Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
People who have XBox Live got it patched in for free rofl owned
People who have the Wii version force Activision to spend money fixing their mistake rather than forcing consumers to take up hard drive space on a problem that should've been fixed with bug testing.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:05 AM   #1482
BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5 Send a message via MSN to BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5

Haha, that video was hilarious.

Butit just takes a lot of practice. Nobody can clear stuff like Raining Blood on their first try, it just takes hours of practicing HOs and POs. I was lucky on Hard, I could survive the Mosh still in the yellow life area. If I can do it, anybody can!
BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #1483
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

I'm glad I didn't buy Guitar Hero 3, but I need to get off my ass sometime and rent the damn thing.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #1484
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just got the Search And Destroy achievement (15 wins in a row without hosting a game)
now working on Life Of The Party (15 wins in a row while hosting a game)
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:11 AM   #1485
_pandaman_
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

ps3 and 360 both have hyperspeed online now. came in a patch.

And yes, yahtzee is ****in hilarious. I always look forward to wednesday

_pandaman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #1486
Halogod9999
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Halogod9999

Anyone mad good at guitar hero here that wants to take me on? i own lol.
Halogod9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #1487
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halogod9999 View Post
Anyone mad good at guitar hero here that wants to take me on? i own lol.
somehow i get the impression that you're not as good as at least half this thread

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #1488
_pandaman_
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ahahahahahah, i will destroy you lololol.

Seriously, Ive only ever been between twice online, and that was both by the same guy (Krimsun Munkey from SH, hes such a ****in beast)

_pandaman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #1489
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pandaman_ View Post
Ahahahahahah, i will destroy you lololol.

Seriously, Ive only ever been between twice online, and that was both by the same guy (Krimsun Munkey from SH, hes such a ****in beast)
I have you on my friends list (I think), and I wanted to play with you, but you were on rock band
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #1490
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Finally passed one song in Tier 8 of Expert. The easiest one, though: Number of the Beast.

The problem I was having was that it's completely out of sync. I was doing so terribly when the music was playing, so I muted it. Passed first try.

The opening pattern of Cliffs of Dover always gets me. The mashes in One always get me (And it's a pain getting that far into the song just to fail so quickly. I can't even use star power by the time my meter goes from full green to blinking red). And let's not even talk about Raining Blood.

It's funny because I've 5-starred Cliffs, One, and Number on Hard.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:23 PM   #1491
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Finally passed one song in Tier 8 of Expert. The easiest one, though: Number of the Beast.

The problem I was having was that it's completely out of sync. I was doing so terribly when the music was playing, so I muted it. Passed first try.

The opening pattern of Cliffs of Dover always gets me. The mashes in One always get me (And it's a pain getting that far into the song just to fail so quickly. I can't even use star power by the time my meter goes from full green to blinking red). And let's not even talk about Raining Blood.

It's funny because I've 5-starred Cliffs, One, and Number on Hard.
There ya go.

I also think that parts of NotB are a little offsync for me, really annoying.

One / Raining Blood suck. Just keep at COD, that song is really really fun once you get it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #1492
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It's not fun on Expert.

It's the opposite of fun.

It sucks.

I quit. I give up. Again. It's just too frustrating to deal with it and I don't know why I care so much to keep trying. I spent two hours just playing those three songs. Practicing over and over again. I still can't pass any of them.

I can get the intro of Cliffs by cheating the orange notes, but the next pattern is just so bizarre that I have no idea what is going on. It's totally nonsensical. I don't get why they had to make it completely different from the accurate representation of the notes in Hard. But hey! Anything to make it just that little bit more difficult, right!

I fail at 79-81% on One no matter what I do. With or without Star Power. It's not even an issue of when SP runs out. I fail with star power on the retarded mash. And let's not even discuss Raining Blood.

I'm more or less done with the game. I can't Full Combo anything because of retarded drops for no reason on even the easiest of songs (seriously. On Jonas, I don't drop on the whites. I don't drop on the fast doubles. I don't drop on the long solo. I drop on the easiest part that comes after that. Unbelievable). I've 5-starred every song on Hard (with the exception of the massively retarded Raining Blood) and tiers 1-5 on Expert. WHY THE HELL ARE THE LAST FOUR SONGS SO RETARDED. NO GUITARIST IN THE WORLD CAN DO THAT IN A CONCERT.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 PM   #1493
ty77le77r77
Banned

there should be gh3 turtney on ffr by printing yur scores on the song that was designated
ty77le77r77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #1494
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty77le77r77 View Post
there should be gh3 turtney on ffr by printing yur scores on the song that was designated
Seconded.

