Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #1421
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

afk 40min then I come back 10min and no more Haku until D2 unless dead.

Enjoy.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:28 PM   #1422
sprucegrit
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I still don't understand why you have "extra setup info".
Well, I'm not claiming my role. I don't know anything about game flavour or the characters of the Sacred Stones. I just know I was given access in my role and had to use it right away or lose it.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:32 PM   #1423
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Unvote

ISOing mtamburini was interesting. Mtam had no track record here prior to this game, so I interpreted that early post in a sort of void—but his later posts are very FFRish. (By which I mean a lot of rapid fire, off the cuff, sort of sarcastic single sentence posts that are more a snapshot of the thread at the time than the player.) But tonally, it sort of syncs well with the throwaway “I'd rather hunt scum,” which makes it seem more genuine, even if it's still a useless statement. At the same time, there's not a lot of actual content, and mtam's play falls into that disconcerting space where there's just enough activity to simulate involvement without actually committing to any ideas (which was one of my main criticisms underpinning the initial vote). The tone is also brusque enough that it comes off as vaguely defensive.

I also didn't like this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtamburini View Post
If you don’t know who I think is town and scum from my few posts then I don’t know what to tell you except to read again
There hadn't been much in terms of reads from mtam outside of obviously scum-reading mellon, some general annoyance with Celirra, and an early town read. Most of his posts had been either sort of annoyed/sarcastic, or comments on the number of pages in the thread. So again, his falls into the same zone as my initial read: implying something that isn't there.

However, given how quickly mtam adopted a conventional TWG playstyle, combined with his willingness to be forceful, suggests someone with an understanding of the game. That he was willing to just explicitly say he was going to play Fortnite instead, and had to ask about how to vote and EOD, suggests a player who isn't interacting with anyone else (i.e. wolves) outside the thread. Those questions, at least, felt genuine.

Overall, I lean pretty close to null on mtam right now, which isn't imo sufficient to continue holding a vote. There's a sort of defensiveness to his posts that's concerning, but that's counterbalanced by the sort of generalized aggression that feels more like frustrated town.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #1424
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucegrit View Post
Well, I'm not claiming my role. I don't know anything about game flavour or the characters of the Sacred Stones. I just know I was given access in my role and had to use it right away or lose it.
You could be a random VT who somehow received something early game from someone else or something.

This is just odd to me.

I don't care about game flavour/characters. I only cared about why you knew "extra info".

Being forced to use something right away or lose it could also fit into a wolf role.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #1425
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

haku is town

spruce lite town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 07-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #1426
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

What if I do this
who cares
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 07-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #1427
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
What if I do this
who cares
Don't do this

Precarious is town for those wondering

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 07-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #1428
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

roundbox ISO

Lots of one-off empty posts that are just sarcastic/facetious (although not nasty about it) responses to whatever is being said. Not a lot to say about those types of posts other than they can be used to simulate activity without actually doing anything. But I suspect that's his style regardless of alignment. Speaking of which

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
can confirm

he's also meme hard claimed before so this means 0 for his alignment
A rare post actually related to the game! It's not indicative of anything—in fact, the point of the post is a non-alignment reading—but it stands out as at least related to the game.

Quote:
fg let's do better wolfing this game
I think voting your partner day 0 is a bad idea

funnygurl
Joke vote on funnygirl. Or perhaps a WIFOM vote, but imo that's a reach given roundbox's playstyle here.

Quote:
THIS x100

WE'RE VIBING Xiz

that's a friend vote
here u go
I guess this is a town read? It's really more of a joking “I agree with your idea” type of thing.

Quote:
can we lynch an avatar
This is the summation of roundbox's game so far. I mean, it's related to the game, technically, but it has nothing to do with actual scumhunting.

Quote:
you're both just grabbing onto what's presently in the thread
end of story!!
This sounds like it's vaguely game related, and it is—but it's not the read it might seem in iso. It's more defensive, after mellon called roundbox's game to that point easy.

Quote:
just stop
This is the same: a “don't bother kind of response to blind calling out the same sort of behavior. This is actually a bit troubling, because someone so nonchalant about actual gameplay probably shouldn't be bothered by what are honestly weak probes.

