Old 11-30-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default TWG IV Post Game

You guys were in trouble from Night 1.

Q, Tass, and Chardish, whom are all game vets, were the wolves. On top of that, Tass was the Master Wolf, meaning if he was ever seer’d, he would’ve turned up Human. But Kilga, the seer, decided to seer Kefit, his buddy, in an attempt to create an alliance.

This backfired, due to the fact that the wolves killed Kefit on night one, trying to throw suspicion onto Kilga, which worked. The wolves had no idea he was the seer, but since Kilga proclaimed with a few minutes left that he was the seer, this left Tass open to pull a Seer Gambit, later on in the game.

It certainly didn’t help that 87x was lynched on day two, this made it so no one knew for sure how many wolves remained.

Cenright, thinking he should protect the best player, protected Tass on all 5 nights. This made it so no one would be safe at night, because it was a “waste” of a protection, obviously Cen had no idea of this.

The real magic started happening on Day 4 (I think), when Tass started a Seer Gambit with Cen. Cen then told Tass he was the guardian, and that he had been guarding him every night. The best part is the wolves didn’t need to get rid of the guardian, because he was protecting a wolf.

Blahblah figured it all out on Day 5, when Tass proclaimed him to be the final wolf. He could’ve prevailed with a human victory; if it weren’t for the fact he got a phantom vote on day 4. This made it so with the three votes from the wolves, plus the phantom, it resulted in a instalynch. The only hope would to be a tie, but everyone voted before blahblah could convince everyone.

It was an amazingly well played game by the wolves, and the humans just let themselves get manipulated, time after time.

I call TWG VI
Old 11-30-2004, 01:39 PM   #2
User6773

Default RE: TWG 4 Post Game

Cen:

This is exactly why I told you it would be smart to work solo.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

The luck of the wolves is rivaled only by one other:

Jesus.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

BTW, Kilga will be running TWG 5, He will annouce details whenever he sees fit.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:41 PM   #5
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I always had thought that Kilga was sincere in his post. I didn't see that Tass was a wolf till his "confession" the last day. Actually, I had a strong suspicion that Qreepy was a wolf, which kept me from seeing the wolfiness of the others. Good to see the humans didn't get too much of a winning streak though. Now we know the game is balanced.

Good game, wolves. Hopefully I'll get in the next game and see if I can't help my side as well as you helped yours.

EDIT:

Btw, yes, I was watching the game, because I wanna be prepared for TWG5 (I hope I get in!), and it's so frustrating when I wanted to say stuff but I knew I couldn't post in the thread.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 11-30-2004, 01:42 PM   #6
User6773

We knew you and Kefit would try to start an alliance. What we didn't know was that you were the seer.

Then, we managed to use that to get you killed. Nipped that at the bud, didn't we?

Old 11-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #7
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

No, you used the lock rule to get me killed.

Well, maybe 87x did.

That and tny made one of the stupidest posts I'd ever seen in a wolf game that day.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

EB... its not so much that its balanced... its that whatever side i'm on wins. at least, i'm 4/4.

i'll give a full post game tonight, but i have to get ready for class.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

Oy, once I was killed it was obvious who were wolves.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #10
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

I had a suspicion.

I don't think I ever voted for people who were lynched.

I thought it felt a little bit like game one. =/

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #11
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

I always had the idea that I was being played, but I kept that as only a 5% idea. That idea formed about an hour after Tass first contacted me. The worst case scenario I had in my head came completely true. They played it perfect. I saw a few small holes, but not enough to go against what I already had. Yeah, I guess I'm not good enough for these. Where I failed, Tass succeded.

Chardish became TOO trusting, TOO fast, when he started out a total shutdown case.
Tass kept using WE and US.
Tass was suprised when I talked to chardish, yet Q took it perfectly. Even though the two seemed to be always together.

Although those only were small things. I guess I just didn't want to believe that I could be played by 3 people almost completely.

I failed. This will be my last game for now, being 0 for 3. I feel utterly useless. Probably because I am.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #12
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Tny played REALLY poorly that round.

