Old 06-6-2014, 07:04 PM   #41
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Leaving FFR for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
oh cool the "real men don't resort to violence" card. I haven't heard that a million times when getting rehabilitated after watching my mom get abused. Next you're going to say "don't blame the victim", which is perfectly reasonable, if he really is just a victim. But if he's not following rules, his dad has all the choice in the world how to deal with him. He's not a kid anymore.
+1
FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 07:12 PM   #42
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Pseudo Enigma: You missed the point. The point is that it does not always "take two to tango."

I would not be surprised if you yourself were raised in a toxic environment, because such individuals can have a hard time understanding what constitutes healthy vs unhealthy behavior.

Quote:
But if he's not following rules, his dad has all the choice in the world how to deal with him.
In a word: No, he doesn't.

Under what circumstance is shooting your kid's stuff a reasoned or rational response to a disagreement?

I urge you to think about what you're saying, here.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 06-6-2014 at 07:19 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 07:22 PM   #43
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Pseudo Enigma: ...you missed the point almost entirely. The point is that it does not always "take two to tango."

I would not be surprised if you yourself were raised in a toxic environment, because such individuals can have a hard time understanding what constitutes healthy vs unhealthy behavior.

In a word: No, he doesn't.

Under what circumstance is shooting your kid's stuff a reasoned or rational response to a disagreement?

I urge you to think about what you're saying, here.
Not everyone has a household situation that is roses and butterflies. I'm pretty sure those of us that raised in a less than ideal home environment knows what constitutes healthy vs unhealthy behavior. I'm pretty sure nobody disputes the fact that Riots dad went a bit overboard. I'm assuming that Riot is living in a situation where he is not contributing to the household living expenses, so its more than reasonable that he should be following his parents rules. I'm not going to attempt to argue with you because, frankly, it would be a waste of my time. I've seen numerous posts from you so i pretty much already know what you're going to say. I will say this, You have a very idealistic and unrealistic view of the world.
FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 07:25 PM   #44
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FontSize72LOL View Post
I'm assuming that Riot is living in a situation where he is not contributing to the household living expenses, so its more than reasonable that he should be following his parents rules.
Nobody here is disputing the notion of following rules (however that topic has more nuance to it than I care to get into atm).

The point here is the father's reaction. It doesn't matter if Riot is a stubborn asshole who just wants to disregard an otherwise rational parent's wishes: There's no situation in which pulling out a gun is the correct response.

So if you want to say that this sort of vantage point is the result of an "idealistic and unrealistic" worldview... you're right, further discussion would be for naught.

PS:

Quote:
I'm pretty sure those of us that raised in a less than ideal home environment knows what constitutes healthy vs unhealthy behavior.
Studies would disagree with you, here.

One of the major reasons why many abuse victims (granted, not most) wind up becoming abusers themselves is precisely because they do not learn the healthy methods for dealing with conflict -- or they don't understand that what happened to them was wrong (i.e. they find ways to justify it to resolve the cognitive dissonance).

Last edited by Reincarnate; 06-6-2014 at 07:32 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 07:32 PM   #45
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Not everyone has a household situation that is roses and butterflies. I'm pretty sure those of us that raised in a less than ideal home environment knows what constitutes healthy vs unhealthy behavior. I'm pretty sure nobody disputes the fact that Riots dad went a bit overboard. I'm assuming that Riot is living in a situation where he is not contributing to the household living expenses, so its more than reasonable that he should be following his parents rules. I'm not going to attempt to argue with you because, frankly, it would be a waste of my time. I've seen numerous posts from you so i pretty much already know what you're going to say. I will say this, You have a very idealistic and unrealistic view of the world.
Sorry bud, but Rubix is completely right about this, and you're not going to further argue with him under these pretenses, because you wouldn't be able to do so logically. I would also bet that it is actually more likely that you do not in fact understand what constitutes healthy behavior here because of your inability to see this.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 07:52 PM   #46
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

consequentialism da thread
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 09:11 PM   #47
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

