Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
tobias_foxdemon
FFR Player

Default Spider-Man 3

Comes out Friday... *does a little dance* Who's planning to see the midnight showing? I would... but I have to go to school XP

Anyone looking foward to it... or maybe planning to buy the soundtrack (anyone like Snow Patrol?) or the game (what system do you plan to buy it on? each system has different villians) ???

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
I am staring INTO YOUR SOUL
tobias_foxdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Kinspin
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Kinspin
Default Re: Spider-Man 3

My friends and I have tickets for the midnight showing at the Imax.
I've been anticipating this movie since the second one came out.
Old 05-1-2007, 01:27 AM   #3
MarukuAntoni
mmmMMMmmm
FFR Veteran

im excited to watch the movie. unfortunately, i wont be watching the midnight show. but watching it on friday should be good enough. its going to be BIG!
Old 05-1-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Snow Patrol = <3.

My school has a half-day the day the movie comes out. Which should I choose? =P

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
AriesMalvis
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

^ the movie =]

and i do want to see it
but it's not one i have to see right when it comes out
anyways i prefer the movies when irritating ppl aren't there
Old 05-1-2007, 01:54 AM   #6
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

That is near to impossible Aries. =P Especially when this is a potential -box-office hit, irritating people you just want to kick in the ass will be there.

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 02:59 AM   #7
Afrombean
FFR Player

Hey I was going to make this thread but I was waiting until it got a bit closer.

Anyway, I haven't any friends who are as into this as I am and my family also has bad taste in things, so I'd have no one to go with to the midnight showing. I'll be going with my family Saturday afternoon, since that's when everyone else's schedule matched up well enough. I don't understand why they don't want to work around the movie to fix their schedule. My little sister doesn't want to miss school friday to see it, but if we went without her while she was at school she'd be mad, and my mom is working friday evening. The best solution really would be to make a midnight showing or friday morning, but again, my sister CAN'T MISS SCHOOL FOR SOME REASON LOL.

Anyway, yeah, I'm pumped. I'm a bit turned off by the changes to costume design (as well as a certain retcon regarding Peter's uncle... but I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know), but it still looks awesome. I don't even care that Harry isn't even a "goblin" of any sort. I can even look past the fact that the black suit is basically entirely wrong and Venom, despite being fairly in accurate in some respects, has many things which are just plain not right. Hell, I'm even willing to ignore the fact that they brought in Gwen Stacy as a secondary love interest, even though it makes absolutely no sense in that context and Felicia Hardey would have made more sense given the period of his life he is in as well as the fact that it would leave it open for Black Cat to appear in possible future films. I'll save my specific critique for until I actually see the film, but I can say without a doubt that it should be sweet regardless.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 03:07 AM   #8
bojangles692
FFR Player

I'll see it in a few months when it comes to HBO =)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=vertex+beta
I play Vertex BETA :O
bojangles692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 06:36 AM   #9
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Been waiting for this since March 2006. I cant believe its been over a year :O
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 07:06 AM   #10
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
Been waiting for this since March 2006. I cant believe its been over a year :O
Yeah, it doesnt feel like its been that long.
brothaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 11:13 AM   #11
sexaypickle
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to sexaypickle

this movie is going to be amazing, and me and a group from work might go see the midnight showing!! i am so pumped!
Old 05-1-2007, 03:46 PM   #12
Chief0678
FFR Player

Location: Planet Earth, beating up all of the Covenant forces
Send a message via Yahoo to Chief0678

I'm gonna watch it, cause I've been waitin since the 2nd movie was done. I'll probably watch it on DVD though. The theaters will be too crowded. Spidey's gonna kick Gobby's, Sandman's, and Symbiote freak Venom's butt!!!!
Chief0678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
lXD
L not I
FFR Veteran

unfortuneatly im going to see bullet for my valentine on friday and bamboozle on saturday =[

so i have to wait a whole week listening to people brag about it before i can see it =[
219 tier points
IndexRulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugstoreCowboy View Post
lXD - my best friend. You have helped me throughout ffr more than anyone here will ever know. Not only do we have pretty much in common, but we can talk to each other about anything. You deserve this. Thanks for everything <3 Tagteam partners for life
bifflez yo<3
lXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

You people talking about how long you've been waiting...

I've been waiting for Venom to appear in a movie ever since I first heard that there was going to be a Spider-man movie in the first place. Of course I'm quite a bit disappointed by the lack of the proper symbiote suit, but at least they got the giant white spider on Venom.

ps I might be going to a midnight showing with some people from work. I didn't realize they were as into this stuff as that.
Old 05-1-2007, 06:51 PM   #15
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I'll probably see it one or two days after the release day.
Old 05-1-2007, 06:54 PM   #16
alster1
What is this I don't even
FFR Veteran

ill probably see it on saturday, and i've been waiting for it since watching the end of the second one in theaters =)
Old 05-1-2007, 08:17 PM   #17
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
You people talking about how long you've been waiting...

I've been waiting for Venom to appear in a movie ever since I first heard that there was going to be a Spider-man movie in the first place. Of course I'm quite a bit disappointed by the lack of the proper symbiote suit, but at least they got the giant white spider on Venom.

ps I might be going to a midnight showing with some people from work. I didn't realize they were as into this stuff as that.
Ive been waiting for Venom from ever before the first movie (while I was also waiting for a movie XD). And a proper symbiote suit isnt the only thing that Venom is lacking. Hes also lacking a proper actor to fill in the role. Topher Grace is too small and scrawny. We need a beefed up, steroid user to play the role.
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2007, 09:20 PM   #18
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Well, that's the thing. This is a different Eddie Brock than you're probably familiar with. He's much more like the Ultimate version... read this (from the Wikipedia article about Eddie Brock):
Quote:
The Spider-Man 3 film version of Eddie Brock seems to be based on an amalgam of Ultimate Eddie and the standard Eddie. His build, name,[19] and romantic interests are all shared with Ultimate Eddie, while his occupation as a rival photographer along with his history and jealous motivations are drawn from the 616 version.[20]
Basically, he's of the same type as Peter. In fact, I'm quite sure that Topher Grace could have played Peter well himself were he given the chance.

And if you've seen the recent TV spots, you'll see that Venom actually is quite big despite Topher being more on the small side. Besides, the larger-than-life super bulk Venom from the comics would probably have just come off as cheesy and fake looking in live action.
Old 05-1-2007, 10:01 PM   #19
tobias_foxdemon
FFR Player

I agree with Arfrobean, that this Venom is based from the Ultimate Spider-Man comic. I've actually read them myself, including the venom storyline. I think Topher is going to do an excellent job as Eddie. People just need to realize that Topher is NOT just that 70's show guy, who was skinny and kind of an annyoying character in my opinion. Actors are supposed to act, and Topher was just playing the part.

I was watching OnDemand and I saw some extras for Spider-Man. I watched an interview with Topher and saw that he had actually gained around 20 lbs. for the role, and had worked out extensively for months. I think Topher has matured as an actor, and is breaking out of his 70's shell... I'm confident that he will do well as Eddie/Venom.

Personally, it wouldn't be the end of the world if there was some new and interestin twist to the movie that separates it form the comcs. Having a movie that was entirely based on the comics would be boring because everyone would know what was going to happen!

Changing topics... has anyone bought the soundtrack yet? It came out today and wondering if anyone had listened to it yet.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
I am staring INTO YOUR SOUL
tobias_foxdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2007, 04:37 PM   #20
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

I've got midnight showing tickets. My family and I are going. Looks awesome!

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote