Old 01-31-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Need some feedback

Hi everyone,

I made a file mostly 120 BPM, but it contains some giant difficulty spikes (240BPM stream for like 10 seconds)

so I was wondering if someone would be interested to test my file for AIDS patterns, since 240 BPM is too fast for me to play myself.

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/50...M0nkeyz%5D.rar

Last edited by M0nkeyz; 01-31-2016 at 10:29 AM..
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
FM_tazmaster8488
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to FM_tazmaster8488
Default Re: Need some feedback

I've been playing this game and SM for about 10 years or so. I just don't now how to bring song packs into FFR unless these are Sim files for SM. If you can tell me how to bring them into FFR I would definitely play them to see how they are.
FM_tazmaster8488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak
Default Re: Need some feedback

I like the repetitive use of the jack in the left note, and thought you layered it quite well. I feel that the melody that plays over the drums and bass goes ignored in your steps, and would love to see it incorporated. Green note use feels a little excessive to me, but whatever, that's more of a personal thing.

The first 32nd burst suffers from too many crossovers and feels very awkward at this BPM.

The 32nd stream is pretty much unplayable. You missed a note in beat 3 of measure 50, making it feel incredibly awkward, and there's what feels like a random jump on an 8th note in measure 52. I think you're trying to portray that the melody peaks there, but it peaks on the same note several times thereafter as well, so if you want to point it out you should repeat it rather than doing it once.

The trick to working at this tempo is making patterns intuitive and readable at sight. One trick to achieving this, which you actually employed at first, is having the streams repeat and change with the pattern of the music behind it. You recognize this and step simple, readable streams for the first 4 beats, changing the pattern every 2 beats. It works well, and tells me you have the right idea. But then you get into crazyville and step things which occasionally fit the 2 beat pattern idea, but mostly don't, and are filled with awkward crossovers.

The second 32nd burst feels a little better but still has some uncomfortable crossovers. Look at files like Heavenly Spores from Light Chancellors Pack 2, Jai Envie de Plaisir X2 from the Puritanical Penis Pack 2, and Shredder Twins from VGMP 2 for inspiration on how to step streams and bursts at high tempos.

I thought the 24th bits were good! Pretty good file overall but the 32nd streams absolutely stand out as needing work. Keep at it and keep improving man!

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote