Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 11-1-2017, 05:13 AM   #1
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default The Last Step Pack (Submissions Open)

I was gonna do something else with this, but to be honest, it's just not panning out how I'd like it to.

So, I'm just gonna make it similar to James May's packs (shoutouts). Except that I'd like to take 10 - 20+ or so submissions of files to go with these I'm making.

Deadline for submissions will be when my files for the pack are finished.

Guidelines:

1. Files do not need to be a collab with me, however if you're interested in doing so, pming me or messaging me on discord is prob the way to go.
2. Already released files are fine, but would prefer unreleased. (Do tell me if it's been released and where though please just so I know. It has zero bearing on acceptance.)
3. Dumps are allowed, though I'd limit it to say one per person.
4. One difficulty is fine. More than one is appreciated.
4.5 There is no set difficulty range for this pack. Submit what you'd like.
4.7 Solo files are allowed and encouraged, but I'm not going to be as capable on the feedback front.
5. The only changes I will make to your file are ones you allow, or simply the difficulty / song preview. If you do not want me to change your preview, let me know and it will be left alone.

Send submissions to LastStep333@Gmail.com.
- All submissions must now be sent to this e-mail so both of us have access.
- PLEASE for making it easier on me later send submissions with the name as such: Song name (Simauthor name).
- I will try to ensure I have the correct version of your simfile before release.

All information on submitted files will be in post #2.

My works:

Complete /w graphics (1/?):

The Last Step
Boss Battle (Has chart left out of Xoon Legacy)
Pardoner's Dance (Two extra files.)
00000 (Has slightly altered mines to make it better)
you don't have to be autistic to play a xelnya file, but it certainly helps (Dump file of a goreshit song with a changed title for laughs)

Done (Needs graphics) (5/?):

Nightfall (Original Mix)
anticrystal
Destroy [X-Mod]
Destroy [Normal]
Simian
Where You Are Not ~Curtain Fall~ V2

WIP (4/4):

ITAEWON (Needs a banner)
Kindred, the Eternal Hunters [Solo + 4K]
Marigold
Storm the Gates
Myositosis V2 - Rechart of an X-Mod file, with no X-Mods.

Random other stuff I think is important:

- In case you're curious the quality of notes I will be giving with your simfile submissions, here's an example:

2.757 & 3.565 - There's a missing 48th for the strings, but if you wanted to avoid putting it there you can justify a super small hold (a 48th long hold would do, it's really just to show this note exists, and it can be justified with the "duh" of the lowest string being drawn out slightly.)
* 5.065 - The note needs to shift down to be a 64th
* 5.304 -Shift down to be a 192nd to be on 5.327
13.111 & 15.838- You could justify a jump here to give them strings some emphasis to help the build up
22.588, 23.679, 23.952, 25.315, 26.406, 26.697 - Missing 16th
25.452 - I think this is also a missing 16th but there's a jumpy sort of note here, so I can't quite place my ear on it.
27.020 - To make this part a tad more interesting, and standout, you could add a 16th held note on these ends to make it pop a little more. Though not adding them doesn't change much, it'd just be a more nice touch imho.
33.293 - I think I get why this is only, one but I'd seperate it to two maybe because it is two words / sylables. It'd seperate @33.838 if you wanted to do that. But I think this one is fine? Seems like this file's meant to slap people who aren't paying attention
* 36.770 - There's a missing 16th here that can be a jack or more three note js stuff. (I'd lean to the nonjack option given the BPM but you know, fuck their AAA.)
* 41.133 - Missing 16th that isn't a jack 100% of the time.
- ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR if you're skipping the hi-hat sounds you'd ignore the last two notes.
43.111 -You could totes make all of these 32nd holds, and then make the last note a jump as a semi-transition into the next section. But the jump's a bit iffy and more a preference.
44.474 - 52.792 - This section's fuckin' cool.
52.929 - This can become a quad, but it doesn't need to be.
68.133 - Missing 16th
69.292 - Short mini holds in this pause section would help it slap more. But again, preference on this.
83.065 - The singles here could become jumps in sort of a (starting from the [34]: [23] [12] [12] [134] and it's hit harder and emphasize the wubz.
99.531 - You could be a real ass hat and put a 32nd in here.
- Some people might comment on how the ending intentionally neglects notes in favor of hands, and I can see why they'd say it. But I enjoy this as it is, it's a nice blend of most of what this file has to offer condensed down into one final section, and TBH I think it's subjectively one of the best ways to end this file.
115.929 - You could hold them strings, if you made certain other changes like the ones I mentioned for earlier in the file, I'd do these as holds. If not, you cvan leave 'em how they are and most people wouldn't really care enough to notice.

None of this is based on a playtest as it's out of my range, but it LOOKS solid patterning wise to me.

- Most notes will be not required if accepted, it's just me trying to get some practice in giving notes (because it's pretty fun). Though some files I won't do notes for if they're strong enough. I will suggest that if your file is a difficulty 22 on Etterna or higher, you may want to get it play-tested elsewhere, as I won't be able to help much in that regard sadly.
Assuming things go how I want, there's actually a reason for the pack name.
- I'll start seeking graphics help halfway to the end of the submission date. However, if you'd like to do graphics on accepted files earlier than that, I'd be more than happy to give you the info you need to do so.

Last edited by XelNya; 02-19-2018 at 11:45 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2017, 05:14 AM   #2
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Default Re: The Last Step Pack (Submissions Open)

Important note: Rog and I both use DDream, unless stated otherwise.

Public Submissions:

Note:

Teal is Unreviewed By Rog / Xel
Indigo is Unreviewed by just Rog
Blue is Unreviewed by just Xel
Green is Accepted
Orange is Conditional Accept
Red is Rejected

File Status:
A Return to Normalcy (DourGent)
Aiyatvs -wayfarer of the Q- (suicidaln00b)
Am I A Psycho? (WV)
ANiMA (Windoze)
Art Museum (ShadowGod)
Audiophobe (M0nkeyz)
Beefzone (TNSM)
Cafeteria (ShadowGod)
Count (blazziken)
Echo of Forever (DarkZtar)
Fetus of God (choof)
Future Destination (darkztar)
Happy Ending (Kkrusty's We Ready Remix) (DMRIw)
I (3 Voltage) (WC)
Move Yer Ass (DMRIw)
My Sweet Maiden (ShadowGod)
Out With Your Clique (DMRIw)
PSYCHOMEMETIC (t-rogdor)
Satan's Theme (DeciBel)
Scrapyard (ShadowGod)
Spark Mandrill (ShadowGod)
Temp6hwz69o (DMRIw)
The Heist (M0nkeyz)
Tori no Uta (The Speedfreak's Noise Rave Mix) (Antronach)
VOLT (Antronach)
We Came to Gangbang (Windoze)

Rog's Play-test Notes

METRICS:
Accuracy- Do the notes, their placement, and their overall difficulty fit the song?
Flow- Are the patterns structured in such a way that they don't create artificial difficulty? (i.e. a ~20 having patterns that make it feel like a ~23)
Fun- Did I actually enjoy playing the file?

A Return to Normalcy (DourGent)
A: 4/5
F: 5/5
Fu: 3/5

i feel like some of the drum layering is inconsistent, but aside from that it's a fun MA file. definitely plays well, tho i'd like to see more variety in the snare placement. the very end where every snare is a [34] jump was a lil boring. is this from DDLC? lmao

Aiyatvs -wayfarer of the Q- (suicidaln00b)
F: 2/5

the 16ths into the hands at the beginning are VERY awkward to hit. This file is fun and has a lot of potential for sure, but it's veeeeeeeeeeerry very cluttered in a way that makes it kinda awkward and weird to hit. It gets better after the hold note section for sure, but honestly i think this could use less layering and a bit of overhaul in the patterns department. Also, short or not, that random 48th burst trill isn't fun and should be just a standard burst imo

Am I A Psycho? (WV)
A: 5/5
Fu: 4/5

lmao i've had this file in my singles folder for a couple years now. Standard WV fare, honestly don't have any problems with it.

Art Museum (ShadowGod)
Fu: 5/5
I actually don't have any gripes with this! for a short file it plays incredibly well and I adore the flow of the jacks. I just wish it was longer!

Audiophobe (M0nkeyz)
F: 2.5/5
Fu: 3.5/5
The PR in the beginning is weird. It's inconsistent, but I feel like if you made it MORE consistent, it wouldn't be fun. If I had one real gripe about this, it's that it's wayyyyyy too rigid. Accurate, yes, but it feels very... stiff. The 32nds actually flow very well, I'm kinda fond of them. Drum layering is good too. Just go back and try to have some more fun with it, i think.

Beefzone (TNSM)
A: 1/5
F: 1/5
Lmao. It's a good dump file that's for sure. It's nice to see a dump file in the low 20 range instead of something in the 25 to 27 range. My only gripe is that parts of it feel too easy to justify what it is? I would try to do more with it imo. Also dump or not that giant 32nd stream section plays like aaasssssssssssssssssssssssss. I would seriously retool the patterns in that part.

Cafeteria (ShadowGod)
A: 3/5
F: 4/5
This plays well, but I find myself questioning if all of those synths need to be stepped as jumps. There's some sections where the synths aren't stepped as jumps, so there's some deep consistency problems here. Aside from that, for a short VGM file this works well. Some of the hold note choices were confusing. I'd go through and try to focus on making the chart feel more percussive and expressive, and try to focus less on technical accuracy

Count (blazziken)
F: 3/5
Fu: 3.5/5
The jersey club section fuckin rules, it reminds me a lot of James May's file for My Party actually. However, during the JS sections, it feels waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overlayered. Mind you I've never been the biggest JS file player, but a lot of sections (specifically the ending JS where nearly every 4th and 8th note is a jump, presumably to the vocals and synthline, and the bass kicks are hands, doesn't feel like it fits the song well at all) could use some touching up in the layering department. Otherwise, this is a fun file! That club section seriously rips, overlayered or not. It's expressive in the best way.

