Old 12-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #601
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXIV - Sounds Like You've got a Problem. - Game Thread

No, I am not meaning to vote for roundbox.

inDheart

Blind, I made a post about Wine. Could you please read it, and tell me what you think? I do not think he is a mafia.

I have been having trouble making anything of the votes in this game. Partly it is that I missed Day 0 and I am having trouble understanding Charu's posts, I think. But also because everybody was going in so many different directions, I do not really think what the mafia would have done, can stand out that much, when a lot of people were not really making their voice heard or cooperating. I will look more, but I am only really sussing raeko, from how she did not vote.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:52 AM   #602
the sun fan
FFR Player

Firstly, I can say with certainty that I wasn't looking at inD's reaction to whatever was going on between funnygurl and t-force. I don't really remember what I was doing at the time, but it wasn't looking at what inD was doing.

"I feel like a bad person" (when paired with "Let me just analyze this content here") is a bill wurtz reference. Some of those videos are commonly referenced on FFRTWG; they're pretty good and I recommend them.

I don't think that inD posting a wikictionary entry or however you spell it matters too much. I don't think it relates to how much he did or didn't want to talk about the subject, I think he was just answering WV's question.

Idk if I'd say I was over the top, I think at the time I was very tired (when I posted about my hat) and honestly I just really like words and that's really all that was.

inD being aware that he was in first in the votes (or him thinking he was I don't know if he actually was) probably does speak more to him being mafia than town, but only thinly. The part about evaluating his worth based on that though is a point that, as I have said before, is very unlikely to be made up on your end and I read you very town for it. I think the specific wording that he went with kinda pings me as well but I don't think I can elaborate beyond that so I'll just let it be.

Talking about pressuring but not actually doing it is interesting, I don't remember him talking about that but if that happened I'd count that as a mark against him as well.

Yeah, I can't really get angry at Lar. He's like an Asian dad, A's aren't good enough for him and they never will be; he'll only be content and not fully happy if I lynch all the wolves with perfect reasoning or sweep the town while me or my teammates never are suspected. So I'm not likely to get angry at his expectations anymore, but there was definitely a time when he could very easily trigger me. You are correct that I was not trying to figure out if his expectations were a result of his alignment because I strongly believe that they are not; I think he just is that way as a person and I think he would agree.

I think you got some post # off because I don't lean inD town in #251 (I think you mean #256 both times you give #251). I mentioned this earlier, but a few of the short posts that inD was making felt like he was thinking about the game, particularly one about funnygurl and I know I said there was another that I don't remember. I don't think that I ever said that what inD was saying would be hard for him to say as mafia, but I was definitely thinking that it would be easier for him as town. I don't think he's out of either of his ranges, and I think it would be very unlikely for him to leave a range of his in this particular game.

I don't look for the same things in games... most of the time. Particularly for inD and blind, I just talk about what I see and think about what I saw. Its unusual for me to have a rule or rules that I apply to reading specific players, it def happens though. For inD, my approach so far has been to let him make his own posts and see what I think about them rather than try to get him to post something that I can like or dislike him on. I think he's decent at making things up as mafia, and I don't think its likely that I will catch him on that.

In the game where I jailed him, I think I only gave townreads on him on d0, but changed my mind during the night. I'd say that's a good way for me to read him; just think about him slowly. I'd say that, like most, I am particularly bad at d0 so for him et al I try to let him make his posts and evaluate him later.

Most of the time you will see me throw out all of my d0 reads once d1 starts, or most of them. In this game I've changed raeko, inD, wabby and I think one other since d0 (I'm not counting your slot), and honestly that's less than the average number for me I think.

My approach for blind kind of lacks an approach this game. I def did think that he was being too stubborn with his wabby vote, and honestly the reasoning he gave for voting wabby differs from his reasoning for keeping his vote there so I don't really like that from him. Most of the time I try to read him on his emotion but that hasn't really been present.

In the last turbo, I let him be for a bit because he said he wasn't into the game, but I was def scumreading him and I think I voted him near the end of d0.

The part about inD bouncing my read... its interesting. I don't really think he's the type of mafia to try and discredit a town's read like that because... what does it do? What does him discrediting my very thin read on WV that I said had very little confidence do for the wolf team? Not really very much imo. I think regardless of his alignment, he was just trying to support one of my points and leave it at that.

Yeah, my read on wabby was probably bad. I just didn't have any better places to look on d0. If I could do it again I probably would but whatever.

I think this is everything.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #603
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I'm sad because I expected more posts
Old 12-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #604
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
um

1. calling the case a stretch and not providing evidence as to why you don't think so doesn't get us anywhere
Literally go one to explain why. I guess I could have broken it all town but 1) night was plighted with...personal issues and two it would be a series of "I think you're taking this post too seriously"

Quote:
2. I would disagree star's having a culture shock here. star has played games on FFR before, and just played hydra with inD on MU. definitely not a "new kid"
Disagree then.
Quote:
3. not sure how insulting sunfan's previous performances makes your point valid, it just comes off as rude, dude
I guess the word "even" makes that a little more insulting then intended; was writing from a place where SunFan is town at the time

But that vote is disgustingly lazy. Period. SunFan comes back with some big posts but like hours and hours after he can put thought into them. You can't expect me to like that.

