Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
daikyi is an outed protective role
its fine to jeopardize yourself it doesn't even claim your role, soundwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
I put this together now.

tbh if both me and daikyi are alive tomorrow I'll probably claim.
This is the thing that is making me uneasy about Daikyi. Is he?

He claimed that he prevented the wolf kill last night which was his night to guard according to his role, but a bunch of people are suggesting that Dafty was possibly the actual wolf kill, or that Daikyi was the -target- and that somebody -else- did the saving.

So there's no actual evidence that he guarded a kill last night. Two nights previous, on his other night to guard, mellon got killed by Antori and there was no other kill, which is where the claim got made by Daikyi that he had an even-night guard and had saved sunfan.

But now that we know there's -another- guard out there somewhere, there's at least the chance that Daikyi does something -else- on his even nights that isn't guard. He's proven the odd nights he gets info about a target but that even target could be nothing, or something besides a guard.

I'm concerned that his saving of sunfan was seen as evidence of sunfan's townyness, despite the fact that when daikyi got info about sunfan after guarding, he tried to push for a lynch on sunfan.

I'm not sure what to make of this theorizing, at least in part because I have trouble getting my head around the scenario where the wolves killed Dafty themselves, and whatever it means for Daikyi I don't think it means he's a wolf. But I do think it means that the pro-town-ness of being a guard is called into doubt making me wonder whether he's actually that pro town.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #4222
Not devonin
FFR Player

Or Soundwave is full of shit about seeing another protective role and I've fallen into his trap.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #4223
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Or Soundwave is full of shit about seeing another protective role and I've fallen into his trap.
I mean, it's plausible. It's hard to know unless either the other visitors claim something other than protective, or daikyi claims his protect and it makes sense as a wolf kill.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #4224
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

There's also a bunch of edge case scenarios (one-shot bulletproof, one-shot protect, reflect, town redirect?).
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #4225
the sun fan
FFR Player

if the wolves killed dafty, I think them very much for that horrible, horrible wolfkill

obviously, the line of "dafty wasn't the wolfkill" is countered by "YoU dOn'T kNoW tHaT iF yOu'Re NoT a WoLf SuNfAn"

but like

dafty wasn't the wolfkill, friends. wolves aren't going to kill the person who was the next lynch like that

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #4226
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
This is the thing that is making me uneasy about Daikyi. Is he?

He claimed that he prevented the wolf kill last night which was his night to guard according to his role, but a bunch of people are suggesting that Dafty was possibly the actual wolf kill, or that Daikyi was the -target- and that somebody -else- did the saving.
link the post where i claimed that. i've literally never said anything like that.

Quote:
So there's no actual evidence that he guarded a kill last night. Two nights previous, on his other night to guard, mellon got killed by Antori and there was no other kill, which is where the claim got made by Daikyi that he had an even-night guard and had saved sunfan.

But now that we know there's -another- guard out there somewhere, there's at least the chance that Daikyi does something -else- on his even nights that isn't guard. He's proven the odd nights he gets info about a target but that even target could be nothing, or something besides a guard.

I'm concerned that his saving of sunfan was seen as evidence of sunfan's townyness, despite the fact that when daikyi got info about sunfan after guarding, he tried to push for a lynch on sunfan.

I'm not sure what to make of this theorizing, at least in part because I have trouble getting my head around the scenario where the wolves killed Dafty themselves, and whatever it means for Daikyi I don't think it means he's a wolf. But I do think it means that the pro-town-ness of being a guard is called into doubt making me wonder whether he's actually that pro town.
what i'm seeing here: you're so steeped in mechanics, in a way that has made a lot of really bad assumptions about people's play and things they've said. There's hella inconsistencies, because it's really hard to stay fully updated on thread with the latest outs and claims and bullshit. like hell, where did a second protective claim again?

We had the mess of mechanics yesterday and the one big takeaway of all the false claims and corrections you miss out on is intent, and i honestly think it's a little bit of a cop out to continue to draw attention to stuff like "i don't really know how to read anything other than mechanically" - like i understand the sentiment, but there's no need to keep highlighting it imo.

like, the second to last paragraph that you wrote is very much lagged behind the entire process of interactions that went on in the thread. Pretty sure no-one thinks sunfan is green soley because i have claimed that i saved sunfan n1, but rather because the headspace, claims, and interactions through the entirety of the second day phase evolved naturally to what i believe is appropriate reactions and plays that would come from townfan, and the bit of info i received about him.

-----

@sunfan i don't believe my save was the wolf kill, and see like 0 value in outing it tbh

-----

@Xel same deal as w/ dev, and wv is so tied to sunfan's flip, that wolves leaving wv alive for too long will wreck them. even 3ps
Old 07-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #4227
Daikyi
FFR Player

speaking of being caught up in mechanics, can someone explain to me what the fuck has happened with claims this phase, as well as item usage outs
Old 07-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #4228
the sun fan
FFR Player

yes I definitely agree with Daikyi, wolves
leaving wv alive for too long will rek you, you should kill him kthx

Old 07-13-2019, 10:10 PM   #4229
the sun fan
FFR Player

soundwave is claiming that he knows who a 2nd protective role is from watching you last night, dai, but no one has claimed to be that role

Old 07-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #4230
Not devonin
FFR Player

Just did an iso on wayward.

He basically spent day 1 accusing gs and mellon of being wolves together because she played the gameshow and gs noticed the change quickly.

She died night 1, so his entire claim went to shit and on day 2 he posted literally 9 times total. Then a bunch of stuff came out that day, giving a lot more to talk about and for day 3 he was back to posting again, but almost all of his posts were

1/ Asking people 'what' questions, many of which had already been previously answered
2/ Talking about why he couldn't post a lot

He was super eager to push narratives day 1 until he got oopsied almost at random (Since Antori could honestly have picked literally anybody given how arbitrary his reasoning was) and then shut his mouth until we did more work, and then just kept making mostly empty comments or asking for clarifications he went on to not really do anything with.

Wayward Vagabond

If nothing else, I'd love to see a full reads list of who is still alive, I don't think I saw an actual reads list anywhere, just the odd comment here and there about people being towny or wolfy.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:35 PM   #4231
Daikyi
FFR Player

for someone who's been engrossed in mechanics, you should know that wv is so incredibly tied to sunfan and is never on the table today
Old 07-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #4232
Not devonin
FFR Player

For somebody who claims to have been paying literally any attention to anything I've done all game, you should know that every day, sometimes more than one time in a day, I vote somebody to indicate pressure to get them to interact and not because I think they will be lynched.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:38 PM   #4233
the sun fan
FFR Player

devonin, while its not impossible, wv is a bad lynch for today because the only world where he is anything other than a role/alignment that is not a threat to town is one where Xiz is deliberately trolling me

and while normally that's impossible, its at least possible in this game that that's the case

but there's plenty of other, much more worthwhile possibilities first

Old 07-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #4234
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Gs, come on man, are you really accusing me of not trying to solve the game??? First, no, I've done plenty of posting, deducing, and interacting that this statement is flagrantly wrong

I stated before the game that I was going to be phone posting the whole time
Honestly, I'm doing a bit better than I thought I was going to do posting on phone thank you very much
Old 07-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #4235
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
I vote somebody to indicate pressure to get them to interact and not because I think they will be lynched.
fair enough

Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 PM   #4236
Not devonin
FFR Player

Let me make this clearer then: I am not voting for Wayward because I think he will or even necessarily should be lynched today. I am voting for Wayward to hopefully indicate to him that people have noticed the pile of nothing he's been bringing to the game and that it's something I'd like him to step up on.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #4237
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Still feeling like chopped liver
Old 07-13-2019, 10:43 PM   #4238
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
irl
or
in the game

Old 07-13-2019, 10:44 PM   #4239
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I'm reaching the point where I'd rather go back to being chopped liver where nobody mentions me than the alternating "Stop just analyzing mechanics, and make some proactive statements" -> *makes proactive statements* -> "Not those though, those are stupid and you're bad at this" cycle I seem to be in now.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:09 PM   #4240
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm reaching the point where I'd rather go back to being chopped liver where nobody mentions me than the alternating "Stop just analyzing mechanics, and make some proactive statements" -> *makes proactive statements* -> "Not those though, those are stupid and you're bad at this" cycle I seem to be in now.
When I first came back to ffrtwg, I was accused of being mechanically minded and overly robotic
I know the feel

And sunfan: I feel like it in game
Closed Thread