Echo of Forever (DarkZtar)
I actually don't really have any problems with this one! It plays really well and is shockingly fun for a 16.5. My only gripe is that the color note hold bursts are just that - color notes - except for one part in the middle where it's just a 64th burst? would like to see some consistency there.

Fetus of God (choof)
My gripes with this are small but important. Mostly I just can't really tell what those holds are going to in the beginning, and that kinda overlayering makes the file, at least in terms of organization, work kinda weird. Take this with a grain of salt because I'm a longstanding holdout for climax theory, but i feel like there should be buildup to the jack section so it really hits the player hard as nails. That's really it honestly. Some of the stream sections were kinda weird to hit, but also I just woke up an hour ago so I'm probably just tired lol.

This file fucking owns. No real input other than i'm mad you made me like a file for a song from mungyodance

I was worried walking into this but honestly, this file works. The bursts aren't total bullshit, even the giant 48th section (actually managed to combo that sightread! woo). I feel like during the breakdown you overuse hands and that section could stand to be stripped down a little bit, but for what the song is, this is good. Feels very oldschool, reminds me of 2011.

I (3 Voltage) (WC)
FANTASTIC file. Try to get a higher quality mp3 tho lmao the compression threw me off. maybe that's just chipmusic. who knows

My Sweet Maiden (ShadowGod)
I actually had to go into the editor for this one -- the patterns at 23.541 are kinda aids to hit. Aside from that, plays very well. Personal note: use more hands, dude! The 8th note at 78.829 could totally be a hand, and the entire ending section at 80.740 would feel wayyyyyy more satisfying if it was hand jumps. also get a louder mp3 lmao

Mannnnnnnnn those bursts are some shit, but they feel really good to hit. Would maybe look at the patterns on the bursts (I dumped a lot of perfects on them, which is rare), but aside from that, plays well.

PSYCHOMEMETIC-
bad file fuck off rogit actually rocks - xel

Satan's Theme (DeciBel)
Lots of fun playing this, file definitely doesn't overstay its welcome. I'd have to pull this up in the editor to really listen to the song but some of the jump usage felt weird, and the beginning section feels really, really empty. The latter of those two could be an artistic choice, which I totally respect, but it plays out really weird haha.

Scrapyard (ShadowGod)
No complaints here, really. Holds made some of the jack sections weird to read for a sightread, but with repeated play that won't be much of an issue. That might also just be me using orbular lmao

Holy hot fuck that was a file. Fun as hell, brutal but not too brutal wristjacking. Love it. Hold usage is a bit inconsistent, and at times very awkward, but aside from that this plays very well for what it is. I would go through and either add more holds to make the file seem more focused and/or replace the holds in the file currently with minifreezes to counteract some of the more awkward jacks.

Temp6hwz69o (DMRIw)
Okay, so, your burst style actually works *really* well on this chart. I think it might be the lower BPM compared to your other files. It felt genuinely rewarding to hit, even if some of them were on the BS side of things. Organization is key with amen break files like this, so I would do a once-over on your own terms, see if anything stands out to you, and then go from there. Otherwise I think this is solid.

The Heist (M0nkeyz)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm honestly not sure what to say about this one. It's definitely good for an MA file, but the minedodge tactics don't really fit the song imo. That's not to say you should change it - it's what makes the file unique - but I just question the minespam. I know, I know, that sounds hilarious coming from me of all people. But you really want mines, especially in minedodge files, to accentuate the song. They're not there to fill blank space, they're there to make notes hit harder, to make the player really FEEL the song. Brevity is your friend. Aside from that it seems pretty passable and good for what it is.

FUCK YEAH!!! Man this song takes me back. Really really creative way to make this file decently difficult, note organization on the bursts is pristine, the file flows incredibly. Only gripe is that the hand layering at the end of the chart felt maaaaad off to me. Mind you these are just playtest notes, so they could very well be totally accurate, but on an enduser "i'm just playin this chart" level it *feels* weird, yknow? things that felt like they should've been hands weren't, and there were hands in places that didn't immediately make sense to my brain. Other than that, this is golden, shoutouts for the song choice too.

VOLT (Antronach)
Dammmmmmmmmn this is actually pretty brutal for a 16. The mine usage is impeccable, wouldn't change a thing about it, hits climax theory really really hard and really really well. Only note I got for ya is the 16th in the left column during the 24th trill at 94.311 feels like ass, totally threw me for a loop lmao. Leave it if ya want, I just didn't particularly like how that one note played. Aside from that, ya good, this is good.

Xel's Notes

Accepted
Am I A Psycho? (WV)

- I think the offset should be -0.031

---Overall Thoughts---
- I like the idea that this file is a lot more simplified than the other file for this song I'm familiar with. It does stand out in comparison.
- I don't however, enjoy waiting eleven seconds to begin the file.
- The mines on the "CHA" make me laugh, and they're just great. Though, there's some "woahs" in Hopsin's section that would make good additions to this.
- Within the structure of what I feel you're going for, telling you to add layering into this, destroys the feel of this file.

39.653 - This note makes more sense on 2 instead of 3 to me.
51.653 & 88.016 - Missing jump to the clap sound that's been there the rest of the song thus far.
122.653 - If my sync change is correct, this becomes a 64th distance instead of a 16th.
110.562 - 138.199 - This section is great.
138.562 - For the sake of making this particular part not be complete ass to MA, even with my suggest offset adjustment, this BPM marker may be best moved down for scoring purposes to 138.599, though regardless this one marker needs to be moved, or the notes colored to reflect this section properly because otherwise this part is off enough to destroy a good run.
- A lot of the intentionally same columned notes make sense to me, and others don't, and I think I understand the intention, but I'm weary of ones like @58.380 being better reflected as a pattern closer to maybe 2 3 4 3. I think this feels like a more subjective issue though as in terms of playability, it doesn't make things outlandishly odd or out of place, but from a technical standpoint, it does confuse me a deal.

---Play Test---

- No harsh spikes
- Flows really nicely, the parts with the holds and the jumps that looking at it I was concerned about aren't bad at all.
- Fun file that I assume was made for stepping stones?

I'll accept this, I personally enjoy files like this one, and I think it's a nice way to tame the song down and give a fun expiriance rather than a purely score driven one.

Echo of Forever (darkztar)

- Offset should be -0.147

---Overall Thoughts---
- Great file, engaging, and doesn't need me to fine tooth comb it.
- I'd add some mines at the end but given the rest the file they'd probably feel out of place.

--- PLAY TEST---
- Every single bit as fun as it looked.

Very much accepted.

I (3 Voltage (wc) * I played this before reviewing it.

---Overall Thoughts---
- Um, usually I write something of value here but was a bit blown back.
- I wouldn't want to change anything in this file.

---Play Test---
- Every bit as rough for me as the music is, which is great.
- Very flowy, even though the file doesn't fuck around.
- Delightful.

100% Accepted.

Art Museum (ShadowGod)

---Overall---
- Shit looks rough man #Idunno.
- Is this Noh Stage [Standard]?
- Oh. That's just mean. (The jump into hand minijacks.)

- Pretty much my only concern is from the opening of the file, you have a lot of trill-centered patterns, that sure you're doing the kick, but I'd consider changing it to be mnore to the higher melody tbh. Super opinionated note here though.
- If you have the time can I ask you make a dumbed down version of this so I canhazfun with it? HEHU

---Play Test---
- Not something I feel I can comment on too much, the file's really rough, but if difficulty is what you want, this file hits that sweet spot\
- That hand with jump section is super rough in particular the intro jacks and stuff are really fun though. A bit torn on how much I like this.

Accepted as it is though man, it's some good shit that's gonna torture some people when they go to score on it.

Cafeteria (ShadowGod)

Offset should be -0.112.

---Overall---
- ADD THE GODDAMNED SONG ARTIST YOU LAZY PRICK. I HAVE LITERALLY REJECTED A FILE OVER THIS ONCE. <3
- Your never ending desire to inflict jump-glut centered pain upon us, never ends.

24.649 - Would change this to be 3 2 1 [23] because LOL PR.
53.411 - I'd swap the 8th jumps patterns around for PR purposes. Or change them to be [24] [13]
54.885 - Also would recomend checking all of these hand sections to make sure the last note isn't different aounding, and if it is, make it a different hand.

---Play Test---
- I see myself playing this again.
- The hand jump hand parts are a tad rough considering the rest of the file, but they work fine. #GitGud

Accepted.

Scrapyard (ShadowGod)

Offset should be -0.182.

---Play Test---
- TBH not the kinda file I'd play too much of, but it's not a bad file. Totally a file that you focus on playing more than the expiriance of playing it.

Accepted.

Psychomimetic (rog)

[Challenge]

---Overall---
- Looks like fun file for a player who wants a file that will kick their ass.
- The patterning looks... really nice.
- Mine gimmicks are great, and I enjoyed the 192nd gimmick. Super flavorful touch.

10.406 -This 8th and the 16th following it, I'm not hearing what these go to.
68.452 - This and the hold following it earlier in the song were the roll holds, but these aren't?

---Play Test---
- Yum. File's dense as a mother fucker, and it fits great with the song.
- On Edit, those mines are a nice touch for people who want the extra challeng and flare to their expiriance.

ACCEPTED.

Beefzone (TNSM)

---Overall---
- I thought the file was really serious for a good chunk of it, but then it just dunked me with some absurdity.
- Patterning looks pretty nice in a lot of parts.

---Play Test---
* I'm not at a skill level where I can derive much from playing this, as a heads up. The notes here are really subjective.
- The only part that was uncomfortable and I feel could be made to be a tad less frustrating is @ PLACE TIME HERE.
- Lots of anchors may desire a clean up a bit, but they aren't terrible at that speed, but on rates they might be.

I'll accept this as a dump. It's got a good enough punch line in my opinion.

We Came To Gangbang (Windoze)

Seeing as this file is in Bossrush, I see no need to review it again, it's a dump-file that's out of my skill-range. That said it's totally good enough to be in here, and TBH with it's nature as a hidden file in said pack, it may have gone unnoticed due to having to re-download the pack, or do the ARG required to play it.

tldr: It's accepted.

