Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #241
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: 2moons

I tried it at level 45 and failed.

It's really, really hard. Even my Curses do like 800 damage each hit and he's got way too much health to even see his HP dip before he hits me for 1000+ damage and kills me, or summons like 10 more guys to bother me.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #242
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loot You View Post
Us mages get the spells that make us worth it at 36 (ranged super AOE hehe), and 27-36 are supposedly the most tedious for us. I haven't had the time to put into this game lately because of school which is why I'm not leveling like you guys. We should try to make quick level guides for all 6 classes, using collective information. What works best for a bagi might not work the best for everyone else, from what I'm seeing.

Edit: I kinda meant to quote your "way to read the leveling guide" post, but w/e
Uhhh I'm pretty sure all classes follow the same guide structure. Especially after level 34. You have no choice then. The only difference is going to be slight...i.e. what levels you do my suggestions might be a bit different. Same goes for where exactly on the map you train.

Some slight modifications can be made but it's not that big of a deal.

And i'm almost level 50. I think i'll just go ahead and get there tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #243
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Quote:
8 damage per hit, even with skills
there's your problem right there.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #244
arelik
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh thanks, I couldn't figure it out.
I asked because it's a lvl 38 quest and it should be doable at lvl 41. I guess it's a quest that you have to do with a party.
arelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #245
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, well, I had the same problem.

It's definitely a party-oriented quest. We can run it some time I suppose. I'm getting close to the upper level of that string of quests though, so it should be soon.

I just wish these stupid Ishumas would drop my gloves. I spent another 2 hours there today for nothing. Though I did get some Noble pants and boots for myself. Then again, Noble armor (sans gloves) is just resistance and defense--pointless things.

I get a new attack skill at level 47. It's not very good. It's my damage over time spell that does both physical and curse damage. It's also got an AOE splash effect, but not a very good one.

It isn't until level 59 that I get my true AOE. Also known as the best AOE in the game. Let's see... thousands of damage per second in a huge radius... at level one.

Low-quality video, but you get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm1KZXv0s8w

At 65, Blood hit hits 8 times at about 2,500 damage a hit. Yeah, we're talking 20,000 damage. Minimum.

Ever wonder why I picked Segnale? =p

Edit: I give up looking. It's not worth it. I was hoping it wouldn't take 500, 1000, 2000, or even more kills just to get one piece of this set. Apparently that's what it's going to take.

I guess people who farm for these things have AOE skills to help them. =/

Last edited by Squeek; 09-14-2007 at 03:15 AM..
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #246
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Any tips for a Sengale, Squeek? I'm only on level 6 now. Upping my strength doesn't seem to do anything...

And also, I bought the books for the lv 5+ spells, but how come I can't activate them?

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #247
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Eep.

Segnale damage is Dex, not Str.

The most common Seg build is just to add Dex and Spr necessary for your next weapon requirements (head to the shop and check it out or use this: http://2moons.mmosite.com/guide/item...loodwhip.shtml), then dump the rest into Heal. This is what I've been doing and it's been working out quite well. Some people just do 3-1-1 Dex, Heal, Spr every level. I do not recommend it.

Also, to learn spells, you just right-click them in your inventory.

These are what I used for help:

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/2moons/viewtopic.php?t=23818
http://phpbb.acclaim.com/2moons/viewtopic.php?t=22761
http://phpbb.acclaim.com/2moons/viewtopic.php?t=36080

Just so you know, my build so far has been pretty simple. I put a single point into skills I need just to unlock better skills and leave them at that. Then when the good skills come around, I level them up every chance I get. This'll help along the way: http://2moons.mmosite.com/guide/class/segnale.shtml (IE required)

Good skills:

Heal / Blood Mastery: These are our regen skills. To be honest, I don't think they're entirely worthwhile past level 20 or so. But hey, I still have extra points to spend, so I don't regret investing. Also, Curse Mastery is apparently broken. Not that it did anything before.

Blood Tree: Death Scythe, Backdraft, Ruins Skull, and Evil Spear. None of these are very good. I left them all at 1 point. Therefore, Blood Hit, Vampire, Dread Nail, Curse Field, and Evil Crow are the five skills I'd recommend maxing in the Blood tree. Blood Hit being our most powerful single-damage spell and Curse Field being our best (and only) AOE.

Curse Tree: Seriously, this tree sucks. Just ignore it. Every skill is 10 levels to finish and they don't really get any better along the way.

