Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #2081
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

You could do that if you really wanted to, but it would be really awkward, and also the point of having nunchuk and remote separate is the nunchuk controls Samus' left hand (grapple) and the remote controls Samus' right hand (beam).
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #2082
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Yea I can't wait for UC. Not to sure whether I will be getting the Zapper though. Depends how much money I have at the time.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #2083
sammo123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sammo123

Bought Super Mario Galaxy yesterday i would say best game i have ever played
sammo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #2084
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
Bought Super Mario Galaxy yesterday i would say best game i have ever played
acording to gamerankings is the 2nd best ever reviewed (ocarina of time being in first place wich i think it does't deserve that spot)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #2085
sammo123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sammo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
acording to gamerankings is the 2nd best ever reviewed (ocarina of time being in first place wich i think it does't deserve that spot)
Wrong.

Super Mario Galaxy - 97.9%
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 97.6%
sammo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #2086
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
Wrong.

Super Mario Galaxy - 97.9%
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 97.6%
it changed again????? OH WELL I GUESS I CAN CELEBRATE NOW XD OoT is finally the prince of games instead of the king
Old 11-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #2087
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I can understand why people can rate Ocarina of Time so high despite my dislike of it, but I don't understand how people can like this game so much. The level design isn't terrible and the missions are actually structured in a way that I actually like, but I would still rather play Super Mario 64 over this due to the superior control system. And no matter what you say, this game would be better off using the button punch system than this shake thing. I don't care if I'm the only one who doesn't like the shaking, it is still not as good of a battle mechanic as multiple different attacks assigned to an attack button.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #2088
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I can understand why people can rate Ocarina of Time so high despite my dislike of it, but I don't understand how people can like this game so much. The level design isn't terrible and the missions are actually structured in a way that I actually like, but I would still rather play Super Mario 64 over this due to the superior control system. And no matter what you say, this game would be better off using the button punch system than this shake thing. I don't care if I'm the only one who doesn't like the shaking, it is still not as good of a battle mechanic as multiple different attacks assigned to an attack button.
well you are the only person i know who is complaining about this game or control scheme....but again is because you have a short temper (stay away from fire emblem radiant dawn)

anyway i'm very happy that this game is now the best ever. and i hope it wins as game of the year, this proves the real power of the wii
Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #2089
cC@Zz
FFR Player

While I think that it was a good game it could have been much better. I don't know if its that I'm just finding most games to be dry in nature lately, but this Mario just didn't seem right. I didn't like the wii control scheme and I just don't think it fit well with a Mario game. The minigames are not very fun and It also was a bit too easy. And as usual the storyline was god aweful, but thats not why people play Mario games.

Quote:
Who gives a crap about game reviews? I could care less if its the highest rated game it still doesn't make it the best mario game or the best game ever for that matter. I'll stick with my own judgment and not some reviewers who are obssesed with all the classics like Mario and Zelda that they feel like every single game of theres is a masterpiece.

I'm to the point now where I find very few games original or entertaining enough for them deserving to be called a masterpiece.

Last edited by cC@Zz; 11-22-2007 at 10:15 PM..
cC@Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #2090
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
While I think that it was a good game it could have been much better. I don't know if its that I'm just finding most games to be dry in nature lately, but this Mario just didn't seem right. I didn't like the wii control scheme and I just don't think it fit well with a Mario game. The minigames are not very fun and It also was a bit too easy. And as usual the storyline was god aweful, but thats not why people play Mario games.

Who gives a crap about game reviews? I could care less if its the highest rated game it still doesn't make it the best mario game or the best game ever for that matter. I'll stick with my own judgment and not some reviewers who are obssesed with all the classics like Mario and Zelda that they feel like every single game of theres is a masterpiece.

I'm to the point now where I find very few games original or entertaining enough for them deserving to be called a masterpiece.
have you tryed to play the secret missions (the hard ones??) and it's ok is your opinion

well i care about reviews because they say what is good or bad of a videogame and then i won't be wasting money in a game that i won't like....but this one has very few bad things so i guess reviews are useless now XD
Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #2091
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Yea Afrobean moans. It's what he does. Although he does bring stuff to a debate he will always go on and on if you choose to keep debating with him.

Last edited by SethSquall; 11-23-2007 at 11:39 AM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #2092
jakobsk8
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to jakobsk8
Thumbs down Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
according to gamerankings is the 2nd best ever reviewed (ocarina of time being in first place witch i think it does'nt deserve that spot)
Bitch. OOC was the best game ever!
jakobsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #2093
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobsk8 View Post
Bitch. OOC was the best game ever!
yeah i know but don't you think that there should be another game already that could beat OoT??? i mean is over 10 years old (i think) another game should take its place.

the funny thing is that the 3 nintendo franchises are the top 3 ever reviewed game ever (zelda, mario, metroid)
Old 11-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #2094
cC@Zz
FFR Player

OoT seemed to me to be pretty much the same as the first Zelda game. Nothing about it really blew my mind. I still consider Majoras Mask the best Zelda game. It was very different from most Zelda games and the whole tone of the game just got me hooked.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #2095
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cC@Zz View Post
OoT seemed to me to be pretty much the same as the first Zelda game. Nothing about it really blew my mind. I still consider Majoras Mask the best Zelda game. It was very different from most Zelda games and the whole tone of the game just got me hooked.
Different != better.