Oh my freakin' god.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:14 PM   #13
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Man.. I've already told Tass this, but I'm EXTREMELY glad I was wolfed on the second day. This was embarrassing. I wish I'd been around more the first day, instead of driving to Texas and not having internet. :/

I knew Q was a wolf after the, "Stretchy's not stupid" comment. Even if I was just killed to put suspicion on Guido, it got me thinking, and I just kept the suspicion. It should have been obvious that Chardish was a wolf after he wasn't the first person killed. If Tass is most likely to be guardianed, then the next logical choice should be Chardish. It just makes sense. Tass would have had me fooled if not for the fact that every time he posted on this thread, my computer literally dripped smugness. But you guys had this from the beginning. Really. Even when you were being hilariously obvious (at least, to me) at the end.

Congratulations on playing the humans like Snoop plays hos.

EDIT: I hope this teaches Tny why this game is in the CRITICAL THINKING thread.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #14
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco
Default Re: RE: TWG 4 Post Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenright
I failed. This will be my last game for now, being 0 for 3. I feel utterly useless. Probably because I am.
Same here. I should have taken hints more.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #15
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

The wolves played all too well. The only one I ever suspected was Q. He was acting fishy the whole game, and once he made the effort to save me, I figured something was up. Chardish hid it well, but not nearly as well as Tassel, so I started to trust him and talk to him. I wasn't about to start with charsish, though.

God, tnyhwk couldn't have been any less of a help to the humans. Aside from having piss-poor logic the whole game, he allowed himself to be dragged around by the wolves.

I think the worst thing for the humans was the lack of a really good player or two. Both Tassel and Q were on the other side. Blahblah proved to be quite good, but just too late.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:23 PM   #16
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

the big slip of the game was by Q but it went unnoticed because 87x didn't tell anyone... Q let slip to him that Chardish specifically asked LD to not get a special role so "we" knew he was human. That should've sent huuuuge warning bells off and probably thrown huge suspicion on both... They really played their hand in voting off Cypher swiftly because they sensed victory...

and LD the phantom vote didn't matter because i na tie phantom vote counts less then a regular vote. I would like to know why they chose me... althoguh it was a good decision, because if they chose tny I bet I could have more easily gotten cen and qreepy on my side

Tny did some of the dumbest and most idiotic things I have ever seen in my entire life and I wonder if he actually put any conscious thought into what he did. The problem, as I said, is that people pay more attention to the name of the voter then the name of the person they're voting for, and that's just ridiculous if you think about it and I hope that this changes.

Also, change the voting patterns, because as I've said, there will be no incentive to ever vote.. because you wield much less power. So I hope we stick to this guideline.. Voting can only end AT 24 horus, or AT 36 horus... it ends at 24 horus if there's an instalynch, it ends at 36 hours no matter what, and that should be that... thoughts? opinions?

I tried with what I had, but knew I wasn't going to have a chance with the people that were left.

Old 11-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #17
User6773

People who say they're done with the game, don't be. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

Old 11-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #18
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Valiant effort, though, Blahblah. I'm sorry it had to be you.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #19
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG 4 Post Game

We ran that like a sexy mother.

Except for me. I ran the gauntlet first thing and dragged Tass into it. I started a human alliance. It was great fun, causing them to vote their own men off.

I'm surprised no one really mentioned they suspected me. Stretchy says that I just played so differently in this game than my others. EDIT: Blah, yes. You did awesome. I know you got me, but it didn't seem like you believed it at the end. "cen, tass, and chardish" were your votes for wolf, right?

In any case. 3 down, baby. That's 75%. All the games that I didn't get killed the first night. Good stuff.

Q
Old 11-30-2004, 02:45 PM   #20
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 4 Post Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Q
I'm surprised no one really mentioned they suspected me.

Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
The only one I ever suspected was Q. He was acting fishy the whole game, and once he made the effort to save me, I figured something was up.
--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Closed Thread