Heal Tree: I did something a little different here. I left Wound Healing, Recover, Magic Shield, and Increase Attack at level 1. I do not intend to raise them. I temporarily left Self-Heal, Hyper Heal, and Fast Healing at level 1 because they're over-effective at this point and unnecessary to raise. So I'm going to ignore them until I need to raise them again. Rising Guard is incredibly awesome as it's a self-buff that adds 25% block rate (and only takes 5 points to level). The other two buffs aren't much better as you level them, so you can ignore them. Then we have AOE buffs. Again, I'd max the AOE guard, but do a point in the defense and attack buffs. They just don't get good enough to worry about.

G'luck. Segnales are the slowest-leveling class until level 59. After that, we're the fastest-leveling class.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-14-2007 at 12:27 PM..
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #248
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Yea so I'm level 50.

I'll make the guild when I have the money...and by the looks of it, that might take awhile. I'm not having any luck with comissions. I did 5 of them and got the lowest possible reward each time. :S
Old 09-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #249
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Eep.

Segnale damage is Dex, not Str.
Yeah, I figured that out and I've put like 1 point on Str.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #250
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

So...better than Maple Story?
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #251
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Both games are really grindy, but you notice a huge difference in levels in this game and every level is worth something.

For instance, in just 5 levels the things you're killing could go from really hard 3HKO to an easy 1HKO.

Plus it's cooler-looking.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #252
fireking550
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fireking550

Ive been playing this for awhile and now i think this game is awesome. (even more than i did before). Ive been training a summoner now, there kinda boring though u really don't do anything. I still like the knights better you actually do something when fighting
fireking550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #253
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Then play your Knight.

A lot of people LOVE Summoners. I've seen more than enough of them around anyway. Play what you enjoy.

And really, just because there's a lot of them doesn't mean they're better than the other classes :P
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #254
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

People like Summoners because your summon kills things while you AFK, earning you EXP when you aren't even around.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #255
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I kill their summons when I see them doig that. then, they'll die muahahahahaha. I'm so evil. btw will reach lvl 34 today hopefully. If I can't, I'll have to tomorrow so I can do a nunvice double exp.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #256
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

So squeek do you still have that 600,000 in cash laying around for me so I can go make the guild?

How the hell do you send money anyway? Mail (the in game mail)?

Castor 2 is hard as balls, btw. ****ty leveling right now for me, I might just go back to nunvice =/

The exp there is pretty good but it's a pot sucker. The enemies deal brutal damage. Oh how I wish I was a segnale.

But uh

Quote:
It isn't until level 59 that I get my true AOE. Also known as the best AOE in the game. Let's see... thousands of damage per second in a huge radius... at level one.

Low-quality video, but you get the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm1KZXv0s8w

At 65, Blood hit hits 8 times at about 2,500 damage a hit. Yeah, we're talking 20,000 damage. Minimum.
Uh, Curse field isn't even close to the strongest aoe *in the game*. >_> At least in terms of pure damage there are far better AOEs.

It's strong, though.

Last edited by Reach; 09-14-2007 at 07:15 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #257
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Everyone else claims Curse Field is the strongest. Maybe because it hits such a massive range?

That video is level 1 Curse Field. It more than quadruples in damage.

Anyway, like I said before, I don't exactly have that much money to just give away. I have 550,000 dil, but lots of things that could sell for enough to make the guild. I can give you those and a bit of my dil, but I can't give it all away on the off-chance I see something nice in the shops.

I'm signing on right now. Hope you're online.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #258
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

right now I'm standing on requies beach in blood drinker. very relaxing
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #259
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Everyone else claims Curse Field is the strongest. Maybe because it hits such a massive range?

That video is level 1 Curse Field. It more than quadruples in damage.

Anyway, like I said before, I don't exactly have that much money to just give away. I have 550,000 dil, but lots of things that could sell for enough to make the guild. I can give you those and a bit of my dil, but I can't give it all away on the off-chance I see something nice in the shops.

I'm signing on right now. Hope you're online.
If I have to be in game to make the transition ok, but if not just send it through the mail. I think you can. I'll log on now anyway.

Also, it's because of the range yes. Bagis...hunters, knights all have AOE's that do far more damage. Range is less disgustingly large though >_>

Edit: WHAT IS THE COMMAND TO SEND IM IN GAME?

Jesus christ I can't remember lmao

edit: ok it's "name

squeek where are you? I need 400,000 dil XD

Last edited by Reach; 09-14-2007 at 09:07 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #260
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Use the help menu? >_>

"Name Message. For example, "Squeek Hello.

I'm switching between servers checking for things at Loa. I'm onto server #2 now.