Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Kick george outta the Usa
yes 11 57.89%
no 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #21
dontcareaboutmyid
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to dontcareaboutmyid Send a message via Yahoo to dontcareaboutmyid

Because if you were in germany at the time and you tried you'd be shot

This ye olde US of A where we can bitch about a stupid president

And Maka, I want to see your sources mkay?
dontcareaboutmyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 01:59 PM   #22
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

sources for what...accidents happening in the US, iraq having a govrenment with a constitution, that saddam is a terrorist, that troops are being taken out of iraq....well the tax raises by kerry is ewll documented, its even on commercials...most of this stuff is common knowledge just watch cnn for 15 minutes a day
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:10 PM   #23
chillywilly
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chillywilly Send a message via MSN to chillywilly

i voted no, because this guy never said what kind of george, he could mean curious george, and i love him.
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:24 PM   #24
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

ha, this has gone far enough... chilly wins, it was actually a typo, the kid meant to type georgia... its an inside joke. sorry, but continue with ur ideas, it has turned into a pretty good topic.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #25
chillywilly
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to chillywilly Send a message via MSN to chillywilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristia
chilly wins,
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli121212
damn straight
chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 05:15 PM   #26
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxDx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrombie0909
4: He lied to the American people and Nato, claiming he had evidence of WMD in possession of Saddam when in fact the weapons inspectors found nothing even suggesting that Saddam had them or had malicious intent against the US
Back in the 1940's, there was this guy by the name of Hitler, who never had malicious intent against the US, but we went to war against him because he invaded neighboring countries and commited mass genocide. Sounds familiar, but you don't see anyone complaining about getting rid of Hitler do you?
Other than that he said "we wold live a thousand years of pain". But I suppose that could be taken other ways. Wait, no, it couldn't. Oh well.

And you know what else, FDR had Congress' direct permission. They approved. It was against Japan, but our buddy Britain was getting its ass whooped by the Nazis. The Nazis were the Japanese's allies, so we helped out the British.

Sure, $900 billion is a fair amount. Yeah. But Bush spent about....more than that on other stuff, excluding the war. Yeah. If there are 100,000,000 tax payers, then its a $9000 increase per person, averaged. Thats quite a bit for alot of people. But then, you gotta do what it takes to pay off a debt.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:44 PM   #27
makaveli121212
FFR Player

the national debt is overrated it means absloutely nothing...it sounds nice, and it might mean something to the uneducated, but is really no big deal
Old 03-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #28
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

God, oh so so wrong.

Quote:
you dont need to congresses approval to go to war, its been done many time by many presidents, theres no way that is a negative
There's a reason the government is made the way it is- that's the whole point behind Checks and Balances, so no one party has too much power. If the President had the ability to go to war whenever he wanted, then Regan would have gone to war with Russia during the Cold War and we'd both be craters resulting from a nuclear war. Congress is supposed to approve, to make sure that it's a good idea- this obviously wasn't.

Quote:
saddam was indirectly linked to 9/11, it was done by terrorists and hes a terrorist
Al Quida is a terroristic group, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Columbia. You cannot possibly say that just because they were two terrorist activities they were related in any way shape or form. There simply was no evidence linking Saddam to 9-11, yet Bush lied to the people, congress and Nato, saying that there was.

Quote:
we lose troops everyday because of accidents in the US too...they just arent talked about...you cant possibly blame the president on accidents...
Absolutely I can. He had no war plan, no strategy, nothing to back this war up but a hunch. He sent us into war with all guns blazing, and once it got muddy we ran out of water. Even when I agreed with the war (back when Bush was lying to us and all, which I notice you didn't bring up), I still felt that he was going about it all wrong, and he is and was.

Quote:
Bush spent the taxpayers money to help protect our nation...kerry will spend it on the poor and the old...
Those damn poor and old people...let's pull a Maddox and ship 'em off in a rocket to the sun!