* Offset to 0.103

---Overall---
- It may have been stepped a few times but I don't think I've played a stepmania release myself.
- Looks fun and something people will come back to.

---Play Test--- * File is outside of my skill range
- I can't JS @200 yet so lol sorry x.x
- Looks like a really clean file from what of it I got through.

- I think MAYBE it'd be an idea to play about adding the hands into the crashes at the end, but what's there is totally fine as it is, but it'd be more consistant with earlier sections. Totally a personal choice on this, it's totally fine as it is though.
- You could also do an extra difficulty that ends the hands at the end in, and then also adds in the 24ths? @110.180 but again, totally not needed.

Accepted, file's fun and it's a good solid expiriance.

Fetus of God (choof)

Given I can tweek this myself, doing notes is pointless. So overall comments: File's pretty fun, I think it'll be enjoyed, there's only one issue that comes up with it and that's with the hold section towards the latter half of the file.

File is Accepted with minimal changes needed, I'll just do 'em. Let me know if you want to peer over it when I'm done.

* This file is reviewed in Arrow Vortex.

---Overall---
- I like it even if this song has been done to death, for the most part.
- Catchy fun interpretation that's not pure pain, but isn't easy and simplified too much either.
- With a change to one specific part I'd consider saying it's a definitive version.

---Play Test--- * I did not playtest this with the mods, as I did not know they were there. MUH BAD DOOD.
- The one hold you're supposed to hit multiple times doesn't need to be there.

- My biggest issue with this is that, for a file meant to be played as an x-mod file, it's a tad lacking in the gimmicks department.
- For instance the buzzes at the beginning with a hold can have speed ups, such as @00:00.828, or alternitively you could do pauses during the hold to the buzzes. Either of them would spice this up.
- Pretty much I have no technical issues with the chart, but I can't say I think I'd class it in a pile where the mods in the file, justify calling it an X-mod file.

It's Accepted as it is, but I'd LOVE to either try adding more mods into this, or see more added in the intro, and latter half of the file where they'd be appreciated.
* I'd also like to state that I am totally fine if you'd like to do an X-Modded version of this, and a non-X-Modded of this with a rampped up difficulty / similar difficulty. One of the files I've prepared is executed like this.

VOLT (Antronach)

* Offset to 0.170

---Overall---

- WAIT, WHAT IS THIS FILE?!
- Throws conventional expectations out, and it's pretty great.
- Dig the part where normally it'd be like js and you just said lol no. That caught me off guard looking at it.

---Play Test---

- 72.931 - 76.552 - I'm sure you were expecting this, but I think this space can be filled given your mine scheme, and with the notes @76.552 being there, you simply forgot to add them, or thought them irrelevant, but they *should* be there.

ACCEPTED.

--- Overall ---
- Looks tough. Is tough.
- Very burst heavy action.
- Seems well executed.
- Has a lot of nice fun little gimmicks and is very attentive to detail.

---Play Test--- * File is outside of my skill range
- A file top tier players will get lots of replay value out of.
- Suits the song pretty well, has a nice build up, then it spikes (cleanly) and then goes back down to hit you again. A fun way to play a file.
- Has a needed break I think which is really nice, but the break isn't so easy it detracts from anything.

- In the intro when the drumps are starting to come in, but you ignore them during the hold, you could put extra mines to showcase the incoming section to the player.
- 89.839 - IMHO I think this should be a hand as well, but it's a bit debatable as it's quieter than the others. But totally up to you on this one, it's a preference.
- 96.079 - I am HIGHLY suspecting this part isn't that feasable. It's fucking neat as shit, and I love it, but I genuinely worry about the playability, as it's outside my skillrange, I'm not of much help here. They're like 250 bpm 24ths in theory, which are do-able but I dunno. It's a Bmah, that's for sure.

BUT I AM PERSONALLY OF THE GIT GUD ATTITUDE WITH THIS.

Accepted.

Gonna keep this short and simple given our discussion on discord. Weirdly enough, I think a good solution to this file is to cut it. I'm usually not one to say this, but I think this file would be better served getting a cut to the song. It's not bad as it is, but it at least to me, drags on the repetion.

Accepted as it is, though I think a cut benefits this file greatly.

A Return to Normalcy (DourGent) (Resub)

* Shorter review because it's a resub that doesn't need too much work, and it'd all be opinionated fine-tuning at this point.

- I'm not a huge nutcase about PR (though this file would greately benefit having it fixed) so I'm much more content with this version compared to the last.
- Still plays well, though there's one @69.265 jumpglut that's a jack, and while it works, it's just inconsistant with the others in the file. (I know why you did it though.) Up to you if you think it matters enough to be changed.

Accepted, if your issues are solved and allow you the ability to fix the PR, please feel free to fix it and send it in, or in my spare time if you'd like, I could try my hand at fixing it for you, and run it through you and see how you like it. (It'd take a while though.)

Count (blazziken)

* Offset is off. I can't give you an exact number for this since I have to use the nudge in ddream to get there, but it's a bit more than 0.001 as the offset, but it's not 0.002 either.