Quote:
4. and once again, given that star isn't a new kid and you didn't demonstrate how their read is a stretch, how am I supposed to believe this interpretation?
And once again, I did address my feelings on why they where a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
I've played a full game, and a turbo with her, and in both instances, she played like this. Long posts. detailed, constructive. I don't believe she plays exactly the same way as a wolf. Sure, it's a meta call. but, whatever.
This is unconvincing tbh. I agree with Roundbox that meta calls ain't that good of call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post

-Sunfan has been giving me some weird vibes this phase. MML does make the point that first he goes after mellon only to immediately turn around and drop everything to vote along with star-cross after star-cross's long post. I've yet to read star-cross's long post, so for all I know, perhaps it is VERY convincing so I'll have to go back and make that judgement later. In addition to this though, on D0, he essentially gave me what felt like a free pass since it's been awhile since I've played. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't pocketing me then. However, this round, he mentions that he thinks that wolves are among the non-voters (which I am), then proceeds later to say that he reads me as town, as if he's conveniently not connecting whatever dots he has. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but the whole thing feels weird and pockety.
Thank

You

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I do not really think of my long post as a "case." It is more me trying to explain, why I have been having a weird feeling about inD and sun fan. I do think you are right, that some of the stuff I found strange from inD was because I was confused, so I will later need to organize what he cleared up and what he did not, or if I notice anything else from him. I wanted to sleep before I did that, so that I would be less biased. I do feel that labeling it a stretch case, makes it sound like I am trying to make him look bad on purpose or something,
Which is my intention

Quote:
and I am surprised you would feel that way because I tried really hard to outline my thoughts specifically. Did you like inD's early tone, or do you just not agree that it is inconsistent?
Early tone seems right for d0 InD. He might shit posted a little too long but there's nothing there that makes me feel like he is wolf.

Quote:
OK, but with the context being that she specifically said she wanted to make a "reasonable vote," does that change anything? That is the main reason I am finding it weird that she did not vote. But you make a good point that maybe I should let her respond first.
It didn't come across as weird. I mean, we all struggled to find a good lynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Talking about pressuring but not actually doing it is interesting, I don't remember him talking about that but if that happened I'd count that as a mark against him as well.
[Spirit of Charu] Brah [/Charu]

Quote:
Yeah, I can't really get angry at Lar. He's like an Asian dad, A's aren't good enough for him and they never will be; he'll only be content and not fully happy if I lynch all the wolves with perfect reasoning or sweep the town while me or my teammates never are suspected. So I'm not likely to get angry at his expectations anymore, but there was definitely a time when he could very easily trigger me. You are correct that I was not trying to figure out if his expectations were a result of his alignment because I strongly believe that they are not; I think he just is that way as a person and I think he would agree.
Every Asian dad loves their son and believes in them, they just can't show it by law

(but for real I swear I'm not a shit head IRL)

I have to give someone a ride to court now

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 12-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #605
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Ok,

Blind is probably the best bet here. His posting style of clearing Star reminds me of how he has cleared/caught me and that looks good but the rest of everything looks too bad.

SunFan I love you but I have a bad feeling about you and I wouldn't mind seeing you get in the hot seat. I think I want Blind died before you ever though.

I do not buy into Star Cross and would also lynch her (?)

Raeko never plays and if you guys policy lynch her I wouldn't cry

Old 12-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #606
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

That's it, I have to go and go to work right afters. I may not make it for EoD or if I do I may just be be here for last hour

Don't fucking lynch me for it again

Old 12-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #607
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Literally go one to explain why. I guess I could have broken it all town but 1) night was plighted with...personal issues and two it would be a series of "I think you're taking this post too seriously"
You really only said in your post that it was due to culture shock. You can still tell us how this is a stretch, you've got time. Which posts re taken too seriously?
Old 12-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #608
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Also the ffr site on my phone is eating garbage because of this stupid animated Christmas banner overloading my phone for some reason???
Old 12-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #609
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Every Asian dad loves their son and believes in them, they just can't show it by law

(but for real I swear I'm not a shit head IRL)
We'll hang sometime, and I would bet you're not a shithead

Old 12-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #610
the sun fan
FFR Player

can you tell me about not buying into Star if you get a chance, Lar?

if you don't I get it you said you were gone

Old 12-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #611
the sun fan
FFR Player

apologizing to me about scumreading me PINGS ME because its something wolves do wayyyyyyy more often than townies

I don't think Lar has done it before? It might just be how he uses the word sorry often, but it def bothers me

Old 12-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #612
the sun fan
FFR Player

I was gonna respond to ben's longer post but I think once he gets fully caught up he'll understand the stuff I've said/done a bit more cuz there's def some gaps there that he hasn't hit yet like the fact that I took him out of my town circle

Old 12-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #613
the sun fan
FFR Player

roundbox, if you're here, gonna ask you a question I hate when people ask me

why should I be reading you town?