Also I find alot of the Expert songs fun Squeek sorry. Cliffs of Dover is one of the funnest songs I have played out of any Guitar Hero, And I actually ENJOY the crazy Rain Blood solo...the thing I don't enjoy is that stupid boss battle with Lou. That's the only thing I don't enjoy...even if I don't pass TTFAF into (though I almost have it down) It's still fun...I guess it varies from person to person.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 AM   #1495
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Cliffs of Dover is really fun. It's one of my favorite songs. On Hard. Where you're not randomly going O G O G O G O G for no reason.

Seriously, after playing every song on Hard, then switching to Expert, there are multiple times where the notes actually don't make any sense on Expert, where they actually make sense on Hard. Notes of different pitches are assigned the same color because it spreads them out more, thus making it harder to play, whereas their Hard counterparts actually assign the notes different colors and keep the spread normal.

There's no excuse for O+G doubles or triples with those two colors. No excuse at all. There's no way in hell that any guitarist regularly plays a song that actually requires them to stretch their pinky across the entire fret in a way that will cause carpal tunnel faster than you can say "retarded".

The only reason I'm upset is because this is a simulator. Simulators are not supposed to be harder than the actual activity. Think back to flight simulators. After playing a flight simulator, do you think you could fly a plane? You get like three knobs to control on a flight sim. There are hundreds on a real plane. I play Trauma Center, which is a medical simulator. I bet I couldn't even make a proper incision on a person with a scalpel, let alone excise tumors. Wii Sports is a sports simulator. I'd never actually go out boxing or golfing. I can't even properly serve in tennis. I actually can hit home runs in baseball, but the simulator just requires a simple motion, not taking into account everything that factors into playing baseball in reality.

When people out there tell me that playing a guitar is easier than Guitar Hero, something is wrong. If a real guitar weren't so expensive and I actually had a real interest in learning how to play one, I'd actually go get one just to prove a point.

My problem is that Hard has become too simple for me now. I want something more challenging. But Expert is just too retarded to consider a challenge. I want the actual song. Why they couldn't have made a mode where you actually play the legitimate notes is beyond me.

Last edited by Squeek; 12-21-2007 at 01:49 AM..
Old 12-21-2007, 03:48 AM   #1496
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Squeek, it isn't often that you have to go G-O doubles/triples. They aren't too common at all. Some of the stuff, I'll admit, is pretty crazy ridiculous in expert mode. Before I forget comes to mind first. But in all honesty, once you got use to the difficulty, the songs became increasingly fun, and less ridiculous. It just honestly takes time to overcome that curve and start having fun with the songs again. And no, I am not crazy good at GH3, my rank on XBL is barely under 10,000, and I can't pass TTFAF or constantly get through the crazy solo in Raining Blood. But the songs are still fun to me, alot more so that on hard, which I can barely get myself to get through because it is boring.

Maybe the fact that you are too used to hard is the problem, and you just can't get used to the difficulty. Or maybe it is just varies with the person...the increased difficulty provides more of a challenge, I guess, and kind of makes it more fun to the person. But I never notice the how evil some of the notes are, or how much they lack sense. Honestly, they all seem to make perfect sense to me, well not all of them, and not all perfect sense...but alot of them do.

I personally don't play it because it's a simulator, and I (personal opinion) don't think playing a guitar is any easier than playing this game....I picked up guitar and started learning how to play, mainly because of Guitar Hero 2, and I have found it MUCH harder to learn than getting good at Guitar Hero. Bar-chords are murder to learn. As alot of other stuff is...I'm not good enough to play any of these songs, and I have heard that some songs are much easier to play on a guitar than in Guitar Hero...but then again...I really don't know how else to explain this Squeek. I think it comes down to the person again...some people enjoy playing something that's much harder to play in reality...it provides a challenge I guess. While others look for something more legit I guess. I kind of rambled there. Sorry.

And, a second just to say, Hooray for KoC 5 star, Just Black Sunshine, The Seeker, Before I Forget, Cult of Personality, and all of the final tier left on the main set...still alot left but kinda happy about that KoC 5 star.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 AM   #1497
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm not saying Orange+Green is hard. It's not even remotely close to what causes trouble for me on Expert.

I'm saying Expert is retarded. I'm saying those kinds of notes don't exist in the real guitar world, so they have no place in a dumbed-down version of playing guitar.

And no, I'm not "not used" to Expert. I wrote that I 5-starred at least 25 of the songs on Expert with no problems.