---Overall---
- Seems pretty dense, but it all sounds good to me.
- Respect the way a few of the effects were handled.

- A lot of the vocal effects are charted in a way that I find interesting, but I don't quite understand why they're not more similar in structure. Say for example 15.429 vs 28.114. (Though in this instance at 28.114 if you're not charting the vocal effect, you charted it wrong, and it's 4th 16th 32nd 8th 16th 4th. But I'm lead to think you were doing the vocal effect.)
- I dig the 192nd use at 21.950.
- The simplification of the bursts is tastefully done.
- Often you're charting the 24th rolls, and I have to slow the song down to hear them clearly. It's a bit iffy but I think it works in this file. However, you then procede to ignore an audible one such as @107.657.
- Would prefer if you cut the song properly.

---Play Test--- * Outside of my skill range
- Plays like a dense icyworld file, that has spice and neat little details thrown in for people who wanna look for them.

Accepted.

---Overall---
- File is a neat file for the song, and it has tasteful simplifications while still keeping that there difficulty, but not going overboard with it.

- Intro could maybe have mines for taste. *shrug* Stuff like that is neat, but not needed. (Same @39.151 the notes you intentionally don't chart as an echo could be mines for flavor.)
- 40.508 - Very tasteful simplification. I love it.
- 43.865 - Missing 16th.
- 63.936 - This hold is a tad too long. The one following it is slightly too short.
- Mines at the end to force the player to hear the ending would be neat.

Accepted.

Conditional Accept
Audiophobe (M0nkeyz)

- Offset and sync are great.

---Overall Thoughts---

- This file is very reminiscent of one of one of my files, in the regards to the super strict pattern structure in the first 45 or so seconds, which I know without playing it will make this file's into drag horribly. On the other hand, in regards of one way you can approach this intro, it's correct. But I can't imagine this plays nicely yet. (I have not played it as of writing this.)
- It's got some cool ideas in it, and in terms of scoring, I wouldn't mind this as a bonus file on this song (if you copied it to edit, I'd be more than fine with this file as it is with a modified chart added.)

2.870 - You can diversify this intro by making this note, and the following 16th be in the same column (I suggest 4) making a fun 8th minijack.
3.830 - And here you can do this again, but place the minijack in column 3.
5.10 - However, this one stays as a 4 3 2 1 as it actualy desends pitch wise.
5.990 - Also here because of the change with the descending notes, you could modify this to be a trill on 3 1 3 1 3 1 3 1 ect. Fixing the rest of the intro in this manner using the song's given transitions, will diversify this intro to be betyter than it is, even though it's not awful. It would also force the player to not auto-pilot the section after you see it repeats a bunch.
9.830 - See right here you've effectively done what I was just suggesting (minus the minijacks) and progressing the layering as more sounds come in.
* 15.110 - This note's purely a mere suggestion: but if you wanna be a bit cheeky you can totally 192nd offset these for ~expessiveness~ to the static in the song here. Not a required change, more food for thought. (Stops @17.030 if you're interested.)
16.790 - Though this 8th should be on 2 in your current structure.
32.870 - This section needs to stand out from the rest way better than it currently does. A better transition is to (from 32.390) go: [14] 3 [24] 1 [34] and then modify the PR following to follow the newly emphasized pitch in say (from 32.750 which is where the transition's last jump is) : [34] 2 4 2 [14] and follow a new PR for this section properly. (In short: this section's PR isn't right.)
35.750 - Nice holds here.
40.070 - Could totally just do descending jumps in a say: 34 24 23 14 13 12 (most likely not this exact pattern though.)
54.230 - Sections like this part show me very clearly you understand PR and how to do it. That said you could add a hold at 54.470 to make this roll more complete.
60.170 - Missing 32nd. (see next note, I'd place it on 3)
60.230 - I'd change this to 4 2 3 1 to better reflect PR.
61.670 - Could change this to 4 3 1 2 4 2 3 for PR and more interesting patterning choices.
65.090 - In perhaps a weird statement, I'd change these last two in the 32nd patterning to be 1 2 instead of 2 1 for PR, and to keep the pattern cleaner. (And for a similar reason changing 67.010 and others like this one to not be so repetitious spices up the file, better reflects the song, and makes it more engaging.)
68.390 - This section is wrong. (Especially the jack being on 4 @69.110.)
71.390 - This one scales down, not up in pitch, so this one is PR'd backwards. (I'd check for more of these.)
71.870 - Would change to 3.
64.550 - 88.070 - While I know I've harked on the PR a larger deal than I normally would, it may be in the best interest of the fun and engaging part of the file to change up the 32nd patterns, they can get a tad stale here. I think you come off as a tad afraid to play with the patterns in favor of your idea of keeping this file super technical. While keeping things consistant is great, you don't in a file such as this one, want to sell yourself into a strict patterning scheme. That said, you do also miss the mark on keeping the PR some-what correct here anyways. You have multiple ascending 32nds where there should be desending, and vice-versa.
88.550 - 113.510 - This section is neat and looks well done.
113.510 - After the holds in this section you could place mines on the 8ths to spice up this section a bit more. and add the emphasis the song has for these being quick short notes.
123.590 - This section here needs a bit of a pattern change as it's not the same as the one before it.
126.470 - This should be a hand, and you could again add mines on the 8th following for the same reason as 113.510.
130.850 - Ghost note.
149.030 - It's fine with me if you leave 'em, but the one handed trills in this area are kinda difficulty spike riddled.
- I'd clean up the ending and make it more interesting like other areas of the file, and try to follow PR a bit better than the strict pattern structure you have going. Put some spins in it, make this part stand out, make it count.
- I probably didn't touch on everything, and missed a few things. Really give this file a comb over.