Quote:
Back in the 1940's, there was this guy by the name of Hitler, who never had malicious intent against the US, but we went to war against him because he invaded neighboring countries and commited mass genocide. Sounds familiar, but you don't see anyone complaining about getting rid of Hitler do you?
Completely different. First of all, Hitler had already started a war, it had been going on for three years and involved the WORLD. That's why it was a WORLD WAR. It involved dozens of other countries and was a much bigger scale thing. Beyond that, the President had Congress' approval, we had a Commander in Chief who actually knew what he was doing, and our war plan worked. We had evidence of the war, he was killing millions of people, and the only reason we got into the war in the first place was because the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Review your history.

Quote:
the national debt is overrated it means absloutely nothing...it sounds nice, and it might mean something to the uneducated, but is really no big deal
Do you know what the national debt is? I don't think you do, Maka. The national debt is how much money we owe, which I believe hovers around 40 TRILLION dollars. That's $40,000,000,000,000! Stop for a minute and think about how much money that is. We have such a high national debt it's not even funny. We are officially past the point of no return of being able to pay of the debt, meaning one of these days we're going to have to face it. And if we can't pay up, you know what happens? We go bankrupt. And you know what happens then? We get nuked simultaneously by dozens of countries that want nothing more than to watch this country erupt in flame, and the only reason they'd do that is because they know we can't fight back. Now you tell me if it isn't such a big deal.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:55 PM   #29
makaveli121212
FFR Player

firstly terrorism is our enemy, and the whole world is involved...spain added to the list now...this really is a world war, though we just dont have a country as an enemy its terrorsts...checks and balances and party control has little to with going to war...you said yourself they are both terrorsits, that is their link they are related, they are comparable...if the US could take out all terrorists they would, but theres a priority list...yes im sure bush had no war strategy, please back that up with facts...then you say it was ok to go to war with hitler because he was killing many people, uhhh...are you seriously retarded, saddam killed many people too....YOU obviously dont know what the national debt is...do you know who we owe the money to...im sure you dont so ill tell, our own nations banks...the country wont go bankrupt...the US banks will never, NEVER, stop giving the governmnet money...its just because we always pay them back...i dont know where you get these ideas from, but youre making yourself look like an idiot, youre totally clueless...like i said the national debt seems to be a big deal to those that are uninformed
Old 03-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #30
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

yeah, your national debt comment was pretty retarded there anticrombie.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #31
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Because your "let's compare this war to Hitler" comment was the analogy of the century. If you keep on borrowing from a bank, and never pay it back, what happens? Eventually you'll have to pay it off, because they'll stop giving you money. And you know what happens then, if you can't pay off the debt? You go bankrupt. Countries have gone bankrupt before, and with 40 trillion dollars in the whole and no way to pay it back, what do you think is going to happen?
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:20 AM   #32
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

Perhaps you missed the point of the hitler comment. The point was that Saddam killed many of his own people, but somehow you overlook the fact that he killed innocent people. Perhaps we shouldn't meddle in the affairs of any murderers then? Perhaps we shouldn't meddle in the affairs of a man who kills his own people and attacks and invades other countries.

Edit: regarding the economy...
We will not go bankrupt, because the banks know that if they loan to America, we, of all the nations on earth, have the means to pay it back. For being one of the youngest nations in the world, we are also the most powerful. I highly doubt that anyone would let the most powerful nation in the world go bankrupt. We will continue getting loans from banks, and the fact that we are in debt doesn't matter one bit. It's not like personal finances, where a bank looks at your credit history, well, I guess it kinda is, and what is our credit history? As far as I can tell, we pay off all of our debts at some point. The reason banks do loan to the US is because they knwo this. They know that if they loan to the US, they will be paid back, and with interest, so the do it. If the banks thought that the US would go bankrupt at all, don't you think they would have stopped loaning us money once we got into debt?
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #33
makaveli121212
FFR Player

i stated exactly what VxD did in one of my previous posts...did you just completely pass that one over or what...how many times does it need to be said to get through your thick skull, cause i can say it again if you want
Old 03-16-2004, 06:46 PM   #34
COBOL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to COBOL

Bush has made mistakes but he is way better than Kerry