Quote:
it's never the right circumstance to shoot someone's stuff because you're mad at them

but what i was trying to say is riotpolice probably got on his dad's nerves for an extended amount of time and that he should prob move out on his own before things get worse, what's wrong with that lol
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 09:12 PM   #48
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

rubix automatically going into

The Debate Mode

look mr. reincarnate-i needaUse Logic al time

where in my posts do you see "ya his dad is 100% entitled to shoot ur stuff becus u played games", they both fucked up and im sayin it's come too far so he betta Move OuT
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2014, 09:54 PM   #49
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

You act as if your post didn't have a tone of rationalization to it on riots dad's behalf in relation to how much he may or may not be contributing to the house which is completely irrelevant to what riots dad actually ended up doing because it was in no way justified
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:25 AM   #50
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
You act as if your post didn't have a tone of rationalization to it on riots dad's behalf in relation to how much he may or may not be contributing to the house which is completely irrelevant to what riots dad actually ended up doing because it was in no way justified
punctuation count: 0
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:27 AM   #51
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

hey fgt I'm the only dude who can take dumb shots at korny
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:29 AM   #52
ilikexd

Quote:
punctuation count: 0
implying that sentence is any missing punctuation marks
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:33 AM   #53
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
implying that sentence is any missing punctuation marks
>
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:33 AM   #54
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey fgt I'm the only dude who can take dumb shots at korny
dumb shot for a dumb thread zzz
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:49 AM   #55
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda

Quote:
Studies would disagree with you, here.
I would like to see all the studies that completely disprove what pseudo and fontsize have said.
Gradiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 01:55 AM   #56
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 02:09 AM   #57
kjwkjw
>w<

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 02:09 AM   #58
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Play some better games

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 11:20 AM   #59
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I'm right there with Dev, you should not be in that situation riotpolice.

Riopolice has actually done nothing wrong, that's the thing. Not obeying your parents' rules when you're 20 and you live with them, isn't doing something wrong when their rules don't revolve around a properly functioning household but revolve around trying to control you. 20 is a not a child, nor even borderline a child. It's 100% not acceptable for a parent of a 20 year old to be trying to change their kid's behaviour by treating them like they're 6. My mom tried to pull shit like that with me, and I gladly chose to lose financial support.

It's on the parents to not support their kids if, as adults, they are too much a burden on them. It's on the parents to set good examples and be able to talk reasonably with their GROWN children.

And then there's ALSO the fact that a firearm were discharged to make a point...ummm...yeah. Guess what? As an adult, you are free to not put up with this shit. Don't forget it.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2014, 11:52 AM   #60
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Let's just keep in mind that riot is 20 years old (maybe early 20 now?), in college for an IS&T Degree and his dad is on his ass for being on the computer.

Can I just..

Riot isn't a bad-tempered person. He has always been pretty chill and I don't think I've ever seen him lose his temper in the idk fuckin 5 years I've known him. I consider myself to be his closest friend on FFR and I've heard all his horror stories. His parents are truly psycho, like objectively, so all the argumentation on their behalf can probably stop. What the hell are you supposed to do when your parents are throwing down rules to stay off the computer when being on the computer is in your line of study? He's told me that he has been scolded for being on the computer when he's not even playing games.

His parents are divorced and in opposite parts of the country, so there's trouble in paradise already. His dad hasn't re-married (which is usually an indicator of being a shitty human being, especially when you claim yourself to be a "real man"). His father obviously has some type of agenda against technology and is letting it show, drastically, with his 'look at how manly and dominant I am, I'm gonna shoot your possessions with a .22' attitude. At least get a real gun L0L

Regarding the, "Get a full time job and move out" argument, he's trying like the rest of us who are in college. Sure he could go out and get a job at a furniture store or something right now and probably afford a shitty one-bedroom apartment, but who wants that life? He's almost done with his associate's degree, and he can definitely go from there.. but I don't see him dropping everything and applying at KFC as a plausible outcome of this.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 06-7-2014 at 12:08 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote