zenith
Old 09-6-2019, 07:38 PM   #562
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 189: Funnygurl VS T-Force Rivalry GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i mean i could stop playing right now but i'd prefer to just believe it's the text "someone at random from the voters"
I'm not inclined to dig too deeply into this but "random" could be "random to us" or "random of a subset of voters"

activation requires a 2/3 majority and the initial setup has ~50% vanilla towns, so by the pigeonhole principle there is guaranteed to be a VT there if the mechanic fires off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 09-6-2019, 07:39 PM   #563
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

if it is some fuckery like "VTs only" then it's not even worth worrying about because there's not really anything we can do about it

moving on

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2019, 07:39 PM   #564
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Um I dont want to quote everything and yes its lazy but, the stuff I said that I think is most important is.

Why I didnt vote XEL.

Why I voted shadow.

Also why I voted Poptart.

So to explain. I wanted to vote shadow because they were the only person besides myself to put up some kind of read. because of that they or myself would be the most info for a lynch.

Xel said meme stuff that could be serious could not but, whatever he said he was going to play with salt before the game started anyway. He did nothing to help and I just wanted him to do something the next day.

Poptart played this game the same way he did when he was a wolf. Same way he played The game he subbed in. so between Poptart and Xel im going to vote Poptart everytime because Xel has a chance to do something Poptart doesnt.

ALso IM not going to Kitb thats dumb.
Old 09-6-2019, 07:45 PM   #565
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
This turn of event is actually helpful to me.

Chihiro is a strown town lean. Is only a replacement yet dug into the game like no one had so far. Could still be a great wolf, but I don't feel like he tried to protect anyone without legit reasons, and kind of looked into everyone equally, at least with the few posts so far.

Shadowgod is lock town for me, at least for the time being. I don't know how many games he's played before, but seeing him roll wolf almost everytime, he gives himself away fucking instantly, this time he's not anywhere near doing this, so he gets a pass for sure.

Indheart is a scumlean, his vote on me doesn't look bad, no vote on me could possibly look bad imo, but his defense when people brought it up sucked big time.

DBP town lean. He plays like in the Anime North game, and indheart I have as a scum lean anyway, which reinforces him imo. Xelnya push isn't bad, but he looks like himself and I think he knows that, so that's a slight jab against him

123kappa made some great points here and there but they're open to interpretation most of the time. Will keep an eye on what he says. What's up with the back and forth with Xel?

Psychoangel is hard null. You're busy IRL though so... yeah, that.

Charu you're posting but aren't involving yourself enough... At least based on your post count, you don't have half the substance lesser posters have. This makes you look bad but you can come back duder.

Jessie is T-Force aka useless so far

Xelnya is Xelnya. You better not be a fucking blue.

Svaz looks mediocre because you're what's left out if I don't count Jessie and Kayla.

Busy day for me but that's a start!
well first off, charu is dead, so it's kind of hard for him to come back

second off, i called out my own vote and dbp and i had a chat about how i was actually reading you; are you remembering some other kind of acerbic call-out that was supposed to slay me?

why do you say "xelnya push isn't bad, but" about dbp if you're at a town lean on him and nothing on xel? and are you saying him showing self-awareness is a bad thing here?

if you had to actually boil your kappa thing down to a read what would it be, and do you have a short list of great points
Old 09-6-2019, 07:54 PM   #566
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihiro Fujisaki View Post

DaBackpack is the most likely active player to be a wolf. I think his overanalysis of Kappa complaining about saying the wrong thing D0 is the best example of my concerns with his play. There was a 6 minute time frame between Kappa submitting his response to Xel, and Xel posting. With that in mind, I find DBP's analysis to have been completely context deaf. There are similar problems with his focus on inD. I have attempted to question him and been wholly unsatisfied with his participation.

what does this mean?

my thing with Kappa wasn't overanalysis, it was quite literally a contradiction or fabrication. when you're scumhunting you're looking for contradictions between actions and words. kappa had projected a different mindset than I think he actually has. him saying something stupid, then brushing it aside as "haha I always say something stupid D0" is indisputably weird with n=2. as a potential wolf trait, it's self-deprecation as a means of diffusing some perceived tension. it's not damning by itself, I didn't vote the guy, but I don't see how my reasoning isn't at least comprehensible to you.

You mention "context deaf". what about that six minute interval changes this scenario? like yeah when I did my catch up I read the entire thread in one go so I probably missed those time-sensitive cues but I'm wondering what specifically about this six-minute window factors in to your read on Kappa.