Also, people enjoyed Guitar Hero 1 and 2, correct? In that case, what was the reason to decide to go from "let's make Expert an accurate representation of the song, thus saying 'if you think you're good enough to play the guitarist's song like the guitarist plays it, then try this'" to "let's just throw together any combination of triples and insane hopo patterns and call it a day".

And like I said before in this thread, my issue with Hard is that they once again pulled a retarded act. They arbitrarily removed notes from some of the riffs in some of the songs. Thus, there is no mode in the game for playing a song as an actual guitarist would play the song.

That's what pisses me off. How can you have a guitar simulator if you never simulate playing guitar?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #1498
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I didn't say it was hard...I just said that combination is not too common at all.

And sorry, I kind of came in late in the thread and missed most of what has been said, I read that last night but it was 4 am, and I wanted to go to bed.

To answer one question, DDR is a dance simulator, yet are you really simulating dancing? I don't think I've gone to a dance where people are all standing in a small, individual squares pressing imaginary arrows on the ground...the simulator aspect to what your saying seems a little dumb to me.

And, 1 since Harmonix left and went to do Rock Band, you get left with Activision taking care of the sequel. Since the popularity of Guitar Hero rose so much when the difficulty of Guitar Hero 2 was raised, Activision thought, let's continue the trend, except more ridiculous this time,people will love that. Quite wrong.

As I said before I'll admit Guitar Hero gets pretty ridiculous at times, but I don't know how many people actually play it because it's a music simulator and look to play it how the real guitarists play it. Part of it is diificulty of the note charts are making up for the fact your basicly strumming one string on 5 different frets and magically making up chords...so instead of having to stretch your hand across the strings and quickly changing the position of your hand, or stretch your index finger all across the fret board to create bar chords, your just given a harder variation of notes and such to play, requiring small changes in your hand location and quick reflexes.

That's about the only explanation I can offer, it isn't a very good one mind you, but I still think it varies person to person how much they are going to enjoy the expert mode.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #1499
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Squeek. If you are fustrated that you cannot beat the other 3 Tier 8 songs, you're better off not knowing how hard the guitar battle vs Lou is.

Also, for COD, star power is your friend in the intro.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #1500
Cyanite
SIT THE **** DOWN.

Send a message via AIM to Cyanite

long post alert

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing people complain about GH3's difficulty. Yeah, yeah, the last tier on expert is impossible to the casual gamer. Yes, some of the songs in the game have faster patterns than they should, or chords in place of individual notes.

If you want to play the game because you want an accurate representation of what it's like to play the guitar, then you're wasting your time. Even if each note in-game corresponded to each note played on a real guitar, including pitch relevance and timing, you're still not getting anything accurate. So with that in mind it's not the end of the world if the developers choose to make the song harder than it should be by adding a few chords and notes in places where it's not represented in the music being played. In this way it keeps the illusion that what you're playing still sounds like it's being represented in the form of a real guitar, while keeping the die-hard players happy with new challenges in each game.

That's what the developers need to have in each game: progressive difficulty. I started GHII and could barely play Hard. 10 months later I was able to 5* everything on expert, after about 2 months of focusing on just that (**** you Six) and afterwards, I started losing interest. Why? Because I lost initiative. If GHIII came out with it's wider timing window, and I 5*ed everything in one run, I'd have put the game away and sat on my hands waiting for Rock Band to come out. If people can't see passing songs like Raining Blood as a goal to aspire to, they should just quit playing the game. They've lost focus. Songs like Raining Blood and Through the Fire and the Flames are in GHIII because 5 starring them, let alone passing them, is supposed to be a goal that not everyone can immediately achieve. Yes, a GOAL. They're not there just to be impossible for the hell of it, they're there so you can keep playing the game with the mindset that you'll eventually get good enough to beat those once thought to be unimaginably difficult songs.

I also empathize with the whole "hard is too easy, expert is too hard" point, but you can eventually lead into the last tier's difficulty. There are plenty of songs in a wide range of difficulties to where you can eventually lead into those Tier 8 songs by practicing somewhat easier ones. It just takes commitment, and if anyone's unwilling to put that into the game, then they're essentially just whining over the fact that the developers put something outside of the average gamer's immediate reach.

Long story short, the hard songs are there to be difficult for those who like being challenged. If you don't like being challenged, put the guitar controller down and play Wii Sports or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
oh yeah girls love it when I stick my massive arm in their mouth

Last edited by Cyanite; 12-21-2007 at 07:34 PM..
Cyanite is offline   Reply With Quote