I'll conditionally accept this under the guaize that you do fix it up a bit. This file has a lot of potential, and you're not wasting it, but you haven't quite maximized it in your structure and execution yet.

---Play Test---
- It drags the way I was concerned it would.

A Return to Normalcy (DourGent) (Original Submission)

Sync - It's not perfect, it's close enough it won't cause any issues when playing but you could go in DDReam and clean it up a bit. (It's off by less than a 192nd - 4th note interval. About like, a 1/8th of a 192nd interval.)

---Overall---
- Who told you guys I like 12ths and 24ths seriously?????
- Doesn't over-stay it's welcome.
- I'm a bit worried it's too strict with the placements of snares.

A deal of these notes are subjective and are mostly to improve the patterning to make the initial end of the file flow better, and not seem so strict, even though it is.

12.138 - this note being in the same row as the note behind it is a little wrong here. Starting from 11.684 I'd make it [14] 3 1 2 [24] 3 [24] 1 3 [23] for a slightly better patterning here.
13.350 - this jump and the next [23] should be different jumps to emulate different sounds. I think changing this jump to [12] and then you can toy with the 12th following it on 2 or 3.
* 21.229 - there's a quiet hi-hat here you're ignoring for some reason (and you do it later on to) and I yet @21.684 you do chart just this hi-hat, and it's a bit inconsistant.
28.653 - This mini jack doesn't work, the notes are clearly different.
38.956 - Of all the times to use a hand it's here? There's certainly other spots this is way more fitting.
40.926 - It's super faint, but there's a note here that's audible on .3 rate.
46.002 - This 8th should be taken out and replaced with a 48th on 46.040 and a 32nd following it immediatly. (in a 2 1 pattern for PR purposes.)
* 47.593 - There should be a jump here, given your layering scheme through the file.
* 49.865 - This [34] needs to be moved to any jump combination that isn't [34], it creates a really out of the blue spaced out minijack.
* 50.017 - This 48th is actually an 8th note.
53.956 - It's time to address the biggest issue I think this file has, it charts the piano, but utterly ignores the notion of PR with it. Notes like this one are FAR more deserving to be on [34] than all those snare + piano combinations previously. This is the HIGHEST note in the song so far, and it should be treated as such.
- There's a lot you can do with hands in this file, to really give it some strong emphasis on the crash symbols and the like. Not saying you need to - jumps are perfectly fine - but it's food for thought.

File needs to be combed over again with a super fine-tooth comb. It's nearly amazing, but the tight patternings of the snares, along with some missing notes makes it so I can't outright accept this.

---Play Test---
- Plays smooth, even with my few complaints about the file's PR and tight snare structure it's not bad to play.
- Should be fun for the level of player this file is targeted for, and I think it's pretty fun on rates as well, which is a bonus.

Conditionally accepted, I'd like to see the file cleaned up a lot. Not every change I suggested is required, but the major ones are noted with a *.

My Sweet Maiden (Shadowgod)

---Overall---
- Intro is a bit bland.
- I think this might be the first time I think you made the file too easy.

---Play Test---

0.00 - A bit of a side note, I think this intro could use some jumps to the vocals, and phase them out at 10.749. It gives the intro more flare, and it makes a statement.
0.750 - The two 12ths are actually just an 8th note it's like dun dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dah.
7.661 - Missing 8th.
9.573 - I see an argument for either making this a jump with a one note hold, or turning the hold into a trill for some flavor.
10.896 - There's actually some 8th in the background here, and it persists through about 24.865 (it's kinda subtle though.)
13.984 - You could totally make this hand a 134 to give the vocals some accent here, and to keep the file more diverse. (Though I know you're going for a stricter structure here.)
17.513 - You're missing two 24ths here. The assending strings don't pause.
20.454 - I think for PR purposes the minijacks should scale as 4 4 2 2 1 1 because the notes are lower and connecting it to the 134 hand works because there's a string note on the hand as well.
22.953 - This 8th should be minijacked with the following hand.
28.100 - You change this running man at the end, the 8th is still the same note, it hasn't changed. (I do know why.)
30.746 - Wait you didn't chart the drums here? I'm a bit shocked. (You ignore them consistantly though.)
47.803 - I like this 12th part. <3
67.801 - This jack changes scale here to be more like a 13.
68.609 - I think this 16th is too subtle to be a jump.
70.889 - Totally could change the type of trill this is for some additional flavor.
78.535 - Ghost 8th note.
81.623 - Can totally hand these crashes to climax the file. It works because the first one doesn't have a crash.
- During the ending where you're jumping the kick is a tad inconsistant. I'd peek over it with a fine tooth comb.