RE: Indheart, I probably goofed there, sure. I wolfread him for having a lot of posts, most of which were poking other players, and I thought he was trying to make a lot of "noise" without giving actual reads or content. It wasn't until we talked that I came around to the idea that indheart was doing this most likely for the reason he gave at face-value: there really wasn't anybody else talking and he took that into his own hands.

but you have to ask yourself not "is this person making logical sense" or "is this person considering this context", but "does this person believe what they're saying?"

to which I ask, do you not think I'm actually try to reason things out in both of those cases?

In my opinion Xel comes off as self focused and, lazy so far. Jokingly poking at Kappa does not really make him wolfy, nor does not being very available at the end. But they do not make him town, and he has done very little otherwise. He claims to be sad sun fan died, while supposedly maintaining anger against being pushed yesterday. I will not pretend that I think questioning Xel will help me. It is his choice to step up to the plate or not.

nah after yesterday I'd rather stick him in a crucible and if he's a wolf he'll crumble, letting him go at his own pace means nothing's gonna happen
response to star

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2019, 07:58 PM   #567
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
fwiw it's an action which explicitly means anything in this context. All of your roles perform actions.
bad response

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2019, 08:01 PM   #568
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
is literally anyone here

what do you think of kappa saying things that sound bad
what do you think of the xel posts i taped to the wall/is my thought worth valuing at all
at what point do you estimate anything will happen and/or are you keen on accelerating the timeline
what do you think of my vote
what do you think of sunfan's xiz vote
what do you think of t-force voters disclaiming they don't know what they're really voting for
While this comes off a little silly in the way it was done, feels like inD is actually trying to engage here.

Quote:
cuil h&h

weak charu town or at least wouldnotlynch
Quote:
i like charu
i mildly like shadowgod
you just reminded me to post back to xel so that's nice, xel and i do the same dance every time we play together i swear
i don't know what sunfan's doing and i haven't sufficiently dragged him to say enough to have a read yet
while i'll be the nth person to not be a fan of h&h's vote, 1) if he's really a dead slot for the rest of the day then it's not a productive direction and 2) does a wolf even
you're at least unaligned with charu
i haven't really dredged through the inactives
Just grabbed these two to note the town leans on people we lost. The h&h vote makes sense to me at the time as a prod.

Quote:
@ sunfan

am i missing something on subaru because they seem to be very Here more than anything
This makes me think inD was weary on subaru wagon which we also know now is town.
Quote:
xelnya

did we actually stumble on an issue here
Ends up with vote on xel where a few people seem to have a dpb/xel feel for wolves right now.

I didn’t quote a whole lot because I didn’t feel there was too much to pick apart in it. Definitely a fair bit of fluff but also a lot of posts that come off to me as actively trying to engage. Nothing had particularly stood out to me hard in a scum way right now so town lean for inD on my end for the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-6-2019, 08:05 PM   #569
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

the whole "GOTCHA" deal, if you reread the posts about thatcher's blame, imagine dbp applying that to me instead of the other way round and i think you get what charu means

also it seems nice to run into so many healthy lookin posts on the way down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
OK so what are you saying here, dbp/ind are w/w but trying not to look that way, or that they're not w/w and that t/t or t/w is possible here? 123kappa3 seemed to think that it was def w/t or t/w here so I'm just trying to get clarification here (it seemed like a possible t/t to me)
ohey i found a not w/w. like this post thinking-wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
Okay so I am going to first explain some of my train of thought. Xel didnt do like anything yesterday and people went on him. I dont know why and its make it even weirder that suncopter was pushing xel. I still think pushing Xel yesterday was bad. Obv he was unhelpful and its why I had some issues but, I was never going to vote.
would you say it is the unhelpfulness that led you to not want to vote xel?

svaz apparently beat me to my other question here (about dbp/xel) so that's cool

what helps you break the tie between svaz and h&h when you're picking your third wolf in this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I think this was about kappa's list?
seems like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihiro Fujisaki View Post
I believe somebody asked me about what I meant in saying InD and DBP not W/W. Let's retract that wording and just say I independently like InD in that interaction for saying ass pull.
i think svaz was more confused about what exactly you were saying about the alignment mix there because you didn't make a full sentence
Old 09-6-2019, 08:07 PM   #570
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
Um I dont want to quote everything and yes its lazy but, the stuff I said that I think is most important is.

Why I didnt vote XEL.

Why I voted shadow.

Also why I voted Poptart.

So to explain. I wanted to vote shadow because they were the only person besides myself to put up some kind of read. because of that they or myself would be the most info for a lynch.

Xel said meme stuff that could be serious could not but, whatever he said he was going to play with salt before the game started anyway. He did nothing to help and I just wanted him to do something the next day.

Poptart played this game the same way he did when he was a wolf. Same way he played The game he subbed in. so between Poptart and Xel im going to vote Poptart everytime because Xel has a chance to do something Poptart doesnt.