Quote:
still determining this

I don't like my funnygurl vote anymore

unvote
This is actually roundbox's most interesting post to me. I felt like the funnygirl vote was a joke based on the "case" above, but the tone here makes it almost seem like it was a real vote. I can't tell if that's just getting out of the way of an inconvenient vote, or if there was actually a read before that wasn't articulated well, but it strangely feels more town-sided than anything else roundbox has done, because it feels like there's a level of consideration beneath the surface that hasn't really been shown yet.

Overall, play is anti-town in effect, but that has little to do with actual alignment. I'm not a huge fan of this sort of play. It's possible to make jokes and avoid being dead serious (like me!) without having to sacrifice any real play. The thing is, this style of play isn't that unusual, and I don't think it's indicative on its own, despite not being useful. The concerning element for me is that roundbox was defensive at all when facing weak probes, since I'd expect a town-player of this style to be indifferent to throwaway attacks. Null read, slightest scum tinge.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #1429
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Don't do this

I already did it tho :///
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 07-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #1430
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Don't do this

Its early to say hes town btw dont ya think
Why is he town? Prior to him doing anything a few min ago he was the scummiest inactive to me
Jury still out on if hes scummy to me but hey
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 07-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #1431
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
haku is town

spruce lite town
This post after that Haku post above it is pretty funny.

Tell me how PR hunting publically is town again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #1432
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Its early to say hes town btw dont ya think
Why is he town? Prior to him doing anything a few min ago he was the scummiest inactive to me
Jury still out on if hes scummy to me but hey
Cause they're trying and is not fake

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 07-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #1433
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Don't do this

Have you actually given any information regarding these reads or are you just going to give people alignment names?

Old 07-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #1434
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Cause they're trying and is not fake
kk sure
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 07-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #1435
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Daikyi - Town lean

Prefacing this with I didn't know you also took a hiatus, but nevertheless it seems like you're doing well The metachange will have to get used to but so far so good it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
Fair enough regarding ffa, i've literally never played a game with him which is why i'm asking. regardless, i don't think it'll factor much into any reads, as i'm sure a fuckton has changed over a year (regarding everyone else who i've played with before)

i don't think i'd be able to describe my meta very well because i'm still unsure how i'll respond to things such as haku or mml contributing brain-dead-isms to thread, given the irl stuff that's been goin on for the past year. we'll see!

lol

2 questions:
do you believe that tokzic is seriously claiming marth
do you believe that claiming a character legitimately is indicative of being scum
I agree with the first part of this post and I like the last part of this post. Considering Adams response to that, the test worked imo.

Quote:
town benefits from having more information yes

i'm unsure if revealing this right now was the best decision, because it could be used to at least boost some interactions further down the road with asking people about contents of secret shop, and being able to at least have the first person be confirmable in a lie/truth
This is a post that influences me reading him town. The latter half has pure town intent because of the thought about being at a critical time where you could use the situation to really put town in a good position, and I'm not feeling like a wolf Daikyi would reveal this to people who weren't considering this.tbh if it's all stacking votes, then we guarantee that the majority, if not all the playerbase will make it through to the final round

otherwise, there's a random distribution of people voting, where in the end, assuming 100% perfect distribution of alignments voting, we'll have 1/5 of the playerbase in the final round from how the event works

it's not a matter of increasing town odds of winning the event, but imo the general principle of having only 1 winner in an event where there's 24 people, versus 4-5 people. The final round details have not been announced, and taking the best route is literally not knowable by anyone except sunfan/star

in the end i'm also sure that people (like me) have thrown a vote already blah blah

i do dislike that the thread argument is generally towards something that is still a crapshoot in terms of rng manipulation though[/quote]

This is another post I would contribute towards the lean, as I would find it more acceptable of a town being somewhat against a crapshoot/rng-based thing because of loss of control to that situation. Might be overreading that sentence there, but to each his own.

Quote:
This also rubs me the wrong way hugely, because from what i've seen, there's been no effort to look at the other side of the coin of stacking vs. rng voting, especially with the ramifications of the setup

especially because there's no effort to try and convince cel/anyone else in this mindset otherwise, and it's more of a "you're stupid" line, which feels absolutely gross and more indicative of someone who is trying to avoid dropping actual reasoning in
I can dig it. I like the mindset you carried with this post and the previous ones that were toward the setup and waifu situations. It helps to see that you're at least being consistent with your analysis.