OoT took the Zelda game style and perfected it; I don't think there was anything I thought could be improved as I was playing it. Majora's Mask was different, yes, but that does not mean it's better. It was a pretty good game in its own right, but not nearly as entertaining (I thought) as OoT.

This is the same reason I get angry at people who say things like "Halo 2 didn't introduce anything new from the original Halo, which is why Halo is a better game." Just using Halo as an example, of course; you hear that a lot for various games. It doesn't matter what new features a game introduced, if a newer game takes those same features and pulls them off better, then it's a better game even if it didn't introduce anything new.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #2096
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
Different != better.

OoT took the Zelda game style and perfected it; I don't think there was anything I thought could be improved as I was playing it. Majora's Mask was different, yes, but that does not mean it's better. It was a pretty good game in its own right, but not nearly as entertaining (I thought) as OoT.

This is the same reason I get angry at people who say things like "Halo 2 didn't introduce anything new from the original Halo, which is why Halo is a better game." Just using Halo as an example, of course; you hear that a lot for various games. It doesn't matter what new features a game introduced, if a newer game takes those same features and pulls them off better, then it's a better game even if it didn't introduce anything new.
It can easily be argued that OoT did not "perfect" the Legend of Zelda style, but rather threw it out the window in favor of 3-D. Now, most people prefer 3-D gameplay in a game such as those in the Zelda series, but there are still purists: those who prefer the traditional 2-D fixed overhead perspective. Hell, there was even plans for a fan-made traditional style OoT to be made, but I don't think it ever was completed.

So yeah, OoT only truly introduced the 3rd person 3-D environment to the Zelda universe. Not necessarily "better", but I do admit most would prefer it, especially in an age driven by graphics.

And honestly, I personally am a little upset that they never did much as far as fixed overhead with 3-D renders. That would have been fantastic, and I thought this recent DS game might have done it, but the drawing control scheme is just too ridiculous for me to even consider. Also, I don't even have a freaking DS, and I'm not going to risk it for a game who's control system seems cumbersome at best.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #2097
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

The controls and gameplay in Phantom Hourglass are pretty smooth, actually. Can't say much for the game design, though. It's an ok game, but it could have been way better. The graphics look pretty blegh, too.

By the way, if I have one complaint about Mario Galaxy, it's the goddamn ray surfing. God, I hate the controls during those sections. Underwater control is a little iffy, too, but it's SO much easier when you're shell-surfing.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #2098
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
Well I enjoyed the gameplay in MM mask more. But thats just me. I was not entertained as much by OoT. Yes the gameplay was great in OoT, but I didn't find much else besides that I enjoyed. Like I said before it felt to me way to similar to the first Zelda game.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #2099
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
It can easily be argued that OoT did not "perfect" the Legend of Zelda style, but rather threw it out the window in favor of 3-D. Now, most people prefer 3-D gameplay in a game such as those in the Zelda series, but there are still purists: those who prefer the traditional 2-D fixed overhead perspective. Hell, there was even plans for a fan-made traditional style OoT to be made, but I don't think it ever was completed.

So yeah, OoT only truly introduced the 3rd person 3-D environment to the Zelda universe. Not necessarily "better", but I do admit most would prefer it, especially in an age driven by graphics.

And honestly, I personally am a little upset that they never did much as far as fixed overhead with 3-D renders. That would have been fantastic, and I thought this recent DS game might have done it, but the drawing control scheme is just too ridiculous for me to even consider. Also, I don't even have a freaking DS, and I'm not going to risk it for a game who's control system seems cumbersome at best.
Well, by "style" I meant the whole premise and stuff like that. Platformer, kill stuff with swords, get money by picking it up off the ground, use it to buy crap, find chests with upgrades, you get the idea.

As for the fixed overhead with 3D, wasn't that in one section of MM? Where you had to control Link and the other kid to get some mask? But yeah, that's the only thing I can remember where they used that...
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #2100
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

The Zelda series is getting stale IMO. Twilight Princess was good, but it was just OoT Redux. Phantom Hourglass is cool because of the control scheme, but little else is exciting about it.

One thing that does bug me is it's the fans' fault. Zelda II broke the mold and people hated it (a lot of people liked it, too, but still). Majora's Mask broke the mold and people hated it. People loved the original, LTTP and OoT, so they just copy/paste them into every game after. And they get away with it, which is the sad part.

I think Nintendo needs to put Zelda on hiatus and come up with some new IPs. Or at least use some of their pre-exisiting IPs to some greater extent.

Take Donkey Kong...he's turned into a joke. **** the bongos, **** the barrel racing, and **** that Jungle Climber ****. Bring back the old DKC style game but don't make it suck like DK64.

And Kirby. God, the last few Kirby games have been fun, but they're too easy and too short. I beat Kirby 64 the day I got it, Amazing Mirror in 2 days, and Squeak Squad in FIVE HOURS. I'm still holding out hope they'll make a truly epic Kirby game that I've been dreaming about since Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out for the SNES. A true sequel to Kirby Super Star that takes over 20 hours to finish would be awesome IMO.