Conditionally Accepted pending fixes.

Rejected
N/A

Other
ASTRAL VOYAGE (MixMasterLar)

* I will be reviewing Oni thoroughly only, as I think based off your e-mail this is the chart that mattters. (Do like it has easier charts on it though, even if they're from another game.)
** I'm going to treat this review like finishing for ideas, as the chart is clearly not done as you said. (If I judged this right now it'd be Conditional pending finishing the file.) So I will not be accepting, conditionally accepting, or rejecting this file. I'm simply gonna idea shoot with you.
*** Offset to 0.415

0.000 - 14.077 - hopefully there's plans to vary the rhythem here based on the sounds from the very first note, that isn't in the layering scheme, but it'd be cool to PR it to give it presense, and to make it vary the patterning to keep it from the monotonus nautre it is now.
14.519 - 21.577 - I assume the plan is to make the notes kinda jump around here sorta like a spin? I have a rough time imagining jacks there unless you're going for a score-oriented piece, which tbh I don't think is currently the intent I get from this. (It appears after the next note as well, and I assume you'll tackle them similarly.)
21.577 - This part feels actually solid, but the PR is wrong, and I assume there's plans to fix it because the notes in the 3 2 3 2 3 12 aren't all the same pitches.
40.989 - Kinda weird to take out the jumps you were just doing, given the jumps on the 16ths are ghost jumps.
43.195 - 56.872 - I admittedly am not completely sure what the notes are to here other than the jumps, but then it's all inconsistant. Also, if you're going to chart the sounds I think you're charting, jacks might be better here than the later section you have them in.
56.872 - 69.225 - I get why this part changes, but I can't say I think it particularly works. This song's not exactly interesting, and I understand you're trying to switch it up to entertain the player. Short hand: I don't exactly understand at this stage what the intention of this section is.
69.225 - 95.695 - That's a nice idea you got there. I predict this part isn't gonna have the jacks that you have placed though? Like you CAN but it'd just be kinda mean in context of the rest of the file.
That ending is kinda mean, but it's not bad. That running man at the end though should end on the highest note though.

I like where it's going. I will say MAYBE a cut to the song might be in the best interest of keeping it fresh, though admittedly, I don't think the song lends well to being cut.

Should be a good file.

Last edited by XelNya; 02-27-2018 at 02:35 AM..
Old 11-2-2017, 12:24 AM   #3
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

will send something, feel free to tweak if you'd like
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-2-2017, 01:33 AM   #4
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
will send something, feel free to tweak if you'd like
Sounds sweet man.
Old 11-3-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
sakura080789
Sukiru#4340
FFR Veteran

I'll see what I can do for you mang
Old 11-3-2017, 06:34 PM   #6
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura080789 View Post
I'll see what I can do for you mang
Old 11-3-2017, 10:31 PM   #7
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I got an odd idea for this pack.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2017, 11:16 PM   #8
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
I got an odd idea for this pack.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 11-4-2017, 04:06 PM   #9
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i submitted stuff
Old 11-4-2017, 06:15 PM   #10
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

time to come out of retirement lol
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2017, 03:02 AM   #11
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

I guess I'll submit something. It could be a pad file for all I know.
"Words of Wisdom"
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2017, 05:37 AM   #12
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

owo can i submit a file i want to get the first rejected spot

jk ill put in alot of work and maker my best, it will rival travish files

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 11-5-2017 at 05:38 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2017, 04:30 AM   #13
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

sent fetus of god, feel free to tweak as a collab chart, I'm gonna work on a second, more ArTfUL cHaRt
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2017, 05:18 AM   #14
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Just as an update, I've got about three reviews nearly complete, just pending a play-test I'll be doing on Friday, and I'll be trying to hammer out at least three more tomorrow night. I did watch every file tonight though by the ddream bot.

Post #2 has been updated with the submissions to right now.
Old 11-7-2017, 11:53 PM   #15
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Thanks to weird beats and a time signature change, the bpm measurer can't seem to get the right one. Anyone mind helping me? I pay you in feels.
Old 11-8-2017, 12:02 AM   #16
TheNoSoMan
FFR Player

Sending stuff through Discord would be nice if you didn't have to send a Friend Request to the person you're trying to DM in the first place.
"Words of Wisdom"
TheNoSoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2017, 01:20 AM   #17
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Thanks to weird beats and a time signature change, the bpm measurer can't seem to get the right one. Anyone mind helping me? I pay you in feels.
Pay me in gfx instead :*
Old 11-8-2017, 01:48 AM   #18
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoSoMan View Post
Sending stuff through Discord would be nice if you didn't have to send a Friend Request to the person you're trying to DM in the first place.
I think I've just fixed this, I forgot I had this on.
Old 11-8-2017, 07:59 PM   #19
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Oh neat. A pack. I'll message you on Discord homeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2017, 09:33 PM   #20
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

oh, me and shadow god are collabing on something amazing.