Old 05-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default TWG 16: Host Signups

Anyone who wants to host TWG 16, send me a PM containing a description of what you plan to do and the theme you plan to use. You guys should know the deal by now.

Host voting will open on Tuesday and will close 24 to 36 hours later, depending on when they are opened.

---

Tps222

My idea has 4 wolves, a seer, guardian, 3 masons and a pyschic. There are 16 people in the game. The human team may seem a little stacked at first, but, with this special unique twist that will happen, a lot will change. This game will be a great challenge for advanced players. It won't be anything too drastic though, like Chardish's tribal game, it will run like a normal game. I already have the story written, and while it's not some Mal like story, it should get the job done. It will be based on a space journey.

I can not reveal the twist, or it would greatly take away from it's impact. Trust me on this, it will be a fair game, maybe not fair the whole time, but it will even out, as Chardish has already hosted many games, and is going to run INF 2, just give me a chance with this, I have been working it out since TWG 8 . It will be a great game for those who want a FAIR challenging game, with new play style comng in.

---

chardish

I'm only putting this in because I think TPS' host idea sounds terrible and stacked. I don't think it's fair that he refuses to tell us what his "special unique twist" is before we commit to his six-blue game. You achieve balance by lowering the number of specials, not increasing them. Anyway, that being said, I plan to run a standard TWG. 16 players, 3 wolves, 1 guardian, 1 seer. Don't expect to see a story that's brilliant and epic - it will probably be whatever I pull out of my literary ass. That being said, you might end up enjoying it - I'll try at least somewhat to make it humorous even though I'm not the master of humor like Kilgamayan is. Yeah, I would host Inf 2, but I have other stuff to deal with at the moment. And not having six blues sounds like a wonderful way for me to rack up another purple pip without any tribal drama or having to work too hard at keeping PMs straight. Anyway, vote for me, or don't, cause I'll end up winning anyway, and you all hate the other guy's idea.

(Author's note: I'm not sure I consider myself the "master of humor", but okay.)

(Host's note: that was a tongue-in-cheek comment.)

---

GuidoHunter

I'll host a Manhunt.

Manhunt II: 14 players, one wolf, no blues. Wolf gets two kills per night and humans lynch one per day. This game is extremely fun and I feel we need another one. The story is to be determined, but I guarantee there will be some fantastic death messages.

---

JurseyRider734

Okay, so basically, it's Lord of the Rings TWG style. 18 players. There will be the main characters. Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin are masons. Aragorn is the guardian, Gandalf the seer. Four wolves including a Master Wolf. Sauron is the Master, The Witch King of Agmar, Gollum, and Saruman are the four wolves. The story will be Lord of the Rings theme, but what will happen is normal. It should be fun, I promise to make good stories. Please consider it, even if you aren't a Lord of the Rings fan. I tried to make it not stacked against the wolves.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: TWG 16: Host Signups

OK... its Tuesday. Early Tuesday, but Tuesday nonetheless. So, the thread is open for host voting.

Here is my feeling:

I refuse to vote for TPS until he is willing to have a game where there is NOT an unknown.

I am unwilling to play a 2nd manhunt. As manhunt was my creation, I would prefer not having someone else host it. But, regardless of that, manhunt is extremely biased towards the weak players, as a result of no guardian. If I were to do another manhunt, I would find a way to make the wolf hesitate when offing all the strong players. I mean... I was originally going to base the game around Predator, and its Arnold (the strongest guy) who kills the predator after everyone else is dead, not Jesse Ventura or any of the scrubs. It just isn't realistic, in terms of plot, for the strongest players to be killed so easily and with no fear. If everyone wants a 2nd manhunt, I will come up with a way to balance it better

I can't vote for Jurs, despite the good idea... her game is just WAY too stacked against the wolves. Even with the MW and even without the psychic. 4 masons is a huge edge, as one of them is likely going to get seered, giving the seer a massive alliance.

That leaves Chardish's game... which wins solely by default.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Charzard
Old 05-17-2005, 08:02 AM   #4
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Why is everyone so against an uknown? It brings a suprise to the game. Tps222

Think of it this way, the people who don't win, will probably be playing in the game. So who would you rather play with. Decieving wolf name giving out me, or Chardish, Jurs and Guido?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: TWG 16: Host Signups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
Why is everyone so against an unknown?
Because of the fact we have no idea what you're planning, we feel it might be retarded
Old 05-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #6
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG 16: Host Signups

I'd love to see another Manhunt myself, so I'm voting for Guido. Sorry chardish. >_>

Quote:
Why is everyone so against an uknown?
Because you might be a wolf.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

If I were going to sign up for this game, I would put some trust in TPS and give him a shot. He's played many games and I feel he has a good idea of how the game works and how to keep it fair. He told me his idea and, personally, I think it's really neat. I think you should all give it a shot. He can't tell you what the idea is because then, like he said, it won't have the same impact as he wanted it to. For the game to be properly balanced and interesting, you have to go in blind.

Give it a shot, okay guys? You've gotten too used to the same 3 or 4 people hosting, that the game is going to start getting boring if we don't bring in some new voices and ideas soon.

Despite not being in the next game, if I'm allowed to vote: TPS222.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

I doubt I'll make it into the next TWG myself, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents.

I don't think that TPS should be allowed to host at all. When he's played he's been more inactive than not, his idea is retarded, and he sold out his own wolf buddies. He's not someone I'd want hosting, especially if I do make the cutoff for the next game. Admittedly, chardish sold him out first, but chardish has the excuse of being ACTIVE and having many other TWGs under his belt.

With that said...I miss chardish.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 05-17-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

Chardish's idea seems nice. Pretty basic roles and probably makes for a good bit of fun.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #10
User6773

Chardish. Alain I don't see why you're voting if you're not even going to be in the next game. If you aren't playing, you don't really care as much about the game's quality.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #11
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Guido
Old 05-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #12
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Chardish... regardless of him playing, anyone who has played in a recent TWG is allowed to vote. At least, I'm pretty sure that is what we agreed to.

5 - Chardish
2 - TPS
2 - Guido
Old 05-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #13
User6773

I didn't say he didn't have the right to, I just think that not voting is kind of the honorable thing to do, rather than sticking everyone else with a game that seems volatile and unpredictable at best.

Old 05-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #14
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Whorli, I have been in 9 out of 15 games, Chardish has played in 4 and hosted 4, I think that is about even. I know my ideas have been bad in the past, but please, just give me a 2nd chance to redeem myself.

I always have been moderately active. In the last game, I did check the thread every hour, but purposely did not post, to keep suspicion off, which worked for a while. TWG 13 I brought back the chat and almost got Hans lynched, almost....

I PROMISE, MY IDEA IS NOT RETARDED, GIVE A SHOT, YOU WILL HAVE FUN, OR ELSE.
With 10 out of 16 roles either being blue or red, you have a great shot of being involved in the game, on the so called "inside loop". I know being human in past games sucked, it was boring, you were left outside the information loop, and were basically pawns of the wolves and blues, in this, you will actually be an important part of the game. I know the odds are stacked against the wolves, but they have to be. Believe me, this is going to be a hard game for the humans, well, if you live past the first couple of days anyways , hint hint

I have decided to give the wolves 2 night one kills, so beware. Remember, with an increase in blues comes an increase in the chance of killing one.

So please, vote for me, the begger.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #15
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

If you have 2 night one kills, you need to have an odd number of players to start with. So, would that make the starting number 17, instead of 16?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #16
Tps222
FFR Player

I thought that I had put that in there, well, if we have enough people then yes, if I get elected, and there isn't enough come voting time, I'll drop it to one kill.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #17
User6773

I cannot even begin to elaborate on the surfeit of ill-founded ideas that your game plan entails, TPS...I do not think you understand the concept of balance.

You balance a game by reducing the number of variables on each side, not by increasing them.

It's like algebra. 4x + 8 = 2y is a lot easier to solve for all x and y than 4x + 3y + 8z = 8x + y + 9z (I don't even know if that equation HAS any real solutions, but you get the idea.)

Before I started TWG 1, I went to the library and sat down for about an hour with pen and paper trying to figure out the correct balance of wolves and humans. I did the same thing before TWG II.

And here you're telling us that psychic + seer + guardian + masons = 3 wolves + 1 master + SECRET TWIST OMG? You ask us to "trust you" that the game will be fair, but I see no reason to take you on your word considering:
1) you have never hosted a TWG before
2) your liberal application of special roles strongly suggests that you have little idea of the concept of balance
3) you will not even tell us the nature of the "secret twist"
4) you essentially are asking us to put all of our confidence in this "secret twist" despite the fact that on the surface the game seems impossibly stacked.

Infiltration succeeded because I developed the game publicly. There were no hidden secrets in Infiltration - even the secret rooms I revealed the nature of before hand. People knew what they were getting into.

People knew what they were getting into in the tribal game too - it seemed more attractive on the surface than it actually turned out to be.

But you're asking us to participate in a game the very nature of which you will not reveal to us. Whatever your "secret twist" is, it would have to be brutally powerful to offset 3 blues and 3 masons, thus changing the nature of the game enough that it might even warrant a separate term (like Manhunt) to describe it. But you won't tell us what it is.

I refuse to accept this.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #18
Tps222
FFR Player

It is brutally powerfull. I guess you don't understand the consept of, "Cant reveal it or it will kill the purpose". I understand balance, 3 masons equals about one seer, this will greatly hurt the wolves blah blah blah...Why do you have to be so stubborn in your ways. Try something new, get into something unknown, stop always going on what is known. Try to see who has the best ability to improvise. Who can react and adapt to changes in a game. This way, no one can get one plan going. This game will be fair, this game will be fair, this game will be fair. I don't know how many times I have to say this. How can you say it won't be fair if you don't know the twist.

Give this a shot.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #19
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 16: Host Signups

Quote:
I don't know how many times I have to say this. How can you say it won't be fair if you don't know the twist.
Says who?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #20
Tps222
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 16: Host Signups

Alain and I so far. I can't tell anyone else, it would ruin it. You have to understand this. You are all not voting me because you think that my plan will not solve the balance issue, though I purposely created an inbalance in roles to fit the plan, not the other way around. I know my plans have backfired in the past, but some have worked as well. Lynching 87X in TWG V to win, wanting to lynch Hans when he was the last wolf, based of the whole Blah Hans thing. Keeping innactive last game. Trust me, if it backfires, I will NEVER run for host again.
Closed Thread