ALso IM not going to Kitb thats dumb.
I mean you basically said you'd go with whatever people were thinking between xel and subaru so why exactly would a kitb be dumb from your pov when you couldn't seem make a decision on your own thoughts anyway? It was a really weird switch up to me going from "I'll go with whomever you guys thing between the two" to "I'm not voting xel" and being afraid of a kitb between them.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 09-6-2019, 08:09 PM   #571
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
This makes me think inD was weary on subaru wagon which we also know now is town.
the wagon hadn't really formed yet here, i think? i wasn't keeping good track of the votes, but i thought there were still few votes cast at all at this point, and then it felt like there were more subaru votes than anything else afterward

here i was thinking about actually adding myself to the wagon - when i say Here, i was reading his posts as just ones to be present than talking about the game, which does not scan as towny to me in a vacuum, so i realized i needed to join the meta discussion to figure it out

and then i wound up on xel instead because specific resistance to voting him seemed odd, and dbp flip-flopping also seemed odd
Old 09-6-2019, 08:13 PM   #572
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
the wagon hadn't really formed yet here, i think? i wasn't keeping good track of the votes, but i thought there were still few votes cast at all at this point, and then it felt like there were more subaru votes than anything else afterward

here i was thinking about actually adding myself to the wagon - when i say Here, i was reading his posts as just ones to be present than talking about the game, which does not scan as towny to me in a vacuum, so i realized i needed to join the meta discussion to figure it out

and then i wound up on xel instead because specific resistance to voting him seemed odd, and dbp flip-flopping also seemed odd
Maybe I phrased it poorly, I'm mostly pointing out that you had town leans towards people proven town now. Which looks like a positive in my mind for the time being. I keep losing track of what the votecounts were since there wasn't updates made on them as we went on. That actually threw me off bad for EOD but guess my own fault for not tallying them up.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-6-2019, 08:14 PM   #573
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

takeaways from what i just did: like a couple focus things from svaz, like game state feel from star

i'm not sure i saw anyone else respond to that h&h post, which is not something that feels like it should just get straight ignored, and that could be for a couple reasons. i think there's a general trend of defocusing him lately, with kappa kind of suspecting him but he's not the favorite to join kappa's team of 3, and svaz having really just a jokey response. would like him to get back to me to help feel this out
Old 09-6-2019, 08:14 PM   #574
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

would you say it is the unhelpfulness that led you to not want to vote xel?

svaz apparently beat me to my other question here (about dbp/xel) so that's cool

what helps you break the tie between svaz and h&h when you're picking your third wolf in this post?

I didnt vote xel because I think they have more of a chance to do something then Poptart.

The third wolf is hard especially now. So again to recap 1. DPB 2. Svaz/Zenith/H&H in this order. Zenith has probably been the least helpful, but, how XIZ played only doing the T force vote then making some dumb remark after seems stupid. then of course disappearing for the rest of the time. H&H im going to say is most town of the 3 playing his game more purely I guess. I th ink H&H has been the most consistant.
Old 09-6-2019, 08:16 PM   #575
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

oh yeah, i might be able to help with some unofficial votecounts this time, i just didn't have enough time to get the bot open yesterday

if anyone wants a votecount at a particular point in the thread, i might be able to do some trickery to make that happen
Old 09-6-2019, 08:19 PM   #576
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

kappa, have you played with h&h before/do you know each other?
Old 09-6-2019, 08:20 PM   #577
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
kappa, have you played with h&h before/do you know each other?
No but, how hes played d0, the game I subbed in for, and when I played turbo game hes done this non serious town thing.
Old 09-6-2019, 08:21 PM   #578
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

or d1 I mean
Old 09-6-2019, 08:25 PM   #579
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

didn't mean the thatcher's blame thing to be confusing

thatcher's blame is a cognitive bias where you criticize someone for making a bad decision, but every possible decision they could have made at that time was a bad decision, so there's no way for them to avoid a bad outcome. If you forced me to make a sandwich and you only gave me rotten turkey and rotten chicken, it's not a valid criticism to say "you fucked up because you chose rotten chicken", when the unobserved outcome of "rotten turkey" would have been equally bad

in the context of yesterday, indheart ascribed my absence and eventual entry as "me wanting to watch the game fall apart", but if I had straight up not shown up and missed EoD, that would also have been wolfread, indicating, in rhetorical terms, that I had no "winning option"

it's like the opposite of a Xanadu Gambit I guess, but also not a gambit

re: HnH if the rest of the characters are anything like me they just blocked him out to focus on more prevalent topics

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2019, 08:26 PM   #580
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

it doesn't matter now because ind and I hashed it out but there it is for ppl still confused

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Closed Thread