Old 12-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #614
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

hi guys sorry for being MIA

I'll have many hours to dedicate to this afternoon and tonight

This post is being made to hold myself accountable. I'll be back in a few hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #615
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
here's the first actual read I'm making, the above posts were nothing more than commentary:

star and ind are never wolf partners here
this would be the most beautiful wolf theater ever presented from BOTH of them

as for the nature of their relationship (towns or a wolf between them), that is to be determined
I will give high credence to both of their cases on each other considering they just played a hydra game with each other. I need to read through ind's posts to see if he imparts any reads on star, as I was really only seeing responses in part of them so I just kinda kept scrolling sorry
nah i didn't give a read on her, you didn't miss it

i don't really know if i have one so i'm continuing to talk these things out with her, and i'm just ignoring that manti existed tbh
Old 12-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #616
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Hey, I'll be back in the swing of things this evening. I've been kinda reading but will reread before I make any meaty posts
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #617
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i can say that in the hydra game star would "post" some things to me instead of to the thread because she thought the thread might not want to read them, or skim over them, etc

so she cares that people are actually reading her posts as town, so her posting about her own posts is consistent with prev games
Old 12-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #618
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
You really only said in your post that it was due to culture shock. You can still tell us how this is a stretch, you've got time. Which posts re taken too seriously?
I mean I really don't have time but homeboy finished up early so I'll try to answer this

Code:
because the vibe I get from his messages goes back and forth from kind of lazy (only saying "second" in post #5, "okay I'm amused" in #20, "this is known", to very hyped and silly (joking that he does not believe Charu in #7, and using exclamation points in #14, and also him just making lots of posts). The apparent emotion there, seems kind of inconsistent, which makes me concerned that he was not being genuine.
This is making too big of a deal of InD d0 shitposting. So let's start with every post cited

Star also questions the meme, which is why I was concern she just didn't understand half of what was going on and mentioned Culture Shock. It is possible that she just doesn't get tone/references.

Code:
In #104 (pg. 6), inDheart makes his first lean of sorts, that sun fan and WV were awkward. Two things stood out to me about that. One is that when Pusheen was wanting to know what awk meant, inDheart posts a dictionary thing, which seems strangely aloof, and like he did not really want to talk more about it. (I am trying to decide if that is good or bad weird - it could be a town that can't really put words to it yet, or a mafia that is worried he will sound bad if he explains it). The other is that inDheart made a similar first theory when he was a mafia in the turbo I played with him, where he pointed out that two people seemed to be unaligned to him, but he did not explain why.
Making to big of a deal with a hot take here, posting joke definitions in itself is a bit of a meme on here.

Code:
In #150 (pg. 8), inDheart said "pretty sure i'm winning the lynch right now though so i don't know with what authority i make this post," which seems like he is kind of defining his self-worth by how much people want to hang him, which seems like something mafia care more about than town.
This....really depends on the poster in question and I even if we think InDTown wouldn't say it I don't think this would be enough to slant him that way. Frankly it was a self-jab at the end of a post where he acknowledges that what he is saying will likely not be believed. I don't think this is really that out of character for him.

Quote:
can you tell me about not buying into Star if you get a chance, Lar?

if you don't I get it you said you were gone
More reasons above; long and short I just don't get where they are coming from. I go back and forth if I think they are just wrong or trying to mislynch though.

I think with Manti's slot + the way Blind treated her on her entry if he flips wolf she should be looked at next.

Quote:
apologizing to me about scumreading me PINGS ME because its something wolves do wayyyyyyy more often than townies

I don't think Lar has done it before? It might just be how he uses the word sorry often, but it def bothers me
Gee this sounds familiar, you trying to talk yourself into lynching me while it looks like I'm away?

If I did say "Sorry" (not that I can recall off the top of my head) it was more in the sense of "Sorry I'm triggering the shit out of you but yeah X is X not taking it back"

Or I was being sarcastic again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
hi guys sorry for being MIA

I'll have many hours to dedicate to this afternoon and tonight

This post is being made to hold myself accountable. I'll be back in a few hours
I believe in Santa more.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #619
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
inD was already trending down before that
can you talk to me about this one because i just remember you posting how your read was changing
Old 12-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #620
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

LET ME BE FUCKING CLEAR HERE

If someone who has not be scum leaning me waits until I say I probably won't be back and then starts in with reasons why I'm weird / Might be a wolf / Good lynch candidate when they haven't even hinted at leaning me that way and you guys don't fucking lynch them for that shit then you are fucking up.

How many times you gonna let me get mislynched for working 6 days a week, FFR?

Closed Thread