At this point in the isolation, Daikyi is battling Adam about RNG voting and more about the situation. It's interesting to witness because of how Adam's arguments started to devolve into personal gripes such as having to take a leave because Daikyi was getting on his nerves while Daikyi simply kept it formal and got his points across.

Quote:
@ffa if you're talking about the vote onto tokzic because of the marth claim, i agree that his push was actually garbage lmfao

also i've never really gotten too into larger games like this, so i'm unsure if distancing is needed at this point? I'm trying to imagine from a scum mindset whether it's more important to try and distance, or try and look like they're doing something without actually doing anything (which is still the case right now)
I agree here.

Quote:
also it's kinda funny how adam's been advocating for voting for whoever and i still have yet to see anyone to actually acknowledge his plan at all? It seems that well over like a third of people have already voted and made their decision to do everything except do what he's suggesting

also holy shit, reading through adam's stuff, i feel like i have to apologize, cause i'm reminded of how aggressively i used to play, and slinging insults all over the place, damn i must have not been fun to play with
This post speaks to me on deep levels. Big sad.

Funnygurl interactions seem good, Adam interactions seem super good (staying aloof and concise, rather than condescending and aggressive as adam was).

Quote:
sorry guys i'll probably not post much more, i was legit excited to actually like, have conversation about the game

i quite literally don't want to play anymore right now, but here for the long run
Yikes

Quote:
@mellon+cel <3 stepped away for a bit longer, i really needed that

i had some interactions with fg to see where she was, just got a better grip on her by prodding a bit. don't think i'd actually vote her because her reasons for not reading me seemed like something she'd actually say, despite being followed up by something lazy lol

i feel this pretty hard tbh

i definitely got caught up in adam's pace and i've definitely had trouble fixating on anything outside interactions w/ him and things discussing said interactions, which is pretty shit for actual development in thread

misc. unorganized thoughts
============

mellon said it best a little bit back regarding replacement (fucking thank god) where reset as zenith new player, and i think that's where i'm at, i think there's a bunch of people that got shook up by the slot previously, and it's really mentally hard to shake that off and not have it actually contribute to reads (unvote)

emotional reads out of the way as best as possible, raeko town lean, purely based on volume and engagement to thread. at least from what i can remember, it's at least much more town than scum for this to be happening. at the very least, won't vote her today

tambourine isn't really elaborating on any reads, i really dislike the way he's going about just kinda throwing things out there like "mellon collie is wolf", and when asked pretty reasonably why he wants to lynch her, responds with
This kinda goes the same for ffa as well, but to a much lesser degree because at least iirc, his early game wasn't quite as un-informative of mindset. like, comparing ffa to tambourine, it's like, ffa feels more naturally posting mindset updates to thread (feels towny) as his viewpoint continues to evolve, whereas in the other case, tamb just dumped a vote in thread and refused to really elaborate at all

i think i can see at the very least, some sort of "i want to look like i'm doing something without actually doing something" in mtam, where like, dropping a vote (which i'm pretty sure is his intention, even though he didn't officially vote) is fine and dandy, but without elaborating on anything regarding how the read has developed, it doesn't serve to push the game state forwards.

Gonna stop rambling i think, because i'm unsure how to put this into words other than:
voting someone w/o elaboration especially doesn't look good, because if it was an actual push and actual belief fo the person, then probably there'd be an attempt to also sway the rest of the opinions of the playerbase

=======

still scrambled probably if that doesn't make any sense tell me lol
Posts like this start happening from you which I like. I haven't iso'd Raeko at this point but I can agree with the points that have been made thus far and the posts I've seen from other isolations. The rest of the posts following this is mostly about my stuff which I've responded to already. Apologies that half of this iso is just me agreeing with your points but I couldn't have said them better had I been there for those moments.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #1436
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Damn, apologies for the one improper quote there :/

Old 07-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #1437
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
This post after that Haku post above it is pretty funny.

Tell me how PR hunting publically is town again?
Haku's just an idiot

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #1438
Celirra
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Haku's just an idiot
Rude
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 07-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #1439
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
sorry guys i'll probably not post much more, i was legit excited to actually like, have conversation about the game

i quite literally don't want to play anymore right now, but here for the long run

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #1440
Celirra
FFR Player