bass at all.
48.658 & 48.821: Ghost 16th notes.
75.496-85.875: Layering got weird again.
I enjoyed this file, but some of the layering makes no sense to me whatsoever.

[7.5*/10] Rivotril Isn't Working - The Ghost Of 3.13
19.582: The vocal samples during the intro aren't synced very well. These two 16ths both come earlier than the words you're stepping them to. They're actually much closer to being 32nds than 16ths. This is a consistent issue throughout the intro and needs to be fixed.
32.515: Similarly, the words "into a werewolf" are also a bit off. Not as much as "myself" but still a bit off and should be looked at.
34.115: Personally I would have preferred the BPM to double here but whatever.
39.145: Missing 32nd.
43.545: Missing 32nd.
49.612: Ideally there shouldn't be a 16th jack here. The 16th note at 49.745 is distorted to a lower pitch than the 4th note.
59.012: 32nd note should be a jump.
63.390: 48th staircase was kind of rude. It's doable and it fits the song, but...
68.915: Missing 16th.
69.715: Missing 16th.
70.982: Missing 32nd.
72.449: Ghost 16th.
73.671: I can let the previous 48th staircase slide since it actually fits the distortion of the drums. Here, the pitch only slides up so there should just be a 1-2-3-4 roll here.
75.449: 8th note should be a jump.
77.182: 16th should be a jump.
80.249, 80.515, 80.649: Not sure why these weren't jumps too.
- Layering in this file is admittedly a bit shaky at times. It kinda likes to hop back and forth between making the bass a jump or making the snare a drum, but it doesn't ever settle on one scheme. The file is still a lot of fun so I can't complain too much about it, but there's a few times where I really wish the layering was improved.
84.738: Missing 48th. Granted this staircase pattern would really suck but you could always play around with the patterns and find another way to step it.
85.249: 32nd note should actually be a 48th note.
99.671: Missing 48th.
109.715: Missing 16th.
112.715: Missing 32nd.
This is a pretty fun file, but the sync issues in the intro and some of those missing notes need to be taken care of.

[6.5/10] Upside Down (Bassnectar & Terravita Remix) - Bassnectar
9.913: Heh. The color purple. :P
10.996: Sync goes a little out of whack here. Most of your notes come just a little before the lyrics do.
12.905: 8th note is late.
13.178: Again, sync gets wacky again. There's a lot of off-sync notes during the intro.
13.996: Ghost 8th note - doesn't go to the lyrics.
16.587: Lots of really off-sync notes here.
65.912: Starting here, hands tend to be very exaggerated. Some of the hands work, particularly when the synth growling gets really intense, but there's a lot of hands that just don't feel like they're intense enough to warrant hands.
82.540: Misinterpreted rhythm. It's the same "backwards and forwards" rhythm you've been stepping, so it goes 4th-16th-8th, not 4th-8th-16th.
89.740: This jump should actually be one 16th later.
90.254: Missing jump.
91.797: 8th jumps don't make much sense. There should be a 4th jump at 91.969 and at 92.654, but no 8th jumps.
92.312: Missing 4th note.
95.740: Should be a jump.
The file's okay but there's a bunch of sloppy misrhythms, particularly during the intro. As pointed out a couple of times on the public thread, the second half is pretty underwhelming, but on the other hand the song doesn't offer a lot to work with anyway.