Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #1261
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod
Default Re: World of Warcraft

That's probably because you're in a prog guild and all their items are pre 3.1 BiS with all their stats perfect as opposed to some guy picking up a few naxx 25 and a few naxx 10 epix
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #1262
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Plus, every staff has Spirit on it. Icky Spirit >_>
Most staves...
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #1263
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

Yea I meant 4k is fine from a you-should-be-around-this-level-to-not-be-a-liability standpoint. Pretty sure that you could be around 5 or 6k before Ulduar gear, but 4k isn't too low by any stretch of the imagination, considering the fact that in Ulduar10 we usually have 2 or 3 DPS in the 2900-3300 range and we don't flirt with enrage timers at all.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #1264
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

@Grandi Flower Power can't be spellstolen anymore, they fixed it like 2-3 days after Ensidia did it haha.

doraemon bustin caps
Gano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #1265
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I hope you guys mean "4k is fine for a rogue" because nobody even breaks 4k in our Naxx25 runs and we're 9/13 for Ulduar bosses.

I'm lucky to break 4k on Patchwerk.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #1266
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

So I had a bad pug Naxx 25 experience today. I was on my warrior tanking this and it drives me insane that some people can be so stupid. Most of the run was pretty simple until we got to Thad. At Thad, although we downed him in four attempts, what made the fight difficult is that the same 5 dps kept dying to polarity shift. I don't know how someone can do something 4 times over and still make the same mistake. In fact, when we downed him, it was pretty much all luck because we were 12 seconds over and we had 5 rogues left.

When we got to Saph, it was even crazier. First of all, the priest ran out of candles and refused to go buy more or do single buffs. The entire raid was also complaining about it. So I hearthed and bought him candles. I gave him about 100 candles, and then he hearthed out and left. We found another priest and he had candles this time, but apparently none of our 4 paladins wanted to hand out a single buff. One of them was kind enough to buff Kings, but the other 3 pretty much gave us the "screw you" attitude and chose not to buff at all. This caused our 5 rogues to complain because they didn't get might and kept spamming "GG".

I explained that I would pull Saph on have him face left of the entrance. I do this because it's much easier for the healers to heal. If everyone stays on the same side of Saph, then the healers will most definitely be able to get you. If you tank him facing the entrance, this forces people to split on either side of Saph and the healers may not be able to reach some of them because they usually run to a side. Apparently, half our melee dps couldn't understand this concept. They've always had tanks who just faced him toward the entrance so they would always dps on the left side. However, now that he's faced to the left side, they must have been confused out of their minds. Instead of doing the normal "get out of the dragon's face" that's true about all dragon fights, they decided it was a good idea to stand in front of him. We tried this twice, and in the end, the dps who stood in front of the face kept on calling me a terrible tank for not positioning him correctly. The other issue is that we had a paladin who must have been obsessed with big heal numbers because he claimed that unless he healed the raid, he would be at the bottom of the healing meters. However, if he heals the raid, he ignores me and I die. If I die, we wipe. I congratulate that paladin for topping the meters, but we still wiped because he was a terrible healer. We never downed Saph of KT.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #1267
Gano
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Gano Send a message via MSN to Gano Send a message via Skype™ to Gano

Pugs are the best. Seriously though? Refusing to buff? How retarded can you get.

doraemon bustin caps
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #1268
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Because buffers are nobody's bitch.

The same people complaining about buffing are the people who died to polarity shift in Thad or cleave on Saph. These are the same people who sat in Dalaran twiddling their thumbs while I and another flew to the summoning stone all the way from Icecrown to summon people. These are the same people who didn't release from Thad after a wipe expecting a resurrection. Or the people who refused to run all the way back to Thad and wait for a summon from the warlock. Or the people who don't bother with helping the raid by summoning those who aren't here. If people who don't bother putting in at least some effort to helping the raid while ranting about the fact that others are not helping them, I can understand why people don't want to buff. They secretly want to see the raid suffer and watch these people cry even more.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #1269
Gano
FFR Player

Why was the raid still putting up with them after all that time when they were obviously holding everybody back, is what I'm wondering.

doraemon bustin caps
Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #1270
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Kick them out of the ****ing raid then, damn.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #1271
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

And you know they would have been the same people standing in the Shadow Fissure's on KT. I know this because during my guilds previous 10man we had the same three melee DPS getting killed by them for four consecutive wipes. I just don't understand it.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #1272
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
I just don't understand it.
"Elitist Jerks and MaxDPS.com said I just run this rotation and we win"
Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #1273
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

They might not be comfortable enough with their rotation to be able to maximize their DPS and stay alive at the same time. It's not saying they're bad players, it's saying they need to do more heroics to get used to the rotation they're using.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #1274
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Or understand that sometimes there's actually more to DPS than Stand and Deliver.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #1275
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

4 out of 5 dentists agree that tunnel vision is an effective way to wipe your raid within seconds.

Had a ret paladin actually run into the shadow fissure that I had just gotten out of during KT today.

Luckily, Ulduar10 progression was positive. Got Freya within 4 attempts and Hodir within 3 attempts, and we'd never done either boss before tonight. Snagged Adamant Handguards from trash and Ironbark Faceguard from Freya. Also finally got my Wall of Terror from KT. Not a bad night at all.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #1276
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
"Elitist Jerks and MaxDPS.com said I just run this rotation and we win"
you realize that even after several explorations in different talents and setups that go against what elitistjerks says, i usually end up with what they suggest, right

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #1277
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

@Tsug: What do you mean you have to split the group if you face him toward the entrance? We never split the melee up and face her right at the entrance. It's perfectly fine.

@Sqek: Hey, remember when you said your DPS was bad? Well, they must've fixed something with this hotfix, because your DPS isn't 5% better, it's 50% better.

I was only Elemental for a few fights but I managed to document my DPS as compared to previous runs.

a) 4,000 patchwerk, 3,881 Loatheb, xxxx Thaddius
b) 4,081 patchwerk, 4,019 Loatheb, 5,240 Thaddius
c) 4,164 patchwerk, xxxx Loath and Thadd

Tonight: Healed patches, 5513 on Loatheb, and over 7,000 on Thaddius.

Oh, and I had a major screwup in this run tonight. My friend was over, watching TV and playing games and talking the entire time. I didn't notice my totems were still up and Grobbulus was patting down. They pulled aggro while we were still explaining the fight to the people who hadn't done it before. Some people weren't even ready and he dropped his first cloud right on the raid, but we still won. It makes me wonder why another guild I used to run with couldn't even down Grobb WITH preparation.

ps - full clear no wipe 25 man. Woot. Our guild is getting pretty popular now. People want to run with us because they know we'll succeed (and because our loot system isn't detrimental to new people). We carried 5 new people through this run and still did it just fine.

Last edited by Squeek; 05-17-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #1278
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

We usually do face him to the right (if you're facing Saph). I haven't tried the encounter with him facing the door area, but I would imagine having all the caster dps on one side would make healing easier.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #1279
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

My guild faces him straight towards KT and all the DPS and healers stand on the right side of the room.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #1280
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

So one of my friends talked me into playing some on our old horde server, so I spent the day levelling my shaman to 70.7 or so.

I